Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is this legit?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 29, 2014
So I've recently started focusing more on 2v2 and things were going pretty well. Until today lol. My partner and I (level 25 warlord(1100+) and 22 captain(746) respectively) went up against a girl who had 2 accounts, a level 35 veteran and a level 40 commander. They(she) beat us fair and square for 5 rounds. Yes, we lost to her 5 times. Because of the wins, the girl got her veteran to knight and her commander to warlord.

Obviously frustrated, me and my partner decided that we didn't want to fight them anymore so my partner went onto her level 18 myth (rank 1023) whilst i stayed on my level 22 ice which fell 710. Now we were sure we wouldn't be matched against a level 40 warlord and her level 35 knight but NOPES. We were still matched against them. Btw my friend doesn't have the full commander gear while that new level 40 warlord does.

So yeah my question is is this matching system legit? Or is there like a hack? Not bitter or anything (k maybe a little :P) but am really confused cause that's pretty messed up! I mean my friend's level 18 has 800+ health and i've got 1300+ while they both have over 1600! Btw still fairly new to the whole pvp system so pardon my ignorance.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
No, it's not a hack. This is what happens when PvP dies at the root. There aren't enough opponents anymore to ensure that people can be matched fairly, so it matches you unfairly. Second Age introduced a number of problems for us, one of the biggest of which is a failure to invite non-Warlord, non-hardcore players into its ranks.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/player-vs-player/concerned-w101-pvp-seems-to-be-dying-at-the-root-8ad6a41a4ac3b12f014ac703b9ca2aa2?page=1

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
crayoticalitic on Apr 27, 2015 wrote:
So I've recently started focusing more on 2v2 and things were going pretty well. Until today lol. My partner and I (level 25 warlord(1100+) and 22 captain(746) respectively) went up against a girl who had 2 accounts, a level 35 veteran and a level 40 commander. They(she) beat us fair and square for 5 rounds. Yes, we lost to her 5 times. Because of the wins, the girl got her veteran to knight and her commander to warlord.

Obviously frustrated, me and my partner decided that we didn't want to fight them anymore so my partner went onto her level 18 myth (rank 1023) whilst i stayed on my level 22 ice which fell 710. Now we were sure we wouldn't be matched against a level 40 warlord and her level 35 knight but NOPES. We were still matched against them. Btw my friend doesn't have the full commander gear while that new level 40 warlord does.

So yeah my question is is this matching system legit? Or is there like a hack? Not bitter or anything (k maybe a little :P) but am really confused cause that's pretty messed up! I mean my friend's level 18 has 800+ health and i've got 1300+ while they both have over 1600! Btw still fairly new to the whole pvp system so pardon my ignorance.
well i'm not going against having 2 accounts because it could come in handy with quests but with something like this it's kind of unfair really.