Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jade Gear Meet Your Match!!

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 06, 2009
So for a while now people have been going on and on about how bad Jade Gear is in PvP and would like it banned immediately (or something similar). This is quite illogical as that's like saying Kingsisle should ban Waterworks gear, or even Blades, Tower Shield, and Infalliable from PvP. None of us want that. (also does anyone find it weird that the players who actually use Jade Gear have remained mysteriously silent? Interesting...) If something is popular and well liked by the people, so be it. If everyone wants to use Piggles, Antique Decks and sunglasses for PvP and it actually helps them win, I don't see why anyone should complain.

In any case, I did want to point out that the Mysterious Jade Gear set does have an enemy set:

The Deulist's Set!

Let's look at the stats of Full Mysterious Jade Gear set (Note: I'll be using my level 90 Death Wizard's base health of 2630 and base Power Pip chance of 40%. I am not including Mana or stats from Pets)

Health: 3485 Max
Pip Chance: +52% Max
Accuracy: NFG (None From Gear)
Damage: NFG
Universal Resist: +59%
Pierce: NFG
Stun Resist: NFG
Critical: NFG
Critical Block: 180 (36% w/ Silver Order of the Spiral); 150 (30% w/ Order of High Glory Banner); 150 (30% w/ Golden Dragon Fear Banner)
Incoming Heal: +13% (Silver Order of the Spiral); +30% (Order of High Glory Banner); +19% (Golden Dragon Fear Banner)
Outgoing Heal: +34% (Silver Order of the Spiral); +12% (Order of High Glory Banner); +12% (Golden Dragon Fear Banner)

While no one is really going to use the full Mysterious Jade Gear set, you can see just from the gear set, you sacrifice a lot just for resist and, with Pets and crafted athames and rings, you can easily get to 70% Resistances, making most damage spells mediocre.

Now let's see the Full Duelist's set (Including Sword, Athame, Amulet, and Ring):

Health: 4685 Max
Pip Chance: +89%
Accuracy: +18%
Damage: +64%
Universal Resist: NFG
Pierce: +33%
Stun Resist: NFG
Critical: 190 (38%)
Critical Block: 150 (30%)
Incoming Heal: +19%
Outgoing Heal: +17%

As you can see, the Duelist set is a more offensive gear set while the Mysterious Jade Gear is defensive. Also keep in mind, both gears are hard to get (spending countless rounds in Tourneys or spending on countless packs). Here's the thing. The Mysterious Jade Gear can have over 70% Resist. Look at the Duelist's 33% Pierce. Let's add +15% Pierce from Infallible, +20% from Extraordinary, +10% from Spears (Balance we'll use Dragonspear for you, ok?). Now we have 78% Pierce for all schools! This is assuming no shields are on the Jade Gear user. Plus Spearstorm (+4%) and Elemental/Spiritual Spear (+9%), schools get 91% Pierce and Balance 82%. (If you want to throw in Cold Fire Dragon, Balance get's 91%, other schools 100%).

I just wanted to let you guys know that with the right stuff, Mysterious Jade Gear resist can be obliterated.
Happy Dueling!

Defender
Jun 23, 2011
Well I see that you have no resist whatsoever, that's very bad for pvp

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
and then the jade person casts a spell too remove your blades, killing the spears, uses a weakness and some 70% shields, and all of a sudden your back to hitting 10 damage an attack. Not quite sure how this plan was supposed to work.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
One of the things people don't seem to realize is; both sets of gear are lacking some serious stats that regular crafted gear can provide.

People are so concerned about having a huge amount of resist, or a huge amount of damage/critical, that they overlook the major faults in the gear itself.

It would be interesting to pit one set of gear against the other, just to see what the outcome would be in a match.

Me? I prefer my crafted gear, which gives me all the necessary stats I need for both damage and defense.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
You obviously haven't cast a colossal fire elf that does a whopping 16 points of damage total. You can't have a pierce aura up all the time, and even if you could, your damage is still mitigated to minimal. And like poster above me said, having no resist in PvP is a sure way to die fast. Might be good gear for storm who often uses the strategy of "kill fast or die fast."

I think there ought to be a max resist for PvP, maybe even as high as 80%. But when the game requires piercing to do any damage at all, something is broken.

Jade Gear + Guardian Spirit = my retirement from PvP.
But I had a pretty good 5k games in Age 1. For that I am thankful.

Historian
May 06, 2009
Death commander on Jul 1, 2013 wrote:
Well I see that you have no resist whatsoever, that's very bad for pvp
Not entirely. Shields can work in your favor, but I do understand that most people hold resist over anything.

Historian
May 06, 2009
1320Wraith on Jul 1, 2013 wrote:
and then the jade person casts a spell too remove your blades, killing the spears, uses a weakness and some 70% shields, and all of a sudden your back to hitting 10 damage an attack. Not quite sure how this plan was supposed to work.
I knew someone was going to say something like at. To clear things up, this is NOT a post about creating a strategy to beat Jade Gear users. This was never a plan to implement into PvP and suddently win the match (sorry for the misunderstanding there). This was a hypetical post showing that there is a gear set and a possible way that counters the Mysterious Jade Gear. Is there a chance you'll go up against a Storm wizard with Enfeeble and Disarm or players using TC? Of course. Is it possible that a Myth wizard can mar you're whole plan or anyone with use Tower Shield? Yes. It's possible. All possible.

All I wanted to show, again, was that 1.) There is a gear set that takes a more offensive stance compared to the heavily complained about defensive gear and 2.) That this gear can help counter the Jade Gear. There is no guarantee you will win (just as someone can get Jade Gear and still loose a match). But again you can see, in a simple fight, I think it's possible. But not 100% of the time.

Also to your scenario. If this Mysterious Jade Gear player X can use Enfeeble, Disarm, or Earthquake, then Weakness, then a -70% Shields, can you not counter with Shatter (TC or actuall spell) and Cleanse Charm (TC or actual spell), then Reshuffle (TC or actual spell)? Then most people who use Mysterious Jade Gear have been called "turtles," players who simple shield and weaken, but make no little effort to actually battle (total buzzkills lol). Can they not be countered with Shatter and destroy their tower of iron will? And then rebuild? You might counter that they'll just do it all over again.
Well, if the match ends up just some horrid back and forth, well I can't give much of an answer to that. I could say "That was the way the match ended up." but that won't do anyone any good will it? But anything, and everything, is possible in PvP. Sometimes you just gotta let go of the doubt or the negative outcome, put your best foot forward and try it out or play with it. All I'm saying is that, "Hey, I found this really offensive gear that looks to counter the Jade gear." That hopefully that sparked someone to wanna play with the idea or find some solution.

Historian
May 06, 2009
Malt22 on Jul 1, 2013 wrote:
You obviously haven't cast a colossal fire elf that does a whopping 16 points of damage total. You can't have a pierce aura up all the time, and even if you could, your damage is still mitigated to minimal. And like poster above me said, having no resist in PvP is a sure way to die fast. Might be good gear for storm who often uses the strategy of "kill fast or die fast."

I think there ought to be a max resist for PvP, maybe even as high as 80%. But when the game requires piercing to do any damage at all, something is broken.

Jade Gear + Guardian Spirit = my retirement from PvP.
But I had a pretty good 5k games in Age 1. For that I am thankful.
You're quite right. I have never casted a colossal fire elf, as I am a Death Wizard. Also, I never said anything about you needed to wear this gear or needed to use it. I was simply comparing to gear sets out there. If that is a crime, then may Wild Bolt strike me down right now.

Both gear sets are on the opposite ends of the spectrum. The Duelist Set is an Offensive gear that sacrifices Resist for more Damage and Pierce. Mysterious Jade Gear is a Defensive gear type that sacrificed everything for Resist. If you want something else, whichever gear you use, you have to get the the stats you want from somewhere else. And all I did was compare them, and played right, using Duelist gear might get you a win or, as I presented, deminish Jade Gear's emence resist.

You can't have an Aura up forever. I know that. So, in any scenario (excluding using Fortify which is best to use as soon as possible), it's best to use your Aura last, excatly before the round you cast your spell. It's not a strategy I'm guaranteeing will win anything, I'm just showing how to get X amount of Pierce that seemed it would beat Jade Gear's resist. Also Guardian Spirit is Life only, no Treasure Cards, and I haven't seen many in-game dropped/crafted gear that gives it. I know there's Bundle and Crowns gear that gives it, but I'm talking about things that are more...flexible to everyone's budget. If it's becoming harder to defeat Life, then they've stepped out of that "weak" stage some of them called themselves.

The game never required you to use piercing. It might make it easier (like Blading and Enchanting your spells, which makes them stronger and more likely to knock off some health), but I never heard Kingsisle say "Attention players, if you wish to win a duel, you must use powering and piercing to win." If in PvP, you suddenly have to use piercing, then it is the fault of the over abuse of the Jade Gear. We can not stop gear from coming out, but we don't have to use it either. Jade Gear is no different. Because no one wants to give their Jade Gear a rest and not use it, give some other people some fun against them, we can't have any simple fun. That's problem.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2010
Yea this idea won't always work on ice or storm or myth