Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Make Bad Juju 5 or 6 pips

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 20, 2011
1
Bad juju's spell cost is a little too low. Death Wizards can take advantage of bad juju and use jade gear to resist a large amount of damage dealt to them from juju. Because of it's low spell cost( And the fact that they can use enpower to gain those pips back) those players can spam juju almost every round, giving the opponent almost no chance to get an open hit without a spell taking -90% of their attack power away thus giving an unfair advantage. Increasing the spell cost to 5 or 6 pips will make them unable to repeatedly spam this highly strong weakness spell. Thank you.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2011
17
No!! As it is Death school is very weak when it comes to 1v1! In this age, JuJu spammers are way easy to defeat! Death school is not my main school, so it's not like I am biased, it's just that PvP is very unbalanced at the moment (especially for the Death school) at Prodigious level! The reason you are struggling against them is probably because you don't have all the necessary gear and pet for pvp

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
437
Artur Battle on Mar 14, 2016 wrote:
No!! As it is Death school is very weak when it comes to 1v1! In this age, JuJu spammers are way easy to defeat! Death school is not my main school, so it's not like I am biased, it's just that PvP is very unbalanced at the moment (especially for the Death school) at Prodigious level! The reason you are struggling against them is probably because you don't have all the necessary gear and pet for pvp
Bad Juju is an extremely cheap strat to win a pvp match and can often lead to long matches. Most players leave before the match even begins because of juju spammers. Death shouldn't have to relay on 1 or 2 spells to make their opponent rage and quit, that's just sad. The best way to buff death is not to keep bad juju but make better lore spells for death that they can use for comboing spells in pvp. Death attackers nowadays relay too heavily on shadow pips to do anything since Winged Sorrow and Call of Kruthulu and Bone Dragon are basically the only good hits that death gets. Look at all the top lvl pvp schools currently compared to death.

Ice- amazingly high health, a high damage shadow spell that applies a shield and a good dot hit.
Fire- decently high health, a high damage shadow spell and many combo spells including King Art, Efreet, Fire Elf, Brimstone and Fire Beetle.
Balance- high health but not as high as ice, Loremaster, Gaze.
Death- higher health than Fire but lower than Balance and 2 good shadow spells but only other useful spells are poison and skeletal dragon (no amazingly good low pip combo spells).

Last of all, gear doesn't matter when you're facing juju. A 90% weakness will make your attacks weak whether you're wearing full darkmoor or full waterworks.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
415
A Mass Cleanse Charm spell would not this problem right out the box.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
415
Mr Talon on Apr 1, 2016 wrote:
A Mass Cleanse Charm spell would not this problem right out the box.
Knock

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
365
Daniel00000007 on Mar 12, 2016 wrote:
Bad juju's spell cost is a little too low. Death Wizards can take advantage of bad juju and use jade gear to resist a large amount of damage dealt to them from juju. Because of it's low spell cost( And the fact that they can use enpower to gain those pips back) those players can spam juju almost every round, giving the opponent almost no chance to get an open hit without a spell taking -90% of their attack power away thus giving an unfair advantage. Increasing the spell cost to 5 or 6 pips will make them unable to repeatedly spam this highly strong weakness spell. Thank you.
wouldn't matter because did chance bad juju pips (wouldn't matter) elucidate no longer popular! I don't fair others school can't have good spell because unfair for storm be using insane bolt because only spell that is a moon damage spell!

don't forget about efreet spell because unfair pvp spell people complain about bad juju?

mostly want a spell: remove people off mine duel and do new world quest solo

Survivor
Jun 05, 2011
24
There is no need to make it 5 or 6 pips. Death as is not a very good school, PvP wise, and Juju is the only spell that makes Death PvP useful, mainly at 80 PvP. Whether it's shrike, or the overpowered stupid spells that shouldn't be PvP allowed, there are plenty of ways to defeat Jujus. There are many flaws to the Juju strategy, and you need to understand that Juju people don't have high heal boost, or can't Life bubble because they need the block amulet, or they lose tons of block using a Life mastery. Players can spam low pip hits until they get the chance to hop into shrike, and use a broken five pip spell. Thanks to the jewel update, it makes things even more broken because now you also have an extra 18% pierce. So if you have about 40 pierce, and an average juju has about 65 resist, all you need is infallible to cancel out all their pierce. They should really invest the time into making shadow enhanced spells no PvP or make them 8 pips instead of 5!

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
144
i feel like the main thing to say here is you should learn how to play against them instead of jumping onto a forum and telling ki to take their spells away they have every right to use their spells as they please and just because you cant beat them doesnt mean you should try to mess up their good strategy

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
124
Daniel00000007 on Mar 12, 2016 wrote:
Bad juju's spell cost is a little too low. Death Wizards can take advantage of bad juju and use jade gear to resist a large amount of damage dealt to them from juju. Because of it's low spell cost( And the fact that they can use enpower to gain those pips back) those players can spam juju almost every round, giving the opponent almost no chance to get an open hit without a spell taking -90% of their attack power away thus giving an unfair advantage. Increasing the spell cost to 5 or 6 pips will make them unable to repeatedly spam this highly strong weakness spell. Thank you.
Death is one of the hardest schools to PvP with in the Arena. It's not common to see Death Wizards in the leaderboards. By making JuJu 5 or 6 pips, you are hurting them even more.

Juju can be a really tricky spell to cast. Remember that Juju takes away your blades, but it can also help take away traps that have been placed on you. Juju also requires timing and works best when going first. If you're able to predict when your opponent will hit, it can benefit you a lot. Leave Juju as it is.

I use to be one of those players who hated Insane Bold and Wild Bolt because I found them incredibly annoying but then I realized how much Storm needs these spells in PvP.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
437
AngelBlade69 on Apr 14, 2016 wrote:
There is no need to make it 5 or 6 pips. Death as is not a very good school, PvP wise, and Juju is the only spell that makes Death PvP useful, mainly at 80 PvP. Whether it's shrike, or the overpowered stupid spells that shouldn't be PvP allowed, there are plenty of ways to defeat Jujus. There are many flaws to the Juju strategy, and you need to understand that Juju people don't have high heal boost, or can't Life bubble because they need the block amulet, or they lose tons of block using a Life mastery. Players can spam low pip hits until they get the chance to hop into shrike, and use a broken five pip spell. Thanks to the jewel update, it makes things even more broken because now you also have an extra 18% pierce. So if you have about 40 pierce, and an average juju has about 65 resist, all you need is infallible to cancel out all their pierce. They should really invest the time into making shadow enhanced spells no PvP or make them 8 pips instead of 5!
Main problem is that death juju requires NO SKILL at all. How hard is it to just buy some jade gear and then pack a deck full of juju a and clocks? Not very. You could argue that the other schools don't require skill either and I would agree with you but bad juju is such a cheap strategy. The main reason people complain about juju is because you have 2 choices: flee the match or fight the juju noob for 30 minutes to an hour, neither one is a good choice. Juju is basically as cheap as dispelling, sometimes even cheaper, there are ways to counter juju but they either take a long time or are really predictable. Like you mentioned, death is not a good school but myth isn't either, so should myth resort to dispel spamming or jading? Both strategies that require 0 skill.

Lvl 110
Lvl 84
Lvl 27

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
19
Adam Wintersinger on Mar 16, 2016 wrote:
Bad Juju is an extremely cheap strat to win a pvp match and can often lead to long matches. Most players leave before the match even begins because of juju spammers. Death shouldn't have to relay on 1 or 2 spells to make their opponent rage and quit, that's just sad. The best way to buff death is not to keep bad juju but make better lore spells for death that they can use for comboing spells in pvp. Death attackers nowadays relay too heavily on shadow pips to do anything since Winged Sorrow and Call of Kruthulu and Bone Dragon are basically the only good hits that death gets. Look at all the top lvl pvp schools currently compared to death.

Ice- amazingly high health, a high damage shadow spell that applies a shield and a good dot hit.
Fire- decently high health, a high damage shadow spell and many combo spells including King Art, Efreet, Fire Elf, Brimstone and Fire Beetle.
Balance- high health but not as high as ice, Loremaster, Gaze.
Death- higher health than Fire but lower than Balance and 2 good shadow spells but only other useful spells are poison and skeletal dragon (no amazingly good low pip combo spells).

Last of all, gear doesn't matter when you're facing juju. A 90% weakness will make your attacks weak whether you're wearing full darkmoor or full waterworks.
Its not a cheap way to win generally, most of the time, we use it to our advantage just like any other school would. Most people disagree with this method because they are not death. But lets be honest, every school uses a strategy to weaken others like smokescreen or using the "Angel Strategy" to their team or their advantage. I think that their really is no bad term for any spell because most spells were made to fit in the system, Deaths need a buff just likeany other school does and there is no reason to rant about something that makes others mad. So In conclusion they should keep the spell because it gives deaths a chance in the game, I am pretty sure if you were teamed with a juju spammer you would be happy they they are spamming "Beguile" or "Plague" or "Infection" or "juju"

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
365
Artur Battle on Mar 14, 2016 wrote:
No!! As it is Death school is very weak when it comes to 1v1! In this age, JuJu spammers are way easy to defeat! Death school is not my main school, so it's not like I am biased, it's just that PvP is very unbalanced at the moment (especially for the Death school) at Prodigious level! The reason you are struggling against them is probably because you don't have all the necessary gear and pet for pvp
I don't why people complain about bad juju and I see others reason why others school complain by others school?

list of complain?

people complain about ice because too much defense power (doesn't matter there ice) ice are tank school (that what tank school is about) mostly all tank class carry high heath (in pirate101 as for pirate tank different in pirate101 play as buccaneer

myth wizard complain only school don't have healing spell but I think need deserve one (just make fair for others school) beside don't use snow drift on ice wizard (also I see many storm use healing current as max level) no point of healing because shadow enchanted spell except for life wizard because only most of healing class!

most people complain storm because to overpower high stat but think myth op oh come on how can myth be op if they are weakest school have least aoe others then life wizard?

balance as supernova & mana burn

people complain about jade

people complain about bad juju but whatever rather just use beguile

to much spell give fuel trap (least now road warrior hoard pack give others school fuel but no pvp for tc except for the gear!

everything complain of shadow magic or shadow enchanted spell? (what next: mystery lightning gate in the Arcanum)

Defender
Jan 24, 2009
112
Adam Wintersinger on Apr 27, 2016 wrote:
Main problem is that death juju requires NO SKILL at all. How hard is it to just buy some jade gear and then pack a deck full of juju a and clocks? Not very. You could argue that the other schools don't require skill either and I would agree with you but bad juju is such a cheap strategy. The main reason people complain about juju is because you have 2 choices: flee the match or fight the juju noob for 30 minutes to an hour, neither one is a good choice. Juju is basically as cheap as dispelling, sometimes even cheaper, there are ways to counter juju but they either take a long time or are really predictable. Like you mentioned, death is not a good school but myth isn't either, so should myth resort to dispel spamming or jading? Both strategies that require 0 skill.

Lvl 110
Lvl 84
Lvl 27
I disagree Myth is currently the school with the most options and they have stronger base damage. Death literally has nothing going for themselves. They have no treasures, proper utility, special stats, nor spell effects to perform a proper combo. Death is just doing what they can.

Survivor
Feb 18, 2011
11
Artur Battle on Mar 14, 2016 wrote:
No!! As it is Death school is very weak when it comes to 1v1! In this age, JuJu spammers are way easy to defeat! Death school is not my main school, so it's not like I am biased, it's just that PvP is very unbalanced at the moment (especially for the Death school) at Prodigious level! The reason you are struggling against them is probably because you don't have all the necessary gear and pet for pvp
Death school is not weak at all with Lulu and other spells, I think the spell additions and the new critical system has made this area pretty equal, I have been killed with Lulu in one shot and my resist is outstanding, so its more then fair for death... This spam Juju method is getting old, and is also another reason that PVP is dwindling with willing participating players...

Survivor
Feb 18, 2011
11
Adam Wintersinger on Mar 16, 2016 wrote:
Bad Juju is an extremely cheap strat to win a pvp match and can often lead to long matches. Most players leave before the match even begins because of juju spammers. Death shouldn't have to relay on 1 or 2 spells to make their opponent rage and quit, that's just sad. The best way to buff death is not to keep bad juju but make better lore spells for death that they can use for comboing spells in pvp. Death attackers nowadays relay too heavily on shadow pips to do anything since Winged Sorrow and Call of Kruthulu and Bone Dragon are basically the only good hits that death gets. Look at all the top lvl pvp schools currently compared to death.

Ice- amazingly high health, a high damage shadow spell that applies a shield and a good dot hit.
Fire- decently high health, a high damage shadow spell and many combo spells including King Art, Efreet, Fire Elf, Brimstone and Fire Beetle.
Balance- high health but not as high as ice, Loremaster, Gaze.
Death- higher health than Fire but lower than Balance and 2 good shadow spells but only other useful spells are poison and skeletal dragon (no amazingly good low pip combo spells).

Last of all, gear doesn't matter when you're facing juju. A 90% weakness will make your attacks weak whether you're wearing full darkmoor or full waterworks.
I couldn't of said it better, I totally agree with you...

Explorer
Oct 12, 2012
79
JustinFrostHunter on Apr 28, 2016 wrote:
I don't why people complain about bad juju and I see others reason why others school complain by others school?

list of complain?

people complain about ice because too much defense power (doesn't matter there ice) ice are tank school (that what tank school is about) mostly all tank class carry high heath (in pirate101 as for pirate tank different in pirate101 play as buccaneer

myth wizard complain only school don't have healing spell but I think need deserve one (just make fair for others school) beside don't use snow drift on ice wizard (also I see many storm use healing current as max level) no point of healing because shadow enchanted spell except for life wizard because only most of healing class!

most people complain storm because to overpower high stat but think myth op oh come on how can myth be op if they are weakest school have least aoe others then life wizard?

balance as supernova & mana burn

people complain about jade

people complain about bad juju but whatever rather just use beguile

to much spell give fuel trap (least now road warrior hoard pack give others school fuel but no pvp for tc except for the gear!

everything complain of shadow magic or shadow enchanted spell? (what next: mystery lightning gate in the Arcanum)
To add to Myth, Myth also doesn't have a good spam hit Or a good def/hit hit Like efreet, Lore, Lum Weaver, Abom weaver Etc. KI should honestly stop making stun spells now because of how easy it is to counter it in pvp. Myth now a days best moves is blade into King art and Witch ( besides orthrus). But in most Myth matches ( well good myths that are like commander or higher even my self) Only really use king art and witch, which is kinda boring cause thats the only spells good enough to get you far in rank pvp now ( again besides orthrus and mino). I just really want a new unique after effect in a really good attack spell that can help myth be Top Tier with the other schools or at least make it fair enough for all schools to stand a chance against each other so there won't have to be a low- mid tier list.

For Death I Think they need a new lore spell that has 5-6 pips if 5 pips than lower damage than ninja pigs but can maybe to 590 base damage with a good after effect that will help death fight against Balance and Ice. Death really does need a new useful after effect like Myth does too cause Ice does resist a lot, but to me as i seen in most matches they just get walled by Ice. if 6 pips then i'd maybe say like 650 damage and a good after effect or would 650 be to much? I'm pretty sure death is the weakest school in game ( when it comes to damage spells also cause of drain spells) so idk how much the damage should do but it's just a thought.

I honestly wish/hope that Bad juju costs more pips OR can't be used for 1-2 rounds after casting 1 ( mostly saying this to nerf death jades to be honest cause they need to be stopped ) cause of how annoying the spam is but that's just what i think.

( no need for hate replies plz )