Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mana Burn + Super nova(pet maycast)

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Once again I'm going to declare my stance on why balance is still not balanced even after the lore master nerf. Mana-burn is still an issue and now super nova has come into play. Balance is still in a questionable state of being balanced post lore master nerf. Mana burn still offers too much control in turn base pvp for balance school with zero counter- play. Being able to set up defensively, strip your opponent pips,while having access to may-cast infallible vs any other school but balance allows this school to go full on offensive without any repercussion.

I don't like the idea where balance has the ability to prevent your opponent from setting up while they are able to dish out damage for doing so. Super nova is a prime example and i don't see no other school like death, life or storm for example, having some sort of perk of stripping the opponent other than blade shatter than can be countered by aegis. These 2 spells should be ban from pvp or rework entirely. Mana burn should do damage base on the amount of pips the opponent has and that's it- No more pip removal. Super nova should be changed to a star spell because its star-death related and has nothing to do with the balance school. Giving everyone access to super nova allows everyone to use it offensively at the cost of 1 pip to keep aura off the opponent. Making balance the sole caster of this spell allows them to use astral aura spells themselves, giving them a one up advantage over the opponent. I don't agree with this concept at all and its unhealthy for pvp.

Since Shadow spells are getting nerfed some considertion on these spells need to get rework- Abominable Weaver, Gaze of Fate and Fire from above are the 3 best example of unbalanced spells.

Weaver, being it does too much damage for a tank school needs a major damage cut.
Gaze, provides a double hit( already a new mechanic in itself for this school) and give a damage boost global at the same time. Global needs to be removed.
FFA- Free fuel on a mass single target damage capped at 1600 should be changed to one trap only. Fire should only be able to stack fuel by using fuel. Ban may-cast fuel from pvp if shatter and enfeeble getting nerf.