Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I'm not sure if this changed or?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 22, 2009
So, i'm a grandmaster ice, and when entering in pvp that is usually easy to tell because of my health (full grand gear) So, people put shields, correct? Well my OLD method was to put a convert before they shielded, then if they fire shielded i'd have a fire wand to take it off, and this worked great for a while, but the other day i was trying to show my friend how well this worked, i put on the convert before he shielded, when he shielded fire i used the wand to take it off blah blah blah you get it, the usual. Well, it didn't work for some reason, and it ended up catching the ice shield that he put on after the convert. Did they change the convert concept, or am I just blanking out on how to do this. Please respond with any info you have regarding this....thanks :)

Explorer
Apr 28, 2009
they did but convertion spells are complicated to use so i just bought a storm elf. lol

Hero
May 02, 2009
Well, I dont have an ice wizard, and my main is my grand fire, but I know how they work (even though for a while I was confused about them too.)

The reason it activated was because he shielded after you put a prism on. Because of that, the ice shield activated even though a prism was placed.

Just like with traps, shields work in pretty much the same way (first on, last off/last on, first off).

Let me try to explain: say person A and person B are dueling. B resists A's normal school (ice in this case), so he prisms to convert it to fire. Person B then uses either Snow Shield or Thermic Shield. A then uses Ice Wyvern on B. The Ice shield activates, followed by the prism, which thereby reduces the damage Wyvern does by whatever amount the shield blocks for. BUT if B shields before-hand, and A uses ice prism, then, assuming the shield isnt a thermic shield and B doesnt use another Ice shield, then A's Ice Wyvern will do full damage with nothing reducing its damage.

It's kinda complicated to explain, but I think you get the idea. If your still confused, then I would reccomend practicing in the arena so you can get the general idea of how it works.

I hope I helped.