Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

maycast wands and fixing pvp

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 28, 2012
Maybe may cast wands should have a lower may cast rate. Just because people throw their money at packs doesn't mean they should get the ultimate advantage over those who don't or can't afford packs. I am a level 12 ice wizard and I am wondering why people are even able to get may cast at my level.

It seems like this spell update focused on making w101 a pay to win. I died because of that may cast and I am level 12, 12. NOT 110 12. It would make sense for wands my level to not have may cast considering that Is like 1/3 of my entire health. And no it wasn't a smart combo they made or a devised plan, its just that the rate is so high that one could expect a may cast at least once in every match!

The may cast rate for wands is just too high. I suggest removing it from low level pvp entirely and reducing the rate of wand may cast down to the may cast tower shield rate for pets or down to the may cast rebirth rate which is really low.

Another I don't understand is why am I going against higher ranked people and lower ranked people if I did not check the try all button. It is either unfair for me or my opponent and that is not cool. I was a veteran when I went against a private and it was just too easy. When I was a private I went against a veteran! Not to mention I lost my veteran rank going against a captain despite the fact I wasn't close to knight and I had just made veteran.

If you are going to check the try all button for us then just what is the point? These people are clearly not on my skill level.

At the very least don't let people lose rank from losing to someone who is at least 2 ranks higher than them.

The final problem is level gaps. Now this didn't hurt me yet but there is a thing where people rank down just to fight lower levels. This shouldn't be possible anymore. The matchmaking system should have a fixed level range. An example would be lvl 4-9 are fixed to face people in that lvl range. 10-15 95-110 I think you get the idea.

Because all of these things pvp isn't fair no matter what level you are. There is no escaping the mess that is broken pvp in this game. please fix this so that pvping isn't like flipping a coin. I miss strategy

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
ryandshard1 on Aug 15, 2016 wrote:
Maybe may cast wands should have a lower may cast rate. Just because people throw their money at packs doesn't mean they should get the ultimate advantage over those who don't or can't afford packs. I am a level 12 ice wizard and I am wondering why people are even able to get may cast at my level.

It seems like this spell update focused on making w101 a pay to win. I died because of that may cast and I am level 12, 12. NOT 110 12. It would make sense for wands my level to not have may cast considering that Is like 1/3 of my entire health. And no it wasn't a smart combo they made or a devised plan, its just that the rate is so high that one could expect a may cast at least once in every match!

The may cast rate for wands is just too high. I suggest removing it from low level pvp entirely and reducing the rate of wand may cast down to the may cast tower shield rate for pets or down to the may cast rebirth rate which is really low.

Another I don't understand is why am I going against higher ranked people and lower ranked people if I did not check the try all button. It is either unfair for me or my opponent and that is not cool. I was a veteran when I went against a private and it was just too easy. When I was a private I went against a veteran! Not to mention I lost my veteran rank going against a captain despite the fact I wasn't close to knight and I had just made veteran.

If you are going to check the try all button for us then just what is the point? These people are clearly not on my skill level.

At the very least don't let people lose rank from losing to someone who is at least 2 ranks higher than them.

The final problem is level gaps. Now this didn't hurt me yet but there is a thing where people rank down just to fight lower levels. This shouldn't be possible anymore. The matchmaking system should have a fixed level range. An example would be lvl 4-9 are fixed to face people in that lvl range. 10-15 95-110 I think you get the idea.

Because all of these things pvp isn't fair no matter what level you are. There is no escaping the mess that is broken pvp in this game. please fix this so that pvping isn't like flipping a coin. I miss strategy
sorry I don't think "NOT" going to remove maycast from wands so, maycast wands not a big deal but people use because good wands to use beside Immortal's Lore Pack with there spell of maycast is actually fire, myth, storm new loremaster spell so, going able to train those spell anyways they be drop from loremaster or craft those spell also get spell as drop from pack!

death possible be next new spell so, for next hoard pack (don't think going to be until Halloween)