Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lets Compare

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 15, 2009
Today I'm going to compare how Ice can do more damage. As many you know I'm a storm wizard and PvP Commander. Oh btw this point of view of 1v1 PvP...

Lets compare the damage for a storm that doesn't Blade on PvP.

Ok so storm has damage boost from 75% to 90% depending on the gear. Lets pick Ice, Ice has from 30% to 40% damage boost depeding on the gear.

Ice as we know they like to blade a lot... OK so they use 40% blade + 40% of gear + 35% Elemental blades + 45% treasure elemental blade = 160% damage boost.

Now do you still think storm is powerful? Why doesn't storm blade on pvp? Well the answer is simple, storm need to keep using a wand to take out storm shields or storm elf.

Oh what about supercharge? Supercharge is not helpful on pvp, anyone can use disarm.

I seen people complaining about tempest spamming, well if storm couldn't tempest spam we couldn't do any damage at all... If people storm shield spam then storm only option is to spam tempest!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
I don't understand. Your comparing a non-bladed storm gear boosts to Ice bladed boosts and gear? Blades are naturally going to improve damage. It makes sense to compare both without or with blades together.

By default, your also saying no one in 1v1 ever uses an Ice shield(s) (only storm has problems with other wizards shielding????).

Finally, if anyone can disarm Supercharge, can't they also disarm all those Ice Blades you just used as an example??

Your argument isn't making any sense to me.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Yea this doesn't make sense either. From my understanding from reading this you got to commander by criticalling players that didn't do anything and because you were storm you could blast and win. And then an ice player came along played smart got his shields up and got his blades up. While you thought because your storm you could just hit and hit until you win. You had everything the ice could do and even more.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
I hate to say this, but this is clearly one of the poorest examples I have ever seen posted.
I have seen Strom lord combos take out an ice with no problem.
Storm is still doing very well in the PvP ladders, but is no longer at the top, just like Ice is no longer doing very well at all.

Btw, I have a Level 60, Balance, Ice and Storm, and a Death on the way up.

My Strom is far better than my Ice, because of how quick my Storm can hit.
There is no other wizard that can hit as fast and as hard as a Storm. Tritan is so far better than Colossus it's not even funny. Storm with the Myth or the Life Amulet can play a super tough game of PvP.
Not true of Ice after the WinterTusk release, Ice was downgraded more than any other Wizards, far more. The Design of the new equipment took away Ice's greatest advantage and gave it to all other wizards.

But anyway, your missing all the key points. Who is in the top of the PvP ladder right now, it's not ice anymore, maybe you missed that.
Myth and Fire are the top too, take a look at the ladders.

You also missed the key point, Ice can no longer build up Blades with the Myth Amulet out. Now anyone can take the Blades out before they can even get a few up. Guess what, Strom doesnt' have to worry about Blades, as they have the hardest hitting Spells in the Game.

Plus you forgot to say that Storm can use the BalanceBlade, the Dragon Blade, and it's own Blade and Boosted Ring.
Plus you talk about Strom Elf, and you don't think that Ice uses Ice Elf, you gotta be kidding me. You think they are going to use Frostbit to take shields off, no way. Why not use Shatter (or what ever the Myth remove all shields spell is).

As Kingurz stated. this posting says nothing that means anything and makes no sense at all.

Joseph LionHunter.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
Lion359 wrote:
I hate to say this, but this is clearly one of the poorest examples I have ever seen posted.
I have seen Strom lord combos take out an ice with no problem.
Storm is still doing very well in the PvP ladders, but is no longer at the top, just like Ice is no longer doing very well at all.

Btw, I have a Level 60, Balance, Ice and Storm, and a Death on the way up.

My Strom is far better than my Ice, because of how quick my Storm can hit.
There is no other wizard that can hit as fast and as hard as a Storm. Tritan is so far better than Colossus it's not even funny. Storm with the Myth or the Life Amulet can play a super tough game of PvP.
Not true of Ice after the WinterTusk release, Ice was downgraded more than any other Wizards, far more. The Design of the new equipment took away Ice's greatest advantage and gave it to all other wizards.

But anyway, your missing all the key points. Who is in the top of the PvP ladder right now, it's not ice anymore, maybe you missed that.
Myth and Fire are the top too, take a look at the ladders.

You also missed the key point, Ice can no longer build up Blades with the Myth Amulet out. Now anyone can take the Blades out before they can even get a few up. Guess what, Strom doesnt' have to worry about Blades, as they have the hardest hitting Spells in the Game.

Plus you forgot to say that Storm can use the BalanceBlade, the Dragon Blade, and it's own Blade and Boosted Ring.
Plus you talk about Strom Elf, and you don't think that Ice uses Ice Elf, you gotta be kidding me. You think they are going to use Frostbit to take shields off, no way. Why not use Shatter (or what ever the Myth remove all shields spell is).

As Kingurz stated. this posting nothing that means anything and makes no sense at all.

Joseph LionHunter.

I'm sorry guys didn't notice I didn't post the whole thing. Ice, and other schools that have over time damage spells, which can do a lot of damage if blade correctly. Shields are no problem for ice they can be taking easy with frostbite. At that point snow angel with the huge boost from blades can do a lot of damage. As storm we don't have the same ability to blade, because using blades will be a waste of time. Now if storm had a dot spell like snow angel then we could also boost with blades, but unfortunately we don't have one.

My main point is that every other school can also do pretty descent damage, so why people still complain that storm is too strong? As have seen some other post on the message board. Sorry guys if I use Ice as example how other school have the chance of doing high damage, that is all.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Daviato posted:
"I'm sorry guys didn't notice I didn't post the whole thing. Ice, and other schools that have over time damage spells, which can do a lot of damage if blade correctly. Shields are no problem for ice they can be taking easy with frostbite. At that point snow angel with the huge boost from blades can do a lot of damage. As storm we don't have the same ability to blade, because using blades will be a waste of time. Now if storm had a dot spell like snow angel then we could also boost with blades, but unfortunately we don't have one.

My main point is that every other school can also do pretty descent damage, so why people still complain that storm is too strong? As have seen some other post on the message board. Sorry guys if I use Ice as example how other school have the chance of doing high damage, that is all."

Daviato,

True, Ice use to be able to Blade and do good damage with it's Snow Angel, but that is gone after WinterTusk. Now Ice is one of the weakest schools in PvP, in my opinion. Yes, good in PVE, but not in PVP anymore, Wintertusk has taken it's toll on ice.
You really can't give Storm a DOT spells, and if they do, they ruin the game completely. The diversity of the Wizards is what makes the game hard, complex, and so much fun. You have to take each Wizard and use what you have to find a way to beat the other wizards, who has different spells.
Give Ice a huge one big hit spell, or give Storm an AOT, and you steal the character away from those wizards.
I just saw a different post that wanted Storm to have a AOT spells. If KI gives in to requests like that, then why not give all Wizards just the same spells?

Anyway, to your main point, why would someone complain that the strongest school in the game, is too strong. Simple, Storm can hit harder and faster than any other Wizard. It can use Treasure cards to remvoe Shields and has a ton of training points in the upper levels to learn Fire Elf, etc.
I have been hit with three spells in three turns that took out my ice so fast, I couldn't believe it. Yes, Storm is clearly very powerful, and anyone not prepared for it, would complain. Storm is even stronger after WinterTusk, and I think will always be complained about.

Joe,

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Daviato wrote:
Shields are no problem for ice they can be taking easy with frostbite. At that point snow angel with the huge boost from blades can do a lot of damage.

I disagree with this statement. Frostbite is 5 pips!! Hardly a setup spell. A decent Ice wizard would not waste 5 pips to take off one or a couple of Ice Shields to setup another spell. This is especially true to follow up with an 8 pip spell!! This is not a viable strategy for an Ice wizard, unless their opponent is suffering from connection loss. Due to both spells being high pip costs, those ARE the damage spells for Ice wizards when their opponents have Ice shields. Maybe you should try using Fire Wizard examples, since they are the damage over time wizards.

Daviato wrote:
My main point is that every other school can also do pretty descent damage, so why people still complain that storm is too strong? As have seen some other post on the message board. Sorry guys if I use Ice as example how other school have the chance of doing high damage, that is all.

I understand your frustations with other's posts about storm being too strong, but they are wrong. They don't understand how to exploit Storm's weaknesses and so they come on the forums and complain, asking KI to decrease Storm's power. I seriously doubt KI will change anything about Storm. They see these posts all time for every school. Your fears are wasted. The KI staff are professionals and have worked in the gaming business for awhile. They KNOW school balancing (they did create the schools and PvP). The only reason Wild Bolt got changed was because the intended side effect (extremly low accuracy) wasn't happening anymore with all the gear and spell upgrades in following expansions (the spell fell due to time erosion, not strategy). Storm has always worked, as intended, with all their spells....including Tempest!