Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Loremaster for all schools

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
Ok so recently loremaster came and with her came the balance spell loremaster . Anyway, balance wizards you've got to admit it, loremaster is op in pvp. So, I thought why not make a loremaster for all schools. For fire it would deal 430- 510 damage, give you a fire blade, and put a smoke mantle on the target. For death it would do 430 health steal (gives you back half of the damage dealt as health) and give you a death blade. For myth it would deal 400-480 damage, give you a myth blade, and put a myth trap on the target. For storm it would deal 500-580 damage, give you a storm blade, and remove one positive charm. For life it would deal 370-450 damage, give you a life blade, and give you a guiding light. For ice it would deal 350-430 damage, give you an ice blade, and gives you a -35% tower shield. I think pvp should be a bit more balanced with these spells coming to the game.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
stormninja542 on Feb 2, 2014 wrote:
Ok so recently loremaster came and with her came the balance spell loremaster . Anyway, balance wizards you've got to admit it, loremaster is op in pvp. So, I thought why not make a loremaster for all schools. For fire it would deal 430- 510 damage, give you a fire blade, and put a smoke mantle on the target. For death it would do 430 health steal (gives you back half of the damage dealt as health) and give you a death blade. For myth it would deal 400-480 damage, give you a myth blade, and put a myth trap on the target. For storm it would deal 500-580 damage, give you a storm blade, and remove one positive charm. For life it would deal 370-450 damage, give you a life blade, and give you a guiding light. For ice it would deal 350-430 damage, give you an ice blade, and gives you a -35% tower shield. I think pvp should be a bit more balanced with these spells coming to the game.
Oh ya and all the loremasters will cost 4 pips and have the same accuracy as the other damage spells of their school. For example, fire's will have 75% accuracy, death's will have 85% accuracy, ice's will have 80% accuracy etc.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
11
i agree with this as long as every single other school is also willing to give up one of there most useful and most powerful spells to the potluck

level 82

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
stormninja542 on Feb 2, 2014 wrote:
Ok so recently loremaster came and with her came the balance spell loremaster . Anyway, balance wizards you've got to admit it, loremaster is op in pvp. So, I thought why not make a loremaster for all schools. For fire it would deal 430- 510 damage, give you a fire blade, and put a smoke mantle on the target. For death it would do 430 health steal (gives you back half of the damage dealt as health) and give you a death blade. For myth it would deal 400-480 damage, give you a myth blade, and put a myth trap on the target. For storm it would deal 500-580 damage, give you a storm blade, and remove one positive charm. For life it would deal 370-450 damage, give you a life blade, and give you a guiding light. For ice it would deal 350-430 damage, give you an ice blade, and gives you a -35% tower shield. I think pvp should be a bit more balanced with these spells coming to the game.
Why do all of these give blades? The loremaster spell has nothing to do with positive charms...

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
217
loremaster isn't op unless i op it. i have seen sandstorm hit just as hard, and i have seen loremaster hit weak. many many times.its all in how you play it.if you want loremaster, join our school. we would love to have you.

Amber Raven Song 95, Warlord

Survivor
Jun 25, 2011
5
sorry that was off topic I really don't think it matters what spells you get you just gotta finish the game

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
AmberRavenSong7 on Feb 5, 2014 wrote:
loremaster isn't op unless i op it. i have seen sandstorm hit just as hard, and i have seen loremaster hit weak. many many times.its all in how you play it.if you want loremaster, join our school. we would love to have you.

Amber Raven Song 95, Warlord
ALL spells can hit weak when hitting into a shield or weakness. Clearly looking at its damage and effects it is op for a balance spell. Loremaster was a bonus spell for balance along with their two crafting spells, so why don't the other schools get bonus spells?

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
Aaron SpellThief on Feb 4, 2014 wrote:
Why do all of these give blades? The loremaster spell has nothing to do with positive charms...
Oh idk lol, couldn't think of anything different. If you have a different idea I'd like to hear it.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
twilightpony on Feb 4, 2014 wrote:
i agree with this as long as every single other school is also willing to give up one of there most useful and most powerful spells to the potluck

level 82
Why? Balance received loremaster as a bonus spell so I don't see why other schools need to give something up to have a bonus spell too.

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
217
stormninja542 on Feb 5, 2014 wrote:
ALL spells can hit weak when hitting into a shield or weakness. Clearly looking at its damage and effects it is op for a balance spell. Loremaster was a bonus spell for balance along with their two crafting spells, so why don't the other schools get bonus spells?
the spell itself, with no enchants or boosts, hits pretty weak. like i said, it's how you play it. will you be campaigning to take away our sandstorm next? because i can hit around four thousand with that one too. the other schools DO get bonus spells, many of them with after effects. They can be crafted or dropped by loremaster, a myth dragon that leaves a myth trap and a life spider that leaves a weakness are two that come immediately to mind.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
AmberRavenSong7 on Feb 6, 2014 wrote:
the spell itself, with no enchants or boosts, hits pretty weak. like i said, it's how you play it. will you be campaigning to take away our sandstorm next? because i can hit around four thousand with that one too. the other schools DO get bonus spells, many of them with after effects. They can be crafted or dropped by loremaster, a myth dragon that leaves a myth trap and a life spider that leaves a weakness are two that come immediately to mind.
Balance has 3 bonus spells while the rest only have 1 or 2. Of course loremaster can hit weak without enchants and of course sandstorm hits weak without enchants. You're trying to tell me that a spell dealing weaker damage can do more than loremaster. Thats the same with ALL spells but what I'm trying to tell you is that with the pip cost, damage, and effects of loremaster is op. The myth dragon, which is keeper of the flame, costs 4 pips just like loremaster. It does 325 myth damage and puts a myth trap on your opponent. Loremaster does 390-470 balance damage, puts and -35% accuracy debuff, and a -20% weakness debuff on your opponent. It's pretty clear that loremaster is a better spell even though myth spells should do more damage than balance spells. If you play loremaster right it can hit VERY hard and yes harder than sandstorm and keeper of the flame even if those two spells are played right.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
97
Well, why not just get the Loremaster spell? It's not a Balance only spell, she drops it just like all the other spells she drops. I have Krampus on my Ice (though I don't want it because I'm ice and will never really need it lol though it is a cool exhibition spell). Since it's not a quest-only spell that means you can get it as a drop from her and use it however you want though you can't max it out without balanceblade and bladestorm and such, you'll at least have it for the effects it gives.

Idk just trying to broaden the options pool here.

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 82