Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

It's time for some pvp changes

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 30, 2010
ok, so I myself was a lvl 60 pvper back in 2011. But i noticed that lvl 80 and 90 is just too over powering with gear such as jade gear . I really think that it wasn't a smart move, I wouldn't ban it but I would retire it so people can no longer get it. Also I noticed favortism on schools. Seems like fire and storm once great competitors in pvp are now the worst. I still have a couple legends left but, I hate fighting lvl 90 privates when I just cant compete against them. I wish they would just make a 10 lvl rule so you cant fight anyone 10 lvls over yours or below. Armor pierce is a complete joke when you can put like 7 towers in deck not to mention other shields and weaknesses. The difference between now and the lvl 60 cap was it was fair back then. Now, people prob remember the temp spammers and smoke ones, but there was always a way to beat them, there were always ways to kill life wizards, and there were ways to kill ice wizards even when they had 60 universal. Now easy way to pvp warlord is a jade gear death plague spammer with a jade gear balance booster a jade gear life and a good ice with power. i really dont want to quit, but even my friends in game quitted already because of the bad updates.

Explorer
Apr 28, 2012
firemaster3917 on Feb 20, 2013 wrote:
ok, so I myself was a lvl 60 pvper back in 2011. But i noticed that lvl 80 and 90 is just too over powering with gear such as jade gear . I really think that it wasn't a smart move, I wouldn't ban it but I would retire it so people can no longer get it. Also I noticed favortism on schools. Seems like fire and storm once great competitors in pvp are now the worst. I still have a couple legends left but, I hate fighting lvl 90 privates when I just cant compete against them. I wish they would just make a 10 lvl rule so you cant fight anyone 10 lvls over yours or below. Armor pierce is a complete joke when you can put like 7 towers in deck not to mention other shields and weaknesses. The difference between now and the lvl 60 cap was it was fair back then. Now, people prob remember the temp spammers and smoke ones, but there was always a way to beat them, there were always ways to kill life wizards, and there were ways to kill ice wizards even when they had 60 universal. Now easy way to pvp warlord is a jade gear death plague spammer with a jade gear balance booster a jade gear life and a good ice with power. i really dont want to quit, but even my friends in game quitted already because of the bad updates.
Yeah, I agree with the "10-level-limit."

Survivor
Dec 11, 2011
One problem is that when you hit someone with a spell, often their pet will Cast a Healing spell for them. It's quite annoying and as life is, unfair. But I don't want to quit pvping, just like you said.

-Fallon WaterHaven
Level 30 Ice wizard

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Like you said, there are ways around everything. This includes Jade gear. (Almost no one uses it in 1v1) And since you said you pvped at level 60 you should know that Ice was serverly underpowered in a lot of pvp situations, and storm was the OP one....I'm not the only one who remembers that right? Anyways pierce is here for your enjoyment, also critical and feint have been put here for you to use against Jade. I do wish jade gear was restricted to one piece for pvp. Thats just what I think, but its here now so you gotta be prepared for anything. Also, I kinda like to go against high levels sometimes because when I beat them I feel bosslike. My bro and I pvped against to level 85s on my level 70 storm and his level 71 fire (they are both knight) and went second. We won how you ask? Strategy, this game was made for strategy and KI did a perfect job incorporating strategy into this game. So thumbs up KI!

Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade (Commander)

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
PvP has alot of problems and i hope they fix them someday.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
Its needed a rank for quite some time. People complain like always, it is inevitable. The jade gear offers no damage, or critical. Thats the balance for the resist.

Explorer
Apr 28, 2012
Brivid on Mar 18, 2013 wrote:
One problem is that when you hit someone with a spell, often their pet will Cast a Healing spell for them. It's quite annoying and as life is, unfair. But I don't want to quit pvping, just like you said.

-Fallon WaterHaven
Level 30 Ice wizard
Life is not unfair. It's WHOLE purpose is to heal and try to stay alive. That is its advantage. It has super weak attacks, so you won't even need to THINK about healing ( Although some lifes turn themselves into an attacker ).

Armiger
May 10, 2010
firemaster3917 on Feb 20, 2013 wrote:
Jade Gear might give good critical block and good resistance, but it has no stat boost. My storm met a life that was using level 90 Jade armor, they kept using guardian spirit, thinking, with their health, their resistance, and the ressurection spell, they could outlast my storm. They were wrong.

A good player can win no matter what is set in front of them. Granted maybe some changes are needed in PVP, but who is to say exactly what changes are needed?

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
Well, I haven’t quit PVP- just quit PVP with my hi-level Fire. I created low level fire & having a great time with them – y’know PVP of old. The battles are intense, don’t last hours & I believe this type of PVP fulfills the intent of what Kings Isle envision. I think KI has lost their way with hi-level PVP because there is no Balance any more. Sometimes when you grow too fast, you forget where you came from, & lose sight of the original Vision. KI has Lost their original Vision for PVP.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
I don’t understand why Ice is allowed to have ridiculously high resistance against Fire & Storm. It’s taken the competition & fun out of PVP for fire. Fire now needs to do so many ‘special things’ in order to compete against ice–converts, infallible, critical. However, all these things come at a huge cost against other schools. And, it’s easy for ice to defend. Ice shield takes care of the converts. And Ice DOESN’T need to carry Converts, Infallible or anything special. They just sit back & battle with 5,000 health, & 80 resist. And, if my deck is set up for Ice, & if I face a myth, death, or storm, then it’s a lost cause. All fires know what I am talking about. Not sure where the fairness is when one school has to do so many ‘special things’ to compete, while the other school doesn’t need to do any of that. Here is my take on how poor the fire updates are:
1. Most level 90 Fires still use level 60 WW gear because there isn't better global gear.
2.Storm has disarm for 1pip. Fire has steal charm for 1pip. Storm gets enfeeble for 3pips. Fire should get an enhanced Steal charm for3 pips–Steal all blades. However, fire got nothing. It seems to me Fire should get POWER STEAL CHARM in the same sense of Link and Powerlink. An enhanced Steal Charm update should have happened when the enfeeble update came.
3. Detonate & backdraft are too expensive in pips for little return. No fires use these in PVP.
KI, please read the comments from other fires & take steps to rebalance the Spiral.