Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Loremaster should be nerfed

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 16, 2019
4
make it cost 5 pips. And have it only apply one rebuff (doesn’t matter which) instead of 2. Lore spamming is unfun and overpowered.

Explorer
Jun 14, 2017
96
Jade Blade on Apr 24, 2019 wrote:
make it cost 5 pips. And have it only apply one rebuff (doesn’t matter which) instead of 2. Lore spamming is unfun and overpowered.
Then burning rampage needs to be nerfed.

I see a lot of fire complaining about Loremaster and it not going to get nerfed less you want yours number 1 spell to be nerfed called burning rampage.

Champion
Sep 30, 2018
493
Barbie934m on Apr 26, 2019 wrote:
Then burning rampage needs to be nerfed.

I see a lot of fire complaining about Loremaster and it not going to get nerfed less you want yours number 1 spell to be nerfed called burning rampage.
Lore master is going to get nerf because its more broken than burning rampage lol. Burning rampage doesnt need a nerf it fact its just needs a hot fix to be made into a regular dot. Lore master at the cost of 4 pips too much damage and adds not 1 but 2 negative debuffs by far out right broken as well as mana burn that burns people pips for the incorrect amount.

Explorer
Dec 26, 2010
95
Barbie934m on Apr 26, 2019 wrote:
Then burning rampage needs to be nerfed.

I see a lot of fire complaining about Loremaster and it not going to get nerfed less you want yours number 1 spell to be nerfed called burning rampage.
While I do agree with you that rampage also needs a nerf (and my main is a fire wiz ,what school you play most doesn't always make you biased), that really has nothing to do with this thread. The thread is about a nerf for loremaster, which many people across many schools are asking for.

A nerf for loremaster is really needed. Either make it less pips so it can't be spammed or get rid of one of the debuffs. Personally I think getting rid of the accuracy debuff would be better considering there are multiple ways to work around a -25 debuff on your hits. There aren't as many ways to work around the accuracy. You either pick something you don't mind possibly losing like a blade, your a storm and have cleanse (or the rare person who carries that in pvp as a tc), or you stack up on accuracy jewels and hope you can power through it. In high level pvp especially you usually have to just pick trying to power through it. It's not fun in anyway to lose because an accuracy debuff is spammed on you.

Also it's up to KI what spells will receive a nerf or not. It's entirely possible that lore will get a nerf and burning rampage won't. Would that be fair? Nope. Would that change anything? Nope. Saying that lore won't get a nerf unless rampage does is not a statement you should be making when it's not your decision to make. It honestly comes across as a little rude to the person who made the thread.

Champion
Sep 30, 2018
493
Luvdogs99 on Apr 30, 2019 wrote:
While I do agree with you that rampage also needs a nerf (and my main is a fire wiz ,what school you play most doesn't always make you biased), that really has nothing to do with this thread. The thread is about a nerf for loremaster, which many people across many schools are asking for.

A nerf for loremaster is really needed. Either make it less pips so it can't be spammed or get rid of one of the debuffs. Personally I think getting rid of the accuracy debuff would be better considering there are multiple ways to work around a -25 debuff on your hits. There aren't as many ways to work around the accuracy. You either pick something you don't mind possibly losing like a blade, your a storm and have cleanse (or the rare person who carries that in pvp as a tc), or you stack up on accuracy jewels and hope you can power through it. In high level pvp especially you usually have to just pick trying to power through it. It's not fun in anyway to lose because an accuracy debuff is spammed on you.

Also it's up to KI what spells will receive a nerf or not. It's entirely possible that lore will get a nerf and burning rampage won't. Would that be fair? Nope. Would that change anything? Nope. Saying that lore won't get a nerf unless rampage does is not a statement you should be making when it's not your decision to make. It honestly comes across as a little rude to the person who made the thread.
I think you mean make it an extra pip not less, less pips means more spam. So yes making it 5 pips keeping it how it is to me is balance or as i mention before reduce the base damage to 400 flat and leave the -20% charm while removing the -35% debuff weakness. After the so called balance move made by k i to remove tc vendors for an event not everyone cares about in test realm i hope i doesn't make it to live realm at all because that's just the worst mistake you can ever make trying to balance a game.

Explorer
Dec 26, 2010
95
angellifeheart on Apr 30, 2019 wrote:
I think you mean make it an extra pip not less, less pips means more spam. So yes making it 5 pips keeping it how it is to me is balance or as i mention before reduce the base damage to 400 flat and leave the -20% charm while removing the -35% debuff weakness. After the so called balance move made by k i to remove tc vendors for an event not everyone cares about in test realm i hope i doesn't make it to live realm at all because that's just the worst mistake you can ever make trying to balance a game.
lol yes that 's correct I meant make it more pips. Loremaster spam is a problem at almost every level of pvp that really needs to stop.

I also hope that taking out tc that everyone uses for leveling as well as pvp does not make it to live realm. As hard as coding can be it would be much more beneficial for KI to find a way to make it so that self made tc can't be used in pvp than to make it impossible to make them at all, even for leveling up your lower level characters.

Personally if I ever decide to make a seventh charcter or get around to leveling up a couple of my others to higher levels then I want to be able to make tc for them so that I can get to where I want to be faster. I solo quite a bit and it can be tedious even with the team up function to make it through the first 4 worlds or so by yourself even with the tc.

Defender
Mar 19, 2011
138
Is it possible to "spam" a four pip spell?

Champion
Sep 30, 2018
493
Liam Swiftwalker on May 17, 2019 wrote:
Is it possible to "spam" a four pip spell?
Yes ill show you how. If your going first at max lets assume ur starting of with 5 pips. Shield x2 then stun block now shrike. Now you have 11 pips. How many lore master can you use against your opponent? the answer to this is simple more than 3 times.

Survivor
Nov 05, 2018
23
I also disagree with loremaster being nerfed loremaster is the best spell that now shadow hit for balance wizards.

If you played on a balance wizard it there's only good spell they can use in rank pvp

Champion
Sep 30, 2018
493
Mikudoll on May 23, 2019 wrote:
I also disagree with loremaster being nerfed loremaster is the best spell that now shadow hit for balance wizards.

If you played on a balance wizard it there's only good spell they can use in rank pvp
Its become problematic at all levels due to its double negative de-buff nature, damage and 4 pip spam and has been in multiple complaints through out the forum. A spell like this on a school that already have alot of debuf controls and game control has proven to be more versatile than most school spells. With that being said just because something is the best in that specific region does not mean its healthy for most part. Lore master is in need or nerfs as well as efreet, burning rampage and insane bolt.

Explorer
Jun 14, 2017
96
angellifeheart on May 23, 2019 wrote:
Its become problematic at all levels due to its double negative de-buff nature, damage and 4 pip spam and has been in multiple complaints through out the forum. A spell like this on a school that already have alot of debuf controls and game control has proven to be more versatile than most school spells. With that being said just because something is the best in that specific region does not mean its healthy for most part. Lore master is in need or nerfs as well as efreet, burning rampage and insane bolt.
So you want fire to have more advantage in rank PvP then other wizards.

I for one as long has fire keep burning rampage has it is balance should also keep Loremaster spell how it is.

You guys choose to do the power pip Jew instead of Accuracy.

So your losing to a balance Loremaster spammer you choose wrong jewel.

Power pips jewels will help you with ice fire and death also myth.

I fought a lot of balance in rank PvP and the only spell that useless is mana burn.

I beat at least 20 balance wizards warlord commander or knight and also private.

And I agree with Dakota EarthHorn now.

It not the spell it the gear what wizards have on and also the pet stats that make Loremaster do 1,200 something against a tower shield.

Samantha max

P:S:
If I can beat burning rampage and Loremaster spammers with a okay pet
Should Winter Moon be nerfed?

Fire have a spell called Brimstone that cost 4 pips so should that be nerfed to 5 pips? And should the life spell name weaver be nerfed because that cost 4 pips also.

Champion
Sep 30, 2018
493
Barbie934m on May 26, 2019 wrote:
So you want fire to have more advantage in rank PvP then other wizards.

I for one as long has fire keep burning rampage has it is balance should also keep Loremaster spell how it is.

You guys choose to do the power pip Jew instead of Accuracy.

So your losing to a balance Loremaster spammer you choose wrong jewel.

Power pips jewels will help you with ice fire and death also myth.

I fought a lot of balance in rank PvP and the only spell that useless is mana burn.

I beat at least 20 balance wizards warlord commander or knight and also private.

And I agree with Dakota EarthHorn now.

It not the spell it the gear what wizards have on and also the pet stats that make Loremaster do 1,200 something against a tower shield.

Samantha max

P:S:
If I can beat burning rampage and Loremaster spammers with a okay pet
Should Winter Moon be nerfed?

Fire have a spell called Brimstone that cost 4 pips so should that be nerfed to 5 pips? And should the life spell name weaver be nerfed because that cost 4 pips also.
Burning rampage isn't as broken as lore master as I didn't it shouldn't get nerf. I clearly stated burning rampage does not need a nerf bot a hot fixed meaning to change the x2 effect into a regular damage over time which should be 170-600 over 3 rounds. As for lore master either the pip value cost should be increase to 5 or keep the weakness lower to the damage to 420 base and remove the mantle effect. Lets not jump to conclusion am not basing my opinion on losing matches against specific schools its more of a general analysis of combination in tiers. My life has 30% accuracy increase and ill still fizzle why? because even tho i acquired 125 accuracy -35 would put me at 90% accuracy now for most part that is real good accuracy but doesn't prevent me from fizzling. Not to mention whenever facing balance its suicide to cast any kinda of star aura spells because of supernova.

Although gears is just apart of it spell designs should meet the standard criteria of the meta, especially at max level to prevent any unfair advantage in pvp. I can beat anyone with or without pets( they are just add on stats of your original stats) Your distaste for fire is amusing but i can't say your totally wrong. I believe the main big issue with fire is that their not only able to combo, but their ability to rely on efreet as a get out of jail free card or heavy stall move that already inflicts mass damage on to their opponent. Such a spell should not be in the hands of a school that already has accessibility to high damage spells.

Survivor
May 20, 2009
2

Loremaster will not be nerfed because it's only 390-470 Damage, yes The debuffs are a pain, but balance really only has one good lore spell and you'd be taking it it away. all pvp has been made more balanced. You have Fires with rampage, which does a lot of damage, myth with pigs - another high damage spell. you also have life with weaver, storm with calypso, and Ice with wintermoon. there are ways to get around the accuracy debuff and its called infallible. its really not an over powered spell given that balance doesn't have much damage, they don't have stun spells, meanwhile everyone else has high damage and spells that can one shot. therefore if the game nerfs Lore. Balance will be at a disadvantage.

Defender
Mar 19, 2011
138
angellifeheart on May 17, 2019 wrote:
Yes ill show you how. If your going first at max lets assume ur starting of with 5 pips. Shield x2 then stun block now shrike. Now you have 11 pips. How many lore master can you use against your opponent? the answer to this is simple more than 3 times.
But then I would have given up three turns before I can start "spamming."

Champion
Sep 30, 2018
493
Liam Swiftwalker on Jun 1, 2019 wrote:
But then I would have given up three turns before I can start "spamming."
Your not giving up turns your using those turns in defensive before going offensive which is generally what every balance warlords do. Unless they go by that annoying minion strategy then thats a different alternate route.

Champion
Sep 30, 2018
493
James777244 on May 31, 2019 wrote:

Loremaster will not be nerfed because it's only 390-470 Damage, yes The debuffs are a pain, but balance really only has one good lore spell and you'd be taking it it away. all pvp has been made more balanced. You have Fires with rampage, which does a lot of damage, myth with pigs - another high damage spell. you also have life with weaver, storm with calypso, and Ice with wintermoon. there are ways to get around the accuracy debuff and its called infallible. its really not an over powered spell given that balance doesn't have much damage, they don't have stun spells, meanwhile everyone else has high damage and spells that can one shot. therefore if the game nerfs Lore. Balance will be at a disadvantage.
And let me ask you this does this justify anything? Just because a spell is the best for that said school doesn't really mean its best as a collective whole. Sure it may give some type of an advantage for that said school but it becomes unhealthy when it becomes to reliable and easily accessible while being game changing at the same time. With that being said when a spell like lore master having double negative de-buff as you mention being a pain we can both agree its problematic.
390 base is nearly the same as luminous weaver yet life only gets a -25% weakness which to be fair its seems a bit under powered in terms of damage 400 flat damage would make it balance., for both school at least. In fact i would agree if they would remove the mantle and buff the weakness by 5% unless the damage is 400 flat.

Lore master isn't the only spell that's in the hand of a school that people in rank are force to rely on ward pets due to not having set shields for balance. Also, for a school that suppose to be "BALANCE" seems to be a bit busted to me.
Having the ability to neutralize ur opponents pips stoping them from doing any set up as a stall while doing damage. Not to mention the fact that Mana burn is yet to be fixed in terms of pip taken(3pips) not the current 6 pips if u have 3 power pips. Balance can also use star spells while being able to nuke anyone who tries to use aura spells themselves. The minion pet that comes with 3 busted minion golem that spams exactly what u want when u need it the most weakness mantle shields. The ability to heal as well as having access to a double hit shadow spell that seriously hurts and puts up a set up bubble for other spells behind it.
Being the only school who can spam weakness for 0 pips without having to worry about fizzling and mantle as well or even stack it on top on each other? A reliable damage and pierce combination. I'm sorry but balance is the one school i can say has 0 excuses to actually really lose pvp matches. Its also a school one can't fully master but is among the S tiers in pvp right now. All its missing is a Damage overtime to break the game and that will be the end of wizard101.

Lore master is indefinitely in comparable to any other lore spells because its uniqueness stands out alone but at the same time is a bit overwhelming So instead of having 2 debuff on one spell its encouraging players to actually use a turn to actually mantle before weakness etc to provide a more fairness to the game.. I hope this helps you understand why lore master is being targeted for nerfs followed by efreet, burning rampage and guardian spirit.

Explorer
Jun 14, 2017
96
angellifeheart on Jun 4, 2019 wrote:
And let me ask you this does this justify anything? Just because a spell is the best for that said school doesn't really mean its best as a collective whole. Sure it may give some type of an advantage for that said school but it becomes unhealthy when it becomes to reliable and easily accessible while being game changing at the same time. With that being said when a spell like lore master having double negative de-buff as you mention being a pain we can both agree its problematic.
390 base is nearly the same as luminous weaver yet life only gets a -25% weakness which to be fair its seems a bit under powered in terms of damage 400 flat damage would make it balance., for both school at least. In fact i would agree if they would remove the mantle and buff the weakness by 5% unless the damage is 400 flat.

Lore master isn't the only spell that's in the hand of a school that people in rank are force to rely on ward pets due to not having set shields for balance. Also, for a school that suppose to be "BALANCE" seems to be a bit busted to me.
Having the ability to neutralize ur opponents pips stoping them from doing any set up as a stall while doing damage. Not to mention the fact that Mana burn is yet to be fixed in terms of pip taken(3pips) not the current 6 pips if u have 3 power pips. Balance can also use star spells while being able to nuke anyone who tries to use aura spells themselves. The minion pet that comes with 3 busted minion golem that spams exactly what u want when u need it the most weakness mantle shields. The ability to heal as well as having access to a double hit shadow spell that seriously hurts and puts up a set up bubble for other spells behind it.
Being the only school who can spam weakness for 0 pips without having to worry about fizzling and mantle as well or even stack it on top on each other? A reliable damage and pierce combination. I'm sorry but balance is the one school i can say has 0 excuses to actually really lose pvp matches. Its also a school one can't fully master but is among the S tiers in pvp right now. All its missing is a Damage overtime to break the game and that will be the end of wizard101.

Lore master is indefinitely in comparable to any other lore spells because its uniqueness stands out alone but at the same time is a bit overwhelming So instead of having 2 debuff on one spell its encouraging players to actually use a turn to actually mantle before weakness etc to provide a more fairness to the game.. I hope this helps you understand why lore master is being targeted for nerfs followed by efreet, burning rampage and guardian spirit.
Wouldn't that count for fire wizards with burning rampage also?

because burning rampage is the best spell for fire wizards

to me what you said goes both ways not to just balance wizards with loremaster spell it also goes against burning rampage because that the best fire spell in rank pvp

Samantha Max

P:S:
becareful what you say because someone will get you back for it in the end.

I know you what fire to keep burning rampage but get loremaster nerfed or add more pips but how is that even fair in rank pvp?

if loremaster gains more pips loremaster will get more damage then before so do you want that instead?

and the mantle and the weakness is easy to get off and that weakness does nothing to your fire spells to be honest.

if a fire has 130 damage minus 20 damage from a loremaster weakness you are still doing at least 110 damage to yours enemy and fire has more critical then balance wizards do.

not all balance wizards use mana burn if they just want to use loremaster spell let them it how the game is and they don't critical all the time they might critical 20% awhile you critical like 60 or 80% for a fire wizard

Champion
Sep 30, 2018
493
Barbie934m on Jun 17, 2019 wrote:
Wouldn't that count for fire wizards with burning rampage also?

because burning rampage is the best spell for fire wizards

to me what you said goes both ways not to just balance wizards with loremaster spell it also goes against burning rampage because that the best fire spell in rank pvp

Samantha Max

P:S:
becareful what you say because someone will get you back for it in the end.

I know you what fire to keep burning rampage but get loremaster nerfed or add more pips but how is that even fair in rank pvp?

if loremaster gains more pips loremaster will get more damage then before so do you want that instead?

and the mantle and the weakness is easy to get off and that weakness does nothing to your fire spells to be honest.

if a fire has 130 damage minus 20 damage from a loremaster weakness you are still doing at least 110 damage to yours enemy and fire has more critical then balance wizards do.

not all balance wizards use mana burn if they just want to use loremaster spell let them it how the game is and they don't critical all the time they might critical 20% awhile you critical like 60 or 80% for a fire wizard
Burning Rampage is just on of many spells fire have in their option to still ohko in a match. Besides isn't this post about Nerfing lore master why are you even mentioning rampage over and over? we already know what needs to be done to burning rampage. If lore master gets an extra pip cost its call balancing. Clearly your not very intuitive about balancing spells and it seems your coming off really bias on your replies for balance and your hate for fire.

Explorer
Jun 14, 2017
96
angellifeheart on Jun 27, 2019 wrote:
Burning Rampage is just on of many spells fire have in their option to still ohko in a match. Besides isn't this post about Nerfing lore master why are you even mentioning rampage over and over? we already know what needs to be done to burning rampage. If lore master gets an extra pip cost its call balancing. Clearly your not very intuitive about balancing spells and it seems your coming off really bias on your replies for balance and your hate for fire.
Because they post it on my for one thing so if you don't want it me defending loremaster on here then make sure your minions don't post it on my post.

I will always defend loremaster spell and I say 100% loremaster doesn't need to be nerfed if it goes for 5 pips it needs more damage then burning rampage does and it keeps the mantle and the weakness.

I'm tired of you fire wizards complaining about a little spell that nothing wrong with in rank pvp.

You just want fire to be the second best to storm in rank pvp.

Kingsisle will never nerf loremaster spell 100% unless they nerf burning rampage also.

I think all loremaster spell should have 2 debuffs okay.

You are acking like a 8 years old because you don't like fizzling in a rank pvp match get a live boy

Champion
Sep 30, 2018
493
Barbie934m on Jun 28, 2019 wrote:
Because they post it on my for one thing so if you don't want it me defending loremaster on here then make sure your minions don't post it on my post.

I will always defend loremaster spell and I say 100% loremaster doesn't need to be nerfed if it goes for 5 pips it needs more damage then burning rampage does and it keeps the mantle and the weakness.

I'm tired of you fire wizards complaining about a little spell that nothing wrong with in rank pvp.

You just want fire to be the second best to storm in rank pvp.

Kingsisle will never nerf loremaster spell 100% unless they nerf burning rampage also.

I think all loremaster spell should have 2 debuffs okay.

You are acking like a 8 years old because you don't like fizzling in a rank pvp match get a live boy
It seems my reply didn't make it to the post, perhaps it wasn't justified. First let me start off by saying once again i did not say fire doesn't need a nerf. What i said specifically is that burning rampage needs to be change from 2 rounds to 3 rounds damage over time. As in 70+700 over 3 rounds which would make it more fair. Secondly I already stated i'm a warlord on all 7 schools therefore am non bias when it comes to my opinions. I based it of pvp experiences as to which is more successful and which is not.

Another thing i wanted to mention is the fact you stated im acting like an 8 years old because i think lore master is broken like anyone one else? Lore master is down right unhealthy for pvp and has been for the past few years. If lore master gets added an extra pip to make it 5 pip cost that will justify its existence. A spell with 2 negative debuff isn't cool and ur bias opinion towards balance isn't cool either. Balance like fire has access to too many game changing utilities that shift the game towards an advantage already. Combine with lore master it renders counter play to near impossible. I've won and lost many games towards this strategies and can emphasized on how other players would feel towards this. Please don't assume everyone is fire because unlike u some of us made it to warlords trying in an unbalance meta.

Explorer
Jun 14, 2017
96
angellifeheart on Jul 3, 2019 wrote:
It seems my reply didn't make it to the post, perhaps it wasn't justified. First let me start off by saying once again i did not say fire doesn't need a nerf. What i said specifically is that burning rampage needs to be change from 2 rounds to 3 rounds damage over time. As in 70+700 over 3 rounds which would make it more fair. Secondly I already stated i'm a warlord on all 7 schools therefore am non bias when it comes to my opinions. I based it of pvp experiences as to which is more successful and which is not.

Another thing i wanted to mention is the fact you stated im acting like an 8 years old because i think lore master is broken like anyone one else? Lore master is down right unhealthy for pvp and has been for the past few years. If lore master gets added an extra pip to make it 5 pip cost that will justify its existence. A spell with 2 negative debuff isn't cool and ur bias opinion towards balance isn't cool either. Balance like fire has access to too many game changing utilities that shift the game towards an advantage already. Combine with lore master it renders counter play to near impossible. I've won and lost many games towards this strategies and can emphasized on how other players would feel towards this. Please don't assume everyone is fire because unlike u some of us made it to warlords trying in an unbalance meta.
I say burning rampage is unhealthy for rank pvp more than Loremaster is.

Loremaster is hard to earn from farming it really rare to get not everyone crafts Loremaster most people earn to Loremaster spell it like a 5% drop rate for Loremaster to drop from Loremaster herself.

So you want those people to get a worst spell brimstone?

If you have a problem with Loremaster which I don’t have a problem with that spell.

I rather get mana burn remove from balance wizard that a more unfair spell card.

Samantha Max

P:S:
Think about others players private have a right to say something into rank pvp not just you Warlords.
I’m a private and I want Loremaster to stay how it is.

Champion
Sep 30, 2018
493
Barbie934m on Jul 23, 2019 wrote:
I say burning rampage is unhealthy for rank pvp more than Loremaster is.

Loremaster is hard to earn from farming it really rare to get not everyone crafts Loremaster most people earn to Loremaster spell it like a 5% drop rate for Loremaster to drop from Loremaster herself.

So you want those people to get a worst spell brimstone?

If you have a problem with Loremaster which I don’t have a problem with that spell.

I rather get mana burn remove from balance wizard that a more unfair spell card.

Samantha Max

P:S:
Think about others players private have a right to say something into rank pvp not just you Warlords.
I’m a private and I want Loremaster to stay how it is.
Lore master is hard to earn? That is entirely untrue. First of all you can craft lore master tc and lore master itself. Ive seen a lot of people gotten lore master on wizard of other schools. Burning rampage is much more harder to get because it requires stone keys which to me is by far the hardest of the 3 keys. No one usually farm lore master for lore its much more easier to craft. What i want is PVP to be fair for all schools and right now specifically have it way to easy than any other schools in the game. That's why their S tier schools. Life just started to hang around with their sacrificing resist and damage for critical boost on heals which to me still isnt 100% effective. Because their critical isn't 100%. Please come up with a better non- bias explanation as to why lore master shouldn't be nerf, without relating it to any other school, so i can understand what ur talking about.

Explorer
Jun 14, 2017
96
angellifeheart on Jul 23, 2019 wrote:
Lore master is hard to earn? That is entirely untrue. First of all you can craft lore master tc and lore master itself. Ive seen a lot of people gotten lore master on wizard of other schools. Burning rampage is much more harder to get because it requires stone keys which to me is by far the hardest of the 3 keys. No one usually farm lore master for lore its much more easier to craft. What i want is PVP to be fair for all schools and right now specifically have it way to easy than any other schools in the game. That's why their S tier schools. Life just started to hang around with their sacrificing resist and damage for critical boost on heals which to me still isnt 100% effective. Because their critical isn't 100%. Please come up with a better non- bias explanation as to why lore master shouldn't be nerf, without relating it to any other school, so i can understand what ur talking about.
Well I rather earn it from Loremaster than craft it on a balance wizard.

So has long has burning rampage not being nerfed neither should Loremaster spell.

My favorite school is balance.

Samantha Max

Survivor
Nov 22, 2017
6
Loremaster doesn't need a nerf its not op in any way you can easily counter this spell just shield up! and plus they should be focused on nerfing burning rampage the fire spell, this spell is way too op dealer much more damage than loremaster and it is almost impossible to counter it in pvp. it literally removes your shield then attacks you the next round which is just way too broken. but lore only does on attack that can esily be blocked by a tower shield and it just gives a weakness and a mantle and you wont fizzle from a -35 mantle unless you have terrible accuracy. Burning rampage is the one that needs a nerf.

Champion
Sep 30, 2018
493
eee19203 on Jul 31, 2019 wrote:
Loremaster doesn't need a nerf its not op in any way you can easily counter this spell just shield up! and plus they should be focused on nerfing burning rampage the fire spell, this spell is way too op dealer much more damage than loremaster and it is almost impossible to counter it in pvp. it literally removes your shield then attacks you the next round which is just way too broken. but lore only does on attack that can esily be blocked by a tower shield and it just gives a weakness and a mantle and you wont fizzle from a -35 mantle unless you have terrible accuracy. Burning rampage is the one that needs a nerf.
Ok? then let me tell you something about the accuracy part, their is no other school able to attain more accuracy that life. Having the spell base of 90% accuracy + 24% jewels +13% from gear(34) boost all adds up to 124 base now u take -35 from that you end up with 89% accuracy which makes it at 11% chance of fizzle which can still put you in the down side of things especially when your opponent is in shrike. The fact that people are coming out here saying lore is the only good spell they have forgot about spells like king art, or spectral blast or even ninja pigs that was just released a while back. But that's not the issue the issue is you guys want to keep both the effects instead of one because you like to see your opponent fizzle back to back if they could without any actual counter. At max level its even worse as many balance mains have access to this spells and usually stack pips until they can shrike and just spam lore back to back. For you that's balance right? not even luminous weaver is as oppressive as lore. Yet is force to use luminous weaver as their only low pip damage source with balance having access to nearly 4-5 low pip decent damage spells.