Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is down ranking reportable offense?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 14, 2010
Down ranking in pvp refers to the act of delibrately losing a ranked pvp match to earn tickets quickly. Is this reportable? Should players be banned because of this. I am really interested to know KI's opinion on this.

Thanks very much

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
There is no good reason for this to be a reportable offense, so it is not. You don't get many tickets when you lose and aside from that, when you are down ranking you are being pushed away from certain high rank level only gear and or spells. So the player can't get their high rank item of interest unless they go back to ranking up anyway.

Besides, there are multiple reasons why someone would down rank. It's not only for tickets for some people.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
Downranking is not a reportable offense because, really, there's not much wrong with it. Reportably, I mean. It's just a cheap way of getting a few arena tickets fast. While this does have the (usually unintended) effect of legendaries being matched up with level 45s and such, that can be avoided too.

The longer you wait for a match, the more mismatched you'll be. If you wait for five minutes, you have a nice chance of a fair fight. Ten, as a private you might be against a corporal. Fifteen, maybe a sergeant. And so on.

But, the ranking system is also very flawed. Anyone who's done PvP for a while will tell you this. If you get a few consecutive wins, you'll probably be up against a higher rank. A few losses, you might be facing someone downranked. While this might have seemed like a good idea at first, it ended horribly.

But I'm sure Prospector Zeke could tell you all about reports and such. He's very well known for it on the message boards.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Blacklotus601 wrote:
Down ranking in pvp refers to the act of delibrately losing a ranked pvp match to earn tickets quickly. Is this reportable? Should players be banned because of this. I am really interested to know KI's opinion on this.

Thanks very much

Anything to do with winning/losing with pvp isn't reportable unless the person puts in a cursing offense.