Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

is this even "fair"

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 07, 2009
i know that pvp is based on rankings but i just think its wrong for me to only gain like 4 points when i beat a grand (sometimes even down rank private or even as high has a vetran grand at times. but if they beat me like you would expect a grand mast to do to an adept i lose sometimes over 30 points i have a 63-12 record in pvp with my adept life but i am still stuck at knight because everytime i spend hours slowing ranking up and putting together sometimes as much as 10 game win streaks i get put up against an almostg impossible opponent for my lvl to beat and i lose 30 points in one match. i will never get anywhere like this and i know im not this only one sick of this.

and before someone says just lvl my wizard i choose not too i have enough grands on my account i should be allowed to fairly compete with my adept too
afterall i do pay for this

Survivor
Jan 23, 2009
They do try to look for your level and rank when being matched. There probably arent many people your level, as most people wait till they are grandmasters to even touch the arena. As of now you will just have to deal with it unless more lower levels start to pvp more. I doubt they will make it so you can only face your level range. They have a system that looks for your level range and rank, but the longer you wait the more likely you face a grand. The only thing you can do is que for a match and exit the que after 10 minutes or so. It's not the best system, but you cant solve the lack of lower levels in arena.

Survivor
Dec 07, 2009
i understand that and honestly i dont mind fighting high levels that mech its just the fact that i lose so many points for losing to a grand. and win so little for beating them. just because i'm a higher rank doesnt mean i have an advantage against someone twice my level

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
CFuquay wrote:
i know that pvp is based on rankings but i just think its wrong for me to only gain like 4 points when i beat a grand (sometimes even down rank private or even as high has a vetran grand at times. but if they beat me like you would expect a grand mast to do to an adept i lose sometimes over 30 points i have a 63-12 record in pvp with my adept life but i am still stuck at knight because everytime i spend hours slowing ranking up and putting together sometimes as much as 10 game win streaks i get put up against an almostg impossible opponent for my lvl to beat and i lose 30 points in one match. i will never get anywhere like this and i know im not this only one sick of this.

and before someone says just lvl my wizard i choose not too i have enough grands on my account i should be allowed to fairly compete with my adept too
afterall i do pay for this

That is way too much of a point loss.