Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is PvP Becoming...More Dead?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
Is PvP becoming more dead? Sometimes (not all the time) I would only see about 2-3 matches in the 2v2 section, most of the time I would see only about 1 page of PvP matches in the 2v2 section. Most of the I would only see about 0 matches in the 3v3 and 4v4 section. I love team PvP and I don't want it to go to the point it's dead like 3v3 and 4v4. Having 3v3 and 4v4 dead is already enough.

I feel like PvP is dying because of critical, pierce, and OP spells. Exalted we can get block, yes, but for middle level, it's hard for them. Middle levels (Grandmaster, Legendary) face Exalteds with high critical, pierce, shadow spells, and OP spells.

Do you think PvP is going to die soon?

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Yes. Pvp has ben vastly ignored as far as it's needs, and the result is that it has lost the majority of it's base. Unless KI takes drastic measures, it is indeed doomed.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
PvP has already collapsed at its root. Shadow Enhanced spells deal more damage per pip than any heal spell does per pip (except Sprite, which is inefficient), and Exalted wizards have as much trouble as lower levels surviving other Exalted wizards. Defense has gone down the drain, and the most recommended level for PvP is 35 at the moment.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
SparkleFountain,

I don't think it will ever die, but I doubt that it will ever gain the following, it had at one time.

Many didn't like critical when it first came out, but KI decided that is the way the game would go.
Lots of people complained about the lack of Critical Block, but it didn't change.
Many didn't like the overpowered spells, but almost all of them stayed.
Many didn't like the Peirce Jewels, but they are here to stay (even though some schools have a hard time getting them). The list goes on and on, but the refusal to listen to the constant complaints and do something has
all but killed PvP.

There is no reason at all to play 3v3 or 4v4, the spells are just too powerful at level 100. The you have
the stun groups, the all Storms, etc, etc.
Why are the spells way to powerful? One reason is because of the first turn advantage, another item that should have been changed a long, long time ago, but is still here. I often ask myself why hasn't it been changed, for what reason would they keep it. I have never been able to answer that question, and most likely never will.

Very few play 2v2, why, because the chance to be beat by someone with no experience is far too great.
The extreme critical has all but ruined PvP, why because the game won't add enough critical block for the
average player.

1v1 at top level is also a joke, I was just hit by a storm that dropped me over 1400 on the first turn.
The next turn I was stunned and the next I put up conviction, thinking I could hold off a critical.
The very next turn I was hit by a critical bug for over 5000, and the match was over.
This is how PvP has been designed, and it's why so many are quitting, it's not worth playing anymore.
These are the reason why I have gone back to LOL.

For me, PvP was the only item that I enjoyed in the game. Trying to lock the other player out, so I could
finally win the match. The thinking is all but gone in PvP now, it's now who can get the first shadow pip.

Explorer
Jan 15, 2013
SparkleFountain101 on Jun 10, 2015 wrote:
Is PvP becoming more dead? Sometimes (not all the time) I would only see about 2-3 matches in the 2v2 section, most of the time I would see only about 1 page of PvP matches in the 2v2 section. Most of the I would only see about 0 matches in the 3v3 and 4v4 section. I love team PvP and I don't want it to go to the point it's dead like 3v3 and 4v4. Having 3v3 and 4v4 dead is already enough.

I feel like PvP is dying because of critical, pierce, and OP spells. Exalted we can get block, yes, but for middle level, it's hard for them. Middle levels (Grandmaster, Legendary) face Exalteds with high critical, pierce, shadow spells, and OP spells.

Do you think PvP is going to die soon?
I'm not sure... I almost wish there weren't any block and critical in pvp, I feel like it's not as lighthearted and fun as it used to be (granted the same goes for pve, at times).

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Yep. You might look at PvP and say it's still living, but it's not. It's just that the rest of the game keeps poking the remains every time there's an update. KI attempted a defibrillation with free tournament member benefit. Right after that, there were faint signs of activity. Then right back to dead.

I still do practice PvP, which is very much alive. Lots of matches, matches everywhere. Players in general enjoy Practice PvP more because the Ranked PvP matching system has no power there.

Defender
Sep 17, 2011
The name of the topic is wrong.
PvP is note dying it mostly is dead.
As unfortunate as it is but its true.

Nicholas Star

Survivor
May 24, 2015
You have to prepare a whole new wizard just to get good at pvp at an early stage most schools like balance,ice, and fire are the main schools that are good at pvp so yeah it's kinda one sided.

Defender
Jun 13, 2009
Veracity8 on Jun 11, 2015 wrote:
SparkleFountain,

I don't think it will ever die, but I doubt that it will ever gain the following, it had at one time.

Many didn't like critical when it first came out, but KI decided that is the way the game would go.
Lots of people complained about the lack of Critical Block, but it didn't change.
Many didn't like the overpowered spells, but almost all of them stayed.
Many didn't like the Peirce Jewels, but they are here to stay (even though some schools have a hard time getting them). The list goes on and on, but the refusal to listen to the constant complaints and do something has
all but killed PvP.

There is no reason at all to play 3v3 or 4v4, the spells are just too powerful at level 100. The you have
the stun groups, the all Storms, etc, etc.
Why are the spells way to powerful? One reason is because of the first turn advantage, another item that should have been changed a long, long time ago, but is still here. I often ask myself why hasn't it been changed, for what reason would they keep it. I have never been able to answer that question, and most likely never will.

Very few play 2v2, why, because the chance to be beat by someone with no experience is far too great.
The extreme critical has all but ruined PvP, why because the game won't add enough critical block for the
average player.

1v1 at top level is also a joke, I was just hit by a storm that dropped me over 1400 on the first turn.
The next turn I was stunned and the next I put up conviction, thinking I could hold off a critical.
The very next turn I was hit by a critical bug for over 5000, and the match was over.
This is how PvP has been designed, and it's why so many are quitting, it's not worth playing anymore.
These are the reason why I have gone back to LOL.

For me, PvP was the only item that I enjoyed in the game. Trying to lock the other player out, so I could
finally win the match. The thinking is all but gone in PvP now, it's now who can get the first shadow pip.
I agree with this 100%, this is so true and it is the reason why PvP is dying, well said Veracity8

Mason Greenbane Exalted