Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

losing your ranking

1
AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
40
why does your ranking have to go down if you lose, why not just get higher when you win. by lvl 50 Pyromancer John Rubyspear

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
35
Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
11
Newjoker12 wrote:
Bad idea. Why should you not be penilized for losing?
yeah thats right

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
40
Newjoker12 wrote:
Bad idea. Why should you not be penilized for losing?
You cant help if you lose! There shouldn"t be a penalty for losing

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
1205
a loss limit could be placed... that is to say if you are a knight and you lose in pvp, the lowest your points could drop to is the lowest points required to be a knight, once you reach a title you always get to keep that title and further losses merely put you at the bottom value for being at that rank

warlords could display their total points behind their warlord title, they could not drop below being warlords unless pvp is reset, but their points could always increase (those who are competitive would try to get the highest amount of points they could for prestige appearances)

Survivor
Jan 23, 2009
42
You can't always help losing like you said. It could just be a matter of luck in the draw of the cards. With the right deck setup you can however put up a fight. The point system is fair i think. Losing points and winning points just shows your skill in the arena... usually (unless your a chain stunner, spam dispeler, ect.) They also have it like this because they use to hold pvp tournaments, which are currently at a standby, and it was a battle to who could get the most points.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2010
31
i am hating pvp atm!!!!!!! with my myth guy, every time i win i get less than 10 points every time, and when i lose i lose 20-30 points every time and it is extremely hard to lvl! king isle fix the ranking in arena pls!

Explorer
Feb 22, 2010
98
I agree 100%. I really agree with the "you cant go below your rank point requirement idea.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
129
Because it's zero-sum. Someone has to win, and someone has to lose. Welcome to life.

It's not fair that people in Africa are starving and that there are homeless people all over the world. Write a thread about that too.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
489
If you couldn't lose points or rank then there would be no point in pvp. It is totally your fault if you lose and you should be penalized as such. I'm storm and i lose all the time but am i complaining? NO

Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
2
I really wish that when you lose you get no rank but when you win you do because if we keep going winnig and losing we never gonan get stronger its very hard to get the rank up :? :(

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
129
I really wish that when you lose you get no rank but when you win you do because if we keep going winnig and losing we never gonan get stronger its very hard to get the rank up

Yeah, doesn't it just stink when the game only rewards people who are good and try to earn things?

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
575
PvP rank is competition. In competition, there are those who are amazing and those who are terrible. The rank point system is supposed to help separate those who are terrible from those who dominate.

This is why we lose more points in losses than we win when we win a match. And that is how it should stay.

Explorer
Mar 28, 2010
53
biltong wrote:
why does your ranking have to go down if you lose, why not just get higher when you win. by lvl 50 Pyromancer John Rubyspear


I agree with this. The reason why is, I was doing ranked PvP, and doing pretty well at it, and then I come across two grands in 2v2: one life, the other myth (I think)
Anyways, my partner and I were both storm, and one of them keeps using wild bolt, AND IT ALWAYS HITS! Only storm wizards are supposed to use wild bolt! Thanks to this, I kept getting knocked down to private.

~Allison Dawnblood, Level 50 Diviner

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
187
Maybe one time you got to a captain or commander and are have been facing people that is harder for you. You should lose points to battle people thats your level but if it is maybe a wild bolt person or a balance that one hits you with judge, that would not really be worth the point loss. So the losing of points could help you get more tickets and make it so you can improve by fighting people that are closer to your skill in pvp. That will help you get better.

Explorer
Apr 04, 2010
77
biltong wrote:
why does your ranking have to go down if you lose, why not just get higher when you win. by lvl 50 Pyromancer John Rubyspear


Lol, i totally agree. Its kinda unfair that if you lose you lose rank. When i win i get little rank poins vs people with higher rank points then me and when i lose, well i lose ALLOT of rank I know some people dont agree but, its just mine and allot of other's oppinions ( sry if i spelled some words wrong )

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
7
biltong wrote:
why does your ranking have to go down if you lose, why not just get higher when you win. by lvl 50 Pyromancer John Rubyspear


if you had it your way we could all be warlords and the pvp arena wont be much of a challenge anymore.

Survivor
Jul 15, 2010
2
i argee i dont think you should lose ranking i wish you could fite in your own lvs

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
1205
Newjoker12 wrote:
Bad idea. Why should you not be penilized for losing?


why should a player with 1000 pvp games under their belt have a lower rating than a person that has yet to play pvp

Survivor
Jan 30, 2010
23
Guys, quit complaining. It's just competition with other wizards. I do think you should at least have a point differ based on lvl diff and how hard the battle was fought. Just wait until yer high lvl, then pvp. As another wizard said, this shows the difference between the terrible pvp wizards, average one's, and the masters. I have a score of 451, and I'm not complaining. (except abotu everyone else complaining)
"When you're going down in defeat, summon that last bit of courage hidden in your heart: Love."
-Liam Starheart lvl 35 sorcerer
-Wolf Emeraldbreeze lvl 11 theurgist
-Luke Skywalker lvl 37 necromancer

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
4
i dont think you should lose ponits when you lose and when you do lose all your hard work is runied because it takes so many points away :(

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
129
This whole thread is ridiculous. Video game or not, I don't know how someone can have the wuss-like mentality to think that there is no reprocussion process involved in losing. The system is designed to benefit those who earn the right to get better gear and to fight better levels of talent.

If you're pathetic at PvP and can't wiggle past corporal, don't blame the game. Blame yourself.

Explorer
Mar 28, 2010
53
possumman14 wrote:
This whole thread is ridiculous. Video game or not, I don't know how someone can have the wuss-like mentality to think that there is no reprocussion process involved in losing. The system is designed to benefit those who earn the right to get better gear and to fight better levels of talent.

If you're pathetic at PvP and can't wiggle past corporal, don't blame the game. Blame yourself.


You obviously don't understand what I meant. When non-storm wizards use wild bolt treasure cards over and over I believe it is unfair for them to benefit. I suppose this is a different issue, however. (It has nothing to do with the gear either!!)

~Allison Dawnblood, Level 50 Diviner

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
129
And I've already stated that if you're dying to wild bolters, go to Krokotopia and level. At the grandmaster level, bolt spammers are the ones stuck at private, because it's not a viable strat.

Survivor
Jan 28, 2010
13


some here have no clue as to what is happening in pvp.I am sick of hearing it is all luck chance etc.This game is not fair and has not been fair.players who have earned armor that makes it impossible to lose with and you say that is fair(wrong) Teams who have played together and have learned how to cheat to win and you call that fair.It is time for wizard 101 to take a look at the pvp and make it fair.You call it fair when a knight plays a warlord wrong.You call it fair when the same player hits three bolts in a row and you fizzle five times wrong.Fix the game.all it takes is for someone to look at the pvp game and it can be made fair.Please make it fair.

1