Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My life guide to pvp! It helps people

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 07, 2010
As a life this is the deck I tend to use when facing people 1v1. This is my guide to pvp.

My Deck includes:

5 regular tower shields
4 volcanic shield
4 gargantuan shield *colossal when you get the card*
2 dryads
2 entangle
3 forest lords
3 gnomes
3-5 legend shields *maybe up to 5 depending if I use dream shields*
2 life traps
3 life blades
2-3 minions *depending on how much I think I will need her*
2 minor blessing
2 pixies
2-3 rebirths
2 sanctuary's
3-4 satyrs
4-5 triage
2 amplify
2 vengeance
0-2 dream shields
2-3 feint
2 reshuffle
3 spirit blades
0-2 spirit traps
0-2 convictions

* cards from amulets, pets, wands *
1 life blade 45%
1 satyr from my satyr pet
5 Major Torment from my wand

Well my strategy now is simple. First save up and blade up to use gnomes and entangle on your opponent. If you can get about 4 life dispels on them, you have taken their healing out of the game. I attack with gnomes when I get it, and it doesn't matter if it is weak or not. Then after you have done this use sanctuary. Your opponent can no longer heal with 4+ life dispels so this card will only benefit you, and it can clear their bubble if they use it or not. If you get forest lord in your hand save it, because that will do major damage still with blades and traps, and if the opponent summons a minion it will kill the minion.

This step could come now or earlier depending on where you get her, but summon out your minion. She will heal you and she will attack and break off life shields if the opponent has put them up. As an added bonus she will even add traps.

*be careful to learn when to add traps because sometimes she will take off traps you do not want her to, so you might not be ready with completely strong cards but attack anyway*

I keep two minor blessings in my hand because sometimes other plays are smart enough to cast an entangle on me. This card will get rid of it and not cost me any pips. Also this card will also get rid of infections that have been placed on you. I use a two pixies in my deck for the same reason, and it only costs me one power pips to do about 600-800 healing.

I have four triage in my deck in case I face myth or fire to even death to take out their dot cards that come at me. All that hard work for nothing.

I typically use amplify over vengeance and conviction. Everyone already has high critical block and the chances of it going through are slim already. I barely use conviction also because I can block just fine as it is. I only use I think the other is myth, ice, or storm. If I have amplify on my I am blade to still critical but I receive an extra 15 % on my attack. If I have 3 blades on me and 2 traps on them, even if they have a tower shield, I will still be doing a lot of damage to them.

Treasure deck includes:

14 tower shields
1-2 unstoppable
1 dryad
1-2 gnomes enchanted card
2 life pixies
3 satyrs
1 triage
3 earthquakes
4 shatters
1-2 reshuffle
0-3 fire elf's *only sometimes, but does great to take off shields*

Well I use tower shield whenever I am in danger of an attack or I do not have shields. I like to keep 1-2 tower shields or regular on me at all time. This will solve that problem.

I use 1-2 unstoppable because it gives a 15% piercing rate and makes either gnomes or forest lord past 100% and even if I have smoke screen on me, it usually works.

I keep a dryad treasure as a last ditch effort to heal when I did not draw a healing card and I am very low in health. This will save me.

I do carry gnomes as an enchantment into battle. I know that I have only 3 of them in my deck and sometimes I need more to attack with when I have used them all. Its a perfect way to surprise them.

Life pixies are extra but they do help heal me a lot. Life say if I just used gnomes and I have no pips at the end of the round and the opponent just attacked me and did a lot of damage to me, I will receive one power pips at the start of the battle. Then since I have sanctuary up and I have a chance of criticaling I can do major healing. *last battle I did 2700 with a pixie when I critical* I use another three satyrs to heal myself if I need a little bit of healing and I have the pips. Its just a comfort zone. I know I have more healing if I need it in my treasure side deck if I need to discard it out of my hand to draw more cards.

Fire elf's take off tower shields that people use. Since life does not have a dot of its own, this card helps allot. I can go second and use this card. I will wait for him to shield a couple of times, then I will use it. While my opponent if not concerned since it is weak, It will blow through their shields. I will time it right, and hope my opponent does not shield after their last tower shield if off then attempt to finish them off with gnomes or lord.

I use earthquake when I am going second. That is what I have found helps me allot! My other post will tell you what I did. Yes it does take of entangle, but its a trade off to save your life in pvp. It will remove all blades and shields from the opponent, which means any attack is useless since it will not be strong enough to kill you. *it is a lifesaver, and helps more if you have the myth amulet*

I use shatter as a way to end a long battle. Lets say I have gone though all my minions and I can't waste anymore attacks on shields protecting someone, I save up to 7 pips and use shatter, receive my 5 power pip next turn, and attack with a very strong gnomes to attempt to end the match. It usually works and well over kills them but I do not like to be cheap like that. It works really great if you go first, and can work if you go second. *if you do go second you may have wasted your pips for nothing since your opponent can shield up since they do go first. I find out if you use it after they have shielded allot it works out allot better and they are not expecting it.

Finally, I always have a reshuffle in my treasure card deck. Lets say you accidentally discarded your reshuffle in your deck. Or you were forced to in a last attempt to heal. This card comes in handy if you need your cards back in your deck to keep the fight going or so you do not run out of cards. I have always kept in my side deck and it has saved me numerous times.

Well thank you all for reading I hope it helped you. That is my guide to life pvp. Let me know what you think, or if I helped you or not.

Blake NightWraith