Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Krampus is underpowered

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
Krampus is commonly used by many fires in pvp, mainly for it's black mantle side effect. But overall, krampus is weak for a fire spell. For those unfamiliar with krampus, it costs 4 pips, has 75% accuracy, deals 305-345 fire damage, and puts a -45% black mantle on your opponent. Comparing krampus to meteor strike is a prime example of why krampus is weak. Meteor strike has the same pip cost, accuracy, and deals the same amount of damage as krampus but to ALL enemies while the only thing better about krampus is its black mantle. Comparing krampus to loremaster is another good example. Loremaster has the same pip cost, more accuracy, does more damage, and has two side effects. I think krampus should either receive a second side effect or have its damage increased by at least 100 damage to balance it out.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
stormninja542 on Apr 22, 2014 wrote:
Krampus is commonly used by many fires in pvp, mainly for it's black mantle side effect. But overall, krampus is weak for a fire spell. For those unfamiliar with krampus, it costs 4 pips, has 75% accuracy, deals 305-345 fire damage, and puts a -45% black mantle on your opponent. Comparing krampus to meteor strike is a prime example of why krampus is weak. Meteor strike has the same pip cost, accuracy, and deals the same amount of damage as krampus but to ALL enemies while the only thing better about krampus is its black mantle. Comparing krampus to loremaster is another good example. Loremaster has the same pip cost, more accuracy, does more damage, and has two side effects. I think krampus should either receive a second side effect or have its damage increased by at least 100 damage to balance it out.
Yeah, I think Krampus should do the same as Loremaster or do a little more damage. Brimstone Revenant is even better and it has no side effect, so that's not a good sign.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
PvP King on Apr 23, 2014 wrote:
Yeah, I think Krampus should do the same as Loremaster or do a little more damage. Brimstone Revenant is even better and it has no side effect, so that's not a good sign.
Yea, I am guessing part of the reason I assumed loremaster was op because loremaster is a lot better than krampus and they're both spells only dropped by loremaster (for now). Simply boosting krampus' damage by 100 or giving it a second side effect like loremaster would be a satisfying change to see in krampus.