Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Increasing stats have completely broken PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
I completely understand that that Maliastaire gear and the Shadow infused spells are great and probably necessary for PvE now but they're just too much for PvP, it seriously removes a lot of the the need for skill and I personally think it takes away a lot of the fun. I'm sad to say when Darkmoor was released it was pretty much like turning off the life support machine connected to PvP, but I'm probably just stuck in the old days. I don't think it should be nerfed because it wouldn't be fair for people who just PvE but I really think that KI should consider making both of these no PvP along with Jewels because 6 pierce on a jewel is just silly, its far too much, I've seen people with 45 pierce how can that possibly be seen as fair for PvP, I am genuinely shocked by how the game has gotten to a point where you can actually kill first round if you get a shadow pip and critical on your opponent. I believe Hades, KH crafted and possibly even waterworks gear being the go to gear for Exalted PvP would completely fix it, lowering the pierce, damage and making resist count for more, maybe if this happened jewels wouldn't even need to be no PvP, but no they go and add a pet jewel breaking PvP even more. I also believe ALL shadow spells should be made no PvP which will never happened as I'm probably the only person who wants that.

PvP has many huge problems with basic solutions. Bad juju for example, make it no cloak and its nowhere near as much of an issue. As a recap these are the things I believe should be no PvP: Exalted Malistaire gear, Shadow Enhanced spells along with ALL shadow spells and jewels, also no cloak added to Bad juju. I have played this game a pretty long time, I have quit a few times but I always came back, this game will always hold a special place in my heart, it is a one of a kind and I want the days of skill being an important component in max level PvP. I genuinely don't understand how any person can enjoy the current meta, it is a rage enducing RNG pierce, critical and. I fear I may be quitting for good. Alo for people saying it does take skill still, praying for your shadow pip to FFA ect is not skill.

I probably wasted my time writing this as no one will read it nor will they agree, oh well.

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
I agree with you. I'm of the mind that there should just be a cap on stats for pvp. All the stats are way too high now and it's become a race to see who can attack first and which team has an immune healer.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
Tatiana Winterhear... on Sep 22, 2015 wrote:
I agree with you. I'm of the mind that there should just be a cap on stats for pvp. All the stats are way too high now and it's become a race to see who can attack first and which team has an immune healer.
If they were to add something like this they wouldn't even have to bother making the overpowered gear no PvP, I have no idea why this hasn't been added already. They should just make a limit of around 90/95 damage, 60 resist and limit pierce to around 15/20. Then change the Shadow spells that completely ruin PvP into no PvP. And there we have it, a completely fair PvP system

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
Zekrr on Sep 21, 2015 wrote:
I completely understand that that Maliastaire gear and the Shadow infused spells are great and probably necessary for PvE now but they're just too much for PvP, it seriously removes a lot of the the need for skill and I personally think it takes away a lot of the fun. I'm sad to say when Darkmoor was released it was pretty much like turning off the life support machine connected to PvP, but I'm probably just stuck in the old days. I don't think it should be nerfed because it wouldn't be fair for people who just PvE but I really think that KI should consider making both of these no PvP along with Jewels because 6 pierce on a jewel is just silly, its far too much, I've seen people with 45 pierce how can that possibly be seen as fair for PvP, I am genuinely shocked by how the game has gotten to a point where you can actually kill first round if you get a shadow pip and critical on your opponent. I believe Hades, KH crafted and possibly even waterworks gear being the go to gear for Exalted PvP would completely fix it, lowering the pierce, damage and making resist count for more, maybe if this happened jewels wouldn't even need to be no PvP, but no they go and add a pet jewel breaking PvP even more. I also believe ALL shadow spells should be made no PvP which will never happened as I'm probably the only person who wants that.

PvP has many huge problems with basic solutions. Bad juju for example, make it no cloak and its nowhere near as much of an issue. As a recap these are the things I believe should be no PvP: Exalted Malistaire gear, Shadow Enhanced spells along with ALL shadow spells and jewels, also no cloak added to Bad juju. I have played this game a pretty long time, I have quit a few times but I always came back, this game will always hold a special place in my heart, it is a one of a kind and I want the days of skill being an important component in max level PvP. I genuinely don't understand how any person can enjoy the current meta, it is a rage enducing RNG pierce, critical and. I fear I may be quitting for good. Alo for people saying it does take skill still, praying for your shadow pip to FFA ect is not skill.

I probably wasted my time writing this as no one will read it nor will they agree, oh well.
I completely agree, the only way they can fix PvP is if they get rid of the Shadow Enhanced spells and the Malistaire gear or just add a simple stat limit to PvP, its a joke right now its purely luck based, a wand that can randomly do 1000 damage? Is that a joke. How they can allow that and those spells and 45 pierce in PvP is beyond me. I'd rather be stuck in the old days when it took skill than stuck in this nightmare. What I'd give to go back to day one.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Zekrr on Sep 21, 2015 wrote:

member PVP king mention (having extra armor) meant add something so, people have immunity to armor pierce? so, adding attributes make our spell!

Example Attributes:

: Tough (Rank 1) +10 (Heath)

: Strong (Rank 1) +3 (Strength) Total

: Alert (no rank) You take 50% less damage from traps

: Feeding Frenzy (Rank 1) Regain health from defeated enemies Rank 1 of 3 (rank 2) 2 of 3 (rank 3) 3 of 3

: Hold the Line ~turn into Hold the Cast~ (Rank 1) Halt up to 1 enemy who moves into an adjacent square. (chance Into Halt Up to 1 Cast from Enemy anyone target healer or there enemy teammate)

: Turn the Tide (Rank 1) +25% damage (wand power) when you are below 50%(heath)

: Loud (Rank 1) +20%(Threat Generation)

Survivor
Dec 30, 2009
Tatiana Winterhear... on Sep 22, 2015 wrote:
I think that would probably help PvP if there was a cap on stats. It would be great if it gradually increased for each level.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
JustinFrostHunter on Sep 24, 2015 wrote:
member PVP king mention (having extra armor) meant add something so, people have immunity to armor pierce? so, adding attributes make our spell!

Example Attributes:

: Tough (Rank 1) +10 (Heath)

: Strong (Rank 1) +3 (Strength) Total

: Alert (no rank) You take 50% less damage from traps

: Feeding Frenzy (Rank 1) Regain health from defeated enemies Rank 1 of 3 (rank 2) 2 of 3 (rank 3) 3 of 3

: Hold the Line ~turn into Hold the Cast~ (Rank 1) Halt up to 1 enemy who moves into an adjacent square. (chance Into Halt Up to 1 Cast from Enemy anyone target healer or there enemy teammate)

: Turn the Tide (Rank 1) +25% damage (wand power) when you are below 50%(heath)

: Loud (Rank 1) +20%(Threat Generation)
I'm sorry but the only way to fix PvP right now is to make Malistaire gear and Jewels no PvP or make a stat limit rule (around 15/20 pierce, 60 resist and 95 damage)

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Zekrr on Sep 26, 2015 wrote:
I'm sorry but the only way to fix PvP right now is to make Malistaire gear and Jewels no PvP or make a stat limit rule (around 15/20 pierce, 60 resist and 95 damage)
yeah but don't think wont work at all (don't won't rid of jewel) people make pvp fair then tell kingsisle give something to resist armor pierce? so, harder for them use armor pierce to defeat? but what about there pet talent? sun serpent maycast made by mistake)

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
meant maycast snow serpent made by mistake

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Making Malistaire gear and jewels no PvP is a very unrealistic goal and causes many more problems than it "fixes." Should gear that is difficult to farm for be banned from PvP? Answer that yourself.

A stat limit rule will do nothing for PvP but ruin it and make sets of certain gear optimal for PvP. 15/20 maximum armor pierce? So what you are saying is that anybody who uses the wand from Darkmoor has to go for another wand? So Storm wizards have to use a completely different set of gear than anybody? Ice wizards can't use their full Darkmoor upgrade set?

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
PvP King on Sep 29, 2015 wrote:
Making Malistaire gear and jewels no PvP is a very unrealistic goal and causes many more problems than it "fixes." Should gear that is difficult to farm for be banned from PvP? Answer that yourself.

A stat limit rule will do nothing for PvP but ruin it and make sets of certain gear optimal for PvP. 15/20 maximum armor pierce? So what you are saying is that anybody who uses the wand from Darkmoor has to go for another wand? So Storm wizards have to use a completely different set of gear than anybody? Ice wizards can't use their full Darkmoor upgrade set?
Having fair stats will ruin PvP? I'm pretty sure the thing ruining PvP is having over 30 pierce. You could quite easily use the warlord wand instead of the Darkmoor one with the stat limit, or the Frosty Stare Tiki Torch. No one would use the full Darkmoor set. They'd combine parts of it with Hades and Crafted. I'm sorry but how would fair stats and being able to use masteries again ruin PvP? PvP should take a lot of effort to prepare to play at the top level. 20 pierce is a pefect limit, anything over that is too much. Seriously no idea how you can think introducing a fair stat limit could ruin PvP, when people have 40 pierce and 110 damage.

And yes, if its creating stats which are ruining PvP, it should not be allowed.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Zekrr on Sep 30, 2015 wrote:
Having fair stats will ruin PvP? I'm pretty sure the thing ruining PvP is having over 30 pierce. You could quite easily use the warlord wand instead of the Darkmoor one with the stat limit, or the Frosty Stare Tiki Torch. No one would use the full Darkmoor set. They'd combine parts of it with Hades and Crafted. I'm sorry but how would fair stats and being able to use masteries again ruin PvP? PvP should take a lot of effort to prepare to play at the top level. 20 pierce is a pefect limit, anything over that is too much. Seriously no idea how you can think introducing a fair stat limit could ruin PvP, when people have 40 pierce and 110 damage.

And yes, if its creating stats which are ruining PvP, it should not be allowed.
So what you're telling me, is instead of just gradually fixing stats, that KI should completely forget everything they created for the game (crafted gear, KR gear, new pet stats, all jewels) should just be excluded into a PvE only item and everything we farmed for should be completely useless in PvP? Well I'm glad KI hasn't listened to your ideas yet.

Instead of completely wasting gear that is available and extremely hard to farm for, making a new stat to diminish incoming armor pierce or simply making new gear that gives more block rating will already help greatly. Your "fair stats" allows schools like Balance to use the best of their gear but Storm will have to drop in universal resist and loads of critical just to barely fit in. Instead of fixing a bridge with toothpicks, supporting the stats with new stats that counter them directly will help a lot, especially if they are kept under control.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
PvP King on Oct 4, 2015 wrote:
So what you're telling me, is instead of just gradually fixing stats, that KI should completely forget everything they created for the game (crafted gear, KR gear, new pet stats, all jewels) should just be excluded into a PvE only item and everything we farmed for should be completely useless in PvP? Well I'm glad KI hasn't listened to your ideas yet.

Instead of completely wasting gear that is available and extremely hard to farm for, making a new stat to diminish incoming armor pierce or simply making new gear that gives more block rating will already help greatly. Your "fair stats" allows schools like Balance to use the best of their gear but Storm will have to drop in universal resist and loads of critical just to barely fit in. Instead of fixing a bridge with toothpicks, supporting the stats with new stats that counter them directly will help a lot, especially if they are kept under control.
Like I say, there comes a point where gear gets so strong it becomes too much for PvP. And how am I telling them to forget everything? you could still use the current gear to add up stats to reach the stat limit. And all jewels? You can still use jewels and reach the stat limit I proposed. The only thing not being used would be the full Malistaire set, only parts of it combined wither things like the Malistaire shoes, hades robe and hades had, bringing back gear with heal boost. With that you could use the duelist ring and the cosmic kris and a mastery. How can you not want that over the mess PvP is now?.

And for new pet stats, how would this make a difference to that? If anything it would make you able to utilize them even more.

Anger about farming a long time for things should not even come into it. The new things will still be able to be used with this, you just need to be smart about how you choose it. Yeah a pierce blocking stat would fix that, but we still wouldnt be able to use mastery amulets. If they just stop making the stats higher and higher we would be able to use all new gear with a stat limit feature.

You need to check out the tournaments on wiz central, the best duelists on the game are there and they use this exact rule.

Survivor
May 25, 2009
I honestly think the Malistaire gear is fine and balanced. I think the problem is pierce jewels and Darkmoor spells. Darkmoor spells are good for questing, however they are too op for pvp. They are especially not fair when some schools don't have all enemies to use when you want to do a team match. Pierce jewels just make resistance non existent, even shields don't give you a life line when you are low on health. Taking out pierce jewels takes out 18% pierce out of the equation. People may bicker and complain about the hard work they put into farming these, but I think more people would rather have a fair pvp system and give them up anyways. For countering juju spammers, they should make unlimited reshuffle again. While juju spammers will be able to spam juju easier, the more skilled players will never run out of cards and the matches won't go stale mate.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
The Unknown Wizard on Oct 4, 2015 wrote:
I honestly think the Malistaire gear is fine and balanced. I think the problem is pierce jewels and Darkmoor spells. Darkmoor spells are good for questing, however they are too op for pvp. They are especially not fair when some schools don't have all enemies to use when you want to do a team match. Pierce jewels just make resistance non existent, even shields don't give you a life line when you are low on health. Taking out pierce jewels takes out 18% pierce out of the equation. People may bicker and complain about the hard work they put into farming these, but I think more people would rather have a fair pvp system and give them up anyways. For countering juju spammers, they should make unlimited reshuffle again. While juju spammers will be able to spam juju easier, the more skilled players will never run out of cards and the matches won't go stale mate.
I agree with the reshuffle thing and I would also say the Malistaire gear would be fine without pierce jewels and the shadow enhanced spells. It would be great if they made the pierce jewels no PvP so we could use the rest and make the shadow enhanced spells no PvP, it would fix the majority of the problems. But I doubt this will ever happen which is a shame. They should also make juju no cloak so it couldnt be spammed as easily with the unlimited reshuffle

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Zekrr on Oct 4, 2015 wrote:
Like I say, there comes a point where gear gets so strong it becomes too much for PvP. And how am I telling them to forget everything? you could still use the current gear to add up stats to reach the stat limit. And all jewels? You can still use jewels and reach the stat limit I proposed. The only thing not being used would be the full Malistaire set, only parts of it combined wither things like the Malistaire shoes, hades robe and hades had, bringing back gear with heal boost. With that you could use the duelist ring and the cosmic kris and a mastery. How can you not want that over the mess PvP is now?.

And for new pet stats, how would this make a difference to that? If anything it would make you able to utilize them even more.

Anger about farming a long time for things should not even come into it. The new things will still be able to be used with this, you just need to be smart about how you choose it. Yeah a pierce blocking stat would fix that, but we still wouldnt be able to use mastery amulets. If they just stop making the stats higher and higher we would be able to use all new gear with a stat limit feature.

You need to check out the tournaments on wiz central, the best duelists on the game are there and they use this exact rule.
The gear isn't overpowered in PvP. Is critical too high? Yes. Is armor pierce too high? Yes. Let's evaluate why this is:
-There are many more pet critical talents per school than there are block talents
-Armor pierce jewels made armor pierce ridiculously high, it was pretty much okay before except for the wand
-Shadow Enhanced Spells are overpowered because of their dramatically increased dpp and would be overpowered in any form of meta, this has nothing to do with gear

"The only thing not being used would be the full Malistaire set"
And there is your problem. You aren't thinking realistically. Pierce jewels will be of absolute no use, Ice wizards will have to lose block rating for its resist to fit in (boots gives too high resist), Storm will have to change boots because its armor pierce is too high, and then PvP will become even more unfair.
"You could use the duelist ring and the cosmic kris and a mastery."
If I want to be known as the greatest PvP Private there was, sure why not? What you completely fail to understand is that no matter what, because of Shadow Enhanced Spells and extremely high amounts of critical, heal boost will always be irrelevant because damage is simply far more efficient than healing. Critical will exceed block rating by an insane amount, resulting in an extremely low block rating strategy, and since many people will sacrifice pierce jewels, they will exchange them for critical jewels, all for which account a 2% bonus to critical rating, except for Storm, because, of course, its armor pierce will be too high. So Storm gets less critical than Myth, Ice is forced to use garbage accuracy gear because its resist is too high, everybody will have super low block rating compared to critical, etc. Wonderful solution. Very well done.
"You need to check out the tournaments on wiz central..."
Yes, I do Wizard101Central PvP tournaments, and have quite the amount of first place positions. It's also true there that Storm, Death, Myth & Ice never win.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
PvP King on Oct 5, 2015 wrote:
The gear isn't overpowered in PvP. Is critical too high? Yes. Is armor pierce too high? Yes. Let's evaluate why this is:
-There are many more pet critical talents per school than there are block talents
-Armor pierce jewels made armor pierce ridiculously high, it was pretty much okay before except for the wand
-Shadow Enhanced Spells are overpowered because of their dramatically increased dpp and would be overpowered in any form of meta, this has nothing to do with gear

"The only thing not being used would be the full Malistaire set"
And there is your problem. You aren't thinking realistically. Pierce jewels will be of absolute no use, Ice wizards will have to lose block rating for its resist to fit in (boots gives too high resist), Storm will have to change boots because its armor pierce is too high, and then PvP will become even more unfair.
"You could use the duelist ring and the cosmic kris and a mastery."
If I want to be known as the greatest PvP Private there was, sure why not? What you completely fail to understand is that no matter what, because of Shadow Enhanced Spells and extremely high amounts of critical, heal boost will always be irrelevant because damage is simply far more efficient than healing. Critical will exceed block rating by an insane amount, resulting in an extremely low block rating strategy, and since many people will sacrifice pierce jewels, they will exchange them for critical jewels, all for which account a 2% bonus to critical rating, except for Storm, because, of course, its armor pierce will be too high. So Storm gets less critical than Myth, Ice is forced to use garbage accuracy gear because its resist is too high, everybody will have super low block rating compared to critical, etc. Wonderful solution. Very well done.
"You need to check out the tournaments on wiz central..."
Yes, I do Wizard101Central PvP tournaments, and have quite the amount of first place positions. It's also true there that Storm, Death, Myth & Ice never win.
With a limit of 60% resist, 95% damage and 20 armor pierce, Ice would most definitely be able to use their Malistaire shoes, 12 resist from them, 14 from the hat and then 12 from the Hades robe add a double resist pet and its under 60. Storm also could too, you could just reach the stat limit while using them. With the stat limit heal boost would not be irrelevant at all. Obviously other things would have to be done to make it work, for example giving us gear with more block and make the Shadow Enhanced spells no PvP.

If anything block would become higher because everyone would be using the Malistaire shoes along with the Hades robe.

Defender
Jun 12, 2009
Pvp these days is just brainless. Some schools like ice fire life and balance dominate in pvp with their superior cards which make for more strategies that are hard to defend against especially fighting from second.Some schools are just brainless and spam the same two or three cards . And some school's shadow pip spells are insanely over powered and two of their shadow enhanced spells will kill you.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
If you put a level one wizard and an exalted wizard side by side with no gear the only difference in their stats is that the exalted has higher health and power pip chance. When Kingsisle decided all wizards stats would be gear based in stead of a wizard gaining stat bonuses through leveling this was bound to happen.

There is no fix at this point. We will have to ride it out till the servers go off-line. One thing I know about major overhauls in MMO's is that it's basically signing a death warrant of your game.

This is kind of reminding my of my D&D days and a certain DM who had a very monty hall play style. Let's see where they take us.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2015
Honestly, I don't think that a PvE only strategy would help. It would hurt PvP more than help.

The best solution here is a stat limit. Maybe a possible stat limit for EACH school based on their specialties could help. A storm could possibly get 100 damage, but an ice can only achieve about 75 or 80 damage. It would certainly contribute to PvP until a full time solution that both the community/developers agree on.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
TheUltimateFireWiz on Oct 8, 2015 wrote:
Honestly, I don't think that a PvE only strategy would help. It would hurt PvP more than help.

The best solution here is a stat limit. Maybe a possible stat limit for EACH school based on their specialties could help. A storm could possibly get 100 damage, but an ice can only achieve about 75 or 80 damage. It would certainly contribute to PvP until a full time solution that both the community/developers agree on.
I would be more than happy if a stat limit was added, but I doubt it will ever happen. At the moment I see that as the only rational thing that can be done. But when Polaris is released all we'll probably see is even more pierce and critical.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Zekrr on Oct 6, 2015 wrote:
With a limit of 60% resist, 95% damage and 20 armor pierce, Ice would most definitely be able to use their Malistaire shoes, 12 resist from them, 14 from the hat and then 12 from the Hades robe add a double resist pet and its under 60. Storm also could too, you could just reach the stat limit while using them. With the stat limit heal boost would not be irrelevant at all. Obviously other things would have to be done to make it work, for example giving us gear with more block and make the Shadow Enhanced spells no PvP.

If anything block would become higher because everyone would be using the Malistaire shoes along with the Hades robe.
Ice gets 62% resist from its best gear, if you limit it to 60, Ice has to use garbage gear to compete. Now that your idea's flaws have been pointing out, you are adjusting more and more rules to make it work. More block from gear, making Shadow Enhanced Spells no PvP (which I agree with), but adding stats that make defense in general more effective will give off the same result and result in far less consequences for schools. Imagine a stat that reduced incoming armor pierce, and if we got 30% of that. Already, PvP will be taking a step ahead in that damage-resist ratios will be very even, letting people survive criticals easier.

Block would become higher, yes, at the cost of several good stats such as accuracy and perfect power pip chance, which reduces major luck factors in PvP. If they simply add stats that will aid in defense, maybe increase heal boost in future gear, we can keep our perfect power pip chance and very high accuracy, while having a good enough damage-resist ratio to make PvP skilled again, rather than having to go through the whole cycle twice.

Defender
Oct 15, 2009
The same thing now is the same thing its always been (even in the infancy of the first age)- the advantage of going first. One thing KI could/should have done in the beginning to add fairness and level the advantage is a single spell.

Reversal.

The only thing that distinguishes a Reversal spell from a stun (myth actually has a worse double stun) is now the person going second is now going first. It could be a very high pip bubble card. It would solve all issues, but the biggest in my opinion. The only draw may be a reversal war similar to a bubble war or Uno.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
PvP King on Oct 9, 2015 wrote:
Ice gets 62% resist from its best gear, if you limit it to 60, Ice has to use garbage gear to compete. Now that your idea's flaws have been pointing out, you are adjusting more and more rules to make it work. More block from gear, making Shadow Enhanced Spells no PvP (which I agree with), but adding stats that make defense in general more effective will give off the same result and result in far less consequences for schools. Imagine a stat that reduced incoming armor pierce, and if we got 30% of that. Already, PvP will be taking a step ahead in that damage-resist ratios will be very even, letting people survive criticals easier.

Block would become higher, yes, at the cost of several good stats such as accuracy and perfect power pip chance, which reduces major luck factors in PvP. If they simply add stats that will aid in defense, maybe increase heal boost in future gear, we can keep our perfect power pip chance and very high accuracy, while having a good enough damage-resist ratio to make PvP skilled again, rather than having to go through the whole cycle twice.
Ice would just be able to use the Hades robe and I wouldn't really class that as garbage, you do lose accuracy but with accuracy jewels and accuracy from the Malistaire shoes it would not be that much of a problem. I have not adjusted any rules, I stated the same rules that my first post on the matter stated along with making shadow spells no PvP.

I completely agree with a stat to resist pierce, I would love to see that added I think it is completely necessary to prevent something as huge as a stat limit being added. I believe if that was added along with enough block on gear for us to be able to use masteries, making the Shadow Enhanced spells no PvP and more heal boost on gear would be the perfect way to start getting the skill back into PvP. What I seriously don't understand is how they raised the critical with Malistaire gear but they removed block from the robe and heal boost from all the pieces of gear, I think the robe should at least give 40 block but obviously they're not gonna change gear that has already been released.

Explorer
Oct 23, 2011
That resist armor pierce would work for exalted PvP but it would make level 50, 60, 70, 80 and 90 very much harder.
It's already hard enough to kill exalted persons at those levels, if they add armor pierce they should put groups of levels (1-30, 30-50, 50-90...) for the rankings.