Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Make Guardian Spirit No PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 30, 2009
44
Hi KI,

Please address the loophole left by not making the gear Guardian Spirit cards No PvP. You did so with the pet Guardian Spirit cards and they are No PvP. Guardian Spirit TCs are only available in enchanted form using Elucidate and Simplify (which are rare) and you also need a high enough level Life wizard to make those. There is gear with Guardian Spirit at every single level because of hoard packs that have not been corrected to be No PvP.

Why am I asking KI to correct this loophole?

At present, team PvP is on its deathbed. 3v3 and 4v4 is generally empty except for boosters and although boosters also used 2v2 for their activities, there were still a few legit matches. But now 2v2 has been taken over by teams that use stall tactics and no hits simply to get wins by getting the other team to forfeit. At the higher levels, this is a combination of Bad Juju, Sanctuary, Jade Gear, Chain Dispelling, Guardian Spirit, and about 20 Reshuffles. Again, these teams do not have attacks other than they may call a minion to Imp the other side. When these teams get each other, these matches take hours, and it is highly suspected that they are not physically present the entire time.

You know about the Jade Juju'ing in 1v1. Well, one Jade Juju match that got another Jade Juju player and that match lasted longer than 3 days (documented on Central).

The same kind of teams exist at lower levels too, although Bad Juju is limited to TCs. It's worse for the other side because there's no Shrike or Shadow at those levels.

Making GS cards No PvP everywhere is one change KI can make quickly. Other changes would be in addressing Dispel Spam, or limiting Reshuffles or maybe a 2-3 hour time limit, after which a Draw is called and both sides lose rank.

Survivor
Jan 03, 2017
1
Hello! My name on the game is Tara Winter, a Max Ice.

I wanted to give my feedback to your comment because I am a PvP'er myself, hitting 2818 in 2nd age as a max ice, 2063 this age on a previous banned account and currently working on 2000 rank again on my new account.

I say that because I want to tell you that I too have fought many juju spammers as well as the jaded "angel" strategic players. Angel is a term that people call players who use Jade gear (high resist) but have OUTSTANDING heal boost, example a simple satyr doing 3000 healing, etc etc. They just dispel spam, shield and heal spam, and wait until you're pretty much swamped that you can't do anything, so they kill at the very end either by trap stacking, OR using the Dark nova strategy with feints.

Kingsisle can NOT take out Guardian Spirit because it's a card given to Life players, before you get quick to reply please understand the other half of what I'm about to say. The REASON they cannot is because if they take a valuable card from life wizards, the spell being given to them as a quest, they would have to also ban a card from EACH SCHOOL to make it somewhat fair. You can't take away from one school and not the others, it would ruin life wizards. Guardian spirit can be countered, Juju spammers can be countered, jades can be countered. Does it suck fighting them? Of course.. Personally as a max level ice, I find being first turn to any of those players to be somewhat easy. I understand the struggle if you are second turn vs any of those strategies or even in team pvp, but it can be beaten.
Juju for example, lets say I am first turn, it takes 3 pips to juju, they can't juju every turn, they will hav to empower, then eventually even sanctuary because they are doing damage to themselves. Take off the juju's asap, don't let them stack on, it can be beaten.

Simply the card cannot be banned for pvp unless they ban cards from each school or it wouldn't be fair.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
957
TaraWinterTheMaxIc... on Apr 28, 2017 wrote:
Hello! My name on the game is Tara Winter, a Max Ice.

I wanted to give my feedback to your comment because I am a PvP'er myself, hitting 2818 in 2nd age as a max ice, 2063 this age on a previous banned account and currently working on 2000 rank again on my new account.

I say that because I want to tell you that I too have fought many juju spammers as well as the jaded "angel" strategic players. Angel is a term that people call players who use Jade gear (high resist) but have OUTSTANDING heal boost, example a simple satyr doing 3000 healing, etc etc. They just dispel spam, shield and heal spam, and wait until you're pretty much swamped that you can't do anything, so they kill at the very end either by trap stacking, OR using the Dark nova strategy with feints.

Kingsisle can NOT take out Guardian Spirit because it's a card given to Life players, before you get quick to reply please understand the other half of what I'm about to say. The REASON they cannot is because if they take a valuable card from life wizards, the spell being given to them as a quest, they would have to also ban a card from EACH SCHOOL to make it somewhat fair. You can't take away from one school and not the others, it would ruin life wizards. Guardian spirit can be countered, Juju spammers can be countered, jades can be countered. Does it suck fighting them? Of course.. Personally as a max level ice, I find being first turn to any of those players to be somewhat easy. I understand the struggle if you are second turn vs any of those strategies or even in team pvp, but it can be beaten.
Juju for example, lets say I am first turn, it takes 3 pips to juju, they can't juju every turn, they will hav to empower, then eventually even sanctuary because they are doing damage to themselves. Take off the juju's asap, don't let them stack on, it can be beaten.

Simply the card cannot be banned for pvp unless they ban cards from each school or it wouldn't be fair.
Tara,

I think you misread his post, or I misread his post, as he is not asking that the spell be removed.
He is only asking that the Treasure card or the Gear card be removed. The way I read it was that
he wanted life to keep their spell, but other schools to lose it from the Gear. Maybe I'm incorrect, but
that is just the way I read it.

Btw, I was in the Quick match that you won on Thursday. I almost had the chance to go against you,
but I had a draw with another Ice that spammed dispels for a tie (but I was given the win). So, you came
in first, and I came in second.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
957
DylanLionEyes,

One comment that I wanted to make to you was on your last line.

"or maybe a 2-3 hour time limit, after which a Draw is called and both sides lose rank."

The first thing that I thought of was, hey, I really like that idea. Then on second thought, I felt that it
was unfair that a person should be punished for joining a match, in which they faced a Jade or JuJu
spammer. I have always liked the idea of a time limit, that is why I do quick matches to help my
brother gain tickets. You know it's just an hour or less, and I know when I'll be done.

So, I agree with the time limit, and I agree that it should be a draw. I just feel that neither should gain
from it, unless one wins. I also feel that neither should be punished if it's a draw.

Explorer
Jun 06, 2011
79
Gosh, don't even get me started on the Battle Cherub scramble. This is almost as redundant as the jujus and ivanko's tiger pet. I'm not sure if the GS spell or item card/tc are currently no pvp, I'm assuming they aren't yet. It's so dirty and shows no skill, you're just shield, GS, etc., then hit with a bladed royal triton to ohko the opponent. I find this common in low level pvp, especially in the summer of 2016.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
453
Veracity8 on Apr 28, 2017 wrote:
Tara,

I think you misread his post, or I misread his post, as he is not asking that the spell be removed.
He is only asking that the Treasure card or the Gear card be removed. The way I read it was that
he wanted life to keep their spell, but other schools to lose it from the Gear. Maybe I'm incorrect, but
that is just the way I read it.

Btw, I was in the Quick match that you won on Thursday. I almost had the chance to go against you,
but I had a draw with another Ice that spammed dispels for a tie (but I was given the win). So, you came
in first, and I came in second.
I agree, Veracity8.

I read the initial suggestion as asking to limit GS to no PvP on gear that Anyone can obtain, like they did with the pet that gave the cards (Battle Cherub).

Tara, the OP didn't mention getting rid of GS completely - just to have it restricted in the Arena.
Life, by all means, should be able to keep their earned spells just like Any other school. Seems you missed the point the OP was making.

Mastermind
Jun 26, 2009
389
SilverbackMonkey on May 11, 2017 wrote:
I agree, Veracity8.

I read the initial suggestion as asking to limit GS to no PvP on gear that Anyone can obtain, like they did with the pet that gave the cards (Battle Cherub).

Tara, the OP didn't mention getting rid of GS completely - just to have it restricted in the Arena.
Life, by all means, should be able to keep their earned spells just like Any other school. Seems you missed the point the OP was making.
She might have gotten confused, the title does say " Make guardian spirit no PVP".

EDIT: but I do agree with her regardless if slightly off topic.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2009
44
TaraWinterTheMaxIc... on Apr 28, 2017 wrote:
Hello! My name on the game is Tara Winter, a Max Ice.

I wanted to give my feedback to your comment because I am a PvP'er myself, hitting 2818 in 2nd age as a max ice, 2063 this age on a previous banned account and currently working on 2000 rank again on my new account.

I say that because I want to tell you that I too have fought many juju spammers as well as the jaded "angel" strategic players. Angel is a term that people call players who use Jade gear (high resist) but have OUTSTANDING heal boost, example a simple satyr doing 3000 healing, etc etc. They just dispel spam, shield and heal spam, and wait until you're pretty much swamped that you can't do anything, so they kill at the very end either by trap stacking, OR using the Dark nova strategy with feints.

Kingsisle can NOT take out Guardian Spirit because it's a card given to Life players, before you get quick to reply please understand the other half of what I'm about to say. The REASON they cannot is because if they take a valuable card from life wizards, the spell being given to them as a quest, they would have to also ban a card from EACH SCHOOL to make it somewhat fair. You can't take away from one school and not the others, it would ruin life wizards. Guardian spirit can be countered, Juju spammers can be countered, jades can be countered. Does it suck fighting them? Of course.. Personally as a max level ice, I find being first turn to any of those players to be somewhat easy. I understand the struggle if you are second turn vs any of those strategies or even in team pvp, but it can be beaten.
Juju for example, lets say I am first turn, it takes 3 pips to juju, they can't juju every turn, they will hav to empower, then eventually even sanctuary because they are doing damage to themselves. Take off the juju's asap, don't let them stack on, it can be beaten.

Simply the card cannot be banned for pvp unless they ban cards from each school or it wouldn't be fair.
I did not say to take it away from Life wizards. I said to make the Guardian Spirit card on Gear No PVP. This follows the same reasoning as why the Guardian Spirit cards on the Battle Cherub are No PVP.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2009
44
Veracity8 on Apr 29, 2017 wrote:
DylanLionEyes,

One comment that I wanted to make to you was on your last line.

"or maybe a 2-3 hour time limit, after which a Draw is called and both sides lose rank."

The first thing that I thought of was, hey, I really like that idea. Then on second thought, I felt that it
was unfair that a person should be punished for joining a match, in which they faced a Jade or JuJu
spammer. I have always liked the idea of a time limit, that is why I do quick matches to help my
brother gain tickets. You know it's just an hour or less, and I know when I'll be done.

So, I agree with the time limit, and I agree that it should be a draw. I just feel that neither should gain
from it, unless one wins. I also feel that neither should be punished if it's a draw.
It can be that there are no points lost either way if a Draw is called. In that case, it simply becomes a big waste of time for the parties involved, but griefers might still want to do that just to waste people's time, even though they gain no points whatsoever. Simply because they are griefers.