Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Initiate warlord vs Grandmaster!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 27, 2010
Hey Ki. I've been doing a lot of pvp on my ice warlord which is really fun. But the part that's not fun is that i keep having to fight all these grandmasters which is not fair. Last match i did I had to fight an ice grandmaster who had 3000 health which was annoying

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
MythWarlord12615 on Sep 27, 2013 wrote:
Hey Ki. I've been doing a lot of pvp on my ice warlord which is really fun. But the part that's not fun is that i keep having to fight all these grandmasters which is not fair. Last match i did I had to fight an ice grandmaster who had 3000 health which was annoying
Yeah..this is a very commonly discussed topic. If you're having trouble then level up! My balance has 1608 rank and when I left the PvP ranked arena after gaining my good rank I had just finished fighting a Death Warlord level 50. (With gear) Oh yeah, my Balance is level 30. Haha. My friend's record is at 2000 rank at level 35 he fights Warlord Transcendents..

Wolf Legend

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I agree this is frustrating, but I think it's the best KI can do regarding matching wizards up to fight. I understand their logic. It's sort of a David and Goliath situation. One wizard is weaker with better skills, and one wizard is powerful with lesser skills.

My level 52 Myth is regularly fighting level 90 wizards. More often than not I lose when this happens, even though I usually give a decent fight. There is just no way to survive a wizard with over 400 critical when you are level 52 with under 2k health and low block.

I don't mind fighting wizards higher level than me, but maybe 38 levels higher is too much. I would think they could put a cap on wizard level differential at maybe 25-30 levels.

Delver
Jan 18, 2013
Yeah this really isn't fair in some cases. My rank on my level 10 myth was above 2000 at one stage, the game started paring me with level 60+ opponents. I know it kind of makes sense because my rank was so high but I was still only a level 10. It got to the point were it was just impossible for me to win. I would get a critical kraken to the face on the first turn and that would be the end of that.

It can be annoying. But honestly I can't see that this is ever going to change. The only full-proof advice that I can give you is level up to 90. That way you will never get pared with anyone a higher level than you. That is all I do now because low level PvP becomes annoying the more you rank up, you almost never face someone close to your level.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2013
Not fair at all.Should make max 15 lvl difference

Survivor
Apr 30, 2011
If rank didn't effect the matching system this much, then players would be able to reach unbelievable ratings, so I see this as a limit telling you how far to go.

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
Ghost stone on Sep 28, 2013 wrote:
Yeah this really isn't fair in some cases. My rank on my level 10 myth was above 2000 at one stage, the game started paring me with level 60+ opponents. I know it kind of makes sense because my rank was so high but I was still only a level 10. It got to the point were it was just impossible for me to win. I would get a critical kraken to the face on the first turn and that would be the end of that.

It can be annoying. But honestly I can't see that this is ever going to change. The only full-proof advice that I can give you is level up to 90. That way you will never get pared with anyone a higher level than you. That is all I do now because low level PvP becomes annoying the more you rank up, you almost never face someone close to your level.
Yea, I know how you feel, as i was a level 12 overlord with my friend, another level 12 overlord facing arch puppets .

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
W101Puppy on Sep 29, 2013 wrote:
Not fair at all.Should make max 15 lvl difference
well skilled level 8 warlords have beat magus' but just a few levels higher grandmaster? insane it's entertaining for me to watch my level 8 warlord friend fight a level 32 or a level 12 warlord but an initiate vs grandmaster is just a little overboard maybe there just wasn't many people in the right difficulty to fight them