Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

It's just a game, or maybe not so.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
My younger brother Fred and I where talking last night, and I said, "Ok, yeah, but it's just a game, it doesn't really matter".

Here is basically his reply,,,,

"No it's not a game, it's a virtual world and pvp is part of that of that world. Here you make great friends that you keep for as long as you play the game. Your friends in school that play can become better friends, and that can last forever. Here you are looked up to or looked down upond depending on your rank and the friends you keep. You have to work here to get gold, and you have to learn just like in school. Virtual worlds are not just a game, it's more than that." ..... (he said more but I can't remember it all).

I kinda looked at him and laughed,..... but does anyone else think like this?

A bit confused on his reply,
Joe.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
My family members said the same thing about the Robotic Operating Buddy (R.O.B.) while playing Gyromite on the Nintendo Entertainment System. While that "friend" lasted for the life of the game, there weren't many games to play with that friend. R.O.B. would always look up to you no matter your rank (all you had to do was push a button). It was, however, problematic for real life friends, since R.O.B. would take their spot in front of the TV.