Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Most annoying school to fight in PvP

2
AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
20
Every school has there annoying side and move.

Life-Heals constantly,Rebirth because it heals everyone and gives them absorb

Balance-shields all schools,Judgement because it can work as a one hit KO with some pips and traps

Ice-A lot of defense with a lot of health, Tower Shield because it can easily cut a strong spell in half without one pip

Storm-Very strong spells,Wild Bolt because for two pips, 1000 damage is a lot

Myth-Constantly summoning minions to help them,(I don't have a myth person so I can't really say) Just all the minions

Death-Damages opponets while healing,Beguile because it makes the enemy help you ( a lot of people don't know much about it so they accidently heal their opponet)

Fire-damages people over time leading to 400 damage in one turn just from attacks over time,Heckhound because it can do a lot of damage in one turn ( I've seen 1000 damage every turn with full pips and plenty of traps and blades)
:)


Delver
May 31, 2009
231
there is a reason that storm and life players change their colors to hide their school; storm becuase of the damage they do and life because they are so annoying. life constantly bring their teammates back allowing their teammates to focus on attacking. many schools are danagerous; fire, storm, and balance while other schools like ice and death with their ability to deal damage while recieving damage and still being alive are not that annoying. but myth with its minions and earthquake attack is frustrating, being attacked by minions and having all your shields and blades taken away makes you wish for the ability to text harsh language. but life is the worse, undoing all your hard work, 90% spells, 6 different heal spells, and of course 400 point absorb. they win simply by wearing you down to where you run out of heals for yourself.

the first thing everyone says in PvP "kill the lifer!" no other class recieves this type of attention.

Survivor
Apr 15, 2009
40
clubpenguinrocks1234 wrote:
matvince90 wrote:
Only thing I don't like in PvP is when you kill a life wizard, and then the Life minion heals. When you kill a player, that player's minion should die instantly. That's my only complaint in pvp.
Hey.... grrr..... how dare you say that about my wonderful minion of life! they should NOT die instantly! :x


they dont die instatly i am myth and am known for my minions and when i die
the minions get to finish the turn

Survivor
Apr 15, 2009
40
rayharos wrote:
I made this topic because i have some issues when i fight scertain schools in PvP. Ice because they can resist everything and have tower. balance because they have -50% of attack. and finally life because they will heal someone who is dead which ruins the match for me and my teammates

myth is annoying because they break shields and it takes two shields
to get defended from there attacks but thats why i like myth 8) :D

Survivor
Dec 08, 2008
7
its not the schools that are annoying, it is the obnoxious and arrogant players. My ignore list is so full of players trash talking and berating me in the arena i am surprised i ahve crashed yet, Ranked only brings out the worst in people, ranked should be removed

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
41
Yes! People think ice is good! LIFE is SO annoying. they irratate people by healing over, and over, and over, and over, and..... well, you get the idea.




Wolf Shadowhunter, level 32 ice and death, from somewhere in marleybone.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
5
all schools are good it just depends on the way you use them with shields blades traps and many other stuff that can help you in battle so make a game plan and if that plan dosent work make a stronger one level 48 fire master

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
4
tdude1480 wrote:
The problem about PvP isn't the school (though i will admit life bothers me a bit).
The problem is with the people who misuse treasure cards in the arena in my opinion they should be banned from the arena and to be honest a good friend of mine has talked to an admin about that
The main treasure cards are wild bolt and beguile.


Really? Because I thought in ranked, it was do or die. You give it your all. It is about who is better, and smarter. I have a grand storm, but I don't use wildbolt. Yes, it makes me upset when it gets used against me. But that is the name of the game in ranked matches. You do what is necessary to win.

Tristan Stormtamer
Grandmaster Storm

Survivor
May 02, 2009
16
clubpenguinrocks12... wrote:
matvince90 wrote:
Only thing I don't like in PvP is when you kill a life wizard, and then the Life minion heals. When you kill a player, that player's minion should die instantly. That's my only complaint in pvp.
Hey.... grrr..... how dare you say that about my wonderful minion of life! they should NOT die instantly! :x


No offense but when the life minion heals i find it annoying cause the caster was lucky to survive this :?

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
128
In 1v1, life is by far the most annoying. I don't have the free time to spend hours fighting wars of attrition.

Anyone who plays a life 1v1 and draws it out either needs more homework or a job.

Explorer
Jun 13, 2010
58
Life. They heal. 'Nuff said.

Though I'm a life grandmaster myself. >.>

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
575
Offensively, life is not very threatening at all, until they feint then blade. Their constantly healing strategy is what can be troublesome. It's like trying to fight a recharging battery!

The best way to deal with life is to stack up on your blades and try to collect attack spells as you can. Try to hit weak and soft for a bit so they use their pips on healing, make sure they do not get that sanctuary bubble on and put on a bubble of our own. Carry as many infections as you can to push them to heal then when you are at full pips, hit with as many attacks as you can with your blades and bubbles or whatever one after the other, don't let up!

Like with me, I either manage to shoot with three minotaurs in a row (Which is just awesome I tell you!) Or two full loaded orthrus attacks (both methods will drain you completely X_X)

This will really push a life student into a corner. Don't worry so much about them offensively, they are real pushovers in terms of offense.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
9
Defender
May 21, 2009
142
Hello there wizards of the spiral, I hate to pvp but when I do the schools I hate the most are Storm, Balance, Life, & Death. Here are the reasons why I hate fighting those schools.

Storm: I know they can't help it but there spells are soooo powerful.

Balance: There traps & blades are for all schools. Also the Elemental & Spirit sheilds kill me!

Life: Their ability to heal makes all my work uselss & my attack spell resist against them.

Death they can attack & heal, enough said.

So those are the schools I hate to pvp, keep on fighting & ty for reading!

Christopher JadeBlade
lvl.50 Theurgist
Savior of the Spiral



Defender
Dec 23, 2009
128
"CorbinW" wrote:
Offensively, life is not very threatening at all, until they feint then blade. Their constantly healing strategy is what can be troublesome. It's like trying to fight a recharging battery!

The best way to deal with life is to stack up on your blades and try to collect attack spells as you can. Try to hit weak and soft for a bit so they use their pips on healing, make sure they do not get that sanctuary bubble on and put on a bubble of our own. Carry as many infections as you can to push them to heal then when you are at full pips, hit with as many attacks as you can with your blades and bubbles or whatever one after the other, don't let up!

Like with me, I either manage to shoot with three minotaurs in a row (Which is just awesome I tell you!) Or two full loaded orthrus attacks (both methods will drain you completely X_X)

This will really push a life student into a corner. Don't worry so much about them offensively, they are real pushovers in terms of offense.


Life wizards have bad offense. Wow. This is breaking news. I'm glad you enlightened us all with this information.

As stated or suggested plenty of times, life isn't annoying because of legitimate threats of knocking you down to zero points. They're annoying because many of them stack healing spells to the point where they win when their opponents have to do something else other than play Wizard 101 after 2 or 3 hours.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
575
possumman14 wrote:
"CorbinW" wrote:
Offensively, life is not very threatening at all, until they feint then blade. Their constantly healing strategy is what can be troublesome. It's like trying to fight a recharging battery!

The best way to deal with life is to stack up on your blades and try to collect attack spells as you can. Try to hit weak and soft for a bit so they use their pips on healing, make sure they do not get that sanctuary bubble on and put on a bubble of our own. Carry as many infections as you can to push them to heal then when you are at full pips, hit with as many attacks as you can with your blades and bubbles or whatever one after the other, don't let up!

Like with me, I either manage to shoot with three minotaurs in a row (Which is just awesome I tell you!) Or two full loaded orthrus attacks (both methods will drain you completely X_X)

This will really push a life student into a corner. Don't worry so much about them offensively, they are real pushovers in terms of offense.


Life wizards have bad offense. Wow. This is breaking news. I'm glad you enlightened us all with this information.

As stated or suggested plenty of times, life isn't annoying because of legitimate threats of knocking you down to zero points. They're annoying because many of them stack healing spells to the point where they win when their opponents have to do something else other than play Wizard 101 after 2 or 3 hours.


All you did was repeat the meat of my post. So what are you getting at?
Did you even read the entire post before getting sarcastic?

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
152
Storm spells r strong but often fizzle (im storm so i shuld know) and life heals constantly but they often cant attack well (im also life) but death dousnt realy hav a downside (im also death) so death cuz they dont fizzle ,hav good attacks ,and heal them self while they attack so death is often most annoying.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok I am editing this, today I was fighten a life wiz on my life wiz and we culdnt beat each other cuz we were the same level and the fight went on until we ran ot of cards!!!! Lol! It is impossible to defeat a life wiz wen u a life wiz! Haha so now I will neva fight a life wiz wen i am on my life wiz, well I just prob won't fight one on any wiz cuz the fight go on foreva haha.

Amber Stormsong magus diviner moosu & the arena

Amber Soulhunter adept necromancer arena & krokotopia

Taylor Emeraldspear journeyman Thuegist (I think I spelled that wrong :P ) arena & krokotopia

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
275
To me. Death, is the hardest. They drain all your health, and manage to have.

Fire- Because, they have great DoT. Everytime I see FireDragon, it makes me mad cause I know I don't have much resist to Fire.

Ice- Their health is HUGE, and they have Tower Shield, which makes a Balance Wizard furious.

Storm- Some storm wizards are super easy to beat. The ones who just realize, that Wild Bolt is their god they are easy to beat. If you use more than Wild Bolt, you'll most likely be Warlords quickly.

Balance- I hate fighting Balance (Mostly when I am on my Balance Grand, because we all have the same spells.) It's annoying...

Life- I hate fighting a Life wizard, they heal WAY to much.

Myth- They can Earthquake, and they have Double Attacks (Minotaur, and Orthrus.)

Death- They can attack and heal at the same time. Which I think is a great school to Solo.


Defender
Dec 16, 2009
170
hello fellow wizards im a life wizard and i love my heals i even have sactuary.
but i also got the -25% spell from balance and i got just enough in ice to get tower shield the rest of my points will be going in to death so that the annoying minus 50% to heals wont be so bad and well ill be almost unstopable lol and they are uping the lvl to 60 woot witch means my goal of being really awsome in pvp well lets just say im close and am already awsome in pvp lol

Explorer
Mar 06, 2010
84
rayharos wrote:
I made this topic because i have some issues when i fight scertain schools in PvP. Ice because they can resist everything and have tower. balance because they have -50% of attack. and finally life because they will heal someone who is dead which ruins the match for me and my teammates


-50% off attack? What you talking about?

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
563
XMike551X wrote:
To me. Death, is the hardest. They drain all your health, and manage to have.

Fire- Because, they have great DoT. Everytime I see FireDragon, it makes me mad cause I know I don't have much resist to Fire.

Ice- Their health is HUGE, and they have Tower Shield, which makes a Balance Wizard furious.

Storm- Some storm wizards are super easy to beat. The ones who just realize, that Wild Bolt is their god they are easy to beat. If you use more than Wild Bolt, you'll most likely be Warlords quickly.

Balance- I hate fighting Balance (Mostly when I am on my Balance Grand, because we all have the same spells.) It's annoying...

Life- I hate fighting a Life wizard, they heal WAY to much.

Myth- They can Earthquake, and they have Double Attacks (Minotaur, and Orthrus.)

Death- They can attack and heal at the same time. Which I think is a great school to Solo.



I'm a grandmaster theurgist myself, if I heal a lot of times I just can't find any attacks.

Survivor
May 26, 2009
1
ok so the most annoying school to me is life and here is why. all they do is use towers and guiding light. They also save there pips so they have full powerpips so once you get them close to dieing they just use dryad and get all there health back... :x This process feels like it goes on forever until they either use a boosted centaur and kill you or you find a a time when they dont have a shield up and kill them. the only way i can usually win against a life is it they flee which rarly happens.


~Brandon Nightblood ( master of storm death and balance)

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
152
I think life is the most annoying school to pvp against bcuz I will be 100 points off from killing them and they just heal so I do it again and they heal like every round! Which is why I try not to do pvp against life, no offense intended to life wizards, I just hav better things to do than do a pvp for an hour against somone who won't stop healing! I hav a life wizard and I always get killed first bcuz of that :( (but I always kill the life wiz in a battle first to bcuz if u kill the other the life just heals them) so here is a point of view for both sides, I hate fighting life and wen on my life I always get killed bcuz I just can't find to many attack spells.

Amber Stormsong magus storm, mooshu(crimson fields) and Arena

Taylor Emeraldspear journeyman life, krokotopia and arena

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
26
what is wrong with ice i mean you should think of a strategy before going up agains one i mean if you lose a couple of dule by just going in and see who survives i always plan a strategy beore going of ranked or practis try it and you will see you have a better chance of winning :?

(connor dark blood)
(life wizard)

2