Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

kick critical out!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
when i do a pvp with my friend i always lose because of critical's. so can you please take criticals's out of the game its really annoying.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Criticals are fine because you have the abilitiy to block them with Conviction or your standard block rating. Besides there are schools that rely on critical and it wouldn't be cool to take it out.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
thorvon65 wrote:
Criticals are fine because you have the abilitiy to block them with Conviction or your standard block rating. Besides there are schools that rely on critical and it wouldn't be cool to take it out.
Very strange these schools didn't rely on criticals before. Hmm, I wonder if all this critical power has gone to their heads.

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
its fine the way it is, just level your character up to get the block. besids, when you become a grand or legend, you won't want the critical taken away from pvp. there's no way ki is going to take this seriously.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
bravevline wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:
Very strange these schools didn't rely on criticals before. Hmm, I wonder if all this critical power has gone to their heads.

Well yea fire and storm were given a big amount of critical in compensation to their gear. So it isn't fair to take it from them.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Criticals are random, which is no different then the cards that show up in your hand. This entire game is random chance, it's designed like that.
If you lose to criticals, then you need to use other spells to counter them.
Criticals will not do that much damage if you double shield, etc.
Plus, you want those criticals for PvE, and they can save you life in many battles. You may not like them when the other guys has them in PvP, but when you have them in PvP you will.

Joe.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
bravevline wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:

Hmm I think your wrong. When you get to Celestia you'd unserstand. The monsters there are strong and hard to beat. Some people die in Celestia on a regular basis. The realms before Celestia were too easy and Kingsisle didnt even think of critical then, plus a lot of schools rely on critical. The waterworks gear is really good and everyone with all the gear worked really hard on those stuff if critical was gone i did waterworks 14 times for nothing. Just get convition or critical block.

Aaron Drakewalker Level 60
Pyromancer

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
101alex101 wrote:
when i do a pvp with my friend i always lose because of critical's. so can you please take criticals's out of the game its really annoying.
i disagree with you completely because the critical is a genius idea ot should NOT be kicked out of the game since it is useful in a fight that you are losing. if you still think itshould be banned from the game, try doing ranked pvp, get to sergeant (i think) then learn conviction to get block rating so critical is fine to have in the game

blaze duskstone legendary conjurer

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Whether critical is unfair or not, I personally think its ruined the fun of high level pvp. You can get to commander+ without any strategy. Just vengeance blade and strike.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
But that is a strategy... just not a very good one. Its akin to shield, shield, minion, shield, shield at the lower levels. At least you know what they're about to do when they cast vengeance. ;)

Solstice64 wrote:
Whether critical is unfair or not, I personally think its ruined the fun of high level pvp. You can get to commander+ without any strategy. Just vengeance blade and strike.

Survivor
May 15, 2009
No, I do not think they should. They are really useful when defeating bosses. You can also resist Blocks. So deal with it. :?

Whenever I am doing PvP against other Legendaries, they get Critical alot. I usually block them due to my good Block Resistance Rating. I also have OK Critical Rating. I get a Critical every once in a while.

Cowan BlueLeaf - Legendary (Level 60) - Ice School

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
gtarhannon wrote:
But that is a strategy... just not a very good one.

Maybe not in 1v1, but in group play, its mostly about who fizzles, who criticals, and who goes first. All about chance. 1v1 is the same thing but on a smaller scale.

gtarhannon wrote:
Its akin to shield, shield, minion, shield, shield at the lower levels.

Well, I know for a fact that the strategy you stated wont work well in magus pvp. Its too easily countered with DoTs and AoEs and would never work from second. Though I don't know about other level ranges.

gtarhannon wrote:
At least you know what they're about to do when they cast vengeance.

So I can put conviction up, though I still cross my fingers that his/her critical would go through. It still remains a game of luck, it just puts the odds more in your favor.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Solstice64 wrote:
Maybe not in 1v1, but in group play, its mostly about who fizzles, who criticals, and who goes first. All about chance. 1v1 is the same thing but on a smaller scale.

There are so many out of control things in group play (such as one person controlling multiple purpose built wizards) that I rarely do anything other than 1v1 where it is much more of a fair fight. I hear what you're saying, particularly with the new waterworks gear. It used to be if they went for a critical strategy, then the wizard had little resist, but not anymore. I try to generally keep a shield or weakness up at all times, and if I see them throw on vengeance, I cast an over time healing spell to heal through it. I have more tips, but I realize this thread is more about frustration with the critical system than a quest for suggestions so I'll just leave it at that.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
thorvon65 wrote:
Besides there are schools that rely on critical

it's really not a good idea for anyone to rely on critical. No matter how good someone's critical rate is, it isn't guaranteed to happen. Those people that rely on it usually lose - both in pvp and in game.