Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Insane bolt is ruining low level PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
11
Ok, I'm really sick and tired of trying to have a good, fun PvP match with my lower-level wizards, but being one-hitted by insane bolt. I mean, low-level PvP'ing isn't even fun anymore because like every wizard I go against uses it and it one-hits me. I know that I could just go and get Insane Bolt, but it's not a matter of having the spell, it's a matter of being able to actually do some strategic low-level duelling unlike the people who just Insane Bolt. Furthermore, I think the 20% chance to fail is rediculously low. So with two pips, 80% of the time they can hit 1000 damage? It is just getting annoying in my opinion.

Explorer
Aug 14, 2011
67
e1c2m3 wrote:
Ok, I'm really sick and tired of trying to have a good, fun PvP match with my lower-level wizards, but being one-hitted by insane bolt. I mean, low-level PvP'ing isn't even fun anymore because like every wizard I go against uses it and it one-hits me. I know that I could just go and get Insane Bolt, but it's not a matter of having the spell, it's a matter of being able to actually do some strategic low-level duelling unlike the people who just Insane Bolt. Furthermore, I think the 20% chance to fail is rediculously low. So with two pips, 80% of the time they can hit 1000 damage? It is just getting annoying in my opinion.


Tell me about it... On my Death, when i was lvl 7, this happened ALL.. THE... TIME. Only solution is to level to 15-20, where no one uses insane bolt anymore (Mostly 20). They know that you have high enough health to survive it at that level, and that's at the risk of completely killing themselves.

P.S- I have never, ever, never (sounding a bit childish lol) seen anyone with Commander gear that uses Insane bolt. They always at least backfire 5 times out of 15 matches, ruining their record and rank

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
793
I'm beginning to side with Daviato on this, in PvP Storm is the first school to be assaulted! I see complaints about Kraken, Stormzilla, Leviathan, Sirens, the Bolts, everything. If you don't like low level PvP, then do high level PvP instead. It's that simple!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
2723
Argh, I'm confused....

I thought Wild Bolt was ruining PvP ????

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/44855.ftl

:?

Bah, KI should just scrap Storm all together so we can get back to addresses Myth's crazy overpower in PvP!!!


Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
957
My brother just got into low level PvP, with his level 10 storm.
He didn't try to buy any Insane Bolt, wanted to play it fair.

His second match, he got hit with an Insane Bolt, about two or three turns into the match. He lost the match instantly, with over 850 health.
A few matches later, he faced the same girl again, got hit with Insane bolt, and lost the match, and ranked down.

I told him, you should add a few to the side deck, just in case you are for sure to lose the match, it would be a last strike to win.
He refused, but did accept a few, just in case he ran into the same girl again.
The very next match, there she was, and he pulled out his Insane bolt and fired, ending the match, and winning.

He said, "gg", and then said, "this is how you beat me last time, how does it feel?", and left.

Joe,
Joseph LionHunter.

Defender
Jan 20, 2010
108
I agree, Insane bolt needs to be level caped to at least level 20.

I'm beginning to side with Daviato on this, in PvP Storm is the first school to be assaulted! I see complaints about Kraken, Stormzilla, Leviathan, Sirens, the Bolts, everything. If you don't like low level PvP, then do high level PvP instead. It's that simple!

The problem is the ability to cast I-Bolt first turn, and end the match before your opponent can even cast their first spell, that's something you can't do with Kraken, Stormzilla, Leviathan, or Sirens. The only other spell with this ability is Wild Bolt, but the difference is W-Bolt only hits 1000 damage 33% of the time, while I-Bolt does it 80% of the time.

In closing, PvP is supposed to be about competition, and if you can win the game before the other side can even make a move there is no competition.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
387
It would make sense to level cap it or ban the treasure card like they did to talos, which making insane bolt only to storm if they have the real card.

Defender
Dec 18, 2008
105
XD! you PvP noobs will always find something completely useless to complain about! i'm sorry but it's just plain funny.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2011
13
First off I will say I am not I big PvPer, so my experience is limited. My first Wizard was Death and when he was in the high teens and low twenties I did some Arena Dueling. About half the time it would be a "good" duel and about half the time the person I was dueling woudl whip out some crazy high level spell. At first I could not figure out how they were doing it. Then I learned about Treasure Cards. I stopped dueling because I could not fathom spending that much Gold on buying Treasure Cards to use in the Arena. Gold. ROFL. Now that my Death Wizard is in the mid-50's I have Gold coming out of my ears and it woudl be no problem to buy TC and pass them over to my other lower level Wizards or to low level friends so they could be over powered in the Arena. I don't because it just seems wrong and spoils what the Arena seems like it should be.

There would seem to be an extremely simple answer. Consider using Treasure Cards in the Sport of Dueling to be like using steroids or other performance enhancers and just ban them. Dueling each other in the Arena should be about what we can do as Wizards ourselves, not what some High Level Friend/Patron can fill our sideboard with. Maybe allow TC's which you can cast normally, but not anything which you do not have normal access to. It puts new players who do not have High Level Alts or Friends at a tremendous and unfair disadvantage. It is also one which I do not think an actual Sport would allow in its regulations.

Here is another idea... What about two kinds of Duels?

In a "Normal" duel you would not be able to Treasure Cards or your normal Gear. There would be a standard collection of "Arena Gear" of various levels you could choose from which was all "No Sell, No Trade, Arena Only". The "No TC" aspects could be easily addressed by just having the "Arena Decks" have a sideboard of 0. This makes it all about your skill as a Wizard not the size of your bankroll.

An "Unlimited" duel woudl be just that... anything goes. Equipment, Treasure Cards, etc... Unless you have deep pockets yourself or have a Patron you would be best advised to stay away.

Thoughts?