Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life, Rebirth, PVP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
5
I have a question about life school and pvp.

How is it fair to have pvp teams with 2 life that use rebirth every time they get 7 pips against a team with no life member.

This has happened to me over and over and over. We are attacking and killing and then here comes rebirth. It ends up the matches go for a long time because they only attack us a few times but heal themselves most of the time.

I mean this sincerely and welcome any thoughts. I am not trying to be a sore loser but it is so aggravating when the there is not a life member on each team. How come for quickjoin there couldn't be a requirement that teams be evenly matched with life on each one? (in other words, teams with life members, can only play other teams with life members.)

Thanks so much for any help on this.


Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
Is this post for real?

Yeah, and there should only be teams that have 1 of each school, otherwise, the teams are unfair. So, pvp needs to be changed to 7 slots on a team and only teams of 7 members can be formed. And only 1 school on each team.

This is the only way to make team matches fair, that or allow treasure cards and mastery amulets, oh wait, those are allowed. oops!

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
793
tunasgirl wrote:
I have a question about life school and pvp.

How is it fair to have pvp teams with 2 life that use rebirth every time they get 7 pips against a team with no life member.

This has happened to me over and over and over. We are attacking and killing and then here comes rebirth. It ends up the matches go for a long time because they only attack us a few times but heal themselves most of the time.

I mean this sincerely and welcome any thoughts. I am not trying to be a sore loser but it is so aggravating when the there is not a life member on each team. How come for quickjoin there couldn't be a requirement that teams be evenly matched with life on each one? (in other words, teams with life members, can only play other teams with life members.)

Thanks so much for any help on this.

Wow, would that be unfair to the Theurgists. Believe it or not, there are ways to counter double Rebirths, like Life Dispels. The reason they gave Rebirth to Life wizards is generally to go with their healing powers. Of course, if you'd rather them have a 2,000 damage AoE, then you could have something else to complain about.....

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
705
bionaknight wrote:
The reason they gave Rebirth to Life wizards is generally to go with their healing powers. Of course, if you'd rather them have a 2,000 damage AoE, then you could have something else to complain about.....


Oh, oh! I want both!

Let's call the new 2000 AE "Eos" (Greek) or use the ancient Proto-Indo-European origin,"Hausōso"; both mean "Goddess of the Dawn" and "Goddess of Spring". Eos is beautiful:

"In the Illiad by Homer, Eos is described as '..her saffron-coloured robe is embroidered or woven with flowers; rosy-fingered and with golden arms, she is pictured on Attic vases as a beautiful woman, crowned with a tiara or diadem and with the large white-feathered wings of a bird.' " (loosely paraphrased and remixed from the magnificent fount of wisdom, Wikipedia)

She glides across the sky, night receding before her, rosy dawn trailing behind her, stars sparkling in her hair, and the sun's rays shining from her fingers.

Her spell does 2000 Damage AoE AND heals all teammates 450. Can we get the new Life spell in a pack? We could call it the Sylvia Drake Memorial Pack.

ROFL,

Qbb/Iridian Shadowweaver, PvP wannabe

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
957
tunasgirl wrote:
I have a question about life school and pvp.

How is it fair to have pvp teams with 2 life that use rebirth every time they get 7 pips against a team with no life member.

This has happened to me over and over and over. We are attacking and killing and then here comes rebirth. It ends up the matches go for a long time because they only attack us a few times but heal themselves most of the time.

I mean this sincerely and welcome any thoughts. I am not trying to be a sore loser but it is so aggravating when the there is not a life member on each team. How come for quickjoin there couldn't be a requirement that teams be evenly matched with life on each one? (in other words, teams with life members, can only play other teams with life members.)

Thanks so much for any help on this.



Hi Tunasgirl,

We all know the feeling, Life Wizards are hard to kill in 1v1 and in every other type of PvP. The only thing I can suggest is that you carry Infection as well as your partner(s). This is the only way that I know of, to slowly bring them down into the kill zone. Or, at the right time, use Doom and Gloom right after you get in a big hit on both of them. Another option, if they are not carrying the Myth Amulet is to build up for a one hit kill. If you can use Stun spells at a good point, just before you start your final attack helps.
Sometimes, when into the battle, a few Life dispels can give them a headache, and add infection on top of that. I'm sure you get the idea, you just have to be a little crafty in the way you think. Good luck in getting those Life Wizards......

Joe.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2010
30
tunasgirl wrote:
I have a question about life school and pvp.

How is it fair to have pvp teams with 2 life that use rebirth every time they get 7 pips against a team with no life member.

This has happened to me over and over and over. We are attacking and killing and then here comes rebirth. It ends up the matches go for a long time because they only attack us a few times but heal themselves most of the time.

I mean this sincerely and welcome any thoughts. I am not trying to be a sore loser but it is so aggravating when the there is not a life member on each team. How come for quickjoin there couldn't be a requirement that teams be evenly matched with life on each one? (in other words, teams with life members, can only play other teams with life members.)

Thanks so much for any help on this.



I'm sorry if you don't think it's fair to not have my school on your team :( I really am, if you need a life wizard I'll be happy to help you.
But not many life wizards like to play pvp so if you had to wait till one joins each team you might end up waiting quite a while my friend. If you are facing two Theurgists then you might want to focus your attacks towards them.
I know it's not easy, but whenever I end up on a team with multiple life wizards I try to give the other team a chance and wait a while before I heal. I hope you can find your own unique way to over come us Theurgists ( which may take a while cause are awesome lol jk) and I wish you luck on your further duels! :D

Anthony Lifeheart
Level 51 Grandmaster Theurgist
Go Green!!!

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
441
darthjt wrote:
Is this post for real?

Yeah, and there should only be teams that have 1 of each school, otherwise, the teams are unfair. So, pvp needs to be changed to 7 slots on a team and only teams of 7 members can be formed. And only 1 school on each team.

This is the only way to make team matches fair, that or allow treasure cards and mastery amulets, oh wait, those are allowed. oops!
I agree with you. Btw for those of you struggling with 2 life, take them out at the same time. Also that 7v7 might actually make a good tournament idea darthjt. If only it were possible.