Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Insane Bolt Being Used in Ranked PvP by Storm

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 06, 2009
10
Hey all you wizards!

I am just here to inform KI that once again the InsaneBolt storm card is in PvP again... I was in a PvP match today, not that long ago, and a player by the name of Edward <something something> used InsaneBolt 3 times, and got all three hits on my team. This card clearly is NOT for pvp, as stated in the game and on the Wizard101 Central website. I, nor the rest of my team know how he was able to use it, but he did, and that being one of the reasons we lost. (It was a 2 storm and 1 myth VS. life, death, and balance - my team). This one of the many examples of how storm as well as other school get advantages over the rest of the players. All I am asking from KI is that they fix this issue so that InsaneBolt can not be used AT ALL in pvp any more. (colossal, etc) Everyone that has also have this happen to them, please support me on this, I know I am not the only one as my team to have this occur to them.

Central Link: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Insane_Bolt

Sadly I did not think at the time to screenshot it, which was my fault of course, but I know that I have the proof of several other wizards that I can assume have also have this happen to them!

Best of luck in PvP all you wizard!

-Scot Dragon Flame
-LvL 90 Life Wizard

Explorer
Nov 17, 2012
91
ScotDragon Flame on Apr 18, 2013 wrote:
Hey all you wizards!

I am just here to inform KI that once again the InsaneBolt storm card is in PvP again... I was in a PvP match today, not that long ago, and a player by the name of Edward <something something> used InsaneBolt 3 times, and got all three hits on my team. This card clearly is NOT for pvp, as stated in the game and on the Wizard101 Central website. I, nor the rest of my team know how he was able to use it, but he did, and that being one of the reasons we lost. (It was a 2 storm and 1 myth VS. life, death, and balance - my team). This one of the many examples of how storm as well as other school get advantages over the rest of the players. All I am asking from KI is that they fix this issue so that InsaneBolt can not be used AT ALL in pvp any more. (colossal, etc) Everyone that has also have this happen to them, please support me on this, I know I am not the only one as my team to have this occur to them.

Central Link: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Insane_Bolt

Sadly I did not think at the time to screenshot it, which was my fault of course, but I know that I have the proof of several other wizards that I can assume have also have this happen to them!

Best of luck in PvP all you wizard!

-Scot Dragon Flame
-LvL 90 Life Wizard
dude why do you even get mad about insane bolt they can kill themselves ya know so that is a good advantage and plus that spell is really moon damage so i don't think storm blades and traps will activate it (Blaze Moonmender promethean)

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
364
ScotDragon Flame on Apr 18, 2013 wrote:
Hey all you wizards!

I am just here to inform KI that once again the InsaneBolt storm card is in PvP again... I was in a PvP match today, not that long ago, and a player by the name of Edward <something something> used InsaneBolt 3 times, and got all three hits on my team. This card clearly is NOT for pvp, as stated in the game and on the Wizard101 Central website. I, nor the rest of my team know how he was able to use it, but he did, and that being one of the reasons we lost. (It was a 2 storm and 1 myth VS. life, death, and balance - my team). This one of the many examples of how storm as well as other school get advantages over the rest of the players. All I am asking from KI is that they fix this issue so that InsaneBolt can not be used AT ALL in pvp any more. (colossal, etc) Everyone that has also have this happen to them, please support me on this, I know I am not the only one as my team to have this occur to them.

Central Link: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Insane_Bolt

Sadly I did not think at the time to screenshot it, which was my fault of course, but I know that I have the proof of several other wizards that I can assume have also have this happen to them!

Best of luck in PvP all you wizard!

-Scot Dragon Flame
-LvL 90 Life Wizard
Are you attempting to say insane bolt is no PvP? Because that is false. Insane bolt TC IS no PvP.

Hope I cleared that up,

Wolf Stormblood, the Disastrous Diviner

P.S. if they are dumb enough (no offense) to use it well then fine, you might get an auto-win

Survivor
Jun 03, 2012
17
Ok ok ok ok hold on. Whats wrong with insane bolt? If anything you should be dancing in the street since insane bolt can pretty much kill whoever uses it. And since it can only be used by storm wizards in pvp (not the tc) then we pretty much die if it backfires (trust me it backfires a lot). And to be honest, I hear complaints about all kinds of spells that should be "Banned" from pvp. Guardian spirit for example. No one likes that spell because well it brings the dead back to life, but it's a spell just like every other. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't like it if they took away a spell that you like so much. You gotta think about these things before you go posting everywhere that you hate this because someone used it a few times. As I have said before, you don't HAVE to pvp. It's just there as something to do, but it's optional and quite frankly I think people forget that.

Cya in the Spiral

Blake TitanCaller Lvl 88

Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
65
Thats strange, the insane bolt cards I earned from the Mirror Lake dungeon are no pvp cards.

They just need to make all insane bolt cards no PVP.

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1077
Dogempire on May 15, 2013 wrote:
Thats strange, the insane bolt cards I earned from the Mirror Lake dungeon are no pvp cards.

They just need to make all insane bolt cards no PVP.
Insane Bolt TC are not allowed in PvP. However, it is a regular trained school spell for Storm, so it's allowed, just like any trained school spell is allowed, like the minion Talos for Myth but others can not use the Talos TC for PvP.

Survivor
Jan 03, 2011
14
Rather than removing them from pvp, i think they should up the self destruct rate. Atm i think its either 10% or 20%, and that just doesnt happen often enough when they are hitting 1800 with 2 pips.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
406
corybur96 on May 16, 2013 wrote:
Rather than removing them from pvp, i think they should up the self destruct rate. Atm i think its either 10% or 20%, and that just doesnt happen often enough when they are hitting 1800 with 2 pips.
It's 25% rebound, 75% success.

Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
65
AstroStorm on May 16, 2013 wrote:
It's 25% rebound, 75% success.
Should be 50% rebound 50% sucess.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
406
Dogempire on May 17, 2013 wrote:
Should be 50% rebound 50% sucess.
Agreed.

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
251
You're wrong. Regular insane bolt can be used in pvp, but not the tc I think. Some guy used it on me yesterday and killed himself.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
406
BalanceWizardEthan on May 20, 2013 wrote:
You're wrong. Regular insane bolt can be used in pvp, but not the tc I think. Some guy used it on me yesterday and killed himself.
Was it me? lol Seriously though it has happened a lot to me.