Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I've Had Enough

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 20, 2011
7
I have had enough with PvP. Every time I get paired with a warlord storm and get bolted to death. Nothing else. People say its fair that storm can have such power, for the sacrifice of health and accuracy, when in truth, IT's NOT. Storm has terrible defensive stats and accuracy, but it doesn't matter because KI gives them the best gear. They are practically invincible. I'm sick of being spammed by bolts. Not only is it not fair, it takes the fun out of PvP entirely. If KI was to prove they were fair with this, they would only let Storm duel Storm. I'd like to see how they like their own medicine. I never get to fight any other schools. Just a Transcended Storm Warlord. I know many people have complained. But no one needs to deny it. Storm has too much power!

Defender
Jan 22, 2012
105
DatPyromancer on Jul 25, 2013 wrote:
I have had enough with PvP. Every time I get paired with a warlord storm and get bolted to death. Nothing else. People say its fair that storm can have such power, for the sacrifice of health and accuracy, when in truth, IT's NOT. Storm has terrible defensive stats and accuracy, but it doesn't matter because KI gives them the best gear. They are practically invincible. I'm sick of being spammed by bolts. Not only is it not fair, it takes the fun out of PvP entirely. If KI was to prove they were fair with this, they would only let Storm duel Storm. I'd like to see how they like their own medicine. I never get to fight any other schools. Just a Transcended Storm Warlord. I know many people have complained. But no one needs to deny it. Storm has too much power!
Storm doesn't have too much power. Power is just their talent, so they tend to maximise it.
I'm guessing you are a Pyromancer? Some suggestions -
- If, like you say, you are always having to battle Storm wizards, then make sure you have a decent Storm resistance and critical block.
- Shield, shield, shield. Just keep doing this and healing in between.
- Also blade and trap
- Try and get a deck of 7 power pips so you can do a heckhound. That works best.
- Try and anticipate your opponents moves. If you can see he/she is fully bladed with lots of power pips, you may want to think about casting an Efreet because of the -90% blade.
So, those are just to help you out. I'm not sure if that was what you were looking for, or just support on the Storm has too much power statement. Meh.
Sierra Ashblood, Transcendent

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
178
DatPyromancer on Jul 25, 2013 wrote:
I have had enough with PvP. Every time I get paired with a warlord storm and get bolted to death. Nothing else. People say its fair that storm can have such power, for the sacrifice of health and accuracy, when in truth, IT's NOT. Storm has terrible defensive stats and accuracy, but it doesn't matter because KI gives them the best gear. They are practically invincible. I'm sick of being spammed by bolts. Not only is it not fair, it takes the fun out of PvP entirely. If KI was to prove they were fair with this, they would only let Storm duel Storm. I'd like to see how they like their own medicine. I never get to fight any other schools. Just a Transcended Storm Warlord. I know many people have complained. But no one needs to deny it. Storm has too much power!
I've never had a problem with storm. Then again, I'm storm immune so that could have something to do with it. Storm is one of the WORST schools for pvp, they have to have that damage or they will be slaughtered instantly. As it is, if they fight anyone with resist then they can't do that much. Storm gear isn't even close to the best, and saying "Terrible defensive stats" right before "Practically invincible" is just not very smart. ICE is the invincible school. Hardly anyone complains storm, because its easy to beat them.

Mason ShadowwraithPromethean

Squire
Jul 18, 2010
568
Eh storm has some power huh? In pvp storm is the bomb for most situations in my opinion. But pvp will most likely never change. KI has tried their best to fix the randomness of the match up system, but it can't be perfect. That's why I don't pvp often, I find it stressful, time consuming, and grueling at some points. Storm doesn't always have the best gear either. Storm is made for damage , so most of their gear has damage points. It's just how storm is, but remember, pvp isn't everything. Also ice is made for defense, so most f their gear has major resist points. Each school is unique with their own abilities. What is your school by the way? Your sure to win if you use your school's power wisely. Good luck, and don't stress take a break if you feel your about to burst into flames of fury .

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
865
I'm gonna assume your fire as well. I am fire too, and I can defeat storms very, very easily. Shield, blade, efreet, link off shields, etc. And storm is indeed fair, and they do not have the best gear. If anyone does, its ice. If your having more trouble, read guides on Duelist101 or Wizard101 Central.

Survivor
Aug 20, 2011
7
Yes, I am a Pyromancer, and that was helpful. It just can't be applied for me. From the start of the battle they can Wild Bolt away any towers or shields with an added boost. And yes, their defenses are bad, but I can't find an opportunity to strike, mostly because I always move second, never ever second for some reason. And the reason you say ice is hard is because you can't handle them the way I can as a Pyromancer, by melting away towers with DOT + Fuel. And plus, YOU CAN SHATTER THEM. Then follow up with a Basilisk/ Medusa to Stun and that is all. Storm just really gets on my nerves because the battle is always one sided.

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
333
You are very incorrect. Take storm and put them in ONE Azteca boss fight by themselves, and see how long they last. Just do that. Then you can talk about storm and their "best gear"

Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
45
It's true, since storm's talent is power, they try to be as powerful as possible. Same as if you were life, you would want to be the best healer possible. I agree that ice is one of the best schools for PvP; it's the only school I have had any success with in PvP! Anyway, there is a problem with matching up people fairly, and it's been a problem for a long, long time. Hopefully it will get fixed soon. Have a wonderful day!

Rebecca Shadowbreeze Lvl 66 Megan Sunsong Lvl 51 Ryan Lvl 44 Sophia Rubyflame Lvl 35 Isabella Rose Lvl 32 Haley Stormcloud Lvl 10 Thank you for your time.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
31
I PvP on my Transcendent and I have always thought of Storm to be the easiest school to beat. They are basically a stronger version of Fire but can't DoT your shields away and don't have access to Efreet and its infamous -90% weakness. I think the reason you are losing so often to Storm is because when fighting them, you probably start off offensive with blades, traps and globals. That is bad. Unless you are another Storm person, I don't know how you expect to beat a Warlord Storm in a power competition lol. Go for shields. Learn Ice up until Tower Shield if you have to. That way you'll have access to both Volcanic Shield and Tower Shield. You won't need all your blades when fighting a Storm; they're basically made of glass. Just hit them with a high rank attack spell and they'll break easily.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
953
1320Wraith said : "and saying "Terrible defensive stats" right before "Practically invincible" is just not very smart. ICE is the invincible school."

First of all, no need for the "is just not very smart" is simply not needed at all in your posting.
Personal attacks should be left for PVP, and are not needed on the boards.

Second of, you are tying the two together and there is no need to at all.
I can have a player with Terible Defensive Stats, but extrememly high hit, critical, etc, and be just about
invincible, and I'm sure this is what he meant. You read in that he was saying one and tying directly
to the other, when he was not.
Some of the best players that I have seen, have gone the route High damage, High Critical, and low
resist. They made the decsion if they constantly attack, they dont' need resist. The Opponent will be
healing so much, they won't be able to do damage.

I would also like to counter the "ICE is the invincible school.". I have taken down many Ice from
first and from second. I don't see Ice all that invinible to me, but then I know to Storm and Fire, they
can be a real pain.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
937
Eric Crowspear on Jul 26, 2013 wrote:
You are very incorrect. Take storm and put them in ONE Azteca boss fight by themselves, and see how long they last. Just do that. Then you can talk about storm and their "best gear"
PVE bosses are not really a good surrogate endpoint for PVP efficacy. Most PVP opponents don't give you a damage boost for using opposite school :(

You're definitely going to have to slow down and turtle up against crit bolt noob storm. And yes, sometimes you go second and get blitzed out without even having a chance to shield.

If your storm resist is high enough going in, though, you survive and they have spent their opportunity. Close the window on the next opportunity by shielding hard - discard to find shields, reshuffle when you can.

And use your minion - it will draw fire away from you, break shields for you, and give you a life boost if you are under Infection and need it.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
12
Eric Crowspear on Jul 26, 2013 wrote:
You are very incorrect. Take storm and put them in ONE Azteca boss fight by themselves, and see how long they last. Just do that. Then you can talk about storm and their "best gear"
I solo'd azteca on my storm!

Survivor
Aug 20, 2011
7
Ok, yes your all true about everything. But even if a Storm can't do well against an Azteca boss, there's no way to be certain it's easy for all other schools. This is PvE talk anyway. But it's the sheer fact that Storm even has resist almost makes my attacks nullified and the can repeatedly use Healing current of 1000+. It's my specific situation that sets me up for an undeniable loss every single time. I move second, so I don't even have time to shield away bolts, and those bolts are always 1000+. I can't every find the opportunity to get to Use an Efreet because right before I do, the thermal shield goes up, and my gear has poor pierce. They then retaliate with an Insane Bolt, my instant end. I'd like to "turtle up," but you actually will need to keep the shell in order to stay turtled. And there's no need to say "not smart." It's not easy for me to express frustration, and I don't see you in Harvard, do I? And if you happen to be, so what? People aren't natural geniuses. WE LEARN AND GROW FROM EXPERIENCES. One step at a time sir. One step at a time.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
178
Veracity8 on Jul 26, 2013 wrote:
1320Wraith said : "and saying "Terrible defensive stats" right before "Practically invincible" is just not very smart. ICE is the invincible school."

First of all, no need for the "is just not very smart" is simply not needed at all in your posting.
Personal attacks should be left for PVP, and are not needed on the boards.

Second of, you are tying the two together and there is no need to at all.
I can have a player with Terible Defensive Stats, but extrememly high hit, critical, etc, and be just about
invincible, and I'm sure this is what he meant. You read in that he was saying one and tying directly
to the other, when he was not.
Some of the best players that I have seen, have gone the route High damage, High Critical, and low
resist. They made the decsion if they constantly attack, they dont' need resist. The Opponent will be
healing so much, they won't be able to do damage.

I would also like to counter the "ICE is the invincible school.". I have taken down many Ice from
first and from second. I don't see Ice all that invinible to me, but then I know to Storm and Fire, they
can be a real pain.
Damage and critical don't really make you invincible; you can have a 110% damage with a 400 critical, and If I get off a good hit on your 30% resistance, you still die. I very rarely heal in pvp when fighting a storm or someone who is using storm tactics, because it's just a downhill slide once you start wasting pips on that. And the original posters name was "DatPyromancer."; to a pyromancer, ice is invincible, and sometimes literally if they get high enough resistance. On my spirit school characters I don't have problems with ices unless they have high universal resist, but so many of them use the crafted set for immunity that I rarely have that as an issue.

Explorer
Mar 06, 2010
84
Eric Crowspear on Jul 26, 2013 wrote:
You are very incorrect. Take storm and put them in ONE Azteca boss fight by themselves, and see how long they last. Just do that. Then you can talk about storm and their "best gear"
All you need is a high resist and Azteca is incredibly easy on I have one lvl 90 and he has 40 resist and Azteca has been a breeze.

Survivor
Nov 06, 2010
1
To be completely honest storm is very powerful compared to fire, which I am, and it is a bit unfair for fire in te arena. Other classes have multiple assets to help them win, while we have our efreet. That's it. And if you want to win like I do, try buying the archmage gear for fire in the crown shop, it turned my PvP battles around and surprised my storm opponents.

Seth Skullflame, Promethean Pyromancer

Survivor
Mar 15, 2012
2
i do not think it is right the way pvp is set up now people friends can see your spells before you use them and tell the person your fighting.i dont think it is fair that people watching a pvp match can see your stats and tell the other person your fighting.your stats should only beable to be seen during a match is with a teammate,and not way in heck is it fair for a level 12 myth to have better armor then a level ninty or be a pvp warlord with better stats then the highest level that is unfair i can see a level 50 having great stats but not anyone under that ,i am a level 90 my schools are balance storm myth death star sun and moon and getting beat by a level 15 kinda sucks if a saber tooth dont do anything backed up with feints hexs and blades then im not sure what wizards 101 think is fair play

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
169
DatPyromancer on Jul 25, 2013 wrote:
I have had enough with PvP. Every time I get paired with a warlord storm and get bolted to death. Nothing else. People say its fair that storm can have such power, for the sacrifice of health and accuracy, when in truth, IT's NOT. Storm has terrible defensive stats and accuracy, but it doesn't matter because KI gives them the best gear. They are practically invincible. I'm sick of being spammed by bolts. Not only is it not fair, it takes the fun out of PvP entirely. If KI was to prove they were fair with this, they would only let Storm duel Storm. I'd like to see how they like their own medicine. I never get to fight any other schools. Just a Transcended Storm Warlord. I know many people have complained. But no one needs to deny it. Storm has too much power!
You Can't just tell people that they can't deny it.

My Balance, My Ice, My Myth can all out tank a storm and build up for a hit big enough to OH-Ko them and its simple.

Death, Fire - We can shield and over attack you.

Storms weakness? Shields. Pack about 8 Tower shields and 6 elemental, 4 spirit. with 5 or 6 weakness and a storm will have a huge problem getting through your defense.

Eric Legendtamer, Master of 6 Schools 90 + 31, 48 + 3, 48, 76, 76 + 5 , 48 + 22
P.S I refuse to make a storm, they're too weak imo.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
953
1320Wraith on Jul 27, 2013 wrote:
Damage and critical don't really make you invincible; you can have a 110% damage with a 400 critical, and If I get off a good hit on your 30% resistance, you still die. I very rarely heal in pvp when fighting a storm or someone who is using storm tactics, because it's just a downhill slide once you start wasting pips on that. And the original posters name was "DatPyromancer."; to a pyromancer, ice is invincible, and sometimes literally if they get high enough resistance. On my spirit school characters I don't have problems with ices unless they have high universal resist, but so many of them use the crafted set for immunity that I rarely have that as an issue.
To 1320Wraith,

July 28th, 12:58 PvP 1v1 match, let us discuss invincibility...... just got done with another Jade match.
Jade player, Life Wizard with Myth Amulet, sitting at 78% resist across the boards.
I was absolutely shocked when I got to go second, I normally do, about 73% of the time.
Yes, I keep records of going 1st versus going second, and why I lost matches, etc.

Her tactic, become basically invincible, and run me out of cards, while putting the hammer to me in big hits.
Keep Fortify up, to bring up her resist to 93% across the board, and from second, guess what,
93% across the boards is pretty much invincible for a Balance.

When these players can stop any Blade build up, they can stop any Feint build up, you cannot
defeat them. Sooner or later, they will take you down, and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

At this point, I see PvP as broken, and that is my entire complaint. If you have no chance of winning from second, then there is a problem. This player was just a perfect example of what I have been talking about.

For Fire or Storm it's a different issue, not the same as a Balance player. They can stack blades and Traps, just Blades or just Traps. I have finally decided that Traps are most useful for my Fire, with the Myth Amulet.
The problem is we become reduced to one hit kills, and that imo just ruins the PvP game.
Skill becomes almost unneeded, it's stack, stack, shatter, and OHKO. A game you may enjoy, as the Jades, but certainly not me.

I waited over a hour to get my one level 90 match, and it was a Jade player. I noticed that there are only two Level 80-90 players in the top 100 on the leader boards. This is imo is exactly why so many have dropped back to level 50 and lower. 1v1 has become poisoned, as one player put it, and should be stayed away from. I don't want this, I really enjoyed 1v1 at this level, before the Jades took over.

I will state this again, I see no difference between a Puppet Team and a Jade player......

Survivor
Aug 20, 2011
7
KOblivion on Jul 28, 2013 wrote:
You Can't just tell people that they can't deny it.

My Balance, My Ice, My Myth can all out tank a storm and build up for a hit big enough to OH-Ko them and its simple.

Death, Fire - We can shield and over attack you.

Storms weakness? Shields. Pack about 8 Tower shields and 6 elemental, 4 spirit. with 5 or 6 weakness and a storm will have a huge problem getting through your defense.

Eric Legendtamer, Master of 6 Schools 90 + 31, 48 + 3, 48, 76, 76 + 5 , 48 + 22
P.S I refuse to make a storm, they're too weak imo.
I find that a great strategy, but even if I try, like i said, they go first always, and bolt it away.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
178
Veracity8 on Jul 28, 2013 wrote:
To 1320Wraith,

July 28th, 12:58 PvP 1v1 match, let us discuss invincibility...... just got done with another Jade match.
Jade player, Life Wizard with Myth Amulet, sitting at 78% resist across the boards.
I was absolutely shocked when I got to go second, I normally do, about 73% of the time.
Yes, I keep records of going 1st versus going second, and why I lost matches, etc.

Her tactic, become basically invincible, and run me out of cards, while putting the hammer to me in big hits.
Keep Fortify up, to bring up her resist to 93% across the board, and from second, guess what,
93% across the boards is pretty much invincible for a Balance.

When these players can stop any Blade build up, they can stop any Feint build up, you cannot
defeat them. Sooner or later, they will take you down, and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

At this point, I see PvP as broken, and that is my entire complaint. If you have no chance of winning from second, then there is a problem. This player was just a perfect example of what I have been talking about.

For Fire or Storm it's a different issue, not the same as a Balance player. They can stack blades and Traps, just Blades or just Traps. I have finally decided that Traps are most useful for my Fire, with the Myth Amulet.
The problem is we become reduced to one hit kills, and that imo just ruins the PvP game.
Skill becomes almost unneeded, it's stack, stack, shatter, and OHKO. A game you may enjoy, as the Jades, but certainly not me.

I waited over a hour to get my one level 90 match, and it was a Jade player. I noticed that there are only two Level 80-90 players in the top 100 on the leader boards. This is imo is exactly why so many have dropped back to level 50 and lower. 1v1 has become poisoned, as one player put it, and should be stayed away from. I don't want this, I really enjoyed 1v1 at this level, before the Jades took over.

I will state this again, I see no difference between a Puppet Team and a Jade player......
Yea I use a cheap notebook for each of my characters showing levels, ranks, spells casted, damage dealt, and stuff as well, it's useful to study. Glad you mentioned fortify as your 93% mechanism, because that's not how fortify works and that explains where you get the high resistances from. Fortify takes away 20%, and then your resist goes. So if you hit 1000 damage, Fortify takes it down to 800, and then 73% resist takes it down to 216 damage. That's a drop of about 78%(Rounding). Fortify doesn't help as much as you would think, but its still good because that going first in damage reduction means if you have a -20% Fortify up and a Tower Shield, with 50% resistance, and an enemy hits you for 10000 damage with Infallible 15% and a 5% pierce, it will negate the Fortify, and then take 50% and 50% to do 2500.
Trap enough to kill or at least get them healing, and you should be able to hit before they remove everything.

I'm surprised you didn't say anything about the 100%+ resistance to storm and fire that ices can get, especially considering that shielding over prisms really isn't that difficult. Personally high pet heals and heal cast rates are what ruins it mostly, if it was at least they have to spend pips healing off the damage you'd have time to get ready for more attacking.
Note that while there isn't many top 100 80's+(Yes sadly just the two since Haley SeaSinger, the only really good storm I know, dropped back), that also means that Jades aren't all getting lots of free wins either. There is strategies to beat them, just go and try some of them out.

Well for one a Puppet team has several people. You'd think that alone would separate a single person in Jade robes from someone with a low level teammate).

Kind of hopping back to this now, but "... you may enjoy, as the Jades..." thought I'd gotten this across before, but I use Jade gear mostly just in practice for fun, and when soloing in Azteca so I don't get slaughtered. My pvp gear set is my avalon crafted hat and robe with either Tricksy Boots or Marvelous Avenging Boots 90+, And I focus mainly on damage (with a 72% damage boost and 250 critical) with a 27% resistance universal, mostly trying to kill fairly fast. So please, just because I'm fine with Jade usage doesn't mean I use it regularly.

Mason ShadowwraithPromethean