Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Minions are NOT FAIR in PVP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 22, 2012
3
I don't think any minions should be allowed in PVP. Especially Myth wizards - they spam Talos and ruin any possibility of someone winning -- it seems like cheating to me. What do you think?

Kristen ShadowWhisper
Promethean Balance

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
364
BalancePromethean on Sep 4, 2013 wrote:
I don't think any minions should be allowed in PVP. Especially Myth wizards - they spam Talos and ruin any possibility of someone winning -- it seems like cheating to me. What do you think?

Kristen ShadowWhisper
Promethean Balance
Talos can be killed with one sandstorm from you. Its not a big deal. And if you're Death you rejoice when someone throws out a minion. Minion for death = free health. Honestly the mander you have at your disposal is a great and powerful tool. He gives pips and everything.

Wolf Skullslinger

Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
92
Well all I'm gonna say is that myth wizards best ability is to spawn minions making it totally fair.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
953
You need to use their minion to your advantage, not allow it to be your disadvantage.

Example, if I put up a Trap and a Feint, I can let thier Minion take off the +30 or +20
trap that gets put on me with limited damage. I can use their Minion to get Weakness
off of me, while I build up for a big hit.

As Wolf said, Death loves to see minions go up, so I never put up a minion when
I see a Death across from me.

Many uses for opposing Minions, you just have to know when to kill
them and when not too. Some minions you can ignore if you are going for the kill.
All situations are different, and you just have to take them one by one.
As you grow in experience, you will automatically know this.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4933
BalancePromethean on Sep 4, 2013 wrote:
I don't think any minions should be allowed in PVP. Especially Myth wizards - they spam Talos and ruin any possibility of someone winning -- it seems like cheating to me. What do you think?

Kristen ShadowWhisper
Promethean Balance
Minions are FAIR anywhere since each school has at least one. Learn how to get around/defeat it; it's not a big deal.

Champion
Feb 29, 2012
488
Instead of nerfing other schools, why not find a solution yourself? It's not that hard. Back to back sandstorms will take out most, if not all, minions.

Why take away something that is essential to many player's strategies? I have a level 7 Myth Warlord. Without minions, I wouldn't be there. I used them, and sometimes I still lost. You know why? It's because the person I was playing found a way to kill the minions and me. Minions are the only reason I've won or tied from second sometimes. A lucky double attack at the last moment against a Magus can mean the difference.

Don't start nerfing others, use your imagination to create a strategy to move around the obstacles.

Explorer
Dec 21, 2009
84
RavenLady777 on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
Minions are FAIR anywhere since each school has at least one. Learn how to get around/defeat it; it's not a big deal.
What you said!

Survivor
Jan 19, 2010
35
BalancePromethean on Sep 4, 2013 wrote:
I don't think any minions should be allowed in PVP. Especially Myth wizards - they spam Talos and ruin any possibility of someone winning -- it seems like cheating to me. What do you think?

Kristen ShadowWhisper
Promethean Balance
Minions are not cheating in pvp. The wizards who choose to cast them used the pips and the turn to cast it giving you time. Its not like the treasure card issue.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
BalancePromethean on Sep 4, 2013 wrote:
I don't think any minions should be allowed in PVP. Especially Myth wizards - they spam Talos and ruin any possibility of someone winning -- it seems like cheating to me. What do you think?

Kristen ShadowWhisper
Promethean Balance
Balance has a minion just like the other schools. Minions cost pips and are easy to kill so minions are totally fair. Using minions is one of a myth wizard's specialties and they should be able to use them in pvp.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
178
Veracity8 on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
You need to use their minion to your advantage, not allow it to be your disadvantage.

Example, if I put up a Trap and a Feint, I can let thier Minion take off the +30 or +20
trap that gets put on me with limited damage. I can use their Minion to get Weakness
off of me, while I build up for a big hit.

As Wolf said, Death loves to see minions go up, so I never put up a minion when
I see a Death across from me.

Many uses for opposing Minions, you just have to know when to kill
them and when not too. Some minions you can ignore if you are going for the kill.
All situations are different, and you just have to take them one by one.
As you grow in experience, you will automatically know this.
Agreed. It's generally loads of fun to troll them with their own minion. My favorite moments are probably when they put up the storm minion, but the others have great potential for abuse as well.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
17
I only feel that is cheating because everyone else only has 1 minion see? my life has sprite guardian. my balance has only the mander marcus lotus shard lvl 40 wiz.

Explorer
Dec 21, 2009
84
saviorofthespiral7... on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
I only feel that is cheating because everyone else only has 1 minion see? my life has sprite guardian. my balance has only the mander marcus lotus shard lvl 40 wiz.
Actually we all have at least two minions.

Champion
Feb 29, 2012
488
saviorofthespiral7... on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
I only feel that is cheating because everyone else only has 1 minion see? my life has sprite guardian. my balance has only the mander marcus lotus shard lvl 40 wiz.
Myth school's focus early on in the game is minions. Again, think of a way around it rather than nerfing it. I've met some who can defeat me and my minion and I've met some who just defeat me and ignore my minion. How? They had a fixed strategy that worked.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
saviorofthespiral7... on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
I only feel that is cheating because everyone else only has 1 minion see? my life has sprite guardian. my balance has only the mander marcus lotus shard lvl 40 wiz.
Myth has more minions than all the other schools because minions are a part of a myth wizard's specialty, so myth isn't cheating.