Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

is it just me or?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 24, 2008
so is it just me or is the PvP system like weird lately? I've tried joining a 4v4 and 3v3, and even a 2v2, and still it takes hours to get into a match? seems like the only one u can do is a 1v1... and those arnt that fun. Idk is anyone else having problems finding matches? i sued to love Pvp in this game.. then the updates happened and now it just takes forever? And i know its not my internet or comp cause i have the best stuff u could buy... so ya anyone else?

Administrator
Professor Drake's post may help explain why the matches are taking a while to pair up.

<url=https://www.wizard101.com/site/posts/list/3322.ftl]Link

If there's no one in the queue that is close to your level or rank, it may take a while. You don't have to stay in the arena while you wait, you can continue your adventures, talk to friends etc. When your turn comes up, you'll get the 'Go to Arena' prompt.

I'll have Drake look into the really long delays, longest I've seen is about 10 minutes but I'd love your feedback on this issue.

>

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Nov 24, 2008
I have literally waited up to an hour to 2 hours... idk why?

but it makes Pvp very frustrating?

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
If there's no one in the queue that is close to your level or rank, it may take a while. You don't have to stay in the arena while you wait, you can continue your adventures, talk to friends etc. When your turn comes up, you'll get the 'Go to Arena' prompt.

OK, I actually tried it out that way, and I'd like to use my experience to illustrate a huge, huge flaw with that idea.

I signed on for a 2v2 once, and then -- knowing that it would take a while to actually get the match -- went off to finish up some old quests that I had had stewing in my queue for a while. After having my kiester handed to me by Lord Nightshade (he can be murder on Necromancers), I was recuperating in The Commons when very shortly the 'Go to Arena' prompt suddenly popped onto the screen. Without even really thinking about it, I clicked to agree to the match, and can you guess what happened then?

That's right: I entered the match with practically NO HEALTH to speak of. I was, of course, dispatched in the first round. And not only did I feel like an idiot, but I felt extremely bad for my partner in the match, a 40+ level wizard who now had to face two other 30-40 level wizards all by himself. That's certainly not what he expected to walk into when he signed up for the match.

I've also been in a surprisingly high percentage of duels where one of my partners is effectively out of mana at that start. That's pretty aggravating as well; although I can't really blame them, if it was because they happened to do the same thing I did.

Now the most obvious fix for this would be to arrange for all wizards to enter the arena at full health and mana, no matter what was happening to them in the 'outside' world. Of course, not being a programmer, I also don't know how easy a 'fix' that would be, all things considered.

ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
I'll have Drake look into the really long delays, longest I've seen is about 10 minutes but I'd love your feedback on this issue.

I can personally attest to much longer delays than that. I actually tried timing it once, and finally gave up after the 30 minute mark. At other times I know that I have been an hour or more in the queue without any sign of a match coming up. To be frank, exceedingly long waits for a match are the norm for me, rather than an exception.

I wonder if whatever sorting algorithm your using has a problem with handling mid-range wizards? The two wizards I duel with have been mainly in the 20-30 level range since the new PvP system was launched, and either one of them continues to have a very hard time finding a decent match, let alone a timely one. I also have noticed that while the practice arenas are filled up with Apprentices and low-level Initiates, and the ranked arenas seem to be equally dominated by Masters and Grand Masters, Adepts and Magi appear to be few and far between.

Or maybe that's just the way it is with the gaming population. I dunno.

Now, before you get the impression that I'm full of complaints about this game, I'm not. All in all, I'm having a terrific experience here (as are the people who introduced me to this game, my nieces), and we're all looking forward to adventuring as far along The Spiral as you let us go!

Survivor
Feb 10, 2009
Every time I click to join a team or click the quick join button, I get sent to a generic queue and never get past finding a team at lvl 13. I don't actually join the available team when I click join, I get diverted to a generic queue instead.

I have yet to even get into a pvp match for this reason. Even when friends made a match and I tried to click join, it did not allow me to join the team. I was sent to a generic queue once again never getting past looking for team.

Explorer
Feb 09, 2009
Yeah that seems to be some kind of new problem that came up since the patch Friday morning. It's not happening to everyone though. Many people seem to be getting into matches just fine. Those of us having the same problem plight is having can sit and watch matches all day. We just can't join or start any matches.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
Ditto. Same problem here. Still unable to ever find a team in PvP, even when I click on the green "join" button for a match of my level.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
Is anyone else having problem using the "Watch Match" feature? Keep getting Error Message unable to load instance?

Survivor
Feb 23, 2009
Is anyone else having problem using the "Watch Match" feature? Keep getting Error Message unable to load instance?

Yeah Borgus, I get that error message about half the time.

Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
Yea i dont do team ranking because of the problems. Plus i dont like my overall ranking to be effect from a loss because a team messes up. I hope in the future K.I. will have two seperate ranking one for 1v1 and the other for teams(2v2,3v3,4v4).