Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Make it so we get a chance to battle our same leve

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 23, 2009
6
I'm tired of losing a ranked pvp match because the person is either twice my level or higher. It's gets aggrevating after a while when you have a good streak in winning, and then comes a long someone totally higher than you and you have to lose that streak and your rank because it was to tough of a battle. We should be able to at least create our matches in ranked pvp or make it so we battle our same level. If this pvp isn't fixed I am so done with wizard 101. Because I love to pvp and if I'm trying to reach a goal and I have to lose to someone to high that messes up eveything. I mean seriously I have to lose what 21 or 24 points and gain 16?

Defender
Mar 08, 2009
144
*Sigh* Yet another" Put it my way or i am done with Wizard101" topic. Fine leave just because you found one little problem with Wizard101. No game is perfect they're hopefully working on it. So just be patient, because they also have to fix the problems of 100+ more gripes about wizard 101.




Survivor
Apr 02, 2009
45
It sounds like your mad because you lost, especially that last sentence. I think it's ridiculous when people say they're gonna quit W101 for some silly reason. This is game for crying out loud! Get over it! I understand your frustrated, but its not about the lvl, it's about the skill. I'm guessing your a commander(or somewhere around there) and your facing lvl 50 privates. That's common. And fair because that lvl 50 is bad, and your a lower lvl that's good. That's completely fair. So stop you whining. There's already enough people in this forum that complain.

Justin Stormstone
Grandmaster Diviner

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
160
A private rank doesn't mean "bad" or "good" really. It could mean they are average or just started to pvp. I know playing a storm wizard I stay private for my level due to the inherent weakness of low health vs. balance wizards. I can play my balance, life, myth etc. and EASILY get higher ranks.

I do see the frustration though when people face double or triple their level in ranked pvp though. I also do not understand the logic behind this, or why they weigh so heavily pvp rank and little to the actual level of the character.

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
12
Obviously it's not completely fair or there wouldn't be lots of people complaining about it.

PVP ranking is a reflection of PVP experience, not a direct correlation of how many strategic mistakes you will make, nor is it any form of assistance for doing additional damage to someone with significantly higher HP or tanking spells that do a much higher proportion of damage than your own. As it is, if someone ignores PVP until level 50 the lower levels get to suck it up and eat losses as the GM climbs the ranks, eating massive point losses in the process. In theory it's sound but in practice it's a fairly serious issue.

The "skill, not level" reasoning only works in games where all things except in-game know-how is held equal: it's not true for Wizard101. Higher levels means more HP, more damage, more damage buffs/debuffs, better power pips and resistances, LOTS of things. TO A DEGREE this can be compensated for by superior strategy, but such reasoning is not infallible and there's only so much it can do. If this is untrue I invite you to provide proof of defeating a level 40+ using a level 10-something character - it's happened to me, I got 1-shotted. Ah, and treasure cards don't work, because that requires that you have access to either a higher level character, a higher level's good graces, or a higher level's trade.

And that involves level, not just your skill, right?

Do not start going off on people who are frustrated at losing their hard-earned achievements due to facing opponents who could only lose by going afk for several turns. It is not just people complaining that they lost, it is a legitimate issue.

Survivor
Apr 02, 2009
45
DiggerPat wrote:
Obviously it's not completely fair or there wouldn't be lots of people complaining about it.

PVP ranking is a reflection of PVP experience, not a direct correlation of how many strategic mistakes you will make, nor is it any form of assistance for doing additional damage to someone with significantly higher HP or tanking spells that do a much higher proportion of damage than your own. As it is, if someone ignores PVP until level 50 the lower levels get to suck it up and eat losses as the GM climbs the ranks, eating massive point losses in the process. In theory it's sound but in practice it's a fairly serious issue.

The "skill, not level" reasoning only works in games where all things except in-game know-how is held equal: it's not true for Wizard101. Higher levels means more HP, more damage, more damage buffs/debuffs, better power pips and resistances, LOTS of things. TO A DEGREE this can be compensated for by superior strategy, but such reasoning is not infallible and there's only so much it can do. If this is untrue I invite you to provide proof of defeating a level 40+ using a level 10-something character - it's happened to me, I got 1-shotted. Ah, and treasure cards don't work, because that requires that you have access to either a higher level character, a higher level's good graces, or a higher level's trade.

And that involves level, not just your skill, right?

Do not start going off on people who are frustrated at losing their hard-earned achievements due to facing opponents who could only lose by going afk for several turns. It is not just people complaining that they lost, it is a legitimate issue.
OK, yes your right about how much damage you can do compared to their HP and how much damage that lvl 50 is doing to your little HP but he still has a chance to win. I remember when i was a Magus(and i was a captain i think) and I was put up against a lvl45 balance, and I won. You know why? Because I played smarter than that balance guy. I used a tower shield when he had a blade, I used a weakness to protect my HP along with the shield, I used a spirit armor to blunt judgment. You see? There are plenty of ways to beat high lvl wizards. And they're probably privates just like I said before so they cant be that good. And even if it is their first time doing a pvp and they are good, one loss aint gonna hurt ya. I remember reading a post by Tourne. It was about "taking accountability". And that's one thing you need to do. Try to find the post, you should probably read it. It's in the pvp section of the forum. It may be like on the fourth or fifth page cause it's kinda old now.

Defender
Jul 01, 2008
143
I was an Adept and I had to go against a Master level 42.

Defender
Sep 28, 2008
105
hazeldarkness wrote:
I'm tired of losing a ranked pvp match because the person is either twice my level or higher.


Well, a newer more effective dueling system is being considered. So you'll just have to wait till it becomes available if and when.


hazeldarkness wrote:
It's gets aggrevating after a while when you have a good streak in winning, and then comes a long someone totally higher than you and you have to lose that streak and your rank because it was to tough of a battle. We should be able to at least create our matches in ranked pvp or make it so we battle our same level. If this pvp isn't fixed I am so done with wizard 101. Because I love to pvp and if I'm trying to reach a goal and I have to lose to someone to high that messes up eveything. I mean seriously I have to lose what 21 or 24 points and gain 16?


Well, I am sure that the faculty and staff of Wizard101 will be sorry to see you go before they have had adequate time to address your complaints, gripes and oh yes, the hundreds of thousands of other players gripes as well but then I am sure that they are dealing with the issues as fast as they can be done so. Unless of course you are a computer guru and are willing to step in and wave your majic wand to help I would suggest that you wait like all the other millions of players on hard work and persistence to finish its job.

hazeldarkness wrote:
I mean seriously if nothing is done I'm ending ths subscription to my son my 2 daughters and mine


I feel saddened that you would end your daughters subscription because you were not happy with the game. Nothing was said about their happiness or whether they liked the game just that you were beaten in a PVP match that ended your winning streak. Oh, forgive me. I did not know it was your day to have everything laid out on silver platers before you. Like in life, nothing is handed to you in this game. You have to earn it. You earned the right to rank up to a higher level of players. You got beat. Its a game. Get OVER it. You want to end YOUR account then please by all means do so but why would you threaten your children's accounts over something that clearly did not nor does it involve THEIR happiness? This should bother a lot more than just me out there.

Look, a little advanced planning and some forethought can allow a level twenty to beat a grandmaster in the arena. Its NOT rocket science. Its called THOUGHT PROCESSING. Advanced planning and some thought will allow anyone who enters the arena to win the majority, key word here is majority NOT all, of matches.

If you are indeed unhappy with wizards then please do end your subscription and allow the ones of us who enjoy playing the game to do so in our leisure and at our pace as many who have been here a while have set a steady pace with KI that works well for us all.

KI I am sure is working hard trying to fix the problems already diagnosed and the ones that have been troubling many for a while. Its a computer system and as such is subject to computer problems, malfunctions, and of course gremlins.


James DreamRider
GrandMaster Balance
No Retreat No Surrender
and No One gets left Behind
USArmy Retired

Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
5
I just turned lvl 50 and really almost only other thing left for me is PvP. So considering I'm a private and you maybe a Commander or whatever is fair IMO. Obviously you spent plenty of time in PvP to achieve the gear there so you are Definately better than someone your own level just starting PvP to get matched up with.

If your getting matched up with higher levels then obvious its time to level up also. How else do you plan to balance things out. All this whining now is because at level 50 more than likely you won't get 1 shooted by someone in there 30's. Its like getting one shotted by a Rank 5 or 6 Mob at lvl 50 within 4 to 5 rounds.

Real PvP statistics the top 100 would all be Grandmasters. Only reason why its not this way because sidebar choosing. So instead of complaining level up and play your deck and not the sidebar scrolling to get the card you want when you want it. So far only a few fights I've been in didn't seem to use a sidebar the rest is the same exact pattern because they think it can always win.

I can't wait till the real tactics of deck making come into play when players have enough hps to not be able to be one shotted.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2009
11
All i can say is wow.You threaten to quit like the best game ever, just to get what you want.

See you in the Spiral,
Caroline Ravenleaf
Lvl 21 Conjurer

Survivor
May 23, 2009
6
MasterCowboy wrote:
hazeldarkness wrote:
I'm tired of losing a ranked pvp match because the person is either twice my level or higher.


Well, a newer more effective dueling system is being considered. So you'll just have to wait till it becomes available if and when.


hazeldarkness wrote:
It's gets aggrevating after a while when you have a good streak in winning, and then comes a long someone totally higher than you and you have to lose that streak and your rank because it was to tough of a battle. We should be able to at least create our matches in ranked pvp or make it so we battle our same level. If this pvp isn't fixed I am so done with wizard 101. Because I love to pvp and if I'm trying to reach a goal and I have to lose to someone to high that messes up eveything. I mean seriously I have to lose what 21 or 24 points and gain 16?


Well, I am sure that the faculty and staff of Wizard101 will be sorry to see you go before they have had adequate time to address your complaints, gripes and oh yes, the hundreds of thousands of other players gripes as well but then I am sure that they are dealing with the issues as fast as they can be done so. Unless of course you are a computer guru and are willing to step in and wave your majic wand to help I would suggest that you wait like all the other millions of players on hard work and persistence to finish its job.

hazeldarkness wrote:
I mean seriously if nothing is done I'm ending ths subscription to my son my 2 daughters and mine


I feel saddened that you would end your daughters subscription because you were not happy with the game. Nothing was said about their happiness or whether they liked the game just that you were beaten in a PVP match that ended your winning streak. Oh, forgive me. I did not know it was your day to have everything laid out on silver platers before you. Like in life, nothing is handed to you in this game. You have to earn it. You earned the right to rank up to a higher level of players. You got beat. Its a game. Get OVER it. You want to end YOUR account then please by all means do so but why would you threaten your children's accounts over something that clearly did not nor does it involve THEIR happiness? This should bother a lot more than just me out there.

Look, a little advanced planning and some forethought can allow a level twenty to beat a grandmaster in the arena. Its NOT rocket science. Its called THOUGHT PROCESSING. Advanced planning and some thought will allow anyone who enters the arena to win the majority, key word here is majority NOT all, of matches.

If you are indeed unhappy with wizards then please do end your subscription and allow the ones of us who enjoy playing the game to do so in our leisure and at our pace as many who have been here a while have set a steady pace with KI that works well for us all.

KI I am sure is working hard trying to fix the problems already diagnosed and the ones that have been troubling many for a while. Its a computer system and as such is subject to computer problems, malfunctions, and of course gremlins.


James DreamRider
GrandMaster Balance
No Retreat No Surrender
and No One gets left Behind
USArmy Retired


Okay I agree with you, with what you have said it is true it would be unfair if my children have to suffer over my own reasoning. It's a pity That people have to make messages such as these, and it ends up that nothing is fixed and your words meant nothing. I mean I'm only giving a suggestion towards whatever reason and I'm sure more people feel the same way. But, I mean if you're able to create a match using the practice system it should be fair for all to get a chance to not have to worry about Oh i'm dead he's a grandmaster and i'm a journeyman or whatever. We should all have be able to pvp and have fun at the same time. And it's a little off subject but I mean the smart remarks some of the epople have to say is uncalled for also especially when you're trtying to be nice and give them a good luck or whatever. But, anyway thanks for your answer I appreciate it. Bye.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
6
Firedragon491 wrote:
It sounds like your mad because you lost, especially that last sentence. I think it's ridiculous when people say they're gonna quit W101 for some silly reason. This is game for crying out loud! Get over it! I understand your frustrated, but its not about the lvl, it's about the skill. I'm guessing your a commander(or somewhere around there) and your facing lvl 50 privates. That's common. And fair because that lvl 50 is bad, and your a lower lvl that's good. That's completely fair. So stop you whining. There's already enough people in this forum that complain.

Justin Stormstone
Grandmaster Diviner


Okay one, I have the chance to say my opinion and you have yours. We all feel different about several things. This doesn't mean you have the right of way to go be really rude. An i'm not whining okay so learn what it is to whine and what it is to say something that there's a problem with okay? And if we want to complain we can so deal with it alright. You should be happy people have the ordasity to complain because that gives KI a better chance to enhance and know how to make the game right for everyone. So before you comment think about what you're going to say before you type something rude alright. If you have a problem with my complaint suck it up, And don't say anything at all. Bye.

Survivor
Apr 02, 2009
45
hazeldarkness wrote:
Firedragon491 wrote:
It sounds like your mad because you lost, especially that last sentence. I think it's ridiculous when people say they're gonna quit W101 for some silly reason. This is game for crying out loud! Get over it! I understand your frustrated, but its not about the lvl, it's about the skill. I'm guessing your a commander(or somewhere around there) and your facing lvl 50 privates. That's common. And fair because that lvl 50 is bad, and your a lower lvl that's good. That's completely fair. So stop you whining. There's already enough people in this forum that complain.

Justin Stormstone
Grandmaster Diviner


Okay one, I have the chance to say my opinion and you have yours. We all feel different about several things. This doesn't mean you have the right of way to go be really rude. An i'm not whining okay so learn what it is to whine and what it is to say something that there's a problem with okay? And if we want to complain we can so deal with it alright. You should be happy people have the ordasity to complain because that gives KI a better chance to enhance and know how to make the game right for everyone. So before you comment think about what you're going to say before you type something rude alright. If you have a problem with my complaint suck it up, And don't say anything at all. Bye.
I have two things to say for you: I wasn't trying to be rude and i didn't mean for my message to be rude. I'm sorry if I offended you(there's is just a lot of complaints going around and it's annoying me). Second thing is that you said there should be complaining so KI can fix whatever that complaint is about. Well, that is EXACTLY what makes me mad. You know why? Because when people complain about something it sends a message to KI saying that it needs to be fixed, and most of the things that are being complained about don't need to be fixed and would ruin the game in somewhat of a way. Take wild bolt for example. Everybody hates it. But it doesn't need to be changed. If it needs to be fixed just make it so it can't be traded to other wizards. So that way only storm wizards can use this spell. I'm storm and I do use wild bolt, and with all the complaining going around about it, it has a pretty good chance of being changed to something that's not even worth using. Right now I'm really hoping they're not going to change it because I use it a lot. If it's that big of an issue than just make it so that storm wizards can use wild bolt. Anyways, the whole point of saying that about wild bolt is that when your complaining about something, your telling KI it needs to be fixed.(sorry again about my other comment, I didn't mean for my message to sound so rude)

Justin Stormstone
Grandmaster Diviner


Survivor
Mar 04, 2009
11
I don't mean to say your opinionis bad, just that it is surprising that you would quit if you didn't win a pvp.In fact I lose them all the time, but I all so win them alot.I think it makes it even more fun when you face different Levels!! :)

Survivor
Feb 13, 2009
4
After a certain amount of winning in a row your opponents get harder. You can't expect to come into the arena with a low-level and win 15 matches and not expect to get harder opponents. Come on, think about it. One problem and your willing to end your subscription? Alright then, stop playing, but it's your loss.