Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Judgement in PvP (Dont judge the title)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 19, 2009
Judgement I have to say is a real nice spell, I am pretty sure. However a few days ago I was fighting with my storm grand, and a balance person used blade storm, fient, hex and balanceblade! Besides my tower and spirit armor, it still did 2800 damage, and I was wearing a vet hat and boots which made me have a %15 percent resist on everything, besides storm, which had more. Anyway I am asking:Can someone tell me how I could have stopped the judgement from doing so much damage?

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
in answer to your question, you could have used powerful blade/trap/attack combos to override their shields and inflict lots of damage. stormlord could stun. the point of it all is to make them spend their pips and turns healing so they can never cast the judgement or the boosts in the first place. weakness would power the spell down; casting treasure stealcharm or that myth spell that removes traps would power their attack down further. towershield and spiritarmor was a wise choice. don't hope to get lucky enough, but treasure or item icearmor is the bane of any powerful attack.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
danielb2k wrote:
Judgement I have to say is a real nice spell, I am pretty sure. However a few days ago I was fighting with my storm grand, and a balance person used blade storm, fient, hex and balanceblade! Besides my tower and spirit armor, it still did 2800 damage, and I was wearing a vet hat and boots which made me have a %15 percent resist on everything, besides storm, which had more. Anyway I am asking:Can someone tell me how I could have stopped the judgement from doing so much damage?

use a treasure tower which will cut the damage down to 1400 and use nightshade's chocker which will give you weakness to make the attack do even less
hope this helps
~foulsteel

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
storm has a disarm spell that most storms never use or have in their deck, with it in pvp you can take away those plus ups that balance kills you with

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
Tower for me does plenty.

Use a Tower from Ice school, then use a Tower from Treasure Card.
Then, get like a Weakness Amulet, and Treasure Weakness. It will bring it down WAY down... I have a Balance, and that is the only thing that can really stop it. Spirit Armor, isn't scary for Balance.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2009
FoxFyr wrote:
in answer to your question, you could have used powerful blade/trap/attack combos to override their shields and inflict lots of damage. stormlord could stun. the point of it all is to make them spend their pips and turns healing so they can never cast the judgement or the boosts in the first place. weakness would power the spell down; casting treasure stealcharm or that myth spell that removes traps would power their attack down further. towershield and spiritarmor was a wise choice. don't hope to get lucky enough, but treasure or item icearmor is the bane of any powerful attack.

Alright, alright that might have worked.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2009
foulsteel wrote:
danielb2k wrote:

use a treasure tower which will cut the damage down to 1400 and use nightshade's chocker which will give you weakness to make the attack do even less
hope this helps
~foulsteel

As I said, I had a tower and an spirit armor

Survivor
Sep 19, 2009
seasnake wrote:
storm has a disarm spell that most storms never use or have in their deck, with it in pvp you can take away those plus ups that balance kills you with

I decided to try that, and that is indeed very helpful! Thanks for posting.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2009
XMike551X wrote:
Tower for me does plenty.

Use a Tower from Ice school, then use a Tower from Treasure Card.
Then, get like a Weakness Amulet, and Treasure Weakness. It will bring it down WAY down... I have a Balance, and that is the only thing that can really stop it. Spirit Armor, isn't scary for Balance.

I do like how you said weakness, but as i said i arleady had a tower, and judgement doesnt use 2 tower shields at once so, the treasure tower would do a little good, but the weakness part does help, thanks for posting anyway.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2009
Overall thanks for giving tips people, I really appreciate it

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
Lol what's sad is you have to spend a lot of gold as a storm vs. a balance.

Balance is easy with not a single gold spent and I played mine to warlord at level 35.

Storm? I can barely eek out captain at level 50 and the only chance I have is to buy expensive towers and weakness?

You couldn't highlight a better case for pvp being severely broken than by posting this thread.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
hiway1999 wrote:

Balance is easy with not a single gold spent and I played mine to warlord at level 35.

Storm? I can barely eek out captain at level 50 and the only chance I have is to buy expensive towers and weakness?

You couldn't highlight a better case for pvp being severely broken than by posting this thread.

death can use the powerful attack combos to overpower shields, or just wipe them out with poison. deathshield+sacrifice=no more generic traps on you! strangle to get rid of feint. and then just peashoot from there. so much for spending gold; so much for having to spend TRAINIG POINTS.

now reiterate your statement about balance being impossible for death to defeat with a straight face. can't do it, can you?

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
FoxFyr wrote:
hiway1999 wrote:

death can use the powerful attack combos to overpower shields, or just wipe them out with poison. deathshield+sacrifice=no more generic traps on you! strangle to get rid of feint. and then just peashoot from there. so much for spending gold; so much for having to spend TRAINIG POINTS.

now reiterate your statement about balance being impossible for death to defeat with a straight face. can't do it, can you?

Reread there sparky. I said storm, not death.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
hiway1999 wrote:
FoxFyr wrote:
hiway1999 wrote:

death can use the powerful attack combos to overpower shields, or just wipe them out with poison. deathshield+sacrifice=no more generic traps on you! strangle to get rid of feint. and then just peashoot from there. so much for spending gold; so much for having to spend TRAINING POINTS.

Reread there sparky. I said storm, not death.

never said a word about death, did you? whoops. that's still a quite usable strat for death, though. anyway, storm should use powerful attacks and boosting combos to deal high amounts of damage, forcing mr./ms./mrs. sorcerer to spend pips and turns healing. oh and let's not forget to use the thermic- and stormshields for hydra and specblast.

now i'll try again: reiterate your "balance-is-impossible-for-storm" line. no lying (but then you can't say it... whoops).

ps: my username is FoxFyr not sparky. and i really hate deliberately being called the wrong name.