Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Interesting Order

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
Wanted to know why is balance even allowed to go first in a PvP? In a 1v1 scenario, when a balance players get mana burn, how are you even supposed to stop that? Balance is the only class that has to be blocked by tower shields, they can choose to use elements or spirit but it isn't even necessary. When a balance warlord is going first against somebody who is lower 4 levels lower, and is only a captain how is that even fair? You put somebody with 1300 points against somebody with 750 and that's fair? You think letting the master of controlling a match go first is actually fair? I get 3 power pips and insta mana burn, I try to attack with 2 power pips and I can't do any damage. I'm supposed to rely on humongofrog and cyclops for damage? How is that even a realistic thought? Myth gets low HP, lower damage output than most classes, stun shields and triage ruin our gameplan and thats supposed to be fair? When a balance wizard goes first and they carry 15-20 mana burns its impossible to do anything really. Tower shields don't do anything to stop them with as much pierce as you can get now and they get high critical just like the elemental schools. In an unfair match up like that, the myth wizard should be going first. Even match up, it should be random, but in truth the lower ranked wizard should have the opportunity of going first. A more skilled player should be put second. I don't care what class it is, besides storm that is, balance going first is an automatic win with mana burn. You can't kill anything when you don't have pips. Not to mention these crafted spell, if they dont' spam mana burn, the loremaster is the go to card. Less accuracy and less damage in the same card? While still doing good damage? I guess this class really is balanced in PvP. Myth has the most warlords around level 50 for good reason, I can see why. But the higher level myth players are simply outclassed by the other classes. I guess as a myth player you know its bad when people are recruiting ice for damage and want you to heal and support for dungeons. I just hope one day soon, lower ranked wizards will go first, and game with enemies that are with your rank are random. It would be so much fair to make people earn their rating instead of farming lower levels and getting the opportunity to go first.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Darthjp on May 26, 2014 wrote:
Wanted to know why is balance even allowed to go first in a PvP? In a 1v1 scenario, when a balance players get mana burn, how are you even supposed to stop that? Balance is the only class that has to be blocked by tower shields, they can choose to use elements or spirit but it isn't even necessary. When a balance warlord is going first against somebody who is lower 4 levels lower, and is only a captain how is that even fair? You put somebody with 1300 points against somebody with 750 and that's fair? You think letting the master of controlling a match go first is actually fair? I get 3 power pips and insta mana burn, I try to attack with 2 power pips and I can't do any damage. I'm supposed to rely on humongofrog and cyclops for damage? How is that even a realistic thought? Myth gets low HP, lower damage output than most classes, stun shields and triage ruin our gameplan and thats supposed to be fair? When a balance wizard goes first and they carry 15-20 mana burns its impossible to do anything really. Tower shields don't do anything to stop them with as much pierce as you can get now and they get high critical just like the elemental schools. In an unfair match up like that, the myth wizard should be going first. Even match up, it should be random, but in truth the lower ranked wizard should have the opportunity of going first. A more skilled player should be put second. I don't care what class it is, besides storm that is, balance going first is an automatic win with mana burn. You can't kill anything when you don't have pips. Not to mention these crafted spell, if they dont' spam mana burn, the loremaster is the go to card. Less accuracy and less damage in the same card? While still doing good damage? I guess this class really is balanced in PvP. Myth has the most warlords around level 50 for good reason, I can see why. But the higher level myth players are simply outclassed by the other classes. I guess as a myth player you know its bad when people are recruiting ice for damage and want you to heal and support for dungeons. I just hope one day soon, lower ranked wizards will go first, and game with enemies that are with your rank are random. It would be so much fair to make people earn their rating instead of farming lower levels and getting the opportunity to go first.
Lower ranks will face higher-ranked enemies with lower levels. Fair's fair, their lack of power is balanced by their skill. It's silly to ban balance from going first, it's all random chance.