Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Minion resurrected by pet?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jan 05, 2010
here's how it went down...

I'm in a very technical low level match going second against another warlord. We both had minions up and in the second part of the round I killed his minion (minion disappeared). His pet casted unicorn after the round and houdini the myth troll reappears before my eyes... What the heck is going on KI?

I eventually grinded out the win but started thinking about it, that minion was dead, gone and dealt with! The system must recognize the minion as a player under the may cast programming. This is a little messed up and I'd like to hear some seasoned players weigh in on this.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
travisAk wrote:

I'm in a very technical low level match going second against another warlord. We both had minions up and in the second part of the round I killed his minion (minion disappeared). His pet casted unicorn after the round and houdini the myth troll reappears before my eyes... What the heck is going on KI?

I eventually grinded out the win but started thinking about it, that minion was dead, gone and dealt with! The system must recognize the minion as a player under the may cast programming. This is a little messed up and I'd like to hear some seasoned players weigh in on this.

If you a minion or player is defeated and a heal all spell is used after they are defeated in that same round (your turn), they are brought back with the amount of the heal. I believe the system recognized the may cast spell within that same round, since may casts can occur when your opponent is casting (first or second).

Explorer
Aug 14, 2011
travisAk wrote:

If it had waited one turn longer to cast, the minion wouldn't be there. It's like, if you were going first and killed my minion, but I had casted sprite on it that turn, it would still be there for the turn (dead) and I would bring him back to life, just like a wizard is resurrected with his pips if dead and brought back alive in the same turn/

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
The system may recognize the minion as a player but it clearly is not, It is a summon spell that should stay dead when defeated.. While I am thankful for the replies, I understand the game mechanics. My aim was to argue the fact that a minion is not a player, does not sit there bobbing it's head untill the end if the whole round. It disappears upon defeat and should not rematerialize under the may cast Miracle programming.

Bottom line it seems a little odd for a summoned minion to die and get brought back by a pet talent.

I know there are REAL issues facing pvp, just wanted to hear some other people's take on the subject.