Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Max pvp no resist

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 28, 2009
I'd like to hear peoples opinions on how far you guys think a player with zero resist good go in max PvP as well as why you think that? Or what school the player would have to be in order to have and easier time having zero resist.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Corwin is the perfect example of someone with no resist, that is towards the top of the
leaderboards. He has basicaly no resist, but does have increadible heal boost and
extremely good Critical block. I think his rank was around 2200 the last time I saw it.
So, with the right Strategy, you can hit the top of the boards, even with no resist.

Explorer
Jun 28, 2009
Veracity8 on Sep 2, 2014 wrote:
Corwin is the perfect example of someone with no resist, that is towards the top of the
leaderboards. He has basicaly no resist, but does have increadible heal boost and
extremely good Critical block. I think his rank was around 2200 the last time I saw it.
So, with the right Strategy, you can hit the top of the boards, even with no resist.
I'm talking about a all out attack strategy with no resist and I played that guy a few days ago. From first I see it as impossible to win angel strat I think I killed him 3 times about still ended up losing thou.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
NorthStarXSHINE on Sep 19, 2014 wrote:
I'm talking about a all out attack strategy with no resist and I played that guy a few days ago. From first I see it as impossible to win angel strat I think I killed him 3 times about still ended up losing thou.
NorthStarShine,

Just a question, did you use DarkFiend? The reason that I ask is I use this as a setup for
a Double hit. It can work if timed correctly. I bring them down as fast as I can (with infection
and Doom, so that Darkfiend can kill. Then I try to keep enough pips, to take them out.
Yeah, I know it doesn't always work, but it seems to give me the best chance of taking out the
Angel strat. Maybe someone else has a better idea that could help.

Defender
Sep 09, 2011
Hi There.

Resist matters if you want to stay alive for couple rounds more. I often see storm with no resist trying to kill you before you do but without resist your live only for 3 rounds. There is not much to do then spam mantle until you get good attack spell also possible with after effect spell but its all question "will i win?" If i find out you are low on my school resist sure know i will bring all my attack on you. Those spells Guardian spirit, Satyr etc. just make you lose pips and possible need for reshuffle. What i do is i wait while they build confidence and put gloom and doom on me then i know it's "to death mode" then fun starts. Shadow spells work best if they don't have universal resist at all but counters are there to stop shadow mantle and dispels. Any shadow you cast you have to use it in right time but if you don't do anything in those 3 rounds you will get only heavy backslash. What i recommend is when using shadow, before 3th round put one feint on opponent or use mix of shadows with shrike but use shrike in 3th round. Then you will only have to worry about double backslash. You would have chance for your attack and shadow attack under 50% pierce and you will have shrike for aditional 3 rounds to cast on opponent because if you cast for example Dark nova and put 2 blades and then cast shrike after that it will attack and in next rounds you can attack with low rank spells. I hope i helped little.

Michael BlueBright, Exalted Conjurer, Warlord, Technomancer