Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Insane bolt glitch/hack?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 30, 2008
15
I was just in 2v2 pvp against the same 2 guys twice in a row, I had a perfect record and lost both times to them bringing me down to knight. They spammed insane bolt the entire time, every single time it hit us with a critical even though I have 245 block. They did this a total of about 6-8 times between the 2 matches and landed critical on us every time...I really don't believe this is just a fluke...Has anybody heard of a glitch or hack for insane bolt?

P.S. They had about 410 critical rating.

Delver
Oct 11, 2010
270
Falconry1 on Mar 20, 2014 wrote:
I was just in 2v2 pvp against the same 2 guys twice in a row, I had a perfect record and lost both times to them bringing me down to knight. They spammed insane bolt the entire time, every single time it hit us with a critical even though I have 245 block. They did this a total of about 6-8 times between the 2 matches and landed critical on us every time...I really don't believe this is just a fluke...Has anybody heard of a glitch or hack for insane bolt?

P.S. They had about 410 critical rating.
Hmm I have been one shot so many times by storms on my max level when i go second. Not a big deal this is in 1v1. if you pvp on a level 60 the wins that are only won because of 550-650 critical ratings go down alot. This is for 1v1 only if you mix levels e.g 60 with a 95 you face 2 95's so the critical issue is still there in 2v2 3v3 ect. You want to keep a good record then just do 1v1 thats the best way to rank up and you have more control.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
364
Falconry1 on Mar 20, 2014 wrote:
I was just in 2v2 pvp against the same 2 guys twice in a row, I had a perfect record and lost both times to them bringing me down to knight. They spammed insane bolt the entire time, every single time it hit us with a critical even though I have 245 block. They did this a total of about 6-8 times between the 2 matches and landed critical on us every time...I really don't believe this is just a fluke...Has anybody heard of a glitch or hack for insane bolt?

P.S. They had about 410 critical rating.
From what I know (correct me if I'm wrong) insane bolt has about a 20% chance of hitting the caster, and 80% of hitting the opponent. So casting 6-8 insane bolts and none hitting themselves is pretty lucky.

Wolf Skullslinger

Survivor
Nov 30, 2008
15
masterryan1969 on Mar 21, 2014 wrote:
Hmm I have been one shot so many times by storms on my max level when i go second. Not a big deal this is in 1v1. if you pvp on a level 60 the wins that are only won because of 550-650 critical ratings go down alot. This is for 1v1 only if you mix levels e.g 60 with a 95 you face 2 95's so the critical issue is still there in 2v2 3v3 ect. You want to keep a good record then just do 1v1 thats the best way to rank up and you have more control.
What are the odds of landing a critical with 410 crit rating on 245 block 6-8 times in a row using insane bolt without hitting yourself at all? Remember, these are the same people not different ones.

From my understanding on how critical works, when you get a critical it lands on a number anywhere between 1 and your critical rating(1-410 in this case) if this number exceeds the person's block, then they don't block, if not then they do. This means that 165/410, approximately 40% of the criticals would land, 60% would be blocked. Yet 100% of the 6-8 hits landed, not to mention the 18% chance not to get the critical in the first place(500 critical is 100%). Then there's a 1/5(20%) chance of insane bolt hitting yourself, yet in 6-8 times they never hit them self.

It's just too unlikely for this to happen...

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4120
Falconry1 on Mar 22, 2014 wrote:
What are the odds of landing a critical with 410 crit rating on 245 block 6-8 times in a row using insane bolt without hitting yourself at all? Remember, these are the same people not different ones.

From my understanding on how critical works, when you get a critical it lands on a number anywhere between 1 and your critical rating(1-410 in this case) if this number exceeds the person's block, then they don't block, if not then they do. This means that 165/410, approximately 40% of the criticals would land, 60% would be blocked. Yet 100% of the 6-8 hits landed, not to mention the 18% chance not to get the critical in the first place(500 critical is 100%). Then there's a 1/5(20%) chance of insane bolt hitting yourself, yet in 6-8 times they never hit them self.

It's just too unlikely for this to happen...
It's not unlikely at all, it's actually very likely. You keep saying 6-8 but in reality it's 3-4 because you said it's 2 casters. The odds are are completely independent. With each only casting 3-4 spells, the 1 in 5 just didn't happen. That's like saying it's too unlikely to have a battle without fizzling, yet it happens all the time.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
953
It may be very likely, but I lost three straight matches against the same Storm.
All he did was Insane bolt, and three Insane bolts, especially if they critical one of them,
can take most out. There was a total of 10 Insane bolts in three matches, and I lost
all three matches. Each Insane bolt was hitting for about 1650 though my resist, and
just one critical took me down to 300 health.
You can't heal out of that fast enough, so I just gotta say, in 1v1, or any other match,
Insane bolt is broken.
I watched him in two other matches, one against an Ice, and he didn't lose either of them.
He constantly used Insane bolt, and it never backfired on him.

He even laughed about it being broke after the last win.

I feel that Insane bolt should have been designed as a last ditch effort to win, with a 40 percent
chance of a backfire. As it is now, they can spam it over and over, to win a match.

Hero
Dec 16, 2009
773
Veracity8 on Mar 23, 2014 wrote:
It may be very likely, but I lost three straight matches against the same Storm.
All he did was Insane bolt, and three Insane bolts, especially if they critical one of them,
can take most out. There was a total of 10 Insane bolts in three matches, and I lost
all three matches. Each Insane bolt was hitting for about 1650 though my resist, and
just one critical took me down to 300 health.
You can't heal out of that fast enough, so I just gotta say, in 1v1, or any other match,
Insane bolt is broken.
I watched him in two other matches, one against an Ice, and he didn't lose either of them.
He constantly used Insane bolt, and it never backfired on him.

He even laughed about it being broke after the last win.

I feel that Insane bolt should have been designed as a last ditch effort to win, with a 40 percent
chance of a backfire. As it is now, they can spam it over and over, to win a match.
I agree that insane bolt's cast ratio is too high at 80-20 but I believe it should be 70-30 putting it in line with storm school's base accuracy. 60-40 is much too low a chance to warrant it. See: Insane Bolt

Survivor
May 04, 2012
7
It is no glitch, just luck. That's what Storms depend on in their spells. Many storms add a lot of critical and damage rating to have more impact (Thus increasing the chance of a one hit kill). I have experienced many storms who have hit themselves instead of me, and I laugh because they thought they had it . That was pure luck. I'm sorry that happened to you