Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Low Pip Hit All Enchants and Death Plagues

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 16, 2011
Ok, 2 huge exploits I am seeing in the PvP arena.

1. Hitting schools, especially storm, are using high damage enchants on low pip hit alls to basically get the majority of their damage from the enchant itself.

Storm Lord vs. Tempest: 4 rounds of Colossal Tempests (assuming 7 Pips Total) = 1740 damage
1 Colossal Storm Lord = 975 damage

Fire Dragon vs. Meteor: 2 Colossal Meteor Strikes = 1160-1240 damage
1 Colossal Fire Dragon = 1066 damage over 3 rounds

Ra vs. Sandstorm : 2 Colossal Sandstorms= 1060-1140 damage
1 Colossal Ra = 835-915 damage

Blizzard vs. Ice Angel: 2 Colossal Blizzards= 1050-1130 damage
1 Colossal Ice Angel=1035 damage over 3 rounds

On top of the base damage difference, critical is by definition a percent chance, so it is better to keep testing the opponents' block with multiple small hits than to put all your eggs in one basket and go all or nothing with one big hit.

Solution: With the current damage values, I propose making the enchants a percent increase based as opposed to adding on a fixed damage. (ie. Colossal would add 30% additional base damage to the card)

2. Many death wizards are spamming a constant stream of debuffs that can only broken one at a time with a hit or cleanse charm making it almost mathematically impossible to ever get a clean hit off vs. 2 death wizards.

Solution: The plague really needs an effective counter such as a shatter for non-shield debuffs or a predefined limit to the amount of plagues in a deck.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
I agree with a plague solution, but perhaps not something so severe, maybe a spell available to all schools that removes 2 or 3 debuffs for 1-3 pips? As for the low pip all enemy attacks, I don't really see a problem there. If you want to be more effective with these, you'll have to remain unbladed, otherwise it would be more effective just to use 1 large spell. There are strategic advantages in both, and I personally think that it should remain the way it is.

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
Aaron SpellThief on Oct 7, 2013 wrote:
I agree with a plague solution, but perhaps not something so severe, maybe a spell available to all schools that removes 2 or 3 debuffs for 1-3 pips? As for the low pip all enemy attacks, I don't really see a problem there. If you want to be more effective with these, you'll have to remain unbladed, otherwise it would be more effective just to use 1 large spell. There are strategic advantages in both, and I personally think that it should remain the way it is.
i totally agree with aaron here
now as for the low attacks... to be honest i want to be able to use ra, i really do. but a berserk into double enchanted sandstorm is so much better!

Gabriel Ashcaller level 76 warlord

Survivor
Sep 11, 2012
Reply to first idea: No.
Reply to second idea: No.

Survivor
Sep 11, 2012
You just have to deal with it.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2011
Thank you ,Monquistan, for your momentous contributions to this thread.

Survivor
Sep 11, 2012
chickenhawk100 on Oct 15, 2013 wrote:
Thank you ,Monquistan, for your momentous contributions to this thread.
You're welcome; I love putting complainers and sore losers in their places.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2011
I am a death warlord (71-32)...
I have a problem with my own spell (plague) in that it can be spammed relentlessly and is quiet unfair to other schools.

Regardless of what you think, I am not complaining or being a sore looser.

Just commenting on something I believe to be an unjust component of this game