Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life doesn't "suck"

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1639
Too many people say that Life sucks. The majority of Life wizards think that. Well, just because you have a wide number of 25 levels before you get a new attack spell (Centaur to Forest Lord) doesn't mean that Life "sucks" Life is about defense you know. Life isn't supposed to be offensive in battle. The best offense is the best defense.

Here are some recommended second school spells for Life:
Tower Shield
Weakness
Glacial Shield
Volcanic Shield
Treant polymorph
Colossal
Gargantuan
Here are some main school spells recommended for Life:
Rebirth
Regenerate
Life Blade
Centaur
Spirit Armor
Guiding Light
Spirit Blade
Satyr
Fairy
Fairy Minion
Sprite
Now, here's how you should play:
1. Use about 1-3 shields
2. Summon the Fairy Minion
3. Use Guiding Light
4. Cast a Life Blade
5. Cast a Spirit Blade
6. Attack hard
7. Use Spirit Armor
8. Heal with a low heal
9. Shield a whole lot
10. Stack up boosts
11. Attack
12. repeat from 9-11
13. Follow your own strategy

I'm not saying that you have to use this strategy, but it's what I go for on my Life wizard. Spirit Armor is super helpful and same as shields. While your enemy does low damage on you, you can attack. Your minion would heal you and you could keep on fighting hard. If your opponent takes out your minion, then you should just keep on going. If you keep your defenses up really high at all times, then you'd only have to use a fairy to heal. Life can be very defensive in play and they can also heal all the damage they take. I would recommend a Guiding Light amulet and a well trained Nice Dragon pet. Also, Reshuffle never hurts.

Explorer
Nov 15, 2008
70
I agree with you. Life is strong in its own way. The reason why people say life is weak is because they see pixies,unicorns,fairies, etc. People think its a girl school, but its not. And besides healing helps so much. life is not for groups, they can work on their own remember that. I worked on marleybone with my life wizard all the way. please dont think you are the best and brag it in other peoples face.

Diana Raven Level 61 Myth
Ashley Mistdreamer Level 55 Life

Explorer
Feb 25, 2010
67
I agree with some of what you're saying, but why would you ever want to polymorph treant?

Your listed strategy is pretty similar to how my matches usually go except I try to only shield as needed based on how aggressive the other player is. I also think that having fire as a second for elves to clear tower shields helps a lot (also lets me surprise with a treasure firezilla or other high damage spell on occassion). My life pvper is currently level 43 warlord but spent most of her time at 35 and under.

I really like the balance you can find as a life wizard between defense, healing and lots of offense as soon as you are well set.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
275
I agree with you, but in my opinion the best defense is offense. Life though doesn't suck. Life is a very good school, life wizards that say life sucks are saying that because they don't understand the concept of the school of life. Life is about staying on the defensive side, letting your enemy close in on you then boom! heal. When they are weakened enough then you attack and take them out. Thanks for this thread.

Aaron Drakewalker Transcended

Explorer
Aug 14, 2011
67
joujou11cool wrote:
Too many people say that Life sucks. The majority of Life wizards think that. Well, just because you have a wide number of 25 levels before you get a new attack spell (Centaur to Forest Lord) doesn't mean that Life "sucks" Life is about defense you know. Life isn't supposed to be offensive in battle. The best offense is the best defense.

Here are some recommended second school spells for Life:
Tower Shield
Weakness
Glacial Shield
Volcanic Shield
Treant polymorph
Colossal
Gargantuan
Here are some main school spells recommended for Life:
Rebirth
Regenerate
Life Blade
Centaur
Spirit Armor
Guiding Light
Spirit Blade
Satyr
Fairy
Fairy Minion
Sprite
Now, here's how you should play:
1. Use about 1-3 shields
2. Summon the Fairy Minion
3. Use Guiding Light
4. Cast a Life Blade
5. Cast a Spirit Blade
6. Attack hard
7. Use Spirit Armor
8. Heal with a low heal
9. Shield a whole lot
10. Stack up boosts
11. Attack
12. repeat from 9-11
13. Follow your own strategy

I'm not saying that you have to use this strategy, but it's what I go for on my Life wizard. Spirit Armor is super helpful and same as shields. While your enemy does low damage on you, you can attack. Your minion would heal you and you could keep on fighting hard. If your opponent takes out your minion, then you should just keep on going. If you keep your defenses up really high at all times, then you'd only have to use a fairy to heal. Life can be very defensive in play and they can also heal all the damage they take. I would recommend a Guiding Light amulet and a well trained Nice Dragon pet. Also, Reshuffle never hurts.


Yeah, Spirit Armor is pretty good, especially against those people that use Judgement [I'm myth, and even I use Spirit Armor!]

Ever since the new lvl 68 Life spell, Gnomes!, I've seen an increase in level 70 Life Knights-Warlords (Mostly Warlords). 2 entangles can be pretty hard to handle. In fact, it's as if only Balance and Death have a fighting chance, because of Availing Hands and Sacrifice [Maybe Myth, Fire, and Ice if they really know what they are doing]

Anyway, I don't have a Life, but I bet K.I. really thought about this new spell, and it really helped Life in the long-run. With the new Life Mastery Amulets, Lifeforce Blade, and the possibility of over 100% healing boost, Life would just hit, then their opponent would heal [If they don't spam entangles by then].

Another good thing about Life is that it's as if they have unlimited health. Having the most healing spells in the game, and the most life Critical rating [meaning the most critical heals] makes a great school to train.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
575
I've seen a lvl 40 life wizard. But they are so rare. it's so rare to fight a life in arena. When I do though, it's like fighting an ever charging battery. Heal heal heal, haha. It's such a strange way to fight but it can be effective. I might wear away my opponent with minions, but life? Geez, they will exhaust you by healing.

If I may suggest something for life wizards, one thing that I saw as an interesting play was when at full pips, use that spell Regenerate, with high heal boosting gear, and you will be getting like 700+ health per turn. You can either attack with gargantuan seraph or centaur spells during those turns, leaving you with some pips left to heal again and keep regenerate going while your opponent tries unsuccessfully to bring your health down with big attacks. I can hit a life with a 1400+ orthrus, but with your health so high up in the 3000's, and using a regenerate to just heal that off, phew. It's pretty good against other spirit schools, and it can even be a great counter to a full blast heck hound if you can stand it. Over time though, you can pick away at the opponent pretty well. Just an idea...

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
107
As a life this is the deck I tend to use when facing people 1v1. This is my guide to pvp. *I am going to post this here, and make my life pvp board as well to help the people*

My Deck includes:

5 regular tower shields
4 volcanic shield
4 gargantuan shield *colossal when you get the card*
2 dryads
2 entangle
3 forest lords
3 gnomes
3-5 legend shields *maybe up to 5 depending if I use dream shields*
2 life traps
3 life blades
2-3 minions *depending on how much I think I will need her*
2 minor blessing
2 pixies
2-3 rebirths
2 sanctuary's
3-4 satyrs
4-5 triage
2 amplify
2 vengeance
0-2 dream shields
2-3 feint
2 reshuffle
3 spirit blades
0-2 spirit traps
0-2 convictions

* cards from amulets, pets, wands *
1 life blade 45%
1 satyr from my satyr pet
5 Major Torment from my wand

Well my strategy now is simple. First save up and blade up to use gnomes and entangle on your opponent. If you can get about 4 life dispels on them, you have taken their healing out of the game. I attack with gnomes when I get it, and it doesn't matter if it is weak or not. Then after you have done this use sanctuary. Your opponent can no longer heal with 4+ life dispels so this card will only benefit you, and it can clear their bubble if they use it or not. If you get forest lord in your hand save it, because that will do major damage still with blades and traps, and if the opponent summons a minion it will kill the minion.

This step could come now or earlier depending on where you get her, but summon out your minion. She will heal you and she will attack and break off life shields if the opponent has put them up. As an added bonus she will even add traps.

*be careful to learn when to add traps because sometimes she will take off traps you do not want her to, so you might not be ready with completely strong cards but attack anyway*

I keep two minor blessings in my hand because sometimes other plays are smart enough to cast an entangle on me. This card will get rid of it and not cost me any pips. Also this card will also get rid of infections that have been placed on you. I use a two pixies in my deck for the same reason, and it only costs me one power pips to do about 600-800 healing.

I have four triage in my deck in case I face myth or fire to even death to take out their dot cards that come at me. All that hard work for nothing.

I typically use amplify over vengeance and conviction. Everyone already has high critical block and the chances of it going through are slim already. I barely use conviction also because I can block just fine as it is. I only use I think the other is myth, ice, or storm. If I have amplify on my I am blade to still critical but I receive an extra 15 % on my attack. If I have 3 blades on me and 2 traps on them, even if they have a tower shield, I will still be doing a lot of damage to them.

Treasure deck includes:

14 tower shields
1-2 unstoppable
1 dryad
1-2 gnomes enchanted card
2 life pixies
3 satyrs
1 triage
3 earthquakes
4 shatters
1-2 reshuffle
0-3 fire elf's *only sometimes, but does great to take off shields*

Well I use tower shield whenever I am in danger of an attack or I do not have shields. I like to keep 1-2 tower shields or regular on me at all time. This will solve that problem.

I use 1-2 unstoppable because it gives a 15% piercing rate and makes either gnomes or forest lord past 100% and even if I have smoke screen on me, it usually works.

I keep a dryad treasure as a last ditch effort to heal when I did not draw a healing card and I am very low in health. This will save me.

I do carry gnomes as an enchantment into battle. I know that I have only 3 of them in my deck and sometimes I need more to attack with when I have used them all. Its a perfect way to surprise them.

Life pixies are extra but they do help heal me a lot. Life say if I just used gnomes and I have no pips at the end of the round and the opponent just attacked me and did a lot of damage to me, I will receive one power pips at the start of the battle. Then since I have sanctuary up and I have a chance of criticaling I can do major healing. *last battle I did 2700 with a pixie when I critical* I use another three satyrs to heal myself if I need a little bit of healing and I have the pips. Its just a comfort zone. I know I have more healing if I need it in my treasure side deck if I need to discard it out of my hand to draw more cards.

Fire elf's take off tower shields that people use. Since life does not have a dot of its own, this card helps allot. I can go second and use this card. I will wait for him to shield a couple of times, then I will use it. While my opponent if not concerned since it is weak, It will blow through their shields. I will time it right, and hope my opponent does not shield after their last tower shield if off then attempt to finish them off with gnomes or lord.

I use earthquake when I am going second. That is what I have found helps me allot! My other post will tell you what I did. Yes it does take of entangle, but its a trade off to save your life in pvp. It will remove all blades and shields from the opponent, which means any attack is useless since it will not be strong enough to kill you. *it is a lifesaver, and helps more if you have the myth amulet*

I use shatter as a way to end a long battle. Lets say I have gone though all my minions and I can't waste anymore attacks on shields protecting someone, I save up to 7 pips and use shatter, receive my 5 power pip next turn, and attack with a very strong gnomes to attempt to end the match. It usually works and well over kills them but I do not like to be cheap like that. It works really great if you go first, and can work if you go second. *if you do go second you may have wasted your pips for nothing since your opponent can shield up since they do go first. I find out if you use it after they have shielded allot it works out allot better and they are not expecting it.

Finally, I always have a reshuffle in my treasure card deck. Lets say you accidentally discarded your reshuffle in your deck. Or you were forced to in a last attempt to heal. This card comes in handy if you need your cards back in your deck to keep the fight going or so you do not run out of cards. I have always kept in my side deck and it has saved me numerous times.

Well thank you all for reading I hope it helped you. That is my guide to life pvp.

Blake NightWraith

Defender
Mar 11, 2010
139
Who lives longer? The life wizards or the people that say life is bad?
Exactly... Life doesn't suck.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
563
Some people are just "attack attack attack attack" people. I agree that it doesn't suck, I'm even a life wizard myself.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
19
Dear joujou11cool,

Thank you. Thank you so much. You are one of the few, few people that has the moxie to stand up for life. When people who dislike the school of life see a life wiz, they usually either think one of two things. Or both. I'm not psychic.

A) "Oh it's a life wizard. Unicorns. Pixies. Fairies. Angels. Weak."

OR B,

B) "Oh it's a life wizard. They cast an 8 pip spell for 500-600 damage. A storm wizard can cast an 8 pip spell for 1000 damage and it takes off 2 buffs. Weak.

As you probably picked up, both of these....eh...."Insightful" opinions end at one point based off of opinionated conjuncture. Weak.

Let's think about that. What is "Weak"? Weak is a word based entirely off of ones OWN opinions, thought, and feelings. I can see a baby who can pick up a chair and think it's incredibly strong, while someone else think that baby is weak because he can pick up that very same chair with a pinky. Point of view. Opinions. Personal thoughts. These all form what we think of as weak or strong. The strategy you gave, short and, sweet, is awesome. Thats what life is all about. Defense, DEFENSE, DEFENSE. Life is quite comparible to ice. Both rely on slowly wearing the opponent down untill they are weary of what's going on. They attacked. Oh look, heal. Try again. Attack. Heal. Attack. Heal. Make them feel like their attacks are useless, as if they have no effect on you whatsoever because of superior heals. Shields don't hurt either. Once they're getting ticked or are losing they're confidence, (and believe me, you'll be able to tell. Less stacks than usual, defenses wide open. Possibly trash talk. These are all signs.) then BAM! attack.

HARD.

You don't want to ambush them though. Try not to use attack after attack. Keep it spontanious. Have them always trying to guess when you're going to attack. Reapeat this strategy, and you've just increased you're chances of winning by about 50%. *Patience and possibly reshuffles are a viable part of this plans success.*

Any way, this post has gone on for far to long (seems to be a usual trend with me now ) but again, thank you for sticking up for life. Means a lot.

-Mason Silvergrove, Transcended Life wizard

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
125
LOL. Life does not suck. I've met some really great wizards that are life. Sure, it's got weak attacks, but the healing is amazing. I was almost dead in one battle, but all ihad to do was to cast a dryad. Then, i did a Forest lord and ... BOOM. We life wizards have our own ways of power. It's just like our teacher says: Life draws its power from the things around us.

~Emily Rainsword, life lvl 66
~Taryn Mythdreamer, myth lvl 9
~Taryn I forget last name, fire lvl 11
Cousin's chars
~Wolf Storm, storm lvl 15
~Ryan Deathmancer, death lvl 26
~Jason Skullblood, balance lvl 8

Survivor
Apr 22, 2011
4
I agree with this. For and example storm is the most powerful school, but also life is the most helpful for my opinion. They heal, wont you say that you couldn't get to higher levels without a life's help? I'm a Life myself and whenever i pvp and lose and the match would take a while other wizards would say " It would have taken shorter if you didn't heal so much." Ugh!!!? Dude, i'm life this is we life do, this is our personality! Another thing I hate is when I'm in a battle with friends, and the only thing they want me to do is heal. Life doesn't only heal you know, we also attack. Life is as important as any other school, I hope other schools know how we all life feel.

Thank You, Samuel DarkFlame

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
12
Life is awesome. There just aren't too many high rank lifes, or at least I haven't seen many. The only 2 problems I see are one, the lack of a DOT (Damage over Time) because life shields shut life down if you go second. Every other school has one except Balance, although they don't need one because Fire Elf gets rid of shields.The other is how unpredictable the minion is. It heals me when I have full health and doesn't Leprechaun when my opponent puts a shield up. I do think it's a shame that Life has to rely on Earthquake/Shatter Treasure Cards against shield spammers, but Life is most certainly a good school.

Note that this is for 1v1.

~ Michael LifeSword, PvP Captain

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
441
Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
8
Fire has the worst dis-advantage in the game when you attack withlike rain of fire people just use trainge! it is really unfair and fire is bye far the worst pvp school but it does get rid of shields the best to :)

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
441
assassinsheep wrote:
Fire has the worst dis-advantage in the game when you attack withlike rain of fire people just use trainge! it is really unfair and fire is bye far the worst pvp school but it does get rid of shields the best to :)
where do you get your information fire is the best schools in pvp because of its dot it can get rid of shields then deal damage once their defenses are low.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1639
hanable33 wrote:
assassinsheep wrote:
Fire has the worst dis-advantage in the game when you attack withlike rain of fire people just use trainge! it is really unfair and fire is bye far the worst pvp school but it does get rid of shields the best to :)
where do you get your information fire is the best schools in pvp because of its dot it can get rid of shields then deal damage once their defenses are low.


More opinions that are going to get into arguments (by other people of course). Fire isn't the best and neither is any other school, it depends on how good the player is.

Survivor
Apr 12, 2009
45
abyd100 wrote:
I agree with you. Life is strong in its own way. The reason why people say life is weak is because they see pixies,unicorns,fairies, etc. People think its a girl school, but its not. And besides healing helps so much. life is not for groups, they can work on their own remember that. I worked on marleybone with my life wizard all the way. please dont think you are the best and brag it in other peoples face.

Diana Raven Level 61 Myth
Ashley Mistdreamer Level 55 Life
Yeah we lifes have good healing but dont forget the famed forest lord and gnomes no one can make fun of us for being life after being gnomed and forest lorded lol then we use dryad on our self and BAM death to the meanie lol