Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is it really fair that I have PVP for spell?

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jan 23, 2009
412
I had conviction but when I bought back my TPs I lost the card. Now I have to be a sgt in PVP to get it.

Why? I used to like PVP and now I don't like going near that cyberbully hang out. It's not fair to ask us to have to play that side of the game. I am all for encouragement and you do this a number of times with the guardian of the arena. But we earn training points, and we should be able to use them without a second test. This just makes an unnecessary obstacle. All I wanted was confection. The other card is private and anyone can get it. So why the add an addition task for the other?

Please rethink this. It's unfair to anyone who had it and lost it and now has to play PvP to get it again. Especially since you reset our badges every once and again.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
848
A good point. Same thing happened to me. I contacted support about it ,and they were less than helpful. I don't pvp on my life anymore, and shouldn't be held accountable since they were the ones who reset the ranks.

Geographer
Dec 16, 2009
944
I disagree. Many objects spells etc are behind a barrier that requires participation to unlock. Crafted gear requires the appropriate crafting level, gardening spells require the appropriate gardening levels, certain energy gear requires the appropriate derby levels. As such I see no problem with having rewards that require you to partake in PvP to acquire them. If you don't want to PvP simply use the readily available conviction TC.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
848
Eric Stormbringer on Nov 15, 2015 wrote:
I disagree. Many objects spells etc are behind a barrier that requires participation to unlock. Crafted gear requires the appropriate crafting level, gardening spells require the appropriate gardening levels, certain energy gear requires the appropriate derby levels. As such I see no problem with having rewards that require you to partake in PvP to acquire them. If you don't want to PvP simply use the readily available conviction TC.
You missed his point. He isn't complaining that pvp is a requirement; He is complaining that he met the requirement, KI reset the ranks, and now because of a training point buyback, he is excluded from getting his spell back, unless he ranks again. He is complaining about the game mechanics of this. In other words, KI should make an adjustment for people who earned spells, or not removing them during buyback, instead of forcing them to redo the same content again for something they already earned. All the other examples you mentioned are irrelevant since none of them require you to do the same content over again. An appropriate example would be losing the "pixie" garden spell due to a rank reset, and buyback, and being forced to start gardening all over again to get the spell back. Another example would be not being able to use commander gear after a rank reset, until you reach commander again. Many pvp players would cry foul at this, because their argument would be it was earned.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
412
Thank you for helping me get this message across. You are right I am not talking about wizard that have not already met the requirements. I just don't want to repeat this every time I buy back my TPs, which i have had to do as i have have matured as a wizard. I think all my wizards were at one point or another ranked when I liked to pvp. But when the game became a bit much i left. Now its filled with bullies who wont let you get to sgt. Its come to that these days. Maybe you should try a ranking for those who wish only to get through the game not compete professionally.

Geographer
Dec 16, 2009
944
Intrepidatius on Nov 16, 2015 wrote:
You missed his point. He isn't complaining that pvp is a requirement; He is complaining that he met the requirement, KI reset the ranks, and now because of a training point buyback, he is excluded from getting his spell back, unless he ranks again. He is complaining about the game mechanics of this. In other words, KI should make an adjustment for people who earned spells, or not removing them during buyback, instead of forcing them to redo the same content again for something they already earned. All the other examples you mentioned are irrelevant since none of them require you to do the same content over again. An appropriate example would be losing the "pixie" garden spell due to a rank reset, and buyback, and being forced to start gardening all over again to get the spell back. Another example would be not being able to use commander gear after a rank reset, until you reach commander again. Many pvp players would cry foul at this, because their argument would be it was earned.
The choice to reset is a player prerogative. If you lose your rank during the reset you don't lose the spell.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
848
Eric Stormbringer on Nov 17, 2015 wrote:
The choice to reset is a player prerogative. If you lose your rank during the reset you don't lose the spell.
I was making a comparison to illustrate a point which you seem to have missed.

Geographer
Dec 16, 2009
944
Intrepidatius on Nov 17, 2015 wrote:
I was making a comparison to illustrate a point which you seem to have missed.
I addressed the original question of the thread which was if it was fair to require PvP for acquisition of the spell. I also demonstrated how losing the spell is a function based on player not KI's prerogative. Now if you wish to argue that the training point buyback should allow you to select spells you do not wish to forget then I am all for it. However, I am not supportive of removing one of the more tangible rewards for participating in the PvP system.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
848
Eric Stormbringer on Nov 17, 2015 wrote:
I addressed the original question of the thread which was if it was fair to require PvP for acquisition of the spell. I also demonstrated how losing the spell is a function based on player not KI's prerogative. Now if you wish to argue that the training point buyback should allow you to select spells you do not wish to forget then I am all for it. However, I am not supportive of removing one of the more tangible rewards for participating in the PvP system.
I didn't say I was either. I was making a point to better illustrate the the lack of fairness, and an appropriate example.