Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life's new spell that lets them live forever?

1
AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
306
As I sit here typing this, I have been in a match with a life wizard who is going first. I have killed them 3 times, and with the new spell, he dies, and then gets 3800 health back right after he is dead. Did KI think that maybe this is unfair when it comes to the pvp world.?? He hasn't hit me once, yet his deck is stacked with these angel wings that lets him live everytime he dies. I mean I am a fan of life but this is wrong when he hasn't hit me once, I kill him THREE times and then his angel wings bring him back to 3800 health every single time.. His deck is stacked with this ridiculous spell.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
793
jakehjk3 wrote:
As I sit here typing this, I have been in a match with a life wizard who is going first. I have killed them 3 times, and with the new spell, he dies, and then gets 3800 health back right after he is dead. Did KI think that maybe this is unfair when it comes to the pvp world.?? He hasn't hit me once, yet his deck is stacked with these angel wings that lets him live everytime he dies. I mean I am a fan of life but this is wrong when he hasn't hit me once, I kill him THREE times and then his angel wings bring him back to 3800 health every single time.. His deck is stacked with this ridiculous spell.
You suggest to do what about it? I already have an idea for a fix, just needed an adjustment. Make the spell this:
Revives for 25% health upon defeat, No Crit, No Boost Applied. This would mean a flat 25% health.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
People are already complaining that KI is taking what makes life, life away. Now you want to take more of what life does away? If all of these people have life mastery amulets, then use dispel life spells. Granted it might cost pips, but if they can't ever cast this spell, then they can't ever kill you or live through it.

How can you take away or limit a life spell? Has KI limited any other school? Has KI put a limit on Ice's resistance? On Efreet? On Drain spells? On Beguile? On shatter? On Earthquake? On Backdraft? On Supercharge? On shields? On other schools using heal spells?

No? Then why limit 1 school?

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
306
That to me seems fair. I don't want to take the spell from them, cause Life does need a good spell. I was just shocked more than anything, that they were healing that much without attacking at all, just to cast that spell again and again. I'm sure I just need a better strategy too.. Your idea though sounds fair to everyone though if you ask me :)

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
957
darthjt wrote:
People are already complaining that KI is taking what makes life, life away. Now you want to take more of what life does away? If all of these people have life mastery amulets, then use dispel life spells. Granted it might cost pips, but if they can't ever cast this spell, then they can't ever kill you or live through it.

How can you take away or limit a life spell? Has KI limited any other school? Has KI put a limit on Ice's resistance? On Efreet? On Drain spells? On Beguile? On shatter? On Earthquake? On Backdraft? On Supercharge? On shields? On other schools using heal spells?

No? Then why limit 1 school?


Darthjt,

Has Storm been nerfed, over and over.
Have Balance spells been decreased from the Test Realm to the Live realm.
Has KI made mistakes and then corrected them,,,,, Yes they have.
This spell needs to be changed, and anyone that has pvp'ed against it knows it. I don't care if you are a Fire, Myth, Ice or Life, you know this spell was designed wrong.

Joe.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1635
darthjt wrote:
People are already complaining that KI is taking what makes life, life away. Now you want to take more of what life does away? If all of these people have life mastery amulets, then use dispel life spells. Granted it might cost pips, but if they can't ever cast this spell, then they can't ever kill you or live through it.

How can you take away or limit a life spell? Has KI limited any other school? Has KI put a limit on Ice's resistance? On Efreet? On Drain spells? On Beguile? On shatter? On Earthquake? On Backdraft? On Supercharge? On shields? On other schools using heal spells?

No? Then why limit 1 school?


Actually, there's just a certain amount of how many shields and blades that Earthquake removes, and same with Shatter.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
bionaknight wrote:
jakehjk3 wrote:
As I sit here typing this, I have been in a match with a life wizard who is going first. I have killed them 3 times, and with the new spell, he dies, and then gets 3800 health back right after he is dead. Did KI think that maybe this is unfair when it comes to the pvp world.?? He hasn't hit me once, yet his deck is stacked with these angel wings that lets him live everytime he dies. I mean I am a fan of life but this is wrong when he hasn't hit me once, I kill him THREE times and then his angel wings bring him back to 3800 health every single time.. His deck is stacked with this ridiculous spell.
You suggest to do what about it? I already have an idea for a fix, just needed an adjustment. Make the spell this:
Revives for 25% health upon defeat, No Crit, No Boost Applied. This would mean a flat 25% health.


Doom & Gloom, Infection, Infection Treasure, Mass Infection, all of these spells effect any healing spell, including Guardian Spirit.

The Poster, is death. He has all of these spells. He is complaining not just because life has this spell, but because he is upset about Bad Juju. I don't blame him for being upset at Bad Juju, it should be only 2 pips and be a moon spell to boot.

However, these mass complaints over life's 1 really good spell are unwarranted. These attacks have a counter, it's people's strategies that need to change to counter these new spells.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
2720
darthjt wrote:
Doom & Gloom, Infection, Infection Treasure, Mass Infection, all of these spells effect any healing spell, including Guardian Spirit.

The Poster, is death. He has all of these spells. He is complaining not just because life has this spell, but because he is upset about Bad Juju. I don't blame him for being upset at Bad Juju, it should be only 2 pips and be a moon spell to boot.

However, these mass complaints over life's 1 really good spell are unwarranted. These attacks have a counter, it's people's strategies that need to change to counter these new spells.


Infections do not work against Guardian Spirit. Only Doom and Gloom lowers the healing power, however, Doom and Gloom still allows 35% healing boost. So a critical Guardian Spirit under Doom and Gloom is still a significant heal (just not full life under better conditions).

The only tools against Guardian Spirit is Doom and Gloom and a perfectly timed Entangle. This is why so many people are asking for either criticals/boosts to be removed from Guardian Spirit or allow Infections to actually stick against the spell (they are removed when the GS caster is defeated).

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
joujou11cool wrote:
darthjt wrote:
People are already complaining that KI is taking what makes life, life away. Now you want to take more of what life does away? If all of these people have life mastery amulets, then use dispel life spells. Granted it might cost pips, but if they can't ever cast this spell, then they can't ever kill you or live through it.

How can you take away or limit a life spell? Has KI limited any other school? Has KI put a limit on Ice's resistance? On Efreet? On Drain spells? On Beguile? On shatter? On Earthquake? On Backdraft? On Supercharge? On shields? On other schools using heal spells?

No? Then why limit 1 school?


Actually, there's just a certain amount of how many shields and blades that Earthquake removes, and same with Shatter.


You might want to test out your theory, because shatter and earthquake will remove all shields. Easy way to test this theory, is go see cuthalla, blade up all you like, for every blade and shield you use, cuthalla puts a tower shield on. Then use shatter. It might take a minute or so, but every single shield, like 50 of them, will all be removed, pending on how many blades and shields you use to give him a shield. It is fun though.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
kingurz wrote:
darthjt wrote:
Doom & Gloom, Infection, Infection Treasure, Mass Infection, all of these spells effect any healing spell, including Guardian Spirit.

The Poster, is death. He has all of these spells. He is complaining not just because life has this spell, but because he is upset about Bad Juju. I don't blame him for being upset at Bad Juju, it should be only 2 pips and be a moon spell to boot.

However, these mass complaints over life's 1 really good spell are unwarranted. These attacks have a counter, it's people's strategies that need to change to counter these new spells.


Infections do not work against Guardian Spirit. Only Doom and Gloom lowers the healing power, however, Doom and Gloom still allows 35% healing boost. So a critical Guardian Spirit under Doom and Gloom is still a significant heal (just not full life under better conditions).

The only tools against Guardian Spirit is Doom and Gloom and a perfectly timed Entangle. This is why so many people are asking for either criticals/boosts to be removed from Guardian Spirit or allow Infections to actually stick against the spell (they are removed when the GS caster is defeated).


Okay, I stand corrected on the Infection, yes, they would be removed.

People have stated that they survive life for almost 4 hours. They flee because of the length of time. Must mean life is not that overpowered, and can stay alive because of this spell. Again, my point is, why allow every other school to have something that overpowers them, but insist on limiting one school, because it takes longer to defeat them in PvP?

People want to limit lifes boost on this spell. Does that mean, that all other schools should lose life boosts, because they are not life? After all, that would be fair.

Some people have different strategies, some is to attack fast and strong, defeat as quickly as possible, not to defend themself.

Some people, chose to continually shield and shield, building up pips. then they attack, shield, and heal. Then continue this trend.

Some people have a balance of blades, shields, attacks and heals.

And then some, don't attack much at all. They heal, heal, and heal some more. Casting shields and healing as often as they can. Their objective is not to defeat you, but to outlast you.

All of these are tactics used in PvP. People complain about every tactic used, you see them all over the message boards.

Some people, use puppet teams, a dirty tactic.

Now, they is a, I can outlive anyone, because I am life tactic. Life is life, it's a good tactic. Now, because some can easily survive for 4 almost 5 hours with a life, and decide to give up, this spell is at fault? With patience, victory is assured.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
Lion359 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
People are already complaining that KI is taking what makes life, life away. Now you want to take more of what life does away? If all of these people have life mastery amulets, then use dispel life spells. Granted it might cost pips, but if they can't ever cast this spell, then they can't ever kill you or live through it.

How can you take away or limit a life spell? Has KI limited any other school? Has KI put a limit on Ice's resistance? On Efreet? On Drain spells? On Beguile? On shatter? On Earthquake? On Backdraft? On Supercharge? On shields? On other schools using heal spells?

No? Then why limit 1 school?


Darthjt,

Has Storm been nerfed, over and over.
Have Balance spells been decreased from the Test Realm to the Live realm.
Has KI made mistakes and then corrected them,,,,, Yes they have.
This spell needs to be changed, and anyone that has pvp'ed against it knows it. I don't care if you are a Fire, Myth, Ice or Life, you know this spell was designed wrong.

Joe.


Why has storm been nerfed over and over? Because people whine and complain. Are these complaints legitimate? Some are and some are not. The Wild Bolt change had to be done, only because of the direction KI was going with accuracy on gear and enchantments. The Change on Sirens was a major nerf that was entirely unnecessary, but was done because people cried that it was just too powerful and had too many effects.

Balance spells, have also been increased from test realm to live realm. What spells have actually been decreased, may I ask? Also, Balance has no school specific shield mind you, and I did warn you about armor piercing.

Has KI made mistakes in the past, of course they have. However, they have had things really good and messed them up because of these complaints too. Look at Bad Juju, people complained that it was gonna be too overpowered. so KI made it 3 pips now, 300 death damage. Which made it a complete waste of space. It will do more damage to self than a spell against you would and cost you pips to cast it.

So, to make things fair, since everyone wants to complain about this spell. If everyone but life school gives up all healing boosts, both incoming and outgoing, you can limit this spell, that would be fair.

KI has not limited any school for any reason, yet, because some of you don't like that life is being life and known for what it is known for, then might as well limit all schools.

Joe, you should know by now, I am all schools, not just 1. I am firm, but fair. I look at all sides of the spectrum. Yes, this makes life very hard to defeat in PvP, but all aspects of this game is not PvP. Besides, if you can live for 4 almost 5 hours against a life without this spell, I don't quite see the problem, except that you did not have patience and the other person did.


Defender
Jan 25, 2009
173
darthjt wrote:
People are already complaining that KI is taking what makes life, life away. Now you want to take more of what life does away? If all of these people have life mastery amulets, then use dispel life spells. Granted it might cost pips, but if they can't ever cast this spell, then they can't ever kill you or live through it.

How can you take away or limit a life spell? Has KI limited any other school? Has KI put a limit on Ice's resistance? On Efreet? On Drain spells? On Beguile? On shatter? On Earthquake? On Backdraft? On Supercharge? On shields? On other schools using heal spells?

No? Then why limit 1 school?


What? Life losing what makes them sentimanetal? Not at all. Do I have a bunch of Rebirths that I can use freely? How about Dryad? Unicorn? Minor Blessing (this one isn't the most useful)? Unicorn? Regenerate? Tweaking the Guardian Spirit spell wouldn't exactly be taking away what makes Life, well, Life. Do you think it's fair that wizards have to go through a tiring process of getting a Life Mastery and get a life dispel just so that they can dispel a spell that they'd never have to work so hard to dispel if it was used fairly? Bionaknight made a nice suggestion, the spell should be adjusted so that no crit or boost is applied.

Justin Titanwraith, Working His Way Through Avalon.


Hero
Jun 08, 2009
793
darthjt wrote:
bionaknight wrote:
jakehjk3 wrote:
As I sit here typing this, I have been in a match with a life wizard who is going first. I have killed them 3 times, and with the new spell, he dies, and then gets 3800 health back right after he is dead. Did KI think that maybe this is unfair when it comes to the pvp world.?? He hasn't hit me once, yet his deck is stacked with these angel wings that lets him live everytime he dies. I mean I am a fan of life but this is wrong when he hasn't hit me once, I kill him THREE times and then his angel wings bring him back to 3800 health every single time.. His deck is stacked with this ridiculous spell.
You suggest to do what about it? I already have an idea for a fix, just needed an adjustment. Make the spell this:
Revives for 25% health upon defeat, No Crit, No Boost Applied. This would mean a flat 25% health.


Doom & Gloom, Infection, Infection Treasure, Mass Infection, all of these spells effect any healing spell, including Guardian Spirit.

The Poster, is death. He has all of these spells. He is complaining not just because life has this spell, but because he is upset about Bad Juju. I don't blame him for being upset at Bad Juju, it should be only 2 pips and be a moon spell to boot.

However, these mass complaints over life's 1 really good spell are unwarranted. These attacks have a counter, it's people's strategies that need to change to counter these new spells.
I respond to your first two posts with this. We have to face facts: This spell isn't ordinary. I don't think Infect would last through the player dying. Doom and Gloom can work, but could too easily be countered with Sanctuary. Being Revived to Near-full health is something I must object to. Wild Bolt was too powerful, so it was changed. Now Guardian Spirit is tipping the balance. If it were only 25%, I would have no objections. But Full-health or Near-full health revival can't be shrugged off as "not unbalanced." I would also like to point out I have never spoken out for a Nerf. But if they could just take away few boosts that could apply, Life could still be strong with their new spell, and other Wizards would stand a good chance of being able to beat it.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
jennyajtim wrote:
darthjt wrote:
People are already complaining that KI is taking what makes life, life away. Now you want to take more of what life does away? If all of these people have life mastery amulets, then use dispel life spells. Granted it might cost pips, but if they can't ever cast this spell, then they can't ever kill you or live through it.

How can you take away or limit a life spell? Has KI limited any other school? Has KI put a limit on Ice's resistance? On Efreet? On Drain spells? On Beguile? On shatter? On Earthquake? On Backdraft? On Supercharge? On shields? On other schools using heal spells?

No? Then why limit 1 school?


What? Life losing what makes them sentimanetal? Not at all. Do I have a bunch of Rebirths that I can use freely? How about Dryad? Unicorn? Minor Blessing (this one isn't the most useful)? Unicorn? Regenerate? Tweaking the Guardian Spirit spell wouldn't exactly be taking away what makes Life, well, Life. Do you think it's fair that wizards have to go through a tiring process of getting a Life Mastery and get a life dispel just so that they can dispel a spell that they'd never have to work so hard to dispel if it was used fairly? Bionaknight made a nice suggestion, the spell should be adjusted so that no crit or boost is applied.

Justin Titanwraith, Working His Way Through Avalon.



First off, you don't exactly have to work hard for a Life mastery amulet. You can farm for it or you can easily purchase it. Not very long ago, there was a sale 50% off. If you have been following the message boards, lots of people are complaining that all healing spells, rebirth, dryad, satyr, unicorn, fairy, pixie, and sprite, even triage are all treasure cards. Almost all of them can be bought at a library, or easily farmed for. People also complain that everyone can get healing boosts on gear/equipment.

So, now, life has 1 spell now, that nobody can get, not through treasure cards or by pet. You must be a life to get this spell. Now, storm can heal massively over 4000k for 3 pips, Storm also has Wildbolt, which can do over 4000k damage for 2 pips. Fire has Efreet and Heckhound, should I go on? Every school has overpowered spells. Is there a limit on the boosts for those schools? No.

Death's spells, if bladed, can actually take death out, or do very serious damage to death. Dark pact, empower, both use death blades and use death's damage boost. Is that fair to death? No, it's not. The only thing that has been changed is the critical factor. Why? Because critical means double. If it does not give you twice the pips, or twice the blade, it can't do twice the damage.

How you can say, we must limit the critical and boost to one school, without doing so for every school? That would be very unfair. Now, if all life boosts for every school but life were removed, meaning no school could use healing boosts, either incoming or outgoing, then that could be considered fair, otherwise, it would be biased.

As far as Doom & Gloom vs Sanctuary, how is that any different from any of the enviornmental battles that rage from any other school? Sorry, but I have not seen a single legitimate complaint on this spell.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
957
bionaknight wrote:
darthjt wrote:
bionaknight wrote:
jakehjk3 wrote:
As I sit here typing this, I have been in a match with a life wizard who is going first. I have killed them 3 times, and with the new spell, he dies, and then gets 3800 health back right after he is dead. Did KI think that maybe this is unfair when it comes to the pvp world.?? He hasn't hit me once, yet his deck is stacked with these angel wings that lets him live everytime he dies. I mean I am a fan of life but this is wrong when he hasn't hit me once, I kill him THREE times and then his angel wings bring him back to 3800 health every single time.. His deck is stacked with this ridiculous spell.
You suggest to do what about it? I already have an idea for a fix, just needed an adjustment. Make the spell this:
Revives for 25% health upon defeat, No Crit, No Boost Applied. This would mean a flat 25% health.


Doom & Gloom, Infection, Infection Treasure, Mass Infection, all of these spells effect any healing spell, including Guardian Spirit.

The Poster, is death. He has all of these spells. He is complaining not just because life has this spell, but because he is upset about Bad Juju. I don't blame him for being upset at Bad Juju, it should be only 2 pips and be a moon spell to boot.
..........................
However, these mass complaints over life's 1 really good spell are unwarranted. These attacks have a counter, it's people's strategies that need to change to counter these new spells.

......................
I respond to your first two posts with this. We have to face facts: This spell isn't ordinary. I don't think Infect would last through the player dying. Doom and Gloom can work, but could too easily be countered with Sanctuary. Being Revived to Near-full health is something I must object to. Wild Bolt was too powerful, so it was changed. Now Guardian Spirit is tipping the balance. If it were only 25%, I would have no objections. But Full-health or Near-full health revival can't be shrugged off as "not unbalanced." I would also like to point out I have never spoken out for a Nerf. But if they could just take away few boosts that could apply, Life could still be strong with their new spell, and other Wizards would stand a good chance of being able to beat it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with Bionaknight completely on this, he's got it correct imo.
The mass complaints are valid, just as they were for Storm.
I could even complain on the new Balance spell, but I don't have too, it
doesn't work.
It't not all of the new spells that concern me, it only one of Life's that creates an unbalance in the PvP side of the game.
Yes, you are correct Darthjt, this one spell has to have a perfect Statergy to defeat it. Tell me how many players can set that up and execute it?
I'm betting not many in the game, when you take a look at a %.
Yes, can you, probably so, but can 95% of the typical players, I'll bet not.

These utility spells do change the game and stratergies, no question about it. Fire has a much quicker kill now, Myth can push the damage to others, Ice can steal heals, Storm can stop massive blade building damage, Balance can't do anything till their spells are fixed, and Death somehow got the short end of the stick again.
Triage becomes useless against Fire, and was the only hope when hit with a big DOT spell. So yeah, new ideas and deck setup becomes critical, but nothing overpowered till you hit Life.

If KI knew that the heals would be 2000 to 4000 and they kept the spell in the game, they made a mistake. I don't care what anyone says, this is just a bad idea to allow it in PvP. 25% of their health, I could live with, 100% of their health is just a waste of PvP time.

I have a life wizard that I have almost ready to go to Avalon, but
now I have no drive to get him there. This ruins it for me, I wanted gnomes to get him to Warlord in 1v1, but now I really don't care.
If I got him to Warlord before Avalon, it would mean something, now it means nothing. When the award is handed for doing nothing, it means
nothing.
Every life can now get to Warlord with no skill set at all.

I really hope this gets nerfed, or it will ruin PvP for everyone.

Joe.


Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
992
joujou11cool wrote:
darthjt wrote:
People are already complaining that KI is taking what makes life, life away. Now you want to take more of what life does away? If all of these people have life mastery amulets, then use dispel life spells. Granted it might cost pips, but if they can't ever cast this spell, then they can't ever kill you or live through it.

How can you take away or limit a life spell? Has KI limited any other school? Has KI put a limit on Ice's resistance? On Efreet? On Drain spells? On Beguile? On shatter? On Earthquake? On Backdraft? On Supercharge? On shields? On other schools using heal spells?

No? Then why limit 1 school?


Actually, there's just a certain amount of how many shields and blades that Earthquake removes, and same with Shatter.
I don't know what game you've been playing, but on here it takes them ALL!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
Lion359 wrote:
bionaknight wrote:
darthjt wrote:
bionaknight wrote:
jakehjk3 wrote:
As I sit here typing this, I have been in a match with a life wizard who is going first. I have killed them 3 times, and with the new spell, he dies, and then gets 3800 health back right after he is dead. Did KI think that maybe this is unfair when it comes to the pvp world.?? He hasn't hit me once, yet his deck is stacked with these angel wings that lets him live everytime he dies. I mean I am a fan of life but this is wrong when he hasn't hit me once, I kill him THREE times and then his angel wings bring him back to 3800 health every single time.. His deck is stacked with this ridiculous spell.
You suggest to do what about it? I already have an idea for a fix, just needed an adjustment. Make the spell this:
Revives for 25% health upon defeat, No Crit, No Boost Applied. This would mean a flat 25% health.


Doom & Gloom, Infection, Infection Treasure, Mass Infection, all of these spells effect any healing spell, including Guardian Spirit.

The Poster, is death. He has all of these spells. He is complaining not just because life has this spell, but because he is upset about Bad Juju. I don't blame him for being upset at Bad Juju, it should be only 2 pips and be a moon spell to boot.
..........................
However, these mass complaints over life's 1 really good spell are unwarranted. These attacks have a counter, it's people's strategies that need to change to counter these new spells.

......................
I respond to your first two posts with this. We have to face facts: This spell isn't ordinary. I don't think Infect would last through the player dying. Doom and Gloom can work, but could too easily be countered with Sanctuary. Being Revived to Near-full health is something I must object to. Wild Bolt was too powerful, so it was changed. Now Guardian Spirit is tipping the balance. If it were only 25%, I would have no objections. But Full-health or Near-full health revival can't be shrugged off as "not unbalanced." I would also like to point out I have never spoken out for a Nerf. But if they could just take away few boosts that could apply, Life could still be strong with their new spell, and other Wizards would stand a good chance of being able to beat it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with Bionaknight completely on this, he's got it correct imo.
The mass complaints are valid, just as they were for Storm.
I could even complain on the new Balance spell, but I don't have too, it
doesn't work.
It't not all of the new spells that concern me, it only one of Life's that creates an unbalance in the PvP side of the game.
Yes, you are correct Darthjt, this one spell has to have a perfect Statergy to defeat it. Tell me how many players can set that up and execute it?
I'm betting not many in the game, when you take a look at a %.
Yes, can you, probably so, but can 95% of the typical players, I'll bet not.

These utility spells do change the game and stratergies, no question about it. Fire has a much quicker kill now, Myth can push the damage to others, Ice can steal heals, Storm can stop massive blade building damage, Balance can't do anything till their spells are fixed, and Death somehow got the short end of the stick again.
Triage becomes useless against Fire, and was the only hope when hit with a big DOT spell. So yeah, new ideas and deck setup becomes critical, but nothing overpowered till you hit Life.

If KI knew that the heals would be 2000 to 4000 and they kept the spell in the game, they made a mistake. I don't care what anyone says, this is just a bad idea to allow it in PvP. 25% of their health, I could live with, 100% of their health is just a waste of PvP time.

I have a life wizard that I have almost ready to go to Avalon, but
now I have no drive to get him there. This ruins it for me, I wanted gnomes to get him to Warlord in 1v1, but now I really don't care.
If I got him to Warlord before Avalon, it would mean something, now it means nothing. When the award is handed for doing nothing, it means
nothing.
Every life can now get to Warlord with no skill set at all.

I really hope this gets nerfed, or it will ruin PvP for everyone.

Joe.



Sorry, but Doom & Gloom reduces the heal aspect by 65 to 75%. There is and always has been a fight to own the enviornmental spell in PvP, this is no different, it just makes life's and death's more relavent.

Life also, does not have 100% critical, it has 1/3 (if that). The more critical boost has, the less resistance life has and this is a fact.

So, there are ways to keeping life from healing 100% or even 25%. I am not sure what you want, maybe 5% 10% or 100% heal? Kinda like Wildbolt?

No, not everyone knows the strategy to defeat this spell Joe, I grant you that. It is early, very new, people need to think, take time to revise their strategies, however, most people rush here to the message boards and flood them with multiple complaints on the same spell. I have seen this same person make 3 different posts on the exact same topic, then post on 2 other topics all stating the same exact thing. He was more upset at the fact that they made Bad Juju a waste, although I was unhappy with their decision on that, but he was more upset at that fact than he was at the Guardian Angel spell. He was jealous that Life got a good spell and death was robbed.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
387
Its not like all life wizards completed Wintertusk.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1635
bravevline wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
darthjt wrote:
People are already complaining that KI is taking what makes life, life away. Now you want to take more of what life does away? If all of these people have life mastery amulets, then use dispel life spells. Granted it might cost pips, but if they can't ever cast this spell, then they can't ever kill you or live through it.

How can you take away or limit a life spell? Has KI limited any other school? Has KI put a limit on Ice's resistance? On Efreet? On Drain spells? On Beguile? On shatter? On Earthquake? On Backdraft? On Supercharge? On shields? On other schools using heal spells?

No? Then why limit 1 school?


Actually, there's just a certain amount of how many shields and blades that Earthquake removes, and same with Shatter.
I don't know what game you've been playing, but on here it takes them ALL!


No, it was actually proven and happened to me: If you stack a lot of blades or shields, the Earthquake will only take some out.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
406
watsupdog111 wrote:
Its not like all life wizards completed Wintertusk.


Now they have a reason too, which is great for them :D but what about us? :(

Survivor
Mar 01, 2010
20
I think they should only let them use the spell twice in a battle for them self.

Ryan nightrunner legendary pyromancer

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
11
I keep reading that about "Life's one great spell"..... Really!!!!! I respect life wizards and their abilities but seriously, how many times has life changed the course of PvP with Rebirth coming and healing your entire team to full, then putting an absorb shield up. The gnome spell putting 2 life dispels on, I don't know about you but it messes with me. A critical Satyr, a well bladed Centaur.... Triage.... Come on people!!!!! I agree that Guardian Spirit is an awfully unfair spell and feel that way about most of the newer spells coming out with the launch of Avalon, Storm.... healing????? I am a pyromancer and have worked mostly on one toon for about 3 years and all of a sudden to learn that not only life but now ice and myth can take away DoTs that's almost half my arsenal and if I go second really my only choice to use. There is another post, for a Grand Master only PvP where people, like me, who experienced the good ol days of the spiral before criticals and pierce and all that stuff, could go even on a Archmage toon and be equipped with gear with out criticals and pierce and lower level cards. If anyone else supports this idea go over and check it out, its also under the PvP tab.

Survivor
Aug 02, 2010
9
i dont understand why life is always being put down in pvp i am life and usuing gaurdian spirit at times works to my advantage and doesnt the spell doesnt have to change people strategies need to change ; all i am saying is i am sick of people putting down life its just not fair why take away what he have healing dying and coming back to life is what makes LIFE wizards

Survivor
Mar 31, 2012
44
Have you guys even THOUGHT about life wizards feeling when they are reading it? I don't think you thought about us life wizards. I think its a good spell, considering that when you have a bunch of life, the other healing spells are USELESS. And plus, I need to get my PVP ranking up. I only have about 160 because I lost a lot of matches. I was 3vs3 and I whent against a Hero of Zafaria with 4032 life and two other both with 2904 heatlth. And I had one lvl 10 and 1 lvl 5 on my side and I was a lvl 27. The 1st 2904 one used blizzard, killing the 10 and 5. Because there was a iceblade and a ice trap, all of up. My health was lowered tremendous, and the next turn which there was a ice trap for me, the 4032 life cast colossus, had a critically PLUS the trap and a blade on herself, I got killed. So do you REALLY think that it would be fair? I couldn't attack. Because I was trying to heal all of us, but the other two fled and I was left alone and got killed. So, I think life should have it. KI should also add a good spell to death and balance. The other schools are fine. Some of them can simply solo the whole entire GAME. Deaths highest damage spell is only 500 and they only get 250 health. Balances last spell which I'm not sure on should higher then the damage it deals. Now. Lets say I'm a lvl 33 and on my team is one lvl 21 fire and one lvl 20 life. I have just learner cenutar and I'm going against a 33 storm, 21 death and 20 balance. I haven't learnedly the spell yet, because I still need to be higher lvl. Since these are the stats of my best friends wizard, I have contact with her on the phone. I say, you heal, and me and your brother attack. The storm wizard is telling the balance wizard, which is first, to buff and heal them a bit if they need it with the balance healing spell and saying that him or her and the death will attack. An epic battle submurges. I take the storm with strong life spells but both the death and storm were attack the fire. So I have clean and easy shots. Toward all three of them. Suddenly the balance attacks me with a treasure card and it took me out. my friends frantic, trying to heal both of us at the same time. Suddenly my friend has three pips and casts unicorn and healing me. I use a treasure card after my friends brother casts a fireblade and three fire traps and I cast Meteor Strike. I kill the enemies. Now, lets say that this is a match with only me and the balance ce wizard, which pretend to be lvl 33 like me. He kills me easily, BUT if I had Guardian Spirit I could have won. And if it was a ranked match, then I would have been in big trouble. So I don't think they should remove it. BECAUSE of boss matchs and pvp. Life wouldn't be life without this spell. But yes, I do admit that people should take away healing critical and booster ONLY IN PVP. that's all I am going to say.

Caitlin StrongTalon, adept lvl 27 theugist
Hero of Krokotopia
Dispiser of Marleybone
and soon MooShu

P.S. I wrote this in two in the morning so sorry for the spelling mistakes.

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
103
MistyWang12 wrote:
Have you guys even THOUGHT about life wizards feeling when they are reading it? I don't think you thought about us life wizards. I think its a good spell, considering that when you have a bunch of life, the other healing spells are USELESS. And plus, I need to get my PVP ranking up. I only have about 160 because I lost a lot of matches. I was 3vs3 and I whent against a Hero of Zafaria with 4032 life and two other both with 2904 heatlth. And I had one lvl 10 and 1 lvl 5 on my side and I was a lvl 27. The 1st 2904 one used blizzard, killing the 10 and 5. Because there was a iceblade and a ice trap, all of up. My health was lowered tremendous, and the next turn which there was a ice trap for me, the 4032 life cast colossus, had a critically PLUS the trap and a blade on herself, I got killed. So do you REALLY think that it would be fair? I couldn't attack. Because I was trying to heal all of us, but the other two fled and I was left alone and got killed. So, I think life should have it. KI should also add a good spell to death and balance. The other schools are fine. Some of them can simply solo the whole entire GAME. Deaths highest damage spell is only 500 and they only get 250 health. Balances last spell which I'm not sure on should higher then the damage it deals. Now. Lets say I'm a lvl 33 and on my team is one lvl 21 fire and one lvl 20 life. I have just learner cenutar and I'm going against a 33 storm, 21 death and 20 balance. I haven't learnedly the spell yet, because I still need to be higher lvl. Since these are the stats of my best friends wizard, I have contact with her on the phone. I say, you heal, and me and your brother attack. The storm wizard is telling the balance wizard, which is first, to buff and heal them a bit if they need it with the balance healing spell and saying that him or her and the death will attack. An epic battle submurges. I take the storm with strong life spells but both the death and storm were attack the fire. So I have clean and easy shots. Toward all three of them. Suddenly the balance attacks me with a treasure card and it took me out. my friends frantic, trying to heal both of us at the same time. Suddenly my friend has three pips and casts unicorn and healing me. I use a treasure card after my friends brother casts a fireblade and three fire traps and I cast Meteor Strike. I kill the enemies. Now, lets say that this is a match with only me and the balance ce wizard, which pretend to be lvl 33 like me. He kills me easily, BUT if I had Guardian Spirit I could have won. And if it was a ranked match, then I would have been in big trouble. So I don't think they should remove it. BECAUSE of boss matchs and pvp. Life wouldn't be life without this spell. But yes, I do admit that people should take away healing critical and booster ONLY IN PVP. that's all I am going to say.

Caitlin StrongTalon, adept lvl 27 theugist
Hero of Krokotopia
Dispiser of Marleybone
and soon MooShu

P.S. I wrote this in two in the morning so sorry for the spelling mistakes.


When you say, "Death highest attack spell is 500 and they only get 250 health" i started thinking, "How long has she not been on wizard101? a year? maybe 3?" Death's highest attack spell does 200 + 810 over 3 rounds and the next highest does 820 swap half to health and adds a -25 infection. Sadly, for us they have already nerfed the GS. I am ticked because the people crying in these forums were upset because they can live once more. Now it is 15% instead of 25%. 15 is a terrible heal because it is just too tiny. they can just pop the doom and gloom up and i only get 200 back. critical and i get 400 ooh yay. please have it back to 25% or reduce doom and gloom. they have overpowered it too much and now i can't win a single match thanks to the people crying about the power. This has forced me to make a deth due to the sheer madness that kingsisle has been forced and laboured to weaken all the schools before they even see their own spells and all the ways they can avoid the negatives. i agree with one person out there for ust a pure 25%. no boost no reductions but half your critical chance. 15% makes us life wizards look pathetic. AND i think that it should be limited for life only. how come life gets 15% but any other school that is willing to pour in a couple crowns can get it 20% from wands despite level or school. the power the other schools get like push, healing current, detonate, enfeeble, shatter, mass infection, supernova, mana burn, and even bad juju. Life's ONE good spell that couldn't be countered got nerfed and ALL the other schools get to keep their good spells jst because a few people lost to them in pvp. but when the next super insane dungeon comes out we can say I told you so!

Trevor Windrunner 80 life, pvp captain
Trevor Windrunner 64 death, pvp veteran

1