Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is Exploiting Bugs Considered A Reportable Offense

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 26, 2010
See title. Specifically, wondering about dispel spam in PvP since, directly from the last update notes, "There is a known issue with casting Cloaked Dispels. These will not cause Dispel Shields to be used. It is a bug we would like to fix, but it will require more intense code changes for a future update to Wizard101." I doubt it's reportable, but I specifically came back to Wizard101 after a year long hiatus because of the dispel change as I used to love pvp before everything was always whoever goes first wins, whoever dispels the most wins, and whoever gets shadow pips first wins.

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
1360flames on Aug 2, 2017 wrote:
See title. Specifically, wondering about dispel spam in PvP since, directly from the last update notes, "There is a known issue with casting Cloaked Dispels. These will not cause Dispel Shields to be used. It is a bug we would like to fix, but it will require more intense code changes for a future update to Wizard101." I doubt it's reportable, but I specifically came back to Wizard101 after a year long hiatus because of the dispel change as I used to love pvp before everything was always whoever goes first wins, whoever dispels the most wins, and whoever gets shadow pips first wins.
Since no one has answered this, I shall. Bugs have been exploited ever since the game was created. To this day, players continue to exploit bugs that have not been patched—bugs that KingsIsle is not aware of. Some of this bugs—take the tomato basket glitch for example—have caused players to lose their accounts. Other bugs were just patched and nothing happened to those who exploited them, like multiplying cards with enchantments—no one knew that was a bug, however. Most of us thought that's how enchantments were ment to work. Other bugs such as stacking plants will not cause you to lose your account nor is it a reportable offense. As you see, one bug could get you banned whereas others are acceptable. I don't think the players are at fault here as there is nothing we can do to fix bugs but report them. We also don't know which bugs are acceptable to exploit.

I think your safest bet is to contact KingsIsle and ask it whether it's a reportable offense or not to exploit this particular bug.