Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is PvP destroyed now.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Friday night, often the biggest night for PvP. My favorite night for
getting a fast fight in. I log on, and I see a total of 4 ranked fights.
I mean 4 total going on, and they were all 1v1, none others.
Two Lifes waiting outside to PvP, with no fights for them.
After 10 minutes it went up to 5 fights, has KI finally destroyed PvP?

After 2 hours I logged off, no matches for 1v1 and it's still early.
I guess I will be playing Zombies for the rest of the night......

Joe.

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
I am not sure if it is destroy, but it seems to have been greatly ruined. In my personal opinion it seems to be the players, but not KI which have been ruining PvP. Players complain for much about all sorts of aspects in PvP. Here are some of the things that players have complained about:
1. 2 pip wild bolt for 30 accuracy.
Wild bolt was eventually changed to chance of 10, 100 or 100 for 70% accuracy.
2. Resistances and negatives.
Armor piercing has been added to the game that can equal all global resistance. Many would have disagreed with this being added to the game.
3. Two pip wands.
People complained about these and they were removed.
4. Healing in general
Many people very often complain about healing. I have heard, people say things before like life is a cheaters school, or healing should not be allowed in PvP. There are some players who would ask players to stop healing during matches or insult players for this.
5. Stuns and zero pip dispels.
Stuns have been practically made into uselessness with automatic stun shields, stun resist, and the stun shield spell. Dispels tend have have lost their useful and not necessary do much in battle these days. There has been an enormous amount of complaining because of these.
------------------------------
Npcs do not complain if they are outmatched, but some humans might complain even if they are outmatches just a little. It is because of all this complaining about people trying change aspects of the game that PvP is getting ruined. It also concerns me about the influences that some of these complaints have over KI.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Actually there's a glitch or problem where you can't see all the ranked matches going on, that's why sometimes to me I see absolutely none going on in the afternoon but when I sign up I get a match in 5 minutes.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
Friday night, often the biggest night for PvP. My favorite night for
getting a fast fight in. I log on, and I see a total of 4 ranked fights.
I mean 4 total going on, and they were all 1v1, none others.
Two Lifes waiting outside to PvP, with no fights for them.
After 10 minutes it went up to 5 fights, has KI finally destroyed PvP?

After 2 hours I logged off, no matches for 1v1 and it's still early.
I guess I will be playing Zombies for the rest of the night......

Joe.

If I don't find a ranked pvp match, I just look for some in practice pvp. Sometimes warlords hang in there at night because they don't want to lose their rank.

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
Right. There are rarely 2v2 now because of puppet teams. 4v4 is full of Earthquake and Tempest Spam. 1v1 if full of Life living forever, and nobody really does 3v3. I'm just going to say that KI has destroyed PvP. All these useless spells, and overpowered spells. But now they need to balance out PvE, and PvP. It's hard for them to do that. But even on a Saturday there are less that 10 matches in the afternoon. Something is wrong.

Explorer
Mar 13, 2009
I think there are 2 main reasons. Many ppl are working on Avalon and also I know a lot of ppl are staying away until some of the issues are resolved in pvp.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
SantaIceBurg wrote:
Right. There are rarely 2v2 now because of puppet teams. 4v4 is full of Earthquake and Tempest Spam. 1v1 if full of Life living forever, and nobody really does 3v3. I'm just going to say that KI has destroyed PvP. All these useless spells, and overpowered spells. But now they need to balance out PvE, and PvP. It's hard for them to do that. But even on a Saturday there are less that 10 matches in the afternoon. Something is wrong.

Strange thing is the new utility spells were really meant for pvp, now we have nothing for pve, and some of these spells are too good to beat.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
TheDarkestMask wrote:
Actually there's a glitch or problem where you can't see all the ranked matches going on, that's why sometimes to me I see absolutely none going on in the afternoon but when I sign up I get a match in 5 minutes.

TheDarkestMask,

Wish I had thought of that name, I really like it.
On the glitch, it's been there for a while now, I know that when I open the screen, I need to wait for about 2 to 4 minutes for all the matches to show up. They must have changed something in the program, cause it certainly works differently.
More work for KI, I guess.

Joe.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
It's prime time wizarding right now, and I just went searching for a 1v1 PvP game. There wasn't a single wizard over level 70 playing 1v1 PvP. This could be due to a few things:

1. People aren't too happy with the new spells.
2. People don't want to take a chance of getting involved in a several hour long match.
3. The rudeness factor has gotten out of hand, and people just don't want to deal with it.
4. Diablo 3 came out.

I still find myself craving a good PvP match, but I'm also losing interest. Maybe that happens after several thousand matches. Recently I played a balance who spammed Super Nova, so I never got above 3 pip slots. That alone was annoying enough for me to re-think about doing 1v1 PvP.

Well, time to head back to Diablo 3. :D

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
Well Gee Joe, now maybe you can see what I have been talking about this whole time XD stinks huh