Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Low-midlevel shortcomings after the update

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
Dear Kingsisle

I might be a very old fashioned player and my views on this possibly vary greatly from those of others.I am playing your fantastic game since 2009 and I can say i thoroughly enjoy it and thank you much for the hours of fun you provided me with.

But there are so many shortcomings in 1v1 low to midlevel pvp, that playing ranked below level 40 is not very enjoyable.

I really appreciated your recent pvp update with the exception of the reshuffle change.
The reshuffle change impacts players at lower levels greatly. We do not have humongous decks to work with and our side deck is fairly small as well. However this is one of the minor problems I encountered.

What really disappointed me is that there have been no changes to access of spells. On my level 30 today I still face the same lvl 5-10 warlords that hit me with overlevel spells and use auras to boost their abilities. Now as I said I am old fashioned. I understand, that I could load my side deck with those said spells and go at it as well. But I really enjoyed the lower levels (I am talking long before Celestia) as they are, and as you give us the tools for them provided by level. Here is where I see skill in playing, when using what the game gave me on my way through my levels and not taking from 30+ levels above me. I get slaughtered, I admit it. Still I go back time and time again, hoping I find another duelist like me, that knows the joy a fair fight within level range can bring.

I also believe there should be certain restrictions to pets at certain levels. But really the reshuffle and pet issue eat at my nerves much less than the unrestricted spells.

Thank you for listening and maybe in the future, there could be a separate entrance to an arena, where people would actually be restricted by level

altana

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
altana on May 14, 2013 wrote:
Dear Kingsisle

I might be a very old fashioned player and my views on this possibly vary greatly from those of others.I am playing your fantastic game since 2009 and I can say i thoroughly enjoy it and thank you much for the hours of fun you provided me with.

But there are so many shortcomings in 1v1 low to midlevel pvp, that playing ranked below level 40 is not very enjoyable.

I really appreciated your recent pvp update with the exception of the reshuffle change.
The reshuffle change impacts players at lower levels greatly. We do not have humongous decks to work with and our side deck is fairly small as well. However this is one of the minor problems I encountered.

What really disappointed me is that there have been no changes to access of spells. On my level 30 today I still face the same lvl 5-10 warlords that hit me with overlevel spells and use auras to boost their abilities. Now as I said I am old fashioned. I understand, that I could load my side deck with those said spells and go at it as well. But I really enjoyed the lower levels (I am talking long before Celestia) as they are, and as you give us the tools for them provided by level. Here is where I see skill in playing, when using what the game gave me on my way through my levels and not taking from 30+ levels above me. I get slaughtered, I admit it. Still I go back time and time again, hoping I find another duelist like me, that knows the joy a fair fight within level range can bring.

I also believe there should be certain restrictions to pets at certain levels. But really the reshuffle and pet issue eat at my nerves much less than the unrestricted spells.

Thank you for listening and maybe in the future, there could be a separate entrance to an arena, where people would actually be restricted by level

altana
Don't you love fighting people exactly your level? My first Second Age PvP on my level 56 Myth got me a level 56 Death I was really happy lol.

Wolf Mythhammer, the Courageous Conjurer

Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
I would probably be just as excited as you are, if it would lead to some balanced duels. Just this is what this is all about and why I posted in the first place. The balance at lower levels is nonexistent.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I can understand your feelings exactly on this issue. I was looking at the leader boards and there is a level 1 storm wizard high on the leader board, which you know HAS to be from using treasure cards effectively.

I, however, happen to be one of those people that loads high level spells from the bazaar in my side deck on my mid level wizard. In the past I mainly played Promethean PvP so there really wasn't any unfair treasure cards I could possibly load. But with the Reshuffle nerf I (and it appears many others) have stopped playing high level PvP and are getting our PvP fix with lower level wizards.

My level 37 Myth wizard has a pet Basilisk and also has a Medusa in his side board. Is this fair? I don't know, but I do know if you want to play warlord level PvP, you need to make good use of your side board. So if it isn't banned by KI, I think you need find every advantage you can find.

Maybe there ought to be a slight nerf to high level spells used by low level wizards? There could be some kind of ratio of wizard level to level needed to cast the spell, which affects the power of the given spell. Just a thought. After all, why should a level one wizard cast the same spell at the same strength as a level 75 wizard?

I'm going to maximize my winning potential by using the rules that KI has chosen to give us, but I certainly see and understand your point.