Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jade Gear Warlord Gear and all that jazz

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jan 23, 2009
412
I can not tell you how dumb it is to hear people complain about Jade Gear.

I have it and it get up to 71 and then I use shields and people call me a turtle noob or whatever other rude insult they can think of.

But lets be completely honest I wouldn't really need 70% if Storm and Fire weren't complete powerhouses. Seriously these guys have up to 90% damage and 250% in critical chance. They rarely have any resist but they don't have to they just hit you over and over with colossal versions of their already overpowered spells.

Then to add insult to injury they use Treasure Cards to protect and heal. For example Guardian Spirit is an annoying spell when life uses it. But its completely unfair for storm to use it and this is all the time. I don't complain. I just use turtle to survive while you use all your TCs removing my shields and traps until you RUN OUT then I can beat you. That is a strategy does it always work? NO but its not my only style. But I am tired of everyone acting like its a noob style. Its total defense and no more noobish than stacking your deck with a million TC that have nothing to do with your school.

What is the alternative. Stand there and be killed while you use one blade 90% damage and a 1500 spell. That is just being silly. You can beat jade I have been beaten with jade on. Just stop pretending that when you lose its because you were the only "real" player. Because that is utter nonsense. Because most of the gear I see is purchased and not dropped. Since waterworks gear is old news, people BUY gear if you choose to buy gear that only makes your spells go boom expect other will seek shelter in their gear. So more power to the turtle! Remember silly rabbits the turtle slowly but surely won the race.

Oh and one last thing if I beat you and you call me a noob what on Earth do you think that makes you? The answer: The loser who lost to a noob. So insult me with sense.

Just my two (or 5) cents.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
953
Elder,

The game was much better without Jade Gear, imo, and I think that's why so many complain about it.

I talked to a Warlord today, and asked, "Do you think that the second Arc of PvP is that much harder?".
The reply was, "Yes, because of all the jade noobs, there too many of them".

Can a Jade PvP'er be beat, yes, but the problem is it takes a lot of time. Hours to set up your
deck to take them down. All a Jade person has to do is stack, shatter and hit, because it's easy
for them to stay alive.
It's just extremely unfair, bottom line, unfair for all other players that aren't adults with
plenty of money to buy packs. All of us don't have tons of money, some of us have no money, some
of us have just summer jobs and need to save for college.

It's really the adults that have ruined this game, with overspending on every new thing that comes out.
They are to blame more than anyone else....that is why Tournaments are not for Gold..
So you sit and write a post cause we don't like jade noobs, and you wonder why... yeah, like why.
Why is it that all the other games I play don't offer anywhere near the crown stuff that W101 does?
Adults are the real problem...... not KI.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
865
Veracity8 on Jul 5, 2013 wrote:
Elder,

The game was much better without Jade Gear, imo, and I think that's why so many complain about it.

I talked to a Warlord today, and asked, "Do you think that the second Arc of PvP is that much harder?".
The reply was, "Yes, because of all the jade noobs, there too many of them".

Can a Jade PvP'er be beat, yes, but the problem is it takes a lot of time. Hours to set up your
deck to take them down. All a Jade person has to do is stack, shatter and hit, because it's easy
for them to stay alive.
It's just extremely unfair, bottom line, unfair for all other players that aren't adults with
plenty of money to buy packs. All of us don't have tons of money, some of us have no money, some
of us have just summer jobs and need to save for college.

It's really the adults that have ruined this game, with overspending on every new thing that comes out.
They are to blame more than anyone else....that is why Tournaments are not for Gold..
So you sit and write a post cause we don't like jade noobs, and you wonder why... yeah, like why.
Why is it that all the other games I play don't offer anywhere near the crown stuff that W101 does?
Adults are the real problem...... not KI.
I agree with everything here.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
If you have ever faced someone with jade gear, you would not be saying this. They can just guardian spirit, heal, earth, and shield spam to get you out of cards. Your best attacks can be healed off for 4 pips. If you manage to kill them, guardian spirit brings them back. Also, storm and fire are not overpowered. You could easily OHKO them if you used damage gear instead of jade gear. Fire and storm do high damage because they cannot heal with their school (excluding link and power link because they are weak heals) and not much resist or healing boost. Jade will not really help much with this, since they can still do decent damage through it and you cannot damage them back. (and fire can efreet spam) They will probably eventually kill you. Also, most of the gear that gives 90% damage stats and high critical can be farmed for/crafted. There are a few items, such as wands, that by far, the best are bought in the crowns shop. Jade gear is unfair, not storm and fire gear. They are just using the advantages that their schools get.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
35
Only problems i see with jade gear include

1.pets heal you for both your heal boosts instead of just your incoming 1k health back for just a wand hit is one of the funniest things i have seen in this game.

2.it gives health along with its large resist.

3.other schools having access to guardian spirit from a certain wand should only be available to period.

Hero
Dec 16, 2009
772
Elder Wizard Sojo on Jul 5, 2013 wrote:
I can not tell you how dumb it is to hear people complain about Jade Gear.

I have it and it get up to 71 and then I use shields and people call me a turtle noob or whatever other rude insult they can think of.

But lets be completely honest I wouldn't really need 70% if Storm and Fire weren't complete powerhouses. Seriously these guys have up to 90% damage and 250% in critical chance. They rarely have any resist but they don't have to they just hit you over and over with colossal versions of their already overpowered spells.

Then to add insult to injury they use Treasure Cards to protect and heal. For example Guardian Spirit is an annoying spell when life uses it. But its completely unfair for storm to use it and this is all the time. I don't complain. I just use turtle to survive while you use all your TCs removing my shields and traps until you RUN OUT then I can beat you. That is a strategy does it always work? NO but its not my only style. But I am tired of everyone acting like its a noob style. Its total defense and no more noobish than stacking your deck with a million TC that have nothing to do with your school.

What is the alternative. Stand there and be killed while you use one blade 90% damage and a 1500 spell. That is just being silly. You can beat jade I have been beaten with jade on. Just stop pretending that when you lose its because you were the only "real" player. Because that is utter nonsense. Because most of the gear I see is purchased and not dropped. Since waterworks gear is old news, people BUY gear if you choose to buy gear that only makes your spells go boom expect other will seek shelter in their gear. So more power to the turtle! Remember silly rabbits the turtle slowly but surely won the race.

Oh and one last thing if I beat you and you call me a noob what on Earth do you think that makes you? The answer: The loser who lost to a noob. So insult me with sense.

Just my two (or 5) cents.
I often wonder if those saying that fire and storm gear necessitates the use of jade have a basic understanding of math and how it works. You state that you need 71% resist to defeat 90% damage boost? It takes a mere 48% resist to reduce a 90% attack boost to below base damage. A 90% attack boost against a 71% resist is doing 45% below base damage of that spell. A 250 critical rating is in the 40-45% range, jade gear gives enough block that that kind of critical will never be unblocked. Stating you need jade gear to compete against storm and fire is utterly ridiculous. That is similar to me saying I need 4900% attack boost because some ices have 98% storm resist(yes that's the amount of boost you need to neutralize 98% resist). But let us pretend for a second that your arguments about fire and storm had some merit. What about the other 5 schools of the spiral? Jade gear gives universal resist and those schools do not naturally have the "OP" damage capabilities that you tout as necessitating jade gear. That being said, no duelist (jade gear or otherwise) deserves to be insulted in the arena. If your opponents are making comments that go against the TOU then report them as such. Finally I don't blame the players for jade gear, it is natural for PvP players to want to gain the greatest advantage possible regardless of how unfair it is to their opponents. I place the blame firmly on KI and it's developers who had the lack of foresight to realize that damage relative to resist follows a logarithmic scale and that resist will continue to become an overpowering stat until fixed or limited. The armor pierce system(in it's current implementation) is like using a sackcloth to patch a hole in the Hoover Dam. Not only can the pierce be covered by a shield/aura and thus rendered mostly ineffective but the fact that it is universal will lead to problems down the line. If piercing gear is designed to deal with jade gear lvl resist; how will low health, low resist schools like storm compete when their already miniscule resist is being completely overwritten by pierce that is designed to counter some of jade/ice gear resist? KI really needs to look at their system and unless they can devise a way to effectively implement armor pierce without hindering regular gear, a NERF(not just to jade gear but to the overall resist system) is in order.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
412
Aaron SpellThief on Jul 6, 2013 wrote:
If you have ever faced someone with jade gear, you would not be saying this. They can just guardian spirit, heal, earth, and shield spam to get you out of cards. Your best attacks can be healed off for 4 pips. If you manage to kill them, guardian spirit brings them back. Also, storm and fire are not overpowered. You could easily OHKO them if you used damage gear instead of jade gear. Fire and storm do high damage because they cannot heal with their school (excluding link and power link because they are weak heals) and not much resist or healing boost. Jade will not really help much with this, since they can still do decent damage through it and you cannot damage them back. (and fire can efreet spam) They will probably eventually kill you. Also, most of the gear that gives 90% damage stats and high critical can be farmed for/crafted. There are a few items, such as wands, that by far, the best are bought in the crowns shop. Jade gear is unfair, not storm and fire gear. They are just using the advantages that their schools get.
I think you are missing my point. I agree that all the gear is overpowered but that jade gear gets a bad rap. I have played people with the gear it helps them a lot but like they too lose. Jade gear is specifically for Fire and Storm both of whom have high damage spells at without great pip cost. They both tend to have little resist that they give up in return massive damage and critical chance.

Jade is not particularly helpful or necessary with other schools. I have jade gear and I use it. Like I said I use it to outlast my opposition's barrage of TCs I mean really I say if you want to get rid of Jade then get rid of Guardian Spirit. Its cool when I am fighting life but honestly I hate killing someone over and over and hoping I can kill them again BEFORE they find another get out of the grave spells (for free)

Its just plain and simply unfair. I think people are blaming Jade gear but in reality the games are long because no one wants to lose so they spend all day reshuffling their decks in hopes of the combo that will kill your enemy. All the new spells that remove massive blades or traps well I am not gonna say I hate it but it makes things longer.

All I want is to make it to warlord (which was easier before because there were less talented pvp'rs) but to do this one must ignore the packs that dog you from the rafts and the cheaters that if they like you will tell all they can about your challenger. (BTW can you all stop that its just cheating)

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
953
So, Elder,

In your last posting to Aaron, let me see if I understand what you are saying....
You have to have Jade Gear, cause that is the only way to make it to Warlord...right?
You don't want others to cheat, but you got Jade gear and use it, knowing you can
get to Warlord with it.... is that about it. The title of Warlord seems important enough,
so that you are using any way you can, to gain the title.... right?

So, you are taking the cheap route to Warlord, just like all the Puppet teams did... yeah?
So what does the title mean when you get there..... would I consider you equal to a
Warlord that didn't use Jade,,...... NO, not a chance.

Is a Jade Turtle a good player, in most cases no they are not. They all use the same
basic strategy, max reshuffles, and mega healing.... not hard to tell in the first round with one.
A Jade Turtle Warlord should be given zero respect,,,, and if I lose to one, I will not say GG.
Why, cause they don't deserve my respect, to any degree....

I will never use Jade, I will not allow myself to stoop to that level, I will go in as
a warrior and win or lose as a warrior, not a Jade Turtle..... with Guardian Spirit.

If I never make it to Warlord, then "So be it", I will never have the title, but I do what I
do with Honor and Pride.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
412
Veracity8 on Jul 8, 2013 wrote:
So, Elder,

In your last posting to Aaron, let me see if I understand what you are saying....
You have to have Jade Gear, cause that is the only way to make it to Warlord...right?
You don't want others to cheat, but you got Jade gear and use it, knowing you can
get to Warlord with it.... is that about it. The title of Warlord seems important enough,
so that you are using any way you can, to gain the title.... right?

So, you are taking the cheap route to Warlord, just like all the Puppet teams did... yeah?
So what does the title mean when you get there..... would I consider you equal to a
Warlord that didn't use Jade,,...... NO, not a chance.

Is a Jade Turtle a good player, in most cases no they are not. They all use the same
basic strategy, max reshuffles, and mega healing.... not hard to tell in the first round with one.
A Jade Turtle Warlord should be given zero respect,,,, and if I lose to one, I will not say GG.
Why, cause they don't deserve my respect, to any degree....

I will never use Jade, I will not allow myself to stoop to that level, I will go in as
a warrior and win or lose as a warrior, not a Jade Turtle..... with Guardian Spirit.

If I never make it to Warlord, then "So be it", I will never have the title, but I do what I
do with Honor and Pride.
I don't think I said its the only way to make warlord because I only made warlord once with life. But it is the only way to combat major hits like storm. Come on be real they have 90% damage and critical chance can be in the low hundreds, and then the spells are 1300 without a blade or trap they are hitting hard and the only real problem with storm is that it fizzled a lot but the higher you level you can fix that too and you can add defense. So you can basically hit me at every round and kill me in 5 rounds tops without a high resist. But not one complains about that no you complain that I CAN defend myself simply because I had to pay for it. But the truth is most of the gear I see in pvp isn't dropped. So I wish people would stop fronting.

Its normally hoard gear or crown OR crafted (which is the same is buying it) so what adults have more money we earn it. And if you did you would do the same and all of you who can afford BUY it. So can we all get off our high horse. I have been beaten IN jade gear so it can be done. However it balances out being pounded.

If you want to make it so that you can only wear this one outfit then cool lets do that this way our gear will be exactly the same and with all the bells and whistles gone you are left to skill. And I mean skill not a side deck filled with tc from other schools (still a cheat) but you all know that you aren't THAT good most of you complaining are the same ones who run in packs looking for a team to balance you out.

Every time something doesn't favor you, you don't have to complain.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
865
Elder Wizard Sojo on Jul 12, 2013 wrote:
I don't think I said its the only way to make warlord because I only made warlord once with life. But it is the only way to combat major hits like storm. Come on be real they have 90% damage and critical chance can be in the low hundreds, and then the spells are 1300 without a blade or trap they are hitting hard and the only real problem with storm is that it fizzled a lot but the higher you level you can fix that too and you can add defense. So you can basically hit me at every round and kill me in 5 rounds tops without a high resist. But not one complains about that no you complain that I CAN defend myself simply because I had to pay for it. But the truth is most of the gear I see in pvp isn't dropped. So I wish people would stop fronting.

Its normally hoard gear or crown OR crafted (which is the same is buying it) so what adults have more money we earn it. And if you did you would do the same and all of you who can afford BUY it. So can we all get off our high horse. I have been beaten IN jade gear so it can be done. However it balances out being pounded.

If you want to make it so that you can only wear this one outfit then cool lets do that this way our gear will be exactly the same and with all the bells and whistles gone you are left to skill. And I mean skill not a side deck filled with tc from other schools (still a cheat) but you all know that you aren't THAT good most of you complaining are the same ones who run in packs looking for a team to balance you out.

Every time something doesn't favor you, you don't have to complain.
Wrong. There are many different ways to counter attack boost other than jade gear. Storm dispel, storm shields, etc. Storm also hits barely anything on a person with jade gear without piercing either. And another thing. Jade gear and turtling takes no effort whatsoever to do. And also, storm has low health and bad resist, which is their weakness. So again, it takes absolutely no effort to spam heals and turtle with jade gear which is why people complain.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
953
Elder,

I respectfully disagree with you, there is nothing fair at all about the Jade Gear. The Resist to Heal ratio of Jade is way out of bounds with all other gear. You talk about Storm having 90 Percent hit, but they lose almost all critical block and have low resist when they do that. I know, I have a Level 90 storm with crafted gear. No crown gear, btw, and it's even hard for me to damage Jade Gear users, because I cannot get a Critical in. Jade gear gives excellent Critical block and healing.....

Fire has the same issue, the only way they can damage Jade or Ice is to Blade and trap. Almost every Jade player I have gone up against, uses the Myth amulet and quake. If you cannot Blade, a Jade becomes almost impossible to kill. Add to this, they like to keep up the Life Aura and heal constantly, and keep in max number of reshuffles with TC's. This is a turtle that just sits there and stays alive, and normally does few attacks.

Today I watched a Balance, a very good Balance at level 90 finally flee against a Jade. The Jade Ice just kept alive, and used counter spells to stay alive. At one time, the balance had the Ice down to 400 life, but didn't have the pips to do the amount of damage need to put her away. That is the key, you have to have extremely high damage to take out a Jade. Balance is at more of a disadvantage than any other player against a Jade. There is no skill in staying alive in Pvp when your a Jade.

Just staying alive in PVP to win is a poor excuse for a game, any game, I don't care what it is.
Oh, yeah, I got six to eight hours to go pvp in one match so some day I can become a warlord. that is just absolutely insane.....

There is no defense for Jade, no matter what you say.
As far as adults earning money, but that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt the game.

Come on KI, but in Time limits to stop the Jades...... and stop wasting our time.
End of time limit, no tickets, no win, no lost, this will put PvP back where it belongs.

Hero
Dec 16, 2009
772
Elder Wizard Sojo on Jul 12, 2013 wrote:
I don't think I said its the only way to make warlord because I only made warlord once with life. But it is the only way to combat major hits like storm. Come on be real they have 90% damage and critical chance can be in the low hundreds, and then the spells are 1300 without a blade or trap they are hitting hard and the only real problem with storm is that it fizzled a lot but the higher you level you can fix that too and you can add defense. So you can basically hit me at every round and kill me in 5 rounds tops without a high resist. But not one complains about that no you complain that I CAN defend myself simply because I had to pay for it. But the truth is most of the gear I see in pvp isn't dropped. So I wish people would stop fronting.

Its normally hoard gear or crown OR crafted (which is the same is buying it) so what adults have more money we earn it. And if you did you would do the same and all of you who can afford BUY it. So can we all get off our high horse. I have been beaten IN jade gear so it can be done. However it balances out being pounded.

If you want to make it so that you can only wear this one outfit then cool lets do that this way our gear will be exactly the same and with all the bells and whistles gone you are left to skill. And I mean skill not a side deck filled with tc from other schools (still a cheat) but you all know that you aren't THAT good most of you complaining are the same ones who run in packs looking for a team to balance you out.

Every time something doesn't favor you, you don't have to complain.
As I already stated your math is faulty. Please address my mathematical claims if you wish to gain any legitimacy with the argument that you need jade to defy 90% attack boost.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
953
One more item to bring up Elder,

The Beta Fish adds ~14% resist to any school, which can bring up a Jade to 93% resist.
You cannot take down someone at 93% resist, it's almost impossible to do so.
I don't care if you have 90% hit or not, your not taking down someone with Guardian Spirit and
Jade gear. I can hit for 20000 damage and do 1400 damage.......

A Balance is limited in Blades and cannot do that kind of damage, so they have a huge disadvantage
to start with.

Are you starting to see the problem with Jade now.... this is ruining the game....
You wonder why no one pays any respect to you when you wear Jade..... well now you don't
have to wonder.

Look at the top 100 in the leader boards, we have around 4 players in the rank 80-90.
Four players in the top 100, and all the rest are level 40-60, and why,,, players are sick of
Jade gear and have quit the upper levels and dropped back.
Jade gear has ruined high level PvP, it's that simple....

KI, please look at this issue, it has gotten out of hand and needs to be corrected.
Time limits with Resist caps is needed, every other game out there has corrected this quickly....

Resist caps do not have to be across the board, every school should be allowed higher resist to
two different schools, ex. Death can have higher resist to Life and Myth, etc.

Wizard 101 needs to look at this, and find a way to fix it soon. Bring back the fun to High Level
PVP, so more will play at this level and not keep dropping back to levels 5, 10, 30, 50 and 60....

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
290
Removing jade gear won't fix the issue. So long as better gear continues to get created, we'll just come across this issue again and again. PVP needs to be reworked.

I'd suggest capping resists and damage bonuses at 80% for pvp. Also make critical block and critical hit chance cap at 300 for PVP. If a person can build a better set than that, allow them to against mobs in the game world, but for PVP, anything more than stated above is excessive and ruins the experience of players. Defeating an opponent with 80% defense isn't easy, but it also isn't that difficult. There are plenty of spells in the game already that facilitate it. I'd also recommend and I hate to say this because I rely on this way too much, but change the way pets heal in PVP. Don't allow them to use the player's incoming or outgoing heal bonus. The number of matches I've won because of fairy being chain cast by my pet for over 800 health a pop is kinda sad. But just as sad is when a life wizard's pet heals them for even more than that.

I use jade at times, it has it's uses. I've also fought others who wore jade and know how difficult it can be to take them down. I don't see the actual armor as the problem though. The stats players can reach now, are incredible, but also very unbalanced. When a player can just spam one spell every turn, critical hitting every time and do 2000 damage each time, it's kinda wrong. At the same time, it is also wrong that someone can ignore practically all the incoming damage.

Due to inflation, my 2 cents is probably $2.50.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
403
Veracity8 on Jul 5, 2013 wrote:
Elder,

The game was much better without Jade Gear, imo, and I think that's why so many complain about it.

I talked to a Warlord today, and asked, "Do you think that the second Arc of PvP is that much harder?".
The reply was, "Yes, because of all the jade noobs, there too many of them".

Can a Jade PvP'er be beat, yes, but the problem is it takes a lot of time. Hours to set up your
deck to take them down. All a Jade person has to do is stack, shatter and hit, because it's easy
for them to stay alive.
It's just extremely unfair, bottom line, unfair for all other players that aren't adults with
plenty of money to buy packs. All of us don't have tons of money, some of us have no money, some
of us have just summer jobs and need to save for college.

It's really the adults that have ruined this game, with overspending on every new thing that comes out.
They are to blame more than anyone else....that is why Tournaments are not for Gold..
So you sit and write a post cause we don't like jade noobs, and you wonder why... yeah, like why.
Why is it that all the other games I play don't offer anywhere near the crown stuff that W101 does?
Adults are the real problem...... not KI.
I got to the second paragraph and had to stop you.

I think any wizard that has pvped in the second age can tell you whether it is hard or not. Just because it is a warlord, does not mean they are more knowledgeable at what goes on in pvp. If you want to tell me they play more pvp than any other wizard that is incorrect. I am a private and I have played over 100 pvp battles,(500 including 1st age) and I am a private. It is the lower ranks you should ask, or maybe yourself!! Why does asking a warlord represent the wizard's opinions throughout the spiral?

When I finished reading, you claimed "adults ruined the game." I know many, many adults who play Wizard101. This is so stereotypical of you Many adults don't even buy crowns, and none of my friends have jade gear. You are telling everyone adults are monsters who are warlords and spend all their money on a game to get powerful gear? FALSE. You don't think adults need to save money? Like I said stereotypical. I know this friend that does buys crowns, but she only uses it to garden (seeds, etc.) buy mounts, gift friends etc. But she does not strive to open packs every second of her life to get gear. She doesn't even pvp.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
953
To Wizgamer105,

"I think any wizard that has pvped in the second age can tell you whether it is hard or not. Just because it is a warlord, does not mean they are more knowledgeable at what goes on in pvp. If you want to tell me they play more pvp than any other wizard that is incorrect. I am a private and I have played over 100 pvp battles,(500 including 1st age) and I am a private. It is the lower ranks you should ask, or maybe yourself!! Why does asking a warlord represent the wizard's opinions throughout the spiral?"

Well, saying that you have over a 100 games and are still a Private tells me I shouldn't ask you, because
you don't know how to PVP. Not being mean, it's a fact, at around 50 games, you should be approaching
Warlord, if not already there. Just say, a person with a 50 win to 2 loss record, understands the game much better than a person with 10 wins and 50 loses..... kinda makes sense doesn't it?
Btw, I have multiple Warlord from the 1st age, and working up to Warlord now in the second.
As a misc note, the Warlord I asked, had over a 1000 fights, that many fights should allow good
judgement, in a reply.

"When I finished reading, you claimed "adults ruined the game." I know many, many adults who play Wizard101. This is so stereotypical of you Many adults don't even buy crowns, and none of my friends have jade gear. You are telling everyone adults are monsters who are warlords and spend all their money on a game to get powerful gear? FALSE. You don't think adults need to save money? Like I said stereotypical. I know this friend that does buys crowns, but she only uses it to garden (seeds, etc.) buy mounts, gift friends etc. But she does not strive to open packs every second of her life to get gear. She doesn't even pvp."

Ok, lets splits hairs on this one, let me say "Most Adults" ruin the game... is that better?
Point is, how many six year olds can spend 60 dollars a week, or Ten year old, or lets me a jump
up to 17 year olds? Not many........

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
412
Veracity8 on Jul 12, 2013 wrote:
Elder,

I respectfully disagree with you, there is nothing fair at all about the Jade Gear. The Resist to Heal ratio of Jade is way out of bounds with all other gear. You talk about Storm having 90 Percent hit, but they lose almost all critical block and have low resist when they do that. I know, I have a Level 90 storm with crafted gear. No crown gear, btw, and it's even hard for me to damage Jade Gear users, because I cannot get a Critical in. Jade gear gives excellent Critical block and healing.....

Fire has the same issue, the only way they can damage Jade or Ice is to Blade and trap. Almost every Jade player I have gone up against, uses the Myth amulet and quake. If you cannot Blade, a Jade becomes almost impossible to kill. Add to this, they like to keep up the Life Aura and heal constantly, and keep in max number of reshuffles with TC's. This is a turtle that just sits there and stays alive, and normally does few attacks.

Today I watched a Balance, a very good Balance at level 90 finally flee against a Jade. The Jade Ice just kept alive, and used counter spells to stay alive. At one time, the balance had the Ice down to 400 life, but didn't have the pips to do the amount of damage need to put her away. That is the key, you have to have extremely high damage to take out a Jade. Balance is at more of a disadvantage than any other player against a Jade. There is no skill in staying alive in Pvp when your a Jade.

Just staying alive in PVP to win is a poor excuse for a game, any game, I don't care what it is.
Oh, yeah, I got six to eight hours to go pvp in one match so some day I can become a warlord. that is just absolutely insane.....

There is no defense for Jade, no matter what you say.
As far as adults earning money, but that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt the game.

Come on KI, but in Time limits to stop the Jades...... and stop wasting our time.
End of time limit, no tickets, no win, no lost, this will put PvP back where it belongs.
Vera

I really do hear what you are saying. But before I had jade gear I beat someone with it. The thing is, elemental schools who acquire large damage in all the gear for their school and little resist are ok with others fighting with little resist then in all reality you cant lose with your major spells and epic damage. In truth if all you have to do it take the time to add a blade and a trap and you are complaining that you want the power to kill with one hit who is being unreasonable here.

People jade gear may lower damage on your great new promethean level spells but its the addition traps that keeps us alive not just the gear. What about the Myth spell that everyone uses to remove all the traps? I don't hear you complaining about those as foul play. No of course not this isn't about resist its about lowering resist so that you can win with your one hit mega spells and not have to slow down to blade.

Seriously Storm is horrible that way spamming you with levy or wild bolt or that new spell with seems to require no pips and fire efreet (which is balance nightmare) and Myth who can stun you for two rounds. This is all the realities of the game so we use the gear we can to balance out the fight. Period.

For storm and other elementals they look for gear that will raise their damage potential. The others need more resist. Death finds it the hardest. And while life can heal everyone has a doom and gloom and PVP isn't hard its long now because everyone has that balance spell. So you have to wait until all the tc are used and they are no longer can reshuffle then you both have to fight. however by then you are usually dog tired. I don't know what to say about all this except that this isn't KI making. The game has become harsh because we make it that way. By refusing to lose. But just remember if you refuse to lose and pull out all the stops, do us all a favor, stop complaining about it when you do lose. Because the person you lost to, well, they just refused to lose as well and THEY won.

Win some lose some its a roller coaster you can go up without coming back down. Its the ups and downs that make this fun. If all you are made of it success and winning you are missing something. Trust me on this. Because winning all the time isn't fun its sounds easy and nothing that easy is fun.

I have to go and I am gonna end this conversation by saying Its a game folks if you are this upset then stop playing because you aren't having fun anymore. Come back with more prospective.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
953
Elder Wizard Sojo on Jul 19, 2013 wrote:
Vera

I really do hear what you are saying. But before I had jade gear I beat someone with it. The thing is, elemental schools who acquire large damage in all the gear for their school and little resist are ok with others fighting with little resist then in all reality you cant lose with your major spells and epic damage. In truth if all you have to do it take the time to add a blade and a trap and you are complaining that you want the power to kill with one hit who is being unreasonable here.

People jade gear may lower damage on your great new promethean level spells but its the addition traps that keeps us alive not just the gear. What about the Myth spell that everyone uses to remove all the traps? I don't hear you complaining about those as foul play. No of course not this isn't about resist its about lowering resist so that you can win with your one hit mega spells and not have to slow down to blade.

Seriously Storm is horrible that way spamming you with levy or wild bolt or that new spell with seems to require no pips and fire efreet (which is balance nightmare) and Myth who can stun you for two rounds. This is all the realities of the game so we use the gear we can to balance out the fight. Period.

For storm and other elementals they look for gear that will raise their damage potential. The others need more resist. Death finds it the hardest. And while life can heal everyone has a doom and gloom and PVP isn't hard its long now because everyone has that balance spell. So you have to wait until all the tc are used and they are no longer can reshuffle then you both have to fight. however by then you are usually dog tired. I don't know what to say about all this except that this isn't KI making. The game has become harsh because we make it that way. By refusing to lose. But just remember if you refuse to lose and pull out all the stops, do us all a favor, stop complaining about it when you do lose. Because the person you lost to, well, they just refused to lose as well and THEY won.

Win some lose some its a roller coaster you can go up without coming back down. Its the ups and downs that make this fun. If all you are made of it success and winning you are missing something. Trust me on this. Because winning all the time isn't fun its sounds easy and nothing that easy is fun.

I have to go and I am gonna end this conversation by saying Its a game folks if you are this upset then stop playing because you aren't having fun anymore. Come back with more prospective.
Elder,

What you missed is my second posting.... and this explain the real problem, and why Jade gear is such an issue. It also explains why, exactly why Jade Gear is such an issue.... and why what you state doesn't hit the head of the nail at all......
The key here is not losing, I don't mind losing at all, I have lost lots of fight, it's part of the learning process.
The Point is, you do NOT have a chance against a Wizard with 93 or 94%, and this just ruins the fun
of PVP. That is my point, and you are right, "it's a game", a game should be fun.
There is no fun at all, battling a Wizard that cannot be defeated, and that is it in a nutshell.

So, ok, let's end it here.... especially after I have seen you post several times that you think
that Jade is overpowered, which it certainly is, but the key is it ruins all the fun of PVP.

The above post that I was pointing too is listed below, in part......

One more item to bring up Elder,

The Beta Fish adds ~14% resist to any school, which can bring up a Jade to 93% resist.
You cannot take down someone at 93% resist, it's almost impossible to do so.
I don't care if you have 90% hit or not, your not taking down someone with Guardian Spirit and
Jade gear. I can hit for 20000 damage and do 1400 damage.......
See above posting that you missed......

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
403
Veracity8 on Jul 18, 2013 wrote:
To Wizgamer105,

"I think any wizard that has pvped in the second age can tell you whether it is hard or not. Just because it is a warlord, does not mean they are more knowledgeable at what goes on in pvp. If you want to tell me they play more pvp than any other wizard that is incorrect. I am a private and I have played over 100 pvp battles,(500 including 1st age) and I am a private. It is the lower ranks you should ask, or maybe yourself!! Why does asking a warlord represent the wizard's opinions throughout the spiral?"

Well, saying that you have over a 100 games and are still a Private tells me I shouldn't ask you, because
you don't know how to PVP. Not being mean, it's a fact, at around 50 games, you should be approaching
Warlord, if not already there. Just say, a person with a 50 win to 2 loss record, understands the game much better than a person with 10 wins and 50 loses..... kinda makes sense doesn't it?
Btw, I have multiple Warlord from the 1st age, and working up to Warlord now in the second.
As a misc note, the Warlord I asked, had over a 1000 fights, that many fights should allow good
judgement, in a reply.

"When I finished reading, you claimed "adults ruined the game." I know many, many adults who play Wizard101. This is so stereotypical of you Many adults don't even buy crowns, and none of my friends have jade gear. You are telling everyone adults are monsters who are warlords and spend all their money on a game to get powerful gear? FALSE. You don't think adults need to save money? Like I said stereotypical. I know this friend that does buys crowns, but she only uses it to garden (seeds, etc.) buy mounts, gift friends etc. But she does not strive to open packs every second of her life to get gear. She doesn't even pvp."

Ok, lets splits hairs on this one, let me say "Most Adults" ruin the game... is that better?
Point is, how many six year olds can spend 60 dollars a week, or Ten year old, or lets me a jump
up to 17 year olds? Not many........
Funny how you say "Most Adults ruin the game" and not 'Most Adults ruin pvp', or' Most Adults make pvp more challenging', or 'these few adults that tend to over-spend to get OP gear make pvp more challenging.' The last one is more politically correct.

Like I said, I know many adults who play this game, and they don't have jade gear, and most do not pvp! Six years olds, ten years olds ... Most of them have parents who very well buy their kids crowns too. Wait, $60 a week? What would they use all those crowns for? Backpacks full of jade gear?

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
953
Wiz,

You know what I'm saying, your just playing the turncoat, and I won't buy into it.
I highly doubt that parents got an extra $60 to give their kids each week, or even
each month. I expect that most kids are just like my two brothers, they spend some of
their birthday money, etc to get crowns. Yeah, like few and far between, unless your Dad
has got lots of money that he just likes to throw away.... yeah, not likely either.

Maybe you grew up in a rich family where money grew on trees, not like the rest of us.
If that is the case, then you are part of the problem, overspending on Jade and packs.
Hey, maybe it was you I just faced in pvp, I was second to a Jade noob....

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
178
Veracity8 on Jul 21, 2013 wrote:
Wiz,

You know what I'm saying, your just playing the turncoat, and I won't buy into it.
I highly doubt that parents got an extra $60 to give their kids each week, or even
each month. I expect that most kids are just like my two brothers, they spend some of
their birthday money, etc to get crowns. Yeah, like few and far between, unless your Dad
has got lots of money that he just likes to throw away.... yeah, not likely either.

Maybe you grew up in a rich family where money grew on trees, not like the rest of us.
If that is the case, then you are part of the problem, overspending on Jade and packs.
Hey, maybe it was you I just faced in pvp, I was second to a Jade noob....
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but you don't seem to have a very strong case here, whatsoever. Wizgamer105 stated that to classify adults as being able to drop loads of money on this game is quite a generalization. The only part of his segment your getting annoyed at that I don't support is when he called Jade gear OP. no damage, not much health, low healing boost... its got resist and thats all. And what really irks me the most is your inability to correctly respond to easily phrased postings. In your posting on the 18th, you inferred pretty strongly that adults drop money all over this game buying crowns. Would be interesting if Kingsisle told us the truth behind this, although I doubt they will since it probably goes against some privacy policy or another, but I am ASSUMING that more money is spent on this game by kids than by adults. Adults usually tend to spend money a lot less, as they are actually working for it. I've had times when some of my younger friends on this game will talk about how they just get their parents to drop some cash anytime they want anything very badly. And you'd be surprised at how much money some of those youngsters get; pretty much everyone has SOMEONE rich in their family(talking extended as well here, don't start trying to do the "not everyone has a rich daddy" thing). I normally spend money for a monthly renewed subscription(I occasionally have to cancel for a month, this actually doesn't lose me much money as far as I can tell), and maybe crowns once every few months, but I wouldn't drop $60 no matter what they come out with(excluding a may cast satyr pet).

Money doesn't grow on trees, that rule holds true for everybody. Wizgamer105 did not talk about personally spending money on jade gear. He stated (assuming jokingly) what would they use all that money for? Backpacks filled with Jade gear? And honestly people, stop throwing out the hate language so indiscriminately, especially when you are not aware of the true meaning of it. If they are using Jade armor in high level PvP, I doubt they got there and are still new at the game (My record is 4 days for 90 levels, but then again I did have to see a counselor and have weekly therapy sessions for about a month after that). There is many tactics you can use from second anyways, just the meaning of a dispel and shields change a lot.

Mason ShadowwraithPromethean

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
403
Veracity8 on Jul 21, 2013 wrote:
Wiz,

You know what I'm saying, your just playing the turncoat, and I won't buy into it.
I highly doubt that parents got an extra $60 to give their kids each week, or even
each month. I expect that most kids are just like my two brothers, they spend some of
their birthday money, etc to get crowns. Yeah, like few and far between, unless your Dad
has got lots of money that he just likes to throw away.... yeah, not likely either.

Maybe you grew up in a rich family where money grew on trees, not like the rest of us.
If that is the case, then you are part of the problem, overspending on Jade and packs.
Hey, maybe it was you I just faced in pvp, I was second to a Jade noob....
My family is not rich, nor as I am. Far from it Vera. I face Jade "noobs" all the time, and trust me, they are not all adults behind that screen. Like I said, I am not in a rich family, money is important for all things and I haven't bought crowns is a long time, nor do I have jade gear or crown gear. Why am I arguing in favor of jade players? Maybe because they are always being stereotyped, Once again, I am not rich, do not have jade gear and I have to face the "jade noobs" like everybody else. They are hard to fight, I agree, but you can't blame a collective identity for all this.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
403
1320Wraith on Jul 22, 2013 wrote:
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but you don't seem to have a very strong case here, whatsoever. Wizgamer105 stated that to classify adults as being able to drop loads of money on this game is quite a generalization. The only part of his segment your getting annoyed at that I don't support is when he called Jade gear OP. no damage, not much health, low healing boost... its got resist and thats all. And what really irks me the most is your inability to correctly respond to easily phrased postings. In your posting on the 18th, you inferred pretty strongly that adults drop money all over this game buying crowns. Would be interesting if Kingsisle told us the truth behind this, although I doubt they will since it probably goes against some privacy policy or another, but I am ASSUMING that more money is spent on this game by kids than by adults. Adults usually tend to spend money a lot less, as they are actually working for it. I've had times when some of my younger friends on this game will talk about how they just get their parents to drop some cash anytime they want anything very badly. And you'd be surprised at how much money some of those youngsters get; pretty much everyone has SOMEONE rich in their family(talking extended as well here, don't start trying to do the "not everyone has a rich daddy" thing). I normally spend money for a monthly renewed subscription(I occasionally have to cancel for a month, this actually doesn't lose me much money as far as I can tell), and maybe crowns once every few months, but I wouldn't drop $60 no matter what they come out with(excluding a may cast satyr pet).

Money doesn't grow on trees, that rule holds true for everybody. Wizgamer105 did not talk about personally spending money on jade gear. He stated (assuming jokingly) what would they use all that money for? Backpacks filled with Jade gear? And honestly people, stop throwing out the hate language so indiscriminately, especially when you are not aware of the true meaning of it. If they are using Jade armor in high level PvP, I doubt they got there and are still new at the game (My record is 4 days for 90 levels, but then again I did have to see a counselor and have weekly therapy sessions for about a month after that). There is many tactics you can use from second anyways, just the meaning of a dispel and shields change a lot.

Mason ShadowwraithPromethean
Thank you,

1320 Wraith, was talking about how youngsters receive crowns when they want something really bad, and how they tend to spend more than the older players. I can recall two friends, that were likely younger, that had loads of crowns from their parents. In one situation I met a guy back when I was in Zafaria, we were doing a dungeon, and he bought a lot of henchmen, later I found out he did have lots of crowns and he said his parents get him bulk crowns every month, he even gifted me a fire mastery amulet. The other incident was with someone I knew IRL who told me face to face, that his parents just bought him crowns. Those are two stories there, if anyone wants more evidence.

Also, Veracity8, in addition to the previous post (where I said my family was not rich and I barely ever spend money on crowns), even if I did have some money, that I obviously got from hard work, I don't strive every second to take that money, buy crowns, and buy "backpacks full of jade gear" (I was joking). I save my well earned cash . For the fifth time, I never had or will have jade gear.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
953
1320Waith,

How can I not forgive someone who needs help after playing a simple game that they do not
seem to fully understand. Now that your forgiven, let me say, in your other postings, you attack
me directly, not facts that I state.
You generalize on everything, and have no facts to back up any of it.
You know no more than I do on who spends money on what in the game, but let me state this.
Even if the kids are spending the money, guess what, it still comes from the parents…..yeah, go figure.

On the other hand, you have given me a completely new way to see how evil kids are. Yes, if an adult give a very small childs a bunch of glass, and that small child drops it in the doorway. It’s the childs fault for everyone that steps on that glass. Wow, now I get it, every child understands exactly what they are doing, they are so evil. Yes, you made a very good point, I’m sure I didn’t miss it.

What I know for sure is this, when someone attacks someone else, on a personal basis, it’s because they
are very young and don’t know any better, or that they have already lost the fight.
You are doing the exact same thing to appease your personal agenda, because you can’t win the fight.
Attack the facts, not the poster, everyone knows that by the time they are done with their first year of college.

Stick to the facts, or “as others and you like to throw out all the time” (but I’ll change one word….),
just quit posting…

To Wiz,

I can agree with that, and when I attack Jades in general, I’m sure that there are some Jades that are good people and should not be included in that. My point is, and always has been, that Wild bolt was broken, and needed to be fixed. KI clearly saw that and finally fixed that, but only after a huge number of complaints were lodged. Imo, Jade Gear when mixed with other gear, pets, etc has the same problem, and needs to be fixed.
If I offended you, and I believe by your reply that I did, I apologize, sincerly.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
178
Veracity8 on Jul 22, 2013 wrote:
1320Waith,

How can I not forgive someone who needs help after playing a simple game that they do not
seem to fully understand. Now that your forgiven, let me say, in your other postings, you attack
me directly, not facts that I state.
You generalize on everything, and have no facts to back up any of it.
You know no more than I do on who spends money on what in the game, but let me state this.
Even if the kids are spending the money, guess what, it still comes from the parents…..yeah, go figure.

On the other hand, you have given me a completely new way to see how evil kids are. Yes, if an adult give a very small childs a bunch of glass, and that small child drops it in the doorway. It’s the childs fault for everyone that steps on that glass. Wow, now I get it, every child understands exactly what they are doing, they are so evil. Yes, you made a very good point, I’m sure I didn’t miss it.

What I know for sure is this, when someone attacks someone else, on a personal basis, it’s because they
are very young and don’t know any better, or that they have already lost the fight.
You are doing the exact same thing to appease your personal agenda, because you can’t win the fight.
Attack the facts, not the poster, everyone knows that by the time they are done with their first year of college.

Stick to the facts, or “as others and you like to throw out all the time” (but I’ll change one word….),
just quit posting…

To Wiz,

I can agree with that, and when I attack Jades in general, I’m sure that there are some Jades that are good people and should not be included in that. My point is, and always has been, that Wild bolt was broken, and needed to be fixed. KI clearly saw that and finally fixed that, but only after a huge number of complaints were lodged. Imo, Jade Gear when mixed with other gear, pets, etc has the same problem, and needs to be fixed.
If I offended you, and I believe by your reply that I did, I apologize, sincerly.
I have given fairly direct facts to just about everything that I post. When I said that most of the money is probably spent by kids, I specifically, and in uppercase for maximum non missing, said ASSUMING. I respond to the facts you state, and at times directly to you, when its something especially offensive or misguided. Sentience is something everyone has, and that does not matter what the age is. Unless a child has a mental disability, they should be aware of what they are doing. As far as I was aware, this wasn't a fight, this was conflicting stating of views. Oh well, whatever makes you happy I suppose. And perhaps you should try posting logical, supported postings; it makes your posts look a lot less mature when you throw out noob all the time, and start going "Oh you should just stop posting." I have no desire to stop posting and have people who want to easy way out continue to complain until Kingsisle does another not needed fixing (Talking mostly about some of the things like reshuffle they've messed with; Wild bolt was one I supported being changed). If you expect to post onto a message board anything against a gear set or something else used by players in the game, expect someone or another to disagree with you, and don't expect everyone to just quit posting when you don't like having to support your views. It's better to have several people who don't agree, so you actually have to prove your point.