Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

It's official, the new Overpowered School is?

1
AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
LOL

Well, first of all, I have to say, that I love all the new gear! I love all the new boosts! Wow, what a game!

Yes, I have even found the Mastery School Life Amulet!

However, I must say! That to me, the most overpowered and deadliest school right now, is LIFE!!!

OMG, the power of Storm, the health and resistance of Ice, a healing ability that only they have! The only thing life is missing, is a DOT Spell!
However, you get life a Fire Amulet, or even Ice if you have to, and watch out, because then they can tear through shields. Not that many people carry life shields on them anyway, most of it is Tower and with their new critical rating!!! Watch out now!

Not that I don't love all the other schools, every school is great, Even Death is on a major warpath again, now that Crow can do massive damage!

Are we having fun yet? I know I am! See you on the battlefield...

DarthJT

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
575
Don't forget Talos! He has a thousand health and can cast minotaur! :O

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
957
Darthjt,

I will have to say Storm, is the new school to beat, and here's why.
Put the Life Amulet on it and it can stay alive in 1v1. Add that to it's incredible damage and what a PvP player.

Based on what I have seeing, I would like to suggest the newest ranking of Wizards.

Storm. (with life Amulet)
Fire (with myth or Life Amulet)
Myth (with Storm or Life Amulet)
Death (with amulet, etc)
Balance
Life
Ice.

This is after the Amulets, but before Wintertusk......

Joe,

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
1205
Lion359 wrote:
Darthjt,

I will have to say Storm, is the new school to beat, and here's why.
Put the Life Amulet on it and it can stay alive in 1v1. Add that to it's incredible damage and what a PvP player.

Based on what I have seeing, I would like to suggest the newest ranking of Wizards.

Storm. (with life Amulet)
Fire (with myth or Life Amulet)
Myth (with Storm or Life Amulet)
Death (with amulet, etc)
Balance
Life
Ice.

This is after the Amulets, but before Wintertusk......

Joe,


I evidently rank balance and life much higher than tyou do and drop storm lower. Ice is still hard to kill and with their 30% shield all, I rank them much higher in terms of team play. I'd rank death dead last except for its beguile card which is more like a PvP cheat type of card that doesn't play well in actual game play.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
seasnake wrote:
Lion359 wrote:
Darthjt,

I will have to say Storm, is the new school to beat, and here's why.
Put the Life Amulet on it and it can stay alive in 1v1. Add that to it's incredible damage and what a PvP player.

Based on what I have seeing, I would like to suggest the newest ranking of Wizards.

Storm. (with life Amulet)
Fire (with myth or Life Amulet)
Myth (with Storm or Life Amulet)
Death (with amulet, etc)
Balance
Life
Ice.

This is after the Amulets, but before Wintertusk......

Joe,


I evidently rank balance and life much higher than tyou do and drop storm lower. Ice is still hard to kill and with their 30% shield all, I rank them much higher in terms of team play. I'd rank death dead last except for its beguile card which is more like a PvP cheat type of card that doesn't play well in actual game play.


You are seriously underestimating the power of death, especially with the new gear and being able to put gargantuan on any of deaths spells!!!

And as for Joe, we are talking the here and now, after wintertusk update and with new Legendary gear! Have you seen the stats! WOW

All the schools look awesome and powerful! Good thing ice has lots of health, because that is it's only bonus!

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
548
Joseph you underestimate balance on your list. Balance equipped with a myth amulet can be a devastating combination in 1 vs 1, with cards like mutate Minotaur balance will have a vast array of blades to use making them highly unpredictable and very dangerous in the arena. With a new and more powerful healing spell balance will rely less on life school making them a proficient choice

Defender
May 21, 2009
142
YESSSSSSS! I'm in the most overpowered & deadliest school


Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
1205
darthjt wrote:
seasnake wrote:
Lion359 wrote:
Darthjt,

I will have to say Storm, is the new school to beat, and here's why.
Put the Life Amulet on it and it can stay alive in 1v1. Add that to it's incredible damage and what a PvP player.

Based on what I have seeing, I would like to suggest the newest ranking of Wizards.

Storm. (with life Amulet)
Fire (with myth or Life Amulet)
Myth (with Storm or Life Amulet)
Death (with amulet, etc)
Balance
Life
Ice.

This is after the Amulets, but before Wintertusk......

Joe,


I evidently rank balance and life much higher than tyou do and drop storm lower. Ice is still hard to kill and with their 30% shield all, I rank them much higher in terms of team play. I'd rank death dead last except for its beguile card which is more like a PvP cheat type of card that doesn't play well in actual game play.


You are seriously underestimating the power of death, especially with the new gear and being able to put gargantuan on any of deaths spells!!!

And as for Joe, we are talking the here and now, after wintertusk update and with new Legendary gear! Have you seen the stats! WOW

All the schools look awesome and powerful! Good thing ice has lots of health, because that is it's only bonus!


I have a level 51 death at the moment and am not sure how well its damage will be plussing up. I just see death player after death player doing such horrible damage and prefer not to even play with death because of it. This may be due to a lack of good death players which I could really see happening.

Explorer
Jan 07, 2010
89
Lion359 wrote:
Darthjt,

I will have to say Storm, is the new school to beat, and here's why.
Put the Life Amulet on it and it can stay alive in 1v1. Add that to it's incredible damage and what a PvP player.

Based on what I have seeing, I would like to suggest the newest ranking of Wizards.

Storm. (with life Amulet)
Fire (with myth or Life Amulet)
Myth (with Storm or Life Amulet)
Death (with amulet, etc)
Balance
Life
Ice.

This is after the Amulets, but before Wintertusk......

Joe,


I have to admit thatI am disappointed with the new updates, I mean its great for all the schools to have such high resistance now, but whats the point of being ice anymore? Now that everyone else has comparable defense with the new gear, and ices new gear is lame, whats the point? they didn't increase ice's hit power or pips, so now they have made the schools uneven IMO, Now they need to raise Ice's hit power, critical chance, critical resist, and power pip chance up toward other schools, since the other schools defenses are up close to ice. You all wanted ice to lose defense or bring yours up closer to ice, so now that that has happened only fair for ice's other stats to be brought up closer to all other schools. They cant make one stat more equal and leave ice's only plus not a plus anymore. Just today I saw 2 legends in pvp, the ice had 41% resist with level 58 and 1 level 60 gear and the other with all level 60 gear have 37% resist overall with 57% power boost on hits with ice's 18%, now tell me how ice has the defensive advantage now? They clearly dont. So now that KI has taken away Ice's unique status, they KI might as well make all schools generic since you cannot quell dissent and boost all other schools and clearly make one school lose out, now you need to boost the other stats for ice and make them more equal to the other schools.

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
160
You had your long time in the sun Ice let others have some too.

Because we all know that the sun melts ice.

I'm sure the pendulum will swing once again your way.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
548
evildroid wrote:
have to admit thatI am disappointed with the new updates, I mean its great for all the schools to have such high resistance now, but whats the point of being ice anymore? Now that everyone else has comparable defense with the new gear, and ices new gear is lame, whats the point? they didn't increase ice's hit power or pips, so now they have made the schools uneven IMO, Now they need to raise Ice's hit power, critical chance, critical resist, and power pip chance up toward other schools, since the other schools defenses are up close to ice. You all wanted ice to lose defense or bring yours up closer to ice, so now that that has happened only fair for ice's other stats to be brought up closer to all other schools. They cant make one stat more equal and leave ice's only plus not a plus anymore. Just today I saw 2 legends in pvp, the ice had 41% resist with level 58 and 1 level 60 gear and the other with all level 60 gear have 37% resist overall with 57% power boost on hits with ice's 18%, now tell me how ice has the defensive advantage now? They clearly dont. So now that KI has taken away Ice's unique status, they KI might as well make all schools generic since you cannot quell dissent and boost all other schools and clearly make one school lose out, now you need to boost the other stats for ice and make them more equal to the other schools.
KI did a great job of balancing pvp with the new defensive gear. I'd point out to you that ice still has the most universal resist from the waterworks gear set and also gets critical chance and block. Things are getting rough in pve, I think in worlds to come resist universal resist will be a requirement of all schools. As far as pvp is concerned ice needed to be nerfed, everyone could see what was going on in arena. Tell me how ice, still with the highest universal resist and mountains of health, is not the most defensive school? KI even increased the hit value on ice colossus and with the amulets ice can hit hard like storm so there is no point complaining about a newly balanced arena. Ice will now just have to make gear choices like the rest of the schools did. Something had to give.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
705
LOL darthj,

I'll take that as a compliment!

Now, could the other schools learn to heal? Maybe get the mastery life amulet and contribute to the team, instead of begging Theurgists to "heal me, heal me", as if it's our sole task in the game? I get so tired of that. Iridian likes to fight

Cya in PvP,

Iridian Shadowweaver, Legendary Theurgist, GM Artisan & Gardener

Adherent
May 20, 2010
2902
The most overpowered school is the one that just defeated the wizard who's complaining.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
957
colagada wrote:
The most overpowered school is the one that just defeated the wizard who's complaining.


Lol, so true, this made me break out laughing....

On the complaint on Ice losing it's only advantage, I will have to agree.
Ice had a talent that now everyone has, but they did bring up Ice's critical rating, quite a bit.
Now add Ice's new critical rating, it's increase in life, and I think overall, the wizards are still balanced.
You do have to craft some stuff for Ice, to keep him in the running.
You do need some of the level 60 gear, but he is still a foe to be look at.

Joe.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
1205
Ice is still strong and with their ability to shield all they look and feel like ice should be. Ice still gets their resist all equipment earlier than anyone else and at the upper levels it is important that all schools be able to resist all others for the simple reason that when the game increases damage at higher levels the game can also increase resistances to make the game far more controllable in such a way that fights can remain challenging. This means that high level characters will become way stronger when compared with lower level characters, but that is the way it should be. Ice currently has more mass attack spells than any other school and the most self and team protection options. I no longer see people not wanting to play with ice because the school is weak, I think good an ice... deal damage and protect us.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
11
seasnake wrote:
darthjt wrote:
seasnake wrote:
Lion359 wrote:
Darthjt,

I will have to say Storm, is the new school to beat, and here's why.
Put the Life Amulet on it and it can stay alive in 1v1. Add that to it's incredible damage and what a PvP player.

Based on what I have seeing, I would like to suggest the newest ranking of Wizards.

Storm. (with life Amulet)
Fire (with myth or Life Amulet)
Myth (with Storm or Life Amulet)
Death (with amulet, etc)
Balance
Life
Ice.

This is after the Amulets, but before Wintertusk......

Joe,


I evidently rank balance and life much higher than tyou do and drop storm lower. Ice is still hard to kill and with their 30% shield all, I rank them much higher in terms of team play. I'd rank death dead last except for its beguile card which is more like a PvP cheat type of card that doesn't play well in actual game play.


You are seriously underestimating the power of death, especially with the new gear and being able to put gargantuan on any of deaths spells!!!

And as for Joe, we are talking the here and now, after wintertusk update and with new Legendary gear! Have you seen the stats! WOW

All the schools look awesome and powerful! Good thing ice has lots of health, because that is it's only bonus!


I have a level 51 death at the moment and am not sure how well its damage will be plussing up. I just see death player after death player doing such horrible damage and prefer not to even play with death because of it. This may be due to a lack of good death players which I could really see happening.


Hey am a lvl 60 death and have 75 base damage i can hit crazy and have a great critical i still think our dragon spell is bad it can be good at times but its very underpowered compared to the other schools

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
1008
Lion359 wrote:
colagada wrote:
The most overpowered school is the one that just defeated the wizard who's complaining.


Lol, so true, this made me break out laughing....

On the complaint on Ice losing it's only advantage, I will have to agree.
Ice had a talent that now everyone has, but they did bring up Ice's critical rating, quite a bit.
Now add Ice's new critical rating, it's increase in life, and I think overall, the wizards are still balanced.
You do have to craft some stuff for Ice, to keep him in the running.
You do need some of the level 60 gear, but he is still a foe to be look at.

Joe.


Hey Lion... I think its important to note that with the waterworks gear, the ice critical rating was not brought up at all. Its simply that no ice in his right mind ever used the crafted gear due to the complete loss of their resistance. However, the crit ratings on the hat and robe are identical to those on the level 55 crafted. The waterworks gear appears to be an amalgam of crafted and celestian level 58 gear... though ice appears to have traded 5 more points of crit block or an approximately 1.25% chance of blocking crit (vs. the majority of other schools) for 5% of their resistance...

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
@ DarkWolf,

How do you see Death, as being underpowered? Just a question, I would like this information to be shared, not just stated, because my death wizard is far from underpowere, he is overpowered if anything!

Survivor
Dec 23, 2010
33


i completely agree, i have a level 48 death wizard and have seen the drgon spell in action, it is awesome. death underpowered I THINK NOT. i havent really used gear yet cause i not high enough level but i have heard good reviews and cant wait to use it.

i completely agree darthjt
good call

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
332

Oh lord! Another tug-o-war and who is overpowered!

Dare I dream of a time when we can say no school is overpowered? *sighs*

i don't know who puts storm at the top of the list but with 2300 health, I don't see how storm can live long enough to be overpowered.

Life. i wouldn't say they are over powered, I would say KI gave them the power to duel. Before, I would boldly say, I could never loose to a life wizard but they have come a long way and have grown powerful. Still i wouldn't put life above balance. Balance only counter still remains a tower shield and they have comparable health to life, great pip chance, a 4 pip spell that heals for the same amount as a satyr. Balance can remain undefeated if you know your school. A feint will offset the tower shield and there goes your opponent.

Anyways, hope we not planning to throw life under the bus like we did Ice.

Death still struggles Darthjt. Death struggles to climb from the bottom wrung of the ladder but is still struggling. even with the power to enchent drain spells. You have to be a very skilled death wizard to win a pvp match.

My suggestion to death wizards is to start acting like a fire wiz, use poison and ghoul. make treasure ghoul with gargantuan and use those in place of a pixie.

Anyways, I'd put death at the bottom right now.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
NicoUzumaki wrote:

Oh lord! Another tug-o-war and who is overpowered!

Dare I dream of a time when we can say no school is overpowered? *sighs*

i don't know who puts storm at the top of the list but with 2300 health, I don't see how storm can live long enough to be overpowered.

Life. i wouldn't say they are over powered, I would say KI gave them the power to duel. Before, I would boldly say, I could never loose to a life wizard but they have come a long way and have grown powerful. Still i wouldn't put life above balance. Balance only counter still remains a tower shield and they have comparable health to life, great pip chance, a 4 pip spell that heals for the same amount as a satyr. Balance can remain undefeated if you know your school. A feint will offset the tower shield and there goes your opponent.

Anyways, hope we not planning to throw life under the bus like we did Ice.

Death still struggles Darthjt. Death struggles to climb from the bottom wrung of the ladder but is still struggling. even with the power to enchent drain spells. You have to be a very skilled death wizard to win a pvp match.

My suggestion to death wizards is to start acting like a fire wiz, use poison and ghoul. make treasure ghoul with gargantuan and use those in place of a pixie.

Anyways, I'd put death at the bottom right now.


Well, not to brag, or atleast not to brag too much.... I was recently in a battle, it was a 2v2 ranked match... My partner was storm and I was life and we faced 2 balance wizards, & 1 of them had the life amulet. Anyway, they were both well prepared for storm, they spammed storm shields left and right, using storm shield by itself, using the fire/storm shield, and the balance elemental shield...

It was actually a fun dual, because it was not really a 2v2 fight since they played like this, it was a 2v1 fight. I played very defensively and put on tower shield after tower shield, and stacked treasures on top of regular tower shields... They still hit their critical RA, killed storm and of course, I hit my critical satyr and brough him back, although, it never did do me much good, but I had to play my role...

Anyhow, to make a long story short, feint + Life Blade + Gargantuan Forest Lord & Centaur made the difference and I defeated the Balance... They played pretty good, although they could have done a few things differently and better...

Still, can't say that life is easily upset by balance... Considering any good player has trained feint and tower shield....

As for death, you would not believe some of the good strategies that I have and that I have seen with death wizards... Not sure how you rank them on the bottom, but they are far from it... Take Fire for instance... If fire uses Efreet on them and hits them for mass damage, it's simple, cast sacrifice and heal yourself completely with the -90% it leaves... Or, if you are low on pips and it did not do much damage, cast empower and gain pips quickly for that needed attack...

Sorry, but I really can't see how anyone thinks or sees death as the bottom rung of PvP...

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
40
If every school is overpowered it would make the whole playing game fair.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
346
christopher62597 wrote:
YESSSSSSS! I'm in the most overpowered & deadliest school

Your happy to be complained about?

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
202
my death now with pet with blades wintertusk gear craftgear with extra blades wand with balance blade critical at 122 75 to damage, Ill say death can hold its own,and in the hands of a (I dont mean me)good PvPer they could own in PvP.

Any way its nice to know iam overpowered lol

Michael RedBlood Death

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
153
darthjt wrote:
They still hit their critical RA, killed storm and of course, I hit my critical satyr and brough him back, although, it never did do me much good, but I had to play my role...


LOL? Can you explain how bringing back storm didnt do you much good in legend 2v2 fighting? :(

1