Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I'm Terrible at PvP! Please help!

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
Hi, I'm a lvl 83 pyromancer but I'm terrible at pvp! I never got passed private and my pvp points are 484. I really would like help! I won 10 matches and lost 41!! Please help and give me some good tips
~ Alura Battleheart 83 Pyro

Survivor
Aug 26, 2012
i know exactly what your going through and i'll try my best to help you but you should use dots spells they are useful (i can't do dots spells because i am storm and w101 hates storm) btw if you dont know what dots spells are, they are spells like, fire dragon, rain of fire, fire elf, spinysaur, bone dragon, poison ect.

hope this helps: william dragonblood level 80 divener (storm)

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
Alura BH on Apr 28, 2013 wrote:
Hi, I'm a lvl 83 pyromancer but I'm terrible at pvp! I never got passed private and my pvp points are 484. I really would like help! I won 10 matches and lost 41!! Please help and give me some good tips
Alura in my opinion....Pvp is crazy right now. The rules are getting super ridiculous.

Explorer
May 14, 2009
Set your deck up really good. If you're doing 1v1, I'd suggest rain of fires and efreets. Rain of fires are great because they break shields, and efreet is good because it does damage and places a -90% curse on the enemy.

For treasure cards, I would say;
Some cleanse charms
Some tower shields
Then some others of your choice.

Now, try to get a pet with good traits;
Proof
Defy
Fairy

Try to get good gear. If you have a life mastery, try to get a lot of incoming.

Be sure to use blades/traps/spears. They help a lot.

Best of luck.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Hey Penguin,

One of the best things to do is watch a Fire Warlord at work, ask for their setup and strategy. But if you can't find one there are plenty of guides. I love to look at Duelist101 a lot.

Hope I helped,
Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade (my fire is only level 10 so can't help you much there)

Survivor
Apr 25, 2013
1. Train with ice until tower shield
2. Get good armor!
3. Get a nice healing pet that will use sprite or unicorn by itself!
4. Train with life until saytr.
5. Get the amulet for power pip for life so you can heal whenever!
6. Keep steal charms spells, stuns, and spells like that in your deck!
7. Keep a few fire elves so when they shield, the fire elf easily covers it leaving you a round for attack!
Hope I helped!

Explorer
Nov 17, 2012
lol i am loving pvp sometimes and hating it sometimes first, i fight and win like 4 duels and a row,then i fight again and lose like 5 matches in a row. that is super annoying when i go against lower levels and lose like that. it makes me feel weak usless, embrrassed, and pathetic ah i had to let that out well i feel much better now lol i always learn how to laugh at life (Blaze Moonmender promethean)

Defender
Apr 22, 2012
Alura BH on Apr 28, 2013 wrote:
that's all?? before the update I won 10 and lost 84, I was lvl 64 xD so, to me not that bad xD my stats were like 200 something