Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Judgement.

2
AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 09, 2010
43
judgement is my favorite spell. it's not over powered so just deal with it. plus balance is powerful not weak.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
129
Apparently these people who think balance is the toughest 1v1 school has never fought a myth.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
11
i dont think balance is that strong. i just put up a tower and a treasure tower and he wasted all of his pips. after that i put weakness and infection on him. i am fire so i put up my minion and let him deal with the shields. i was getting ready for dragon and helephan combo. when he was about to judge i put up a tower shield. then attacked then i won. if you wanna know how to beat balance check out wizard101 central pvp guides.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
14


HIyas,
I'm going to have to agree that its simply too powerful, the guy I fought tonight, in 6 rounds I was dead, he cast his shield, which I am fire, so I had to get through that, I cast my buffs and he cast 1 +30% Damage on himself and cast 1 30% on me(for him), as I was preparing my attack, and let me say he didnt cast any other damage spells AT ALL he let me do my stuff to him and I got a sense he didnt care and wasnt concerned about all that I was doing, oh and at grandmaster level I have 2300 life, I'm only missing my robe from Malistaire, but when he cast his judgement with full across the board power pips he did 3,558 damage to me...I was baffled. Im no expert at PVP but good god, that is simply too powerful. There are spells in the other schools that can get as powerful but it would take many more rounds and more buffing and preparation. So sorry to say it guys but after getting a taste of it I have to agree, and Im no noob having defeated even the most difficult battles this game has to offer(gauntlets and the like) by myself with no use of potions nor requiring much healing and NO Help from friends, I can safely say my skill level and the time I been playing is extremely high. Being that I've been around this game long enough and defeated much of what the game has to offer I take careful consideration of how to construct my decks with proper and adequate defense and FULL strategy(weakness and tower and the like). So there's my 2 cents

Jester

Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
11
Wait wait wait this guy is a storm and is saying my judgement (lvl41) is way overpowered :x hey other balance ppl it's pwning time

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
129
jester15x wrote:
HIyas,
I'm going to have to agree that its simply too powerful, the guy I fought tonight, in 6 rounds I was dead, he cast his shield, which I am fire, so I had to get through that, I cast my buffs and he cast 1 +30% Damage on himself and cast 1 30% on me(for him), as I was preparing my attack, and let me say he didnt cast any other damage spells AT ALL he let me do my stuff to him and I got a sense he didnt care and wasnt concerned about all that I was doing, oh and at grandmaster level I have 2300 life, I'm only missing my robe from Malistaire, but when he cast his judgement with full across the board power pips he did 3,558 damage to me...I was baffled. Im no expert at PVP but good god, that is simply too powerful. There are spells in the other schools that can get as powerful but it would take many more rounds and more buffing and preparation. So sorry to say it guys but after getting a taste of it I have to agree, and Im no noob having defeated even the most difficult battles this game has to offer(gauntlets and the like) by myself with no use of potions nor requiring much healing and NO Help from friends, I can safely say my skill level and the time I been playing is extremely high. Being that I've been around this game long enough and defeated much of what the game has to offer I take careful consideration of how to construct my decks with proper and adequate defense and FULL strategy(weakness and tower and the like). So there's my 2 cents

Jester


1. You're absolutely right. You are no expert in PvP.

2. Your excuse for gearing was you were "missing your Malistaire robe". That right there speaks volumes.

3. At no point did I hear you say you used weakness, tower shield, or any sort of defense.

4. You complained about his shield(s) while you have, by FAR, the cheapest and best shield-breaker in the game.

5. You justified your skill in the game by mentioned how you just rocked it in PvE.

So here's what I took from the conversation: you treated this like a PvE encounter where you just buffed yourself without any thought to what he was doing, expecting him to wait 5 rounds and then cast a heck hound or seraph.

What really happened: he buffed himself up and used judgment against someone with no weakness, no tower shield, and probably no gear resists - at which point that person comes to the boards and starts whining about how balance is OP.

Thanks for the input, kid. Back of the line.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
3
scott778 wrote:
judgement is my favorite spell. it's not over powered so just deal with it. plus balance is powerful not weak.
Ok so you said balance is not weak so why did they put judge on it if there powerful huh if you battle a guy lvl 30 or higher and you face him WITHOUT judge you would lose big time yea so balance is weak

Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
16
Judgement is a one hit wonder with or without full grand gear or armor that has an high resist. I've only beat one or two balance wizards but that is because I attacked first. I have a grand myth and going against a balance wizard isn't an easy task. No matter how many times I cleansed all the traps from myself and cast tower shields and weakness or use earthquake to break the blades, I still end up dying. I've tried equipping armor that has a high resist and I've tried playing with my full grand gear. Either way, I'm still killed by Judgement. I'm not saying to make the move weaker but at least create a shield. The only way I CAN actually kill a grand balance wizard is in 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 matches; in 1v1 I'm easily pwned. There's not strategy to beat them only luck.

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
251
QUIT COMPLAINING. Judgement is a STRATEGY. Balance uses it and adds stuff onto it and sets up traps because its strategy. Quit whining and complaining

Defender
Apr 03, 2010
117
Exactly, look at death. The only school in the game that can do decent amounts of damage and heal at the same time. (Yes, I am looking at you, link.)

Just because deaths damage is weak, does not mean it is automatically bad. In my opinion, death is actually a great school for pvp. But anyways, how many rounds does it take to get a wild bolt? ZERO. How many rounds does it take to get a successful judgement? At least FIVE. In those five rounds, the storm can do up to 5000 base damage. In those Five rounds, Balance can do up to 1400 base damage... Guessing that they get a power pip 100% of the time.

Survivor
May 09, 2010
43
stompkiller1, you might think judgement is overpowered, but get this. NO ONE CARES! this discussion ended months ago. and balance is not weak. we have everything. shields, debuffs,blades, we incorporate the other schools, and we are great in group play but also great in one versus one. you might think storm is all that, but you don't have good health, your blade isn't as good, and you almost never hit. so yeah, i'm pretty sure balance is better.

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
63
musicmaster801 wrote:
ok, let us hear how "great" judgement is.
i talked to a balance today. they said if you had it, you would like it.
ok, great, give me my own "judgement" that only can be shielded by weakness and tower.
today, i was in a match against a balance. i was all set up, i had the 30% weakness and the 25% weakness on the balance, and a tower shield. they used judgement with all of their boost on. dead. i was dead. in one hit.
ok, i did what people said, i used weakness and tower, only shields from balance.
i lost.
i cant 1v1, i cant 3v3, i cant 4v4, and i can never find a partner who wants to do 2v2.
how am i suppose to rank?
when its not a balance, its a person with full gear.
um... KI? how am i expected to get to warlord being a storm?
make a balance shield. that is the least i ask of you.
balance, -80% to all balance spells.
or, make bolt have 85% chance, and see the people complain about that.
balance say judgement is the only way they have to win, their only strong spell.
first, i know balance that refuse to use judgement, and yet, they reached warlord.
second, dont complain about weak spells, because look at death! has about same health as balance, and NO STRONG SPELLS. only reason i got to warlord on my death is because i did have enough health to last through a judgement. now, i dont.
i have gotten use to not being on defense, being on the offense.
forget this, i give up on pvp and the game until they fix this judgement problem. to me, its worse than chain stunning, because chain stunning you HAD a chance, now, i have no chance. THAT is cheating, not chain stunning. you fixed chain stunning, which wasnt a problem, just people complained about it, although not as much as judgement, and now, i want you to fix judgement. chain stunning has a shield from it sort of, bolting has MANY shields from it, now make a shield for something stronger than bolt. if you took a poll, there would be more balance warlords out there than any other school. isnt that saying something?
.......................................................................................................................................... lets see here, was it a gear gear or arena gear? ok so ill do the math, ( i bet he used the robe judge) ok here 1750 base hit, 14 pips, the judge should do around 8000 with the robe with feint, ok so unless you have bad health or something it would do 2100 with every thing the boost give with tower and weakness, your just mad that u lost XD

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
399
seasnake wrote:
I disagree with the 1v1 power of judgement for balance school that is supposed to be a middle of the road type school, I'm just not seeing its devestation in 3v3 and 4v4 matches.


so what you're saying is, a good balance player who strategically uses spells can epically own someone in 1v1, and that same spell is really bad in 3v3 and 4v4, and you say that's op. it takes a good player to use it well, it's bad with multiple enemies, and it's op. wow. and you're STORM, the school of i-can-deal-almost-150-damage-with-one-pip-and-1000-with-two. the school that can own any number of small fry (or medium fry, or those on the small side of large fry) with one spell (tempest) no wait, two spells (stormlord).

i think i'll direct readers to my post in the pvp category titled "once and for all" so we can all know how to beat a sorcerer if we don't already.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
399
musicmaster801 wrote:
ok, let us hear how "great" judgement is.
i talked to a balance today. they said if you had it, you would like it.
ok, great, give me my own "judgement" that only can be shielded by weakness and tower.


As well as SpiritArmor, IceArmor, and... did I mention the fragile nature of the Blade and Trap setup?

today, i was in a match against a balance. i was all set up, i had the 30% weakness and the 25% weakness on the balance, and a tower shield. they used judgement with all of their boost on. dead. i was dead. in one hit.
ok, i did what people said, i used weakness and tower, only shields from balance.
i lost.


That combo deals about 1250 Damage. Losing because of that, in one hit no less, means one thing and only one thing: you are at a relatively low level with relatively bad gear.
i cant 1v1, i cant 3v3, i cant 4v4, and i can never find a partner who wants to do 2v2.
how am i suppose to rank?


Easily. It's this quite exotic, rare, and mystifying thing called "a good strategy."

when its not a balance, its a person with full gear.
um... KI? how am i expected to get to warlord being a storm?


See above.

make a balance shield. that is the least i ask of you.
balance, -80% to all balance spells.


Add a Balance-only Blade, a Balance-only Trap, a Prism that Sorcerers actually get, and a Dispell, and we may be in business. Until then, KingsIsle probably (hopefully) disapproves of this nerf.

or, make bolt have 85% chance, and see the people complain about that.

The diference between 1000-Damage WildBolt and 1000-Damage Judgement is eight Pips. That's more than will fit in your Duel Sigil.

balance say judgement is the only way they have to win, their only strong spell.
first, i know balance that refuse to use judgement, and yet, they reached warlord.
second, dont complain about weak spells, because look at death! has about same health as balance, and NO STRONG SPELLS. only reason i got to warlord on my death is because i did have enough health to last through a judgement. now, i dont.


Death actually has School-specific Boosts (the strongest in the game, tied with Ice and Life), not to mention the mighty Feint. As for your no-Judgement Balance Warlords, well... let's just say that there are also no-WildBolt Diviner Warlords, no-IceArmor Ice Warlords (probably due to Pip cost), and... you get the idea.

i have gotten use to not being on defense, being on the offense.

That right there speaks volumes. Adjust your strategy for a mix of offense and defense, and there you go.

forget this, i give up on pvp and the game until they fix this judgement problem. to me, its worse than chain stunning, because chain stunning you HAD a chance, now, i have no chance. THAT is cheating, not chain stunning. you fixed chain stunning, which wasnt a problem, just people complained about it, although not as much as judgement, and now, i want you to fix judgement. chain stunning has a shield from it sort of, bolting has MANY shields from it, now make a shield for something stronger than bolt.

Look, you literally have got it all wrong. CHAIN STUNNING was the strategy that gave little chance of deflection, not Judgement (neither, by the way, can be sustained by the players for any extended amount of time).

if you took a poll, there would be more balance warlords out there than any other school. isnt that saying something?

Yes, it's saying that there are more Balance Wizards in PvP in general, and that those players are better at strategy.

The plethora of English faux pas notwithstanding, this is a solid wall of nothing you've posted here.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
403
musicmaster801 wrote:
ok, let us hear how "great" judgement is.
i talked to a balance today. they said if you had it, you would like it.
ok, great, give me my own "judgement" that only can be shielded by weakness and tower.
today, i was in a match against a balance. i was all set up, i had the 30% weakness and the 25% weakness on the balance, and a tower shield. they used judgement with all of their boost on. dead. i was dead. in one hit.
ok, i did what people said, i used weakness and tower, only shields from balance.
i lost.
i cant 1v1, i cant 3v3, i cant 4v4, and i can never find a partner who wants to do 2v2.
how am i suppose to rank?
when its not a balance, its a person with full gear.
um... KI? how am i expected to get to warlord being a storm?
make a balance shield. that is the least i ask of you.
balance, -80% to all balance spells.
or, make bolt have 85% chance, and see the people complain about that.
balance say judgement is the only way they have to win, their only strong spell.
first, i know balance that refuse to use judgement, and yet, they reached warlord.
second, dont complain about weak spells, because look at death! has about same health as balance, and NO STRONG SPELLS. only reason i got to warlord on my death is because i did have enough health to last through a judgement. now, i dont.
i have gotten use to not being on defense, being on the offense.
forget this, i give up on pvp and the game until they fix this judgement problem. to me, its worse than chain stunning, because chain stunning you HAD a chance, now, i have no chance. THAT is cheating, not chain stunning. you fixed chain stunning, which wasnt a problem, just people complained about it, although not as much as judgement, and now, i want you to fix judgement. chain stunning has a shield from it sort of, bolting has MANY shields from it, now make a shield for something stronger than bolt. if you took a poll, there would be more balance warlords out there than any other school. isnt that saying something?


Look nothing will CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So quit whining!!!!!!!!!!!1

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
403
Firefrog16 wrote:
seriously, another topic on judgement being unfair again, make a strategy not just put a bunch of cards in front.


Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
203
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
musicmaster801 wrote:
ok, let us hear how "great" judgement is.
i talked to a balance today. they said if you had it, you would like it.
ok, great, give me my own "judgement" that only can be shielded by weakness and tower.
today, i was in a match against a balance. i was all set up, i had the 30% weakness and the 25% weakness on the balance, and a tower shield. they used judgement with all of their boost on. dead. i was dead. in one hit.
ok, i did what people said, i used weakness and tower, only shields from balance.
i lost.
i cant 1v1, i cant 3v3, i cant 4v4, and i can never find a partner who wants to do 2v2.
how am i suppose to rank?
when its not a balance, its a person with full gear.
um... KI? how am i expected to get to warlord being a storm?
make a balance shield. that is the least i ask of you.
balance, -80% to all balance spells.
or, make bolt have 85% chance, and see the people complain about that.
balance say judgement is the only way they have to win, their only strong spell.
first, i know balance that refuse to use judgement, and yet, they reached warlord.
second, dont complain about weak spells, because look at death! has about same health as balance, and NO STRONG SPELLS. only reason i got to warlord on my death is because i did have enough health to last through a judgement. now, i dont.
i have gotten use to not being on defense, being on the offense.
forget this, i give up on pvp and the game until they fix this judgement problem. to me, its worse than chain stunning, because chain stunning you HAD a chance, now, i have no chance. THAT is cheating, not chain stunning. you fixed chain stunning, which wasnt a problem, just people complained about it, although not as much as judgement, and now, i want you to fix judgement. chain stunning has a shield from it sort of, bolting has MANY shields from it, now make a shield for something stronger than bolt. if you took a poll, there would be more balance warlords out there than any other school. isnt that saying something?


Look nothing will CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So quit whining!!!!!!!!!!!1


yes take jdgement out if they can try to take out bolt take that spell out too and stunning too all stun spells.

Survivor
May 09, 2010
43


yes take jdgement out if they can try to take out bolt take that spell out too and stunning too all stun spells.

judgement is not cheating. i would say something much different if this wasn't moderated. i'm already having a bad day, SO STOP COMPLAINING.

How am I supposed to reach warlord being a storm?
There are many guides. READ THEM

Heck Hound does 120 damage per pip, while balance does 100 per pip. do you get it or do i need to explain numbers to you!!!? Tempest does just 20 less to EVERYONE.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
399
yukeelemental wrote:
Judgement is a one hit wonder with or without full grand gear or armor that has an high resist. I've only beat one or two balance wizards but that is because I attacked first. I have a grand myth and going against a balance wizard isn't an easy task. No matter how many times I cleansed all the traps from myself and cast tower shields and weakness or use earthquake to break the blades, I still end up dying. I've tried equipping armor that has a high resist and I've tried playing with my full grand gear. Either way, I'm still killed by Judgement. I'm not saying to make the move weaker but at least create a shield. The only way I CAN actually kill a grand balance wizard is in 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 matches; in 1v1 I'm easily pwned. There's not strategy to beat them only luck.


Ummmmmm.... get a decent strategy. Myth has one of the easiest times against Sorcerers; can you guess why? Two words: Ward removal. Take off their Shields, Take off Traps on you, wipe out their defense and weaken thier offense substantially with EarthQuake. Summon Minions to assist in the boosting and Shield-breaking.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
20
A balance shield would only fix judgement and maybe Ra. Hydra and spectral blast are the other spells balance might use but an elemental shield fixes that. So really, another shield just for Judgement and maybe Ra.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
589
musicmaster801 wrote:
ok, let us hear how "great" judgement is.
i talked to a balance today. they said if you had it, you would like it.
ok, great, give me my own "judgement" that only can be shielded by weakness and tower.
today, i was in a match against a balance. i was all set up, i had the 30% weakness and the 25% weakness on the balance, and a tower shield. they used judgement with all of their boost on. dead. i was dead. in one hit.
ok, i did what people said, i used weakness and tower, only shields from balance.
i lost.
i cant 1v1, i cant 3v3, i cant 4v4, and i can never find a partner who wants to do 2v2.
how am i suppose to rank?
when its not a balance, its a person with full gear.
um... KI? how am i expected to get to warlord being a storm?
make a balance shield. that is the least i ask of you.
balance, -80% to all balance spells.
or, make bolt have 85% chance, and see the people complain about that.
balance say judgement is the only way they have to win, their only strong spell.
first, i know balance that refuse to use judgement, and yet, they reached warlord.
second, dont complain about weak spells, because look at death! has about same health as balance, and NO STRONG SPELLS. only reason i got to warlord on my death is because i did have enough health to last through a judgement. now, i dont.
i have gotten use to not being on defense, being on the offense.
forget this, i give up on pvp and the game until they fix this judgement problem. to me, its worse than chain stunning, because chain stunning you HAD a chance, now, i have no chance. THAT is cheating, not chain stunning. you fixed chain stunning, which wasnt a problem, just people complained about it, although not as much as judgement, and now, i want you to fix judgement. chain stunning has a shield from it sort of, bolting has MANY shields from it, now make a shield for something stronger than bolt. if you took a poll, there would be more balance warlords out there than any other school. isnt that saying something?


ok i'm gonna say this as nice as i can. thats one of the most stupid spell idead ever. i tried to say it as nice as i could. without judge balance would be nothing.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
589
seasnake wrote:
a school that is supposed to be a middle of the road on everything school should not have ever been given the highest 1v1 attack in the game, balance has all sorts of things going for it and the damage of judgement is totally unfair when it can't be dispelled, shielded against, or otherwise stopped from one hit killing


Seasnake im tried of you the most. all you do is complain bout judge and try to make storm even more pwerful. If is see one more complain from you im gonna flip!!!!!!!!!!

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
589
akifoniq99 wrote:
bqsto wrote:
alright you think balance is to strong then make a balance and see if it's overpowerd.

coyle ghost hammer level 42 master necromancer
luke sky walker level 14 initiat balance

i know they not so strong when they not level 28 and are not very good when they are not in the arena. but if balance are in the arena and they are higher then level 28, they are just so strong. they are too good. they pretty much always win. you guys are best at 1v1 anywhere and if your level 28 or over. the best time to get to warlord without losing to judgment noobs is when you are level five. everything is very fair when you are. no over powered spells. just you. so it is very even chance of who gonna win.


o yea my balance is like an under rated private with the rank of under 300 or something!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
Feb 05, 2009
19
I must admit i beat balance all the time 8) For all u balance students.But am a lvl 46 pyromancer a killier one at that. right now am a sergant from killing balance. do the simple think look up ways to fight em but i didnt its important to take them down nice a quick make sure to spells to make they hit extra hard like Wyldfire i would throw in some of ur minions too to take em down. and one more thing keep ur about 4 pips when battling them but i have about a 70% power pip chance so..everytime its my turn its a power pip turn. if that doesnt work then use... Black mantle amulet it does 55- acc so if u have any more questions post back on THIS post.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2009
19
Bring it on! i beat any balance student EVER MADE! My names Wolf Redflame COME LOOKIN FOR A FIGHT!!!

2