Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Making a balance wizard, help?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
I made a balance wizard the other day, and I want him to be pretty awesome at duels. I was wondering what other schools I should train in to really mess people up in PvP? I was thinking going halfway and halfway in Death and Ice. I know it's cheap but Feint and Tower Shield seem like a must have if I'm going to get anywhere. Yay or nay

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
Parkway2010 wrote:
I made a balance wizard the other day, and I want him to be pretty awesome at duels. I was wondering what other schools I should train in to really mess people up in PvP? I was thinking going halfway and halfway in Death and Ice. I know it's cheap but Feint and Tower Shield seem like a must have if I'm going to get anywhere. Yay or nay

DUDE! Just bring judgement man and you're good to go!

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
Parkway2010 wrote:

OK so you want a good balance wizard and you want him to be good at duels?
well i have a master balance wizard and i trained life for the healing and storm for the damage but death is good for the drains and feint. tower shield? i have no use for it. you can put three shields up for no pips and tower only gives one it will be a waste going up to tower because you don't need that shield i would go storm for the damage and because you have both buffs and accuracy buffs
i hope i helped
Flint ravenflame master sorceror

Defender
Mar 08, 2009
VERY YAY! Thats exactly what all grand balance people do and as a level 29 balance i have got feint but still working towards tower shield and i already reached Warlord. Here is a tip: When dueling your worst enemies are balance and myth ( and ice ), I have found a way to counter ice but myth and balance is just too hard. If you have an ice friend ask him to make you 57( or less) steal a wards lol thats what i did. If they put up Ice armor or tower shield just use that to steal it ( dont bother with spirit armor you'll still kill if your done with MB and have bladestorm)What you should have in your deck is 4 elemental shields, 4 spirit shields, 3 dream shields, ( the death level 8 one), 3 Volcanic shields ( The Level 7 Ice one ) 3 feint, 3 balance blade, 3 hex, 2 or 3 Bladestorm, and 4 judgements. Well thats as much as my deck can hold so Good Luck!

Joseph Sandrider Level 29 Balance Warlord
Joseph Liferider Level 48 Life Private

Explorer
May 31, 2008
Ok firstly, you will need a good power for judgement, so go with death up to feint, then take the 'icy' road up to Tower shield, then you can block off other balance wizards judgements as well. Bear in mind that you will get helping hands, and pixie, but you will need a decent healer, If you are 1v1ing get a life wizard friend to make you some Satyr Treasure cards, this will give you decent healing, there is one more tip i would give you, but that would make you almost unstoppable, so i won't tell you :P

I made a balance wizards as well, and my original plan was to hit the arena straight after i get to level 30, And i am sticking with it, My friend got warlord status the same day he got to Magus he had something like 60 wins and 6 losses(not sure) but he defintaley got to warlord, then again, Judgement isn't unstoppable, so don't make it your only strategy.

Defender
Mar 08, 2009
I havent even got tower shield yet and i reached warlord in 2 hours tops. Judgement is UNSTOPPABLE if you have steal a ward next to you lol. As for myth well you cant really block it so idk.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
qXiLL wrote:
Parkway2010 wrote:

DUDE! Just bring judgement man and you're good to go!

it's HARD to get judgement i'm trying to get it right now level 29

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
the best way to go is to go life up to satyr for healing then after that straight to death and you can make it up to wraith so you'll have feint which will go really good with judgment and you can attack and heal yourself as well as others if need be if i added right you'll have one more training point left do whatever you want with that one but if you do what i did your good to go

Survivor
Oct 26, 2008
There are two general ways to go:

1. Take Death to Feint and either Ice to Tower or Life to Satyr, but to be honest you don't need feint unless you want to be a one trick pony and blade then trap and use max pip judgement. This will only get you so far because the better duelists know how to stop the one hit kill.

2. Take Life to Satyr, Ice to tower shield, (to non8er, you need tower shield to prevent the one hit wonders that go with option 1). You will have some points left over, and those can be used for several options.

Option 1 is for the players who try to set up judgement, and that's all they know how to do. (These players can beat inexperienced players who don't know how to defend against judgement, but that's about it). You can make it to warlord, but then you'll meet the better duelists and start losing.

Option 2 is for the players who understand that there is more to balance than two blades, two traps and judgement. These are the tough balance wizards who will win most duels, and the majority have ranks over 1,000.

As you can tell, I recommend option 2 if you want to learn how to use all balance has to offer.

To Proman1355: I've dueled a master balance wizard who used steal ward to steal my towers. He still lost. (stacked weakness still does a lot, and if you put up an elemental or spirit blade right after a tower you'll have to steal three shields before you get to tower, and by then you'll be taking lots of hits.

Defender
Mar 08, 2009
Malhavoc wrote:
There are two general ways to go:

1. Take Death to Feint and either Ice to Tower or Life to Satyr, but to be honest you don't need feint unless you want to be a one trick pony and blade then trap and use max pip judgement. This will only get you so far because the better duelists know how to stop the one hit kill.

2. Take Life to Satyr, Ice to tower shield, (to non8er, you need tower shield to prevent the one hit wonders that go with option 1). You will have some points left over, and those can be used for several options.

Option 1 is for the players who try to set up judgement, and that's all they know how to do. (These players can beat inexperienced players who don't know how to defend against judgement, but that's about it). You can make it to warlord, but then you'll meet the better duelists and start losing.

Option 2 is for the players who understand that there is more to balance than two blades, two traps and judgement. These are the tough balance wizards who will win most duels, and the majority have ranks over 1,000.

As you can tell, I recommend option 2 if you want to learn how to use all balance has to offer.

To Proman1355: I've dueled a master balance wizard who used steal ward to steal my towers. He still lost. (stacked weakness still does a lot, and if you put up an elemental or spirit blade right after a tower you'll have to steal three shields before you get to tower, and by then you'll be taking lots of hits.

Your right you can put shields after tower shield to stop stealing but the thing is NOBODY does that. Its such a smart thing to do but they just sit there with their tower shield vulnerable to steals. Yeah i met someone who beat me by using weakness and plague to weaken me. Since now i only get one point for winning i've stopped pvp for a bit at a rank of 950 or so. Its extremely hard to get 1000+ now i would have to do about 50 matches! I used to have 1200 but then the wipe thing came and now i back at 950. Well i guess its not bad for a magus .

Joseph Sandrider Level 30 Balance warlord
Joseph Liferider Level 50 Life Private
Joseph Nightrider Level 16 Death Private :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
Matthew Starblood Level 20 Storm Private