Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I'M SICK OF CHAIN BOLTERS

1
AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 16, 2009
234
Yep. That's right.
They sit there clicking bolt after bolt. It only takes like 3-5 bolts to kill. More if you have defense (tower shield, absorb, storm shield) Less if you have less health than what an average bolt does.

So I was in PvP earlier today (RANKED match) And I am in a battle with a level 40 storm wizard. First round, boom, wild bolt. Second round, boom, wild bolt, third round, fizzle, fourth round, boom wild bolt, fifth round, boom, wild bolt. I'm dead.

I'm getting kind of sick of some of the PvPers making it sort of unfair to PvP. They probably get to Warlord in 1 day.

Wild bolt is making PvP quite unfair. There are some wizards, who will just use it once. But others that will use it every round.

At fourth round I told the guy "Thanks for chain bolting" When I died, he said "Good Game" I replied "Good game? I wouldn't say" he replied with just "lolz"

Who else agrees that this is getting annoying and ruining PvP?

Survivor
Aug 18, 2008
1
You and hundreds of other people are crying so much about this. The only reason i think people whine is cause they're not prepared for a real match no matter what the person uses. Carry shields, weakness, absorbs anything to lessen the damage. Make sure you learn the spells cause think of it this way they have a limited source of bolts in arena match. If you carry enough shields you might make them run out. You can win if your prepared. If your not prepare to lose.

Delver
Jun 16, 2009
234
Oh and YES I do have a storm wizard. But I haven't stepped foot into the arena with her and if I do, I pledge not to chain bolt. I don't want to be another annoying chain-bolter, people getting mad at me and other stuff.

Delver
Jun 16, 2009
234
flaire wrote:
You and hundreds of other people are crying so much about this. The only reason i think people whine is cause they're not prepared for a real match no matter what the person uses. Carry shields, weakness, absorbs anything to lessen the damage. Make sure you learn the spells cause think of it this way they have a limited source of bolts in arena match. If you carry enough shields you might make them run out. You can win if your prepared. If your not prepare to lose.



Well you don't automatically know if this person is a chain-bolter or not. I do not have any absorbs, tower shields, or storm shields, because I am not life, ice, or fire. I do not have a secondary in any of those either. The bazaar does not have a lot of abosrbs, or tower shields. And if they do, I don't want to buy 5 of them for 2000 each.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
889
Ok, i have to disagree. Wild bolt is soo mild! i can kill the bolters with judgement before they get a chance to not fizzle. You have to plan fast, use shields on the way, and whip out wraith(knowing ur death) thats bladed and traped and the bolter can easily be dead before he gets a chance. I pretend he isnt going to use wild bolt on me and focus on my strategy.

Survivor
Jul 30, 2009
5
flaire wrote:
You and hundreds of other people are crying so much about this. The only reason i think people whine is cause they're not prepared for a real match no matter what the person uses. Carry shields, weakness, absorbs anything to lessen the damage. Make sure you learn the spells cause think of it this way they have a limited source of bolts in arena match. If you carry enough shields you might make them run out. You can win if your prepared. If your not prepare to lose.


Shields will not work, they will just use a storm wand or steal ward to steal the shields.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
8
i agree you can beat the chain bolters..they have no skill and just want to win fast. just keep attacking and always have a storm shield on hand, and yes they will fizzle allot so you can beat them.

Delver
Jun 16, 2009
234
IamLezul wrote:
Ok, i have to disagree. Wild bolt is soo mild! i can kill the bolters with judgement before they get a chance to not fizzle. You have to plan fast, use shields on the way, and whip out wraith(knowing ur death) thats bladed and traped and the bolter can easily be dead before he gets a chance. I pretend he isnt going to use wild bolt on me and focus on my strategy.



Wild bolt is the strongest spell that can go for a little amount of pips.

First to make my wraith strong: Blade, death blade

Opponent attack: pass for a pip

Seconds to make my wraith stronger: Death trap

Opponents attack: (since they now have two pips) ZAP wild bolt!

After that: maybe blade again

Opponents attack: probably another bolt if they have a gold pip

Me: trap

Opponents attack: pass

Me: trap

Opponents attack: Wild bolt

I'm dead.

I PvP'd a guy today with wild bolt. I had a tower shield, and absorbs with me. I put them on. But he used triton and knocked em' off. I was going to attack him, so I bladed myself. He gets a gold pip, he uses wild bolt. Zap, I'm dead.


Survivor
May 26, 2009
49
alex2209 wrote:
flaire wrote:
You and hundreds of other people are crying so much about this. The only reason i think people whine is cause they're not prepared for a real match no matter what the person uses. Carry shields, weakness, absorbs anything to lessen the damage. Make sure you learn the spells cause think of it this way they have a limited source of bolts in arena match. If you carry enough shields you might make them run out. You can win if your prepared. If your not prepare to lose.


Shields will not work, they will just use a storm wand or steal ward to steal the shields.


simple use repeat shields they can only knock off one of the same type of shield so use multiple towers, storms, etc as long as they are of the same type

PvP is strategy and knowing what your opponent is going to do, if they are storm: assume bolts, lords, and tritons, balance: judgement and shields, myth: earthquake and stuns, life: heals along with centaurs, death: blades and traps to set up a wraith, ice: tower shields colosus and frost giant, fire: very tricky, plan for blade steals and over time spells

There, thats mainly what each school will use in pvp give or take a few personalities, but keep in mind this is from the point of view from a balance guy that got to warlord fast (thank you lady judgement) so i havent fought too many matches

~Richard BattleBlade

i hope i stopped some people from making more threads that should be labeled WHINNING DUE TO A PVP LOSS

"If i have offended anyone, i sincerely apologize"

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
11
Guys, if you think that wildbolt will always get the better of you then you're WRONG!

In a PvP i always make sure that i have storm shields in my treasure card deck. I don't usually put on a shield till i see them fizzle with a storm spell at two pips. That usually signals that they are a bolter so i shield. Then i save up pips, i blade up and put feints, curses and hex on them. They would usually try and get rid of my shield, so after putting all the curses hexes and blades etc on i usually just shield against storm till i have full pips... THEN BAM! They are dead by my judgement.

There are plenty of other ways you can do this... this is just my strategy.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
889
DarkStorm824 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
Ok, i have to disagree. Wild bolt is soo mild! i can kill the bolters with judgement before they get a chance to not fizzle. You have to plan fast, use shields on the way, and whip out wraith(knowing ur death) thats bladed and traped and the bolter can easily be dead before he gets a chance. I pretend he isnt going to use wild bolt on me and focus on my strategy.



Wild bolt is the strongest spell that can go for a little amount of pips.

First to make my wraith strong: Blade, death blade

Opponent attack: pass for a pip

Seconds to make my wraith stronger: Death trap

Opponents attack: (since they now have two pips) ZAP wild bolt!

After that: maybe blade again

Opponents attack: probably another bolt if they have a gold pip

Me: trap

Opponents attack: pass

Me: trap

Opponents attack: Wild bolt

I'm dead.

I PvP'd a guy today with wild bolt. I had a tower shield, and absorbs with me. I put them on. But he used triton and knocked em' off. I was going to attack him, so I bladed myself. He gets a gold pip, he uses wild bolt. Zap, I'm dead.



I see your points, but i guess i am in a different situation some times. However i DO think there needs to be lvl arrangements for treasure cards. I am soo sick of being powed by treasure cards when i am playing my other characters. Come on its like i'm only a lvl six and i need an opponent with 48 spells? My idea is you have to be the lvl the original owner of the REAL spell got it at to use the treasure card. For example: to use a wild bolt, you have to be lvl 38 since i'm pretty sure thats when storm gets it.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
563
IamLezul wrote:
DarkStorm824 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
Ok, i have to disagree. Wild bolt is soo mild! i can kill the bolters with judgement before they get a chance to not fizzle. You have to plan fast, use shields on the way, and whip out wraith(knowing ur death) thats bladed and traped and the bolter can easily be dead before he gets a chance. I pretend he isnt going to use wild bolt on me and focus on my strategy.



Wild bolt is the strongest spell that can go for a little amount of pips.

First to make my wraith strong: Blade, death blade

Opponent attack: pass for a pip

Seconds to make my wraith stronger: Death trap

Opponents attack: (since they now have two pips) ZAP wild bolt!

After that: maybe blade again

Opponents attack: probably another bolt if they have a gold pip

Me: trap

Opponents attack: pass

Me: trap

Opponents attack: Wild bolt

I'm dead.

I PvP'd a guy today with wild bolt. I had a tower shield, and absorbs with me. I put them on. But he used triton and knocked em' off. I was going to attack him, so I bladed myself. He gets a gold pip, he uses wild bolt. Zap, I'm dead.



I see your points, but i guess i am in a different situation some times. However i DO think there needs to be lvl arrangements for treasure cards. I am soo sick of being powed by treasure cards when i am playing my other characters. Come on its like i'm only a lvl six and i need an opponent with 48 spells? My idea is you have to be the lvl the original owner of the REAL spell got it at to use the treasure card. For example: to use a wild bolt, you have to be lvl 38 since i'm pretty sure thats when storm gets it.



I'm not correcting IamLezul, but the storm spell you get when you're level 38 is triton. I'm just saying.

Caroline Sunbright
Grandmaster theurgist

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
563
There's another subject in the Player versus Player board called, "healing every turn?", it's related to this one, except it talks about them healing alot. And yeah, are you talking about people like those protection pox in Dragonspyre over at Marva Flamewing? I've defeated Chain Bolters alot, especially in Ranked Matches, because I do them. Okay I'll tell you when it happened, I was facing this pyromancer (around level 35 I think), he was shielding and healing wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much. And then it was never stopping, so I fled.

Caroline Sunbright
Grandmaster theurgist

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
18
Lol you guys make it sound so hard.

What is do to combat this is stock up my sideboard with dissipate
Either that, or i just keep on healing. I mean, they have to run out of wild bolts sooner or later. So it goes pretty much like this

Storm-blade
Me: Shield
Storm: Wild bolt
Me: heal
Storm: wild bolt(power pip)
Me:Treasure Dissipate 8) 8)
Storm: blade
Me: Brace yourself for some damage lol
Storm Bolt
me: heal
Storm blades and i shield and yea.
Now here's where it gets fun.
The storm is now OUT of bolts. They now wait 4 turns to reshuffle, either that or they're completely out of bolts
THIS is your opening. It's YOUR turn to try to blade and hit with something. For example, fire blades up, then uses like phoenix.
For death, it gets fun. Bladed pirate, doom and gloom, and they are practically screwed

Explorer
Oct 12, 2009
75
I gotta agree with Iamlezul though, i can take out bolters with judgement.
They are easy to crush

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
40
firehunter203 wrote:
Lol you guys make it sound so hard.

What is do to combat this is stock up my sideboard with dissipate
Either that, or i just keep on healing. I mean, they have to run out of wild bolts sooner or later. So it goes pretty much like this

Storm-blade
Me: Shield
Storm: Wild bolt
Me: heal
Storm: wild bolt(power pip)
Me:Treasure Dissipate 8) 8)
Storm: blade
Me: Brace yourself for some damage lol
Storm Bolt
me: heal
Storm blades and i shield and yea.
Now here's where it gets fun.
The storm is now OUT of bolts. They now wait 4 turns to reshuffle, either that or they're completely out of bolts
THIS is your opening. It's YOUR turn to try to blade and hit with something. For example, fire blades up, then uses like phoenix.
For death, it gets fun. Bladed pirate, doom and gloom, and they are practically screwed


Umm dude what if they have the storm deck that lets you put 7 copies in it. Also Treasure carders carry like 25 bolts. also how are you supposed to heal with only too pips unless your life. Well pixie but cmon...

Luke GriffenSpear Level 50 Fire
Austin StormBringer Storm Level 29

Defender
Apr 27, 2009
127
Explorer
Oct 12, 2009
75
Yea i am sick and tired of these storm people just clicking on bolt and then they laugh and say i am bad at pvp.

Wild bolt needs to be banned from pvp definitley.

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
140
I think that wild bolt is simple to deal with. Put a Weakness on them, they're down to 750, put on a Storm Shield, and the thing does basically no damage. Also, this spell fizzles so often that I don't really see any problem.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
42
Yea i am sick of bolters to i mean like one day i saw a lvl five warlord and he kept on trying to bolt me.

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
259
Don't wild bolts only have 10% accuracy though. That means that only 1/10 of the time they fizzle. I have a storm wizard and ALWAYS fizzle when I do Wild Bolts.

Survivor
Mar 25, 2010
9
Well, I'm not to complain, while bolters may win some they can also loose some. In my experience, most bolters that beaten me or loose against me are low rank PVP while I am a steady growing in rand up to captain with my Balance with Death at level 16.

I win more than loose and that includes bolters, and high level players

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
1
ThePieMaster wrote:
Don't wild bolts only have 10% accuracy though. That means that only 1/10 of the time they fizzle. I have a storm wizard and ALWAYS fizzle when I do Wild Bolts.




grand gear for storm gives 15% accuracy, so thats now a base 25% bolt, and then if they put snipers or keen eyes on their bolts that makes the bolt anywhere from 35% to 45% cast, so thats where you sit with that.

i have a grand fire and storm, i take both in arena. i play for fun, but bolts are nothing. its stuns that annoy me... lol


but reguardless just keep shields in your deck. and you will be fine

Survivor
Apr 13, 2009
8
I've read over many of these posts, and 90 percent of you have no clue what you're talking about. I don't know what level of competition you face on a regular basis, but I suggest getting some real experience under your belt before commenting.

Bolts are broken; combined with an over all sound strategy bolts over power you at the worst times. Shield against it all you want, anyone with half a brain has numerous ways to get rid of storm shields (especially people who rely on bolts). Generally, people who solely rely on wild bolts prove to be the easiest to deal with. It's people who use it on top of their regular strategy that prove to be the most trouble- an example would be a bolt after every storm lord. Seeing as how the bolts are broken, they successfully cast more than they should, which just means layers of damage that shouldn't even be possible.

I cringe at the sight of facing storm in 1v1, not because I fear losing, or being bested, but because ultimately it's out of my hands. When a win or loss is dependent on luck, that's when skill, strategy, and deck management all go down the drain. More importantly, the very purpose for making this game is undermined because LUCK shouldn't be a factor.

Fix the bolts :]

Defender
May 09, 2009
161
this is one of the reasons why i think treasure cards should not be allowed only in ranked pvp. ranked pvp should be based on a persons skill and how clever they are. that is why it is called ranked cause depending on how good you are will earn you your rank.

(if you think this is a good idea pls post this same idea to other posts. make sure that it fits in with the subject.)

1