Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My solution to PvP complaints.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
This is my opinion on how to better PvP's current status. Please, feel free to give me your opinions as well.

Rather than entirely changing PvP, I believe another game variant, or "mode" should be added. The majority of complaints in regards to PvP, including my own, are Treasure Cards and Crown equipment. This gives the user an unfair advantage if the opposing player is not prepared. Adding a game mode called "Classic", or something along those lines, would satisfy all players that PvP. The game mode would be exactly as it sounds, NOTHING other than the spells you have in your deck, EXCLUDING the sideboard. Players would start with their base health, and equipment would be removed. Pets would be removed as well. Also, Power Pip % and wand damages could be calculated by school or level. Those that are tired of Treasure Cards and the often ridiculous equipment boosts could play this variant, whereas those that would like to stick to the current PvP system can.

Classic PvP. Yes, no?

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
How I would rebuild PvP:

(I doubt this would be popular)

1. Injured wizards can be healed but defeated wizards can't be brought back.
2. Matches are timed, say 10min per person/side 1v1=10min 4v4=40min max

3. If the match runs the full time, the side with the most wizards standing is given gold/gear drops

4. The system would track the highest damage/healing in a match by school and level and compare each player's total to the highest match total on record for their level/school (see below), the resulting % would be a score, the team with the highest overall score is the winner.

5. Losing a match won't lower your experience (rank) but it will not advance it either

Let's say a 24 storm and 22 ice were in a duel, and the storm defeats ice, storm gets drops. But when the totals are figured (this would happen really fast and could be animated with spinning counters or something), the ice wizard did more damage realitive to what a 22 ice wizard does in PvP than the storm wizard did. Ice wins, because even though he was defeated, he played the hand he was dealt better than his opponent and gets drops/arena tickets/experience points toward rank.

This ends storm winning by getting lucky and getting off multiple wild bolts for 1K each (or balance throwing judgements one after another)

No more school X is too powerful because the scoring takes both players stats into account to determine how well each player performed in the match to find the winner, not "last wizard standing".

No more complaining about treasure cards/pets/crown gear for the same reason because the more wizards from a school who use these things, they would keep driving the score they are compared to UP, making it harder for them to win. (the scores could be compared to thelast week/ month, whatever time period KI likes)

No more matches being too long because they are timed.

PvP problems solved!