Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Legal win?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 30, 2013
First off, I have never done pvp before this week. I have been in three matches, lost two and one the last one. The win I am questioning because of a comment from my opponent at the end of the match, they asked how the win could be legal.

Since I have never done pvp before, I was using my regular game deck. I bladed, stunned with Storm lord, bladed again, used a boost to my siren and a the boost to my wizard, and hit with siren for the win. Did I do something wrong? If I did, please direct me to the area that explains deck building and rules for pvp. Thanks.

Explorer
Oct 22, 2009
Everything you described seems fine. Congrats on the win.

As you would find as you do more PVP. There are alot of people who complain when they lose, pay no attention to them.

There will be people who will promise to gift you if you let them win, or will report you if you don't let them win, or say they will hack your account etc.. All empty promises and threats.

Just continue to fine tune your stratgy and good luck in the PVP arena.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Ambrose Cain on Sep 12, 2014 wrote:
First off, I have never done pvp before this week. I have been in three matches, lost two and one the last one. The win I am questioning because of a comment from my opponent at the end of the match, they asked how the win could be legal.

Since I have never done pvp before, I was using my regular game deck. I bladed, stunned with Storm lord, bladed again, used a boost to my siren and a the boost to my wizard, and hit with siren for the win. Did I do something wrong? If I did, please direct me to the area that explains deck building and rules for pvp. Thanks.
This is part of the problem with pvp - opponent comments. Ignore him/her. Of course it was a legal win - there is virtually no way to cheat in this game; he/she was simply mad that you won.

As for deck setup, someone else might offer help - I do not pvp.
Rules? use the best gear/cards you can and attempt to win.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Your win was totally legal, your opponent was just a sore loser. There are many of them in PVP, get used to it.

Explorer
Sep 30, 2013
Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
One could argue that your use of AoE spells was foolish, but you certainly didn't break any rules unless you were hacking. The first rule of PvP is that there are no rules, except for no hacking.

Explorer
Sep 30, 2013
Just curious here, but do you mean 'foolish' because of pip cost or what?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Ambrose Cain on Sep 14, 2014 wrote:
Just curious here, but do you mean 'foolish' because of pip cost or what?
If you were playing 1v1, it makes more sense to use single attack spells generally. They do more damage per pip cost. Stormzilla costs 2 less pips than Storm Lord and does more damage for example.