Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Immunity Setting in Quick Match

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 08, 2016
253
No idea why this is even allowed in a Quick Match, it has completely spoiled the fun for me. No wonder why it was taking so long for him to accept. It's a dirty, cheap trick to win by spectating your opponent's battles ahead and gearing yourself with immunity against their school. I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one this Warlord guy has set for in the entire match, based on the 96 resist he had for Ice during his next match. What's even worse is that he decided to troll me for a little while by passing and dispelling me after I completely gave up just waiting for him to kill me with a last hit.

Please do something about this. It ruins the fun for other people.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
253
There should also be a limit to the amount of resist you have in a Quick Match because there is no way I could've won that match, especially from second. Shrike would've probably been the best option, but it would've taken me a long time to draw it and I'm quite certain I would've been already dead by then. Even Infallible was not effective enough against him. There was no point in me trying to defeat someone who had 100+ Death resist, 90+ dmg and 20+ pierce nor wasting my treasure cards, and technically, his way of winning was cheating.

Survivor
Jul 16, 2011
19
I don't do pvp myself (mostly because wizard has the worst pvp system i've ever seen) but is there some way for him to have seen who he was facing when the match was ready? From what I remember in practice 1v1's it doesn't tell you who you are facing.

Honestly I don't see PvP worth doing at all, you have to deal with far too much nonsense and cheating like this. Even in practice matches you have to deal with the silly warlord gear which is absurd especially on lower levels and getting smacked with TC's all day long. Getting hit with a leviathan TC on a max level 15 practice match isn't my idea of a fun time. I've even had a guy in spectate communicating with a guy on the enemy team and telling them what our team was talking about and planning for the next rounds.

Anyway if what you are saying is possible then it needs to be fixed. The PvP system in general needs a lot of work to stop all the various ways people are cheating. Hope you have better matches in the future.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
253
CaptainSnuffles on Oct 21, 2017 wrote:
I don't do pvp myself (mostly because wizard has the worst pvp system i've ever seen) but is there some way for him to have seen who he was facing when the match was ready? From what I remember in practice 1v1's it doesn't tell you who you are facing.

Honestly I don't see PvP worth doing at all, you have to deal with far too much nonsense and cheating like this. Even in practice matches you have to deal with the silly warlord gear which is absurd especially on lower levels and getting smacked with TC's all day long. Getting hit with a leviathan TC on a max level 15 practice match isn't my idea of a fun time. I've even had a guy in spectate communicating with a guy on the enemy team and telling them what our team was talking about and planning for the next rounds.

Anyway if what you are saying is possible then it needs to be fixed. The PvP system in general needs a lot of work to stop all the various ways people are cheating. Hope you have better matches in the future.
The only way to cheat around the system in order to know your next opponent's school and set for them ahead of time is through another character on another computer or he had friends spectate my match and tell him the winner's school. I was his second opponent, so there's a high chance he wasn't able to set for his first rival (unless he knew/seen that person multiple times in the arena and memorized their school). I know that this guy didn't only set for me and is certainly not his first time setting for people since I've seen him setting again in a 1v1 tourney days after that incident. I also saw him as a Juju Jade in a Ranked match once, which was no surprise. I guess that's just his way of 'winning'.

And yes, you're correct. You do have to deal with a lot of nonsense, cheating, stress and rude players when it comes to PvP. But doing PvP and determining whether it is worth doing at all is a matter of opinion. Personally, I do PvP since I have nothing else to do and I enjoy it, but not as much as I did before. I do hope that KingsIsle takes this into consideration and that the problem with Juju Jades are still present. In my opinion, full Jade gear shouldn't be allowed in Ranked at all, only in Classic or regular 3v3/4v4 tourneys. Jade gear is one of the main issues at high level PvP (80 to max). It's so broken and takes the fun away from PvP.

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
133
I agree something should be done about setting in tournaments. Its unfair and not fun. One of my friends and I did a quick match 2v2 and on the final round we lost to two players that were ice immune.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
311
Survivor
Jun 26, 2011
13
On my max ice I have done a good amount of tourneys and I have experienced setters. I have never had someone with over 100% resist though. The worst I got was 80 resist and set shields. People can tell what school you are because when they look at the people in 1st 2nd 3rd etc they could look at your match on another character to see what school you are. Or they can tell by your name what school you are.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2017
23
Complaining about people using high end resist gears in set match to satisfy your own inability to build a strategy around it does not make it unfair. That's a bit over the top if this was the case jade pets shouldn't even exist, but they exist to give people ways to use them. I've experience this once few weak's ago against a balance, with balance immunity.Giving the aspect of strategies its not as unfair as you think.How ever i do believe reg non jade type players should be giving some form of pierce spell like an aura etc to nullify resistance.I believe the mistake again was to give players access to immunity that should of only be giving to bosses around the spiral.(k I mistakes) of course eventually players would have abuse this right? yes people will seek any from of strategy from juju spamming, lore spamming and the broken ice spell abominable weaver~ to have a higher advantage in winning matches than others.

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
133
Happened again in 2v2, final round vs an ice immune team even their hitter that was storm was ice immune. I wish diego would take in to consideration people being immune before making his choice of who wins the match if its a tie.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
253
jonathan2693 on Nov 16, 2017 wrote:
Complaining about people using high end resist gears in set match to satisfy your own inability to build a strategy around it does not make it unfair. That's a bit over the top if this was the case jade pets shouldn't even exist, but they exist to give people ways to use them. I've experience this once few weak's ago against a balance, with balance immunity.Giving the aspect of strategies its not as unfair as you think.How ever i do believe reg non jade type players should be giving some form of pierce spell like an aura etc to nullify resistance.I believe the mistake again was to give players access to immunity that should of only be giving to bosses around the spiral.(k I mistakes) of course eventually players would have abuse this right? yes people will seek any from of strategy from juju spamming, lore spamming and the broken ice spell abominable weaver~ to have a higher advantage in winning matches than others.
If I would've known about this before, I could've planned ahead and come up with some strategy. The fact that I never knew people would even go as far as to be immune (since I've never faced one before in a 1v1), the fact that I've never heard nor seen this guy before and his constant setting for his opponents, the fact that I was second in this situation and how he cloaked dispel/juju spammed me gave me pretty much little to no chance of winning that match. You also have to consider that it was quick match, there's usually no time for strategy when the damage and pierce constantly increases. He just stalled to make sure I couldn't do anything else and finished me off with Khrulhu. And lastly, I believe everyone can come forward about an issue and complain as much as they like. That's what the message boards are here for.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
253
Fred Frost on Nov 20, 2017 wrote:
Happened again in 2v2, final round vs an ice immune team even their hitter that was storm was ice immune. I wish diego would take in to consideration people being immune before making his choice of who wins the match if its a tie.
Yup, it's certainly getting out of hand. There were two teams in a Quick Match 3v3 with jades. My team were one of the few who faced them and were second once again, didn't help when our decks had failed and couldn't triple Storm Lord in order to finish their Storm off during the first round. We ended up 3rd, but if it weren't for the jade teams, we would've tied 1st with the other team. It also dragged on the tourney longer than necessary and frustrated many.

Explorer
May 20, 2012
78
I think jade gear should be banned in all pvp tournaments.